Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267480 times)

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #2100 on: February 05, 2013, 07:02:50 AM »
4 HOURS :caffeine:

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #2101 on: February 05, 2013, 08:06:55 AM »
Touching the Sky was incredible, and I think I have a virtual girl crush on Serana.

Schools having a snow day, I thought 'Oh god couldn't be better timing, Dragonborn is released today'. I get home and check my pre order on Steam, and it says it's not being unlocked for another 9 hours or something :(

Snow day and Skyrim? Damn you are lucky even if you have to wait 9 hours.
Just press T, set it for 9 hours and it's a matter of seconds.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2102 on: February 05, 2013, 08:08:50 AM »
Touching the Sky was incredible, and I think I have a virtual girl crush on Serana.

Schools having a snow day, I thought 'Oh god couldn't be better timing, Dragonborn is released today'. I get home and check my pre order on Steam, and it says it's not being unlocked for another 9 hours or something :(

Snow day and Skyrim? Damn you are lucky even if you have to wait 9 hours.
Just press T, set it for 9 hours and it's a matter of seconds.

:rollin

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2103 on: February 05, 2013, 08:37:23 AM »
 :lol :lol
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2104 on: February 05, 2013, 10:30:23 AM »
---Possible Dawnguard spoiler---

I have a question: I did not ever choose to become a vampire but for some reason when i finished the game everybody treats me like a Vampire, when i walk walk outside it says that my blood boils from the sun and i have red eyes even though i never choose to become one, i even have the option from Serena to become a Vampire??? When i entered Soul Cairn i choose to trap my soul so i don't understand? Anyone?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2105 on: February 05, 2013, 10:37:53 AM »
---Possible Dawnguard spoiler---

I have a question: I did not ever choose to become a vampire but for some reason when i finished the game everybody treats me like a Vampire, when i walk walk outside it says that my blood boils from the sun and i have red eyes even though i never choose to become one, i even have the option from Serena to become a Vampire??? When i entered Soul Cairn i choose to trap my soul so i don't understand? Anyone?
Now, whenever you contract the disease (i forget what it's called, but you can even get it from random vampire enemies) you will start becoming a Vampire if you don't heal yourself with a potion or at a temple after a few days. In the original game this just made people dislike you, but now with Dawnguard it adds a bunch of additional problems too.

Once your vampirism reaches an advanced stage, like where your blood boils and you can transform, you'll need more than just a potion to heal yourself. There's a whole ritual that needs to be performed as part of a quest. You gotta talk to someone (a dark elf "mage" looking character) in Dawnstar, I think. 

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2106 on: February 05, 2013, 10:38:56 AM »
You may have contracted Sanguinare Vampiris while fighting vampires and it may have progressed to full vampirism.  Sanguinare Vampiris can be cured with a cure disease potion, but once you turn into a vampire, you have to go through a quest involving black soul gems to cure it.  The option to become a vampire from Harkon (and I assume Serena) is to become a Vampire Lord. 

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2107 on: February 05, 2013, 10:44:51 AM »
Oh i had no idea! Yes i remember i fought Sanguinare Vampiris and that something like "you have contracted Sanguinare Vampiris" turned up but i never cared to check out what that meant. Stupid me!  :lol

Anyway thanks!  :tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2108 on: February 05, 2013, 11:20:44 AM »
Yeah a long time ago I went in a cave full of Vampires and wasn't aware I contracted the disease, and then NPCs started telling me I looked sick, and the screen kept flashing when I went outside. I was like WTF is going on, and before I know it I'm being attacked by guards.

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #2109 on: February 05, 2013, 11:25:10 AM »

Nooooooo she's mine dammit! She even said "I don't wanna be in this cave, i'm glad i'm here with you"! So....take that!  :yarr

I've never felt more nerdy!  :blush

Yeah well she knows that I miss her, that cheeky minx!

Cram: I've spent the day going around, finding as many words of power as possible and going through the thieves guild questline!
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2110 on: February 05, 2013, 11:25:51 AM »
COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2111 on: February 05, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »
Yeah a long time ago I went in a cave full of Vampires and wasn't aware I contracted the disease, and then NPCs started telling me I looked sick, and the screen kept flashing when I went outside. I was like WTF is going on, and before I know it I'm being attacked by guards.
Yea that's exactly what has happend and apparently it's a bit harder than i thought to cure me because i'm in the later stage which means i have to feed on others to lessen the effect of the vampirism and when that's done i have to talk to an innkeeper which will send me to Morthal and talk to a man named Falion.

Man this game is awesome!!  :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2112 on: February 05, 2013, 12:05:25 PM »
Downloading.....

Apparently i was not but i am now.... ;D

« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:21:39 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2113 on: February 05, 2013, 01:28:29 PM »
Guys how on earth do I work Steam? I have no idea how I'm meant to download this :(

EDIT: It's k. Just had to reboot!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:34:29 PM by alirocker08 »
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2114 on: February 05, 2013, 01:41:09 PM »
I AM LITERALLY SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS DLC!

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2115 on: February 05, 2013, 02:01:21 PM »
I wont be able to get properly into it until tomorrow :(

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2116 on: February 05, 2013, 02:04:02 PM »
I've already played about a half hour. It's really good.

Offline Onno

« Reply #2117 on: February 05, 2013, 03:15:21 PM »
I wont be able to get properly into it until tomorrow :(
I'll probably get it tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2118 on: February 06, 2013, 05:42:40 AM »
Solstheim is really cool so far.  I haven't gotten too far outside Raven Rock but I can understand why people love Morrowind so much. 

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2119 on: February 06, 2013, 07:15:05 AM »
MQ done, all of the Raven Rock quests, done. Doing a bunch of other side quests.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2120 on: February 06, 2013, 07:39:54 AM »
I still can't get a house in Solsteim. Wondering if they fixed that issue yet...

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2121 on: February 06, 2013, 08:10:34 AM »
I still can't get a house in Solsteim. Wondering if they fixed that issue yet...
That's not an "issue", it's part of a series of quests...

Unless you mean you already did the quests and didn't get the house.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:16:21 AM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2122 on: February 06, 2013, 08:33:36 AM »

I know, but I think I've done all the necessary quest, and I haven't gotten any indication that I can buy a house...

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2123 on: February 06, 2013, 08:42:42 AM »
Haven't even figured out where I'm supposed to go for the MQ.  Been talking to people about the shrine they're building so I figure I'll just keep doing that until something happens.  Or I'll just go explore the island. 

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2124 on: February 06, 2013, 09:48:08 AM »

I know, but I think I've done all the necessary quest, and I haven't gotten any indication that I can buy a house...
Have you been asked to spy on some people suspected in a coup?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2125 on: February 06, 2013, 10:02:14 AM »
So I think I'm going to create a new character and jump back in on this in a few days, and download the expansions as they become available... can't wait!
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2126 on: February 06, 2013, 10:51:51 AM »

Have you been asked to spy on some people suspected in a coup?
Actually... no.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #2127 on: February 06, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »
That's the quest the house is the reward for, I think you get it after doing the Ash Spawn quest the captain gives you and the quest with the mine. You might need to use Bend Will on the stone outside of Raven Rock, too.

On the subject of Serana I was very disappointed that I couldn't marry her.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2128 on: February 06, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »
That's the quest the house is the reward for, I think you get it after doing the Ash Spawn quest the captain gives you and the quest with the mine. You might need to use Bend Will on the stone outside of Raven Rock, too.

Oh OK. I never did the mine. I thought I just needed the Ash Spawn question. Sucks. I kinda was hoping for the house to be a base to work out of while I did a bunch of sidequests, but it looks like I'm not gonna be getting the hose until I'm done with everything anyway :P

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2129 on: February 06, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »
You just need to finish the Raven Rock quests and you will be given the house. There still will be a lot of quests left around Solstheim.

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2130 on: February 06, 2013, 12:56:07 PM »

Agreed, same with Brynjolf. I have a thing for beards and accents... There will probably be a marry Serana mod out there.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2131 on: February 06, 2013, 04:08:39 PM »
Weird things happen in Solstheim! The first thing i did when i arrived was to take a 7 hour nap at a inn but when i woke up i was suddenly at a green pillar half across the island hammering at a stone thing! ....the hell?  ???
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:19:41 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline Onno

« Reply #2132 on: February 06, 2013, 04:15:16 PM »
Though I did buy Dragonborn this morning, I haven't begun on the quests yet. I'm always playing on Master difficulty, and I just feel that my lvl 20 battlemage will have a hard time killing all those enemies (cave bears only need about 3 hits to kill me :lol). I'll try to hit about 90 or so on conjuration and one-handed before I'll do that questline.

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2133 on: February 06, 2013, 04:19:15 PM »
Weird things happen in Solstheim! The first thing i did when i arrived was to take 7 hour nap at a inn but when i woke up i was suddenly at a green pillar half across the island hammering at a stone thing! ....the hell?  ???
I'm super intrigued by the story so far, I've only entered one dungeon so far and I was assaulted by tentacles...

...If you know what I mean.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2134 on: February 06, 2013, 04:21:21 PM »
No but i probably will soon!  :lol