Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267523 times)

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #2135 on: February 08, 2013, 03:48:18 PM »
Made me chuckle.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #2136 on: February 09, 2013, 06:16:21 AM »
Not only the mead and ale, but the skooma will probably help a lot too  :lol

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2137 on: February 09, 2013, 06:41:21 AM »
Weird things happen in Solstheim! The first thing i did when i arrived was to take 7 hour nap at a inn but when i woke up i was suddenly at a green pillar half across the island hammering at a stone thing! ....the hell?  ???
I'm super intrigued by the story so far, I've only entered one dungeon so far and I was assaulted by tentacles...

...If you know what I mean.

I <3 tentacle po...oh wait

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2138 on: February 09, 2013, 09:59:20 AM »
Imagine a TES game taking place in the whole Tamriel continent! Daggerfall still holds the record for the biggest gaming map ever and it's only taking place in High Rock and Hammerfell buuuuut yea it's size and content is not rational to the other games because it's apparently twice the size of Great Britain!  :lol I wonder though if we'll ever see a game taking place in the whole continent of Tamriel, i mean it's probably possible in a few years but the big question: Will it be too big and overwhelming? The size of Skyrim is pretty perfect to me but i can't help fantasize being able to travel outside of Skyrim if i wanted to, that would be pretty awesome!

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2139 on: February 09, 2013, 10:07:25 AM »
You can probably level up 20 times on your way from Black Marsh to High Rock.

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #2140 on: February 09, 2013, 11:44:31 AM »
Made me chuckle.

So what would that make the drunk characters? Super drunk?
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2141 on: February 09, 2013, 12:34:31 PM »
Imagine a TES game taking place in the whole Tamriel continent! Daggerfall still holds the record for the biggest gaming map ever and it's only taking place in High Rock and Hammerfell buuuuut yea it's size and content is not rational to the other games because it's apparently twice the size of Great Britain!  :lol I wonder though if we'll ever see a game taking place in the whole continent of Tamriel, i mean it's probably possible in a few years but the big question: Will it be too big and overwhelming? The size of Skyrim is pretty perfect to me but i can't help fantasize being able to travel outside of Skyrim if i wanted to, that would be pretty awesome!

Bethesda is pretty set on each game having it's own province. They don't want to short change other provinces by saying "well, fuck Black Marsh! Let's just do THE ELDER SCROLLS: TAMRIEL"

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2142 on: February 09, 2013, 01:07:20 PM »
Well what i meant was IF they would ever do a TES: Tamriel in the future every province would be equally important of course and with out a doubt a BIG-ASS game!  :lol It's highly unlikely it would ever happen of course but it's a tempting thought. So my question was even if the size would be possible, would player's want that size or would it be to overwhelming? I mean when i started Skyrim i felt pretty overwhelmed by all the locations, areas and quests you could to the point that i almost didn't know where to begin so i could only imagine a map size like Tamriel would be a bit to much but still i can't help wondering.....

For Bethesda i think the format they're doing now is perfect because now as you say they can focus on every province and make it as detailed as they want but still in reach with today's hardware. There's a reason they have gazillion load points in Skyrim, if they didn't the game would not be possible to make with today's hardware. I have no problem with that though as long as the game is fun and immersive it's enough for me.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2143 on: February 09, 2013, 04:13:38 PM »
I thought TES Online was going to cover the whole of Tamriel?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2144 on: February 09, 2013, 05:41:54 PM »
That is true, i had no idea but that's awesome!  :metal

Although i don't think TES: Online will be as detailed as Skyrim and will not have all the caves and stuff. It sounds awesome though!

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2145 on: February 09, 2013, 05:56:49 PM »
It's being made by Zenimax.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2146 on: February 11, 2013, 02:41:23 PM »
I must admit this MMO has made me quite excited. I just watched this video were someone explains a little more indepth about why we all should be excited for TES: Online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8luBc0X3vIg

Offline ironhead

« Reply #2147 on: February 12, 2013, 08:50:34 AM »

The Elder Scrolls Online does indeed contain the whole of Tamriel.  Also, the team of modders at Dark Creations (Beyond Skyrim) are creating all of Tamriel.  Looks good so far

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2148 on: February 12, 2013, 09:19:08 AM »
Look up Skywind.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2149 on: February 12, 2013, 10:26:21 AM »
Shit I can't wait to play skywind.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #2150 on: February 12, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
I must admit this MMO has made me quite excited. I just watched this video were someone explains a little more indepth about why we all should be excited for TES: Online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8luBc0X3vIg
This sounds beyond awesome.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2151 on: February 12, 2013, 11:12:39 AM »
Ok it's the 12th, where's our DLC?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2152 on: February 12, 2013, 11:18:12 AM »
You have to wait until the PSN Store is updated, so it will be up at night since Sony takes 500 years to update the store.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2153 on: February 12, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2154 on: February 13, 2013, 08:30:43 AM »
So I rushed and downloaded and installed Dragonborn before installing the latest patch, so the game doesn't make it past the main screen before freezing? Any tips?

EDIT: Nevermind, the update finally popped up.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:43:09 AM by Zook »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2155 on: February 20, 2013, 11:13:01 AM »
So i've been playing Hearthfire the last couple of days and have buildt myself a nice looking house at Falkreath Hold. It's all jolly good except for one thing:

This fucker got slayed outside my house (he was intruding my building plans so i had to take legal actions...OK!!!!) and now he's there, blocking my beautiful front view all the fukin time!!!  :|

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2156 on: February 20, 2013, 11:21:22 AM »
:lol :lol

That shit happened to me too!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2157 on: February 20, 2013, 11:24:50 AM »
That's actually a good lawn ornament for telling others not to fuck with you (if only).

Can't you just shout the skeleton out of the way?

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2158 on: February 20, 2013, 11:52:08 AM »
Hit it with a firebolt spell. It will go flying.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2159 on: February 20, 2013, 12:05:38 PM »
Oooh i will try that!  :tup

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2160 on: February 20, 2013, 12:07:41 PM »
That's actually a good lawn ornament for telling others not to fuck with you (if only).
Yea it felt like instant karma!  :lol

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #2161 on: February 20, 2013, 12:09:46 PM »
he was intruding my building plans so i had to take legal actions...OK!!!!

I don't have the Hearthfire DLC so this may be a stupid question but... how do you take legal action against a dragon?! :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2162 on: February 20, 2013, 12:16:12 PM »
he was intruding my building plans so i had to take legal actions...OK!!!!

I don't have the Hearthfire DLC so this may be a stupid question but... how do you take legal action against a dragon?! :lol
I kind of missed the important "into my own hands" part!  :lol and btw that fucker should know better than to mess with someone's property, no matter what earthform you have!  :millahhhh

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #2163 on: February 20, 2013, 12:17:35 PM »
Ah, that would explain it. :lol :tup

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2164 on: February 20, 2013, 12:32:12 PM »
Just started playing this thing last night, with no experience whatsoever with any of the ES games. As a person who likes to be good at everything, I'm not liking the need to be so specialized in this. Seems like if you wanted to focus on both combat and magic, you'd wind up being merely half-assed at both. That about the gist of it, or is it possible to be particularly well rounded?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2165 on: February 20, 2013, 12:35:19 PM »
My character is ridiculously good with Archery, Single Handed, Blocking, Stealth, and way to many other things, if you want to be godly, just keep leveling everything up. It's something I honestly don't like that much, it eliminates any need for me to make separate characters since one can be a god pretty much.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2166 on: February 20, 2013, 12:59:08 PM »
Just started playing this thing last night, with no experience whatsoever with any of the ES games. As a person who likes to be good at everything, I'm not liking the need to be so specialized in this. Seems like if you wanted to focus on both combat and magic, you'd wind up being merely half-assed at both. That about the gist of it, or is it possible to be particularly well rounded?

I focused all my efforts into archery and run shit.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #2167 on: February 20, 2013, 01:30:32 PM »
My character is ridiculously good with Archery, Single Handed, Blocking, Stealth, and way to many other things, if you want to be godly, just keep leveling everything up. It's something I honestly don't like that much, it eliminates any need for me to make separate characters since one can be a god pretty much.
can you make separate characters while continuing previous ones? i was under the impression if you started a new character it'd overwrite everything ???

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2168 on: February 20, 2013, 02:00:41 PM »
can you make separate characters while continuing previous ones? i was under the impression if you started a new character it'd overwrite everything ???
Yeah, just keep track of your saves  :tup

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2169 on: February 20, 2013, 02:05:42 PM »

It is possible, as your skill in each area increases the more you use it.  The effectiveness of a skill can be improved with skill points, which are limited and prevent you from gaining every skill.  If you're on PC, there are mods to remove that cap and become GOD.  But even if you don't spend a skill point, the effectiveness does increase slightly with each level.

The game encourages branching out, as this is the first in the series to allow you to equip to each hand separately, like a sword in one hand and a magic spell in the other.