Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267550 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #2345 on: April 07, 2013, 09:48:15 AM »
SkyUI did not work properly without the SSE so i uninstalled it. I might try the SSE later.

This mod is really nice:
Vurt Flora Overhaul (Redux)

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #2346 on: April 07, 2013, 11:00:48 AM »
SkyUI did not work properly without the SSE so i uninstalled it. I might try the SSE later.

It's really easy to use.  You just unpack the contents of SKSE into the Skyrim folder and open the game with SKSE.exe instead of Skyrim.exe.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2347 on: April 07, 2013, 12:11:57 PM »
It would appear that horse mechanics are Beth's biggest blunder. Seems so obvious that you should be able to park your horse somewhere and leave it, yet as soon as you fast travel it shows up next to you. The only reason I even have one is because I picked up Frost, and now there doesn't seem to be any way to get rid of it other than killing him.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2348 on: April 07, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »

It's really easy to use.  You just unpack the contents of SKSE into the Skyrim folder and open the game with SKSE.exe instead of Skyrim.exe.
But don't you need to seperate .dll, .psc and .pex files into diffrent folders? And it seems to be a bunch of files too which means that if you wanna uninstall SKSE you'll have to search for the correct files to delete. I'm not saying that's difficult though.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #2349 on: April 07, 2013, 12:25:35 PM »

But don't you need to seperate .dll, .psc and .pex files into diffrent folders? And it seems to be a bunch of files too which means that if you wanna uninstall SKSE you'll have to search for the correct files to delete. I'm not saying that's difficult though.

Nope, all that stuff goes directly into the Skyrim folder.  As far as uninstallation, I usually keep a copy of the original packed folder so I can reference which files it came with, but I really doubt you'd have any reason to uninstall it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2350 on: April 07, 2013, 12:28:19 PM »

Nope, all that stuff goes directly into the Skyrim folder.  As far as uninstallation, I usually keep a copy of the original packed folder so I can reference which files it came with, but I really doubt you'd have any reason to uninstall it.
OK, nice i'll try it out.  :)

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2351 on: April 07, 2013, 03:15:56 PM »
It would appear that horse mechanics are Beth's biggest blunder. Seems so obvious that you should be able to park your horse somewhere and leave it, yet as soon as you fast travel it shows up next to you.
Hence why I stick with my conjurable horse.

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #2352 on: April 07, 2013, 04:25:55 PM »
It would appear that horse mechanics are Beth's biggest blunder. Seems so obvious that you should be able to park your horse somewhere and leave it, yet as soon as you fast travel it shows up next to you. The only reason I even have one is because I picked up Frost, and now there doesn't seem to be any way to get rid of it other than killing him.
I like that, but that's because I have Shadowmere and she doesn't afraid of anything.
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2353 on: April 07, 2013, 04:38:26 PM »
It would appear that horse mechanics are Beth's biggest blunder. Seems so obvious that you should be able to park your horse somewhere and leave it, yet as soon as you fast travel it shows up next to you.
So do I, albeit in a different sort of way. I created a batch file that blinks Frost in or out of existence. I park him in the stable at Lakeview, say adios and console his ass into oblivion. I can recall him at any point, exactly where he was when I nuked him.  Still, it'd be nice to have a real, working horse that hangs out at your stable when you're not using him. Considering how much thought they put into all aspects of this game, it amazes me that they made horse ownership so stupid and worthless.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2354 on: April 07, 2013, 04:44:32 PM »
I'd always thought that they do that so you don't go "oh fuck I left my horse, now I have to fast travel back!"
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2355 on: April 07, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »
I'd always thought that they do that so you don't go "oh fuck I left my horse, now I have to fast travel back!"
I have to do that with Lydia's silly ass, so why not my horse?
E.F. Benson

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2356 on: April 08, 2013, 06:47:10 PM »
Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player’s house no longer allows the book to be reused again

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUck

Good thing I did that already.

Of all the things they fixed with the latest update, none of it was with Hearthfire, the glitchiest thing in Skyrim.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2357 on: April 08, 2013, 07:11:11 PM »
Is Hearthfire really worth it anyway?
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2358 on: April 08, 2013, 07:20:46 PM »
I think so. I didn't think much of it at first, but once you get going, it's pretty fun. Plus, having a custom house is pretty cool.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #2359 on: April 08, 2013, 09:37:13 PM »

There's a cheat for that?!  I only have two more to get though - the Elder Scrolls wiki has all of the locations, so I'm trying to remember which ones I've been to. :lolpalm:

So... I downloaded the quest marker thing for the last two stones and I'm currently in the place where the crown is.

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2360 on: April 09, 2013, 05:29:51 AM »
I really enjoy Hearthfire, despite my kid thinking it's funny to run off every now and again. I mean, sure, building your house is pretty tiring, but oh well.

Edit: 53 levels in, multiple minor appearance adjustment mods and God knows how many trips to the face resculptor, and I'm finally happy with the structure of my character's face. Noble and graceful, but also intimidating and cold. All I need now is a lore friendly hair mod to complete her- Any suggestions? (And no, Apachii hair is beautiful, but not lore friendly.

FML photobucket, stop being a bitch (right click-view image to see it without it looking fucktarded)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:09:17 AM by alirocker08 »
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #2361 on: April 10, 2013, 12:36:59 PM »
IMO, too much makeup for the gritty world that is Tamriel.  That's just me, though.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2362 on: April 10, 2013, 12:56:56 PM »
Is Hearthfire really worth it anyway?
I like it, but it's certainly not without it's flaws. You'll have to stop and run to the store 20 times building your house, and you're worthless-ass steward is, well, worthless. You're stuck with the rooms you build because they didn't incorporate any method for remodeling. Unless you're the type to turn away poor, fixing to freeze to death little kids, go ahead and build a kids bedroom, cuz you'll get saddled with a couple of them and there's no way to build one after the fact. I don't care for the armory at all. Should have twice as many mannequins and weapon racks. At the very least, have enough mannequins to display the unique armors you'll be awarded.

As for the plus sides, the Lakeview house is pretty nifty and nicely located. Having a greenhouse and garden is awesome. You'll never want for potions and poisons again. If you build the house with the hatchery, you'll have easy access to particularly potent poisons, as well.

Damn, that thing's awesome. I might never fast-travel again. I just wish it'd stick around 30 seconds after you dismount, so you can hop off for something and not have to conjure up another one. Also, NPCs don't seem to react to you when you're riding one. Don't know if that's with horses in general or just the ethereal ones. I had to dismount to give a highwayman the opportunity to threaten to gut me so I could kill him lawfully. Then conjure up a different horse to continue with.
E.F. Benson

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2363 on: April 10, 2013, 01:00:51 PM »
Yeah, NPCs show shockingly little regard for astral horses and weapons. Then again, Skyrim is a land of magic, so maybe it's not a big deal. There's that dude who always wants you to conjure him up a warm bed, lol.

I don't like Hearthfire. You don't get enough control over how your house looks, imo.

Offline adameastment

« Reply #2364 on: April 10, 2013, 01:47:56 PM »
I really hate the fact you can't remodel houses. I built the extra bedroom for some kids and realised you get one as standard. Yes, the beds you get as standard make the kids look like they're in a hole but it's fine. Also getting the steward to buy decorations for your house is a pain too, especially since sometimes they don't turn up until you reload the game. Otherwise it's pretty cool, if you have the PC there is a Hearthfire type mod that you can get, whether it's still up or not who knows.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2365 on: April 10, 2013, 02:06:15 PM »
I'd just like to have one place where everything is consolidated. I currently have 3 homes, and have to hit them all up for various purposes. My armory is in Markarth. My family is in Solitude. The Lakeview house has all of my crafting stuff. Then I occasionally have to hit up the hatchery for poison fishes. Just a little bit of customization would allow me to rectify that, but unfortunately it's not yet possible.
E.F. Benson

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2366 on: April 10, 2013, 02:09:09 PM »
The steward is damn slow. By the time he finally got done furnishing my house, I'd already said "screw it", saved and bought the Windhelm house with all its additions and furnishings.

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2367 on: April 10, 2013, 04:34:15 PM »
IMO, too much makeup for the gritty world that is Tamriel.  That's just me, though.
Scarily, that's just what you can do with the vanilla make up! It suits her background though, you have to keep up appearances when ripping through the Forsworn :P

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #2368 on: April 10, 2013, 11:26:12 PM »
Fair enough. :lol

I'll have to edit this post with a screencap of my character - also got a really funny screencap of Shadowmere and another random horse giving me WTF looks at the same time. :lol

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2369 on: April 11, 2013, 05:31:32 PM »
Daww, those derpy horses!

I'm looking for an article about Skyrim. This guy went mad on the Steam workshop and installed everything, and wrote a series of articles about his adventures. Any idea where I can find it? I can't remember the author or anything.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2370 on: April 12, 2013, 11:04:31 PM »

I'm looking for an article about Skyrim. This guy went mad on the Steam workshop and installed everything, and wrote a series of articles about his adventures. Any idea where I can find it? I can't remember the author or anything.
https://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/10/skyrim-week-of-madness-day-1-the-world-according-to-sheogorath/
Listen! Do you smell something?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2371 on: April 13, 2013, 04:56:06 AM »
 :rollin That was epic.

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2372 on: April 13, 2013, 05:15:33 AM »

https://www.pcgamer.com/2012/09/10/skyrim-week-of-madness-day-1-the-world-according-to-sheogorath/

Thank you!

180 hours in and I'm still finding tonnes of unique quests. Holy shit.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2374 on: April 16, 2013, 12:35:08 PM »
Quote from: Bethesda
For those asking, yes, today's thanks/farewell Skyrim post does mean there is no more DLC coming.
:'(

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2375 on: April 16, 2013, 01:08:28 PM »
It's Ok, I have mods to keep me going.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #2376 on: April 16, 2013, 02:07:04 PM »
Quote from: Bethesda
For those asking, yes, today's thanks/farewell Skyrim post does mean there is no more DLC coming.
:'(

:( :'(

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2377 on: April 27, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
Got royally fucked over by a Skyrim glitch today. On a mission where 2 Deathlords each have half a dragon claw. One of the DeathLords I killed ended up disappearing under the floor. I can detect him with detect dead, but can't loot him or reanimate him. And of course until I finally figured out WTF happened I had saved enough times that I don't have an old enough save point. FML.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2378 on: April 27, 2013, 02:08:37 PM »
Yea i hate glitches like that! Is it the Amethyst Claws?

If it is, try these command lines:

Right Claw:
player.additem xx01CAC1 1

Left Claw:
player.additem xx01CAC0 1

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2379 on: April 27, 2013, 02:22:30 PM »
Yea i hate glitches like that! Is it the Amethyst Claws?

If it is, try these command lines:

Right Claw:
player.additem xx01CAC1 1

Left Claw:
player.additem xx01CAC0 1

Yes it is, and I'm on PS3.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1