Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267383 times)

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #2065 on: February 01, 2013, 06:57:11 AM »
Considering I'm new to anything Elder Scrolls ever, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Flyyyyyying, flying in the skyyyyyyy, cliff racer fliiiiiiiiies, so hiiiiiiiiigh, flyyyyyying!

Boom Shackalack: The only reason I'm buying more than one house in Skyrim is to get as many bookshelves as humanly possible. So no, you're not the only one!

Chino: Elder Scrolls wiki or UESP have them all on :)
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2066 on: February 01, 2013, 07:05:05 AM »
I just started playing after being absence for almost half a year and it just struck me that i'm two DLCs behind. Both Dawnguard and Heathfire and i haven't even finished Skyrim....damn i better start working!!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ehra

« Reply #2067 on: February 01, 2013, 08:49:26 AM »
I've never been interested enough to look, but my friend claims there is a website with all of the books on it.

https://www.imperial-library.info/

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2068 on: February 01, 2013, 10:01:08 AM »
So PS3 Skyrim players, here's the DLC release dates: https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/statuses/297361606151634944

Dragonborn and Dawnguard $20, Hearthfire $5, all will be 50% off in their first week.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2069 on: February 01, 2013, 10:09:15 AM »
can't wait for Dragonborn on Tues!

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2070 on: February 01, 2013, 10:21:25 AM »
Same. It really can't come fast enough.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #2071 on: February 01, 2013, 02:12:09 PM »
So PS3 Skyrim players, here's the DLC release dates: https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/statuses/297361606151634944

Dragonborn and Dawnguard $20, Hearthfire $5, all will be 50% off in their first week.

Cool, even though I'm more apt to add them through Steam on my PC version of Skyrim.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2072 on: February 01, 2013, 05:17:44 PM »
Dragonborn and Dawnguard together for $20 or $20 each?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2073 on: February 01, 2013, 05:55:14 PM »
I just slayed Alduin's ass so hard and daymn do i feel proud but.....nobody gives a shit apparently! As i walk around nobody seems to acknowledge that i just saved all their sorry asses in Skyrim from that douche. *Sigh...people these days!  >:(
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2074 on: February 01, 2013, 06:01:29 PM »
I just slayed Alduin's ass so hard and daymn do i feel proud but.....nobody gives a shit apparently! As i walk around nobody seems to acknowledge that i just saved all their sorry asses in Skyrim from that douche. *Sigh...people these days!  >:(
People don't care if you joined the Empire of the Stormcloaks either.

That's one thing I didn't like about Skyrim, there's no real impact to what I do!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2075 on: February 01, 2013, 06:27:47 PM »

That's one thing I didn't like about Skyrim, there's no real impact to what I do!
Naw it's no biggie for me, it's funny though!  :lol

Offline SomeoneLikeHim

• The flame is gone
  • The fire remains
« Reply #2076 on: February 02, 2013, 01:31:30 AM »

Naw it's no biggie for me, it's funny though!  :lol
Try playing Oblivion. You can't walk outside the house without hearing some guard say "All hail the champion of Cyrodiil!" or something like that :lol
"We can walk our road together, if our goals are all the same
We can run alone and free, if we pursue a different aim"

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #2077 on: February 02, 2013, 01:41:51 AM »

The city guards acknowledge it sometimes, but yeah - after how hard it is to kill Alduin in the first place...

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2078 on: February 02, 2013, 04:27:04 AM »

The city guards acknowledge it sometimes, but yeah - after how hard it is to kill Alduin in the first place...
Yea that's true i noticed some guards do acknowledge it, so that's cool. Anyway i'm about to start the Dawnguard DLC soon!   :)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2079 on: February 02, 2013, 07:26:34 AM »
What's this now? Do I actually have to break Skyrim back out... sweet.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2080 on: February 02, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
Just preordered Dragonborn!!!

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2081 on: February 03, 2013, 12:47:08 PM »

They keep on calling me crazy for letting Odahviing go, failing to acknowledge that I killed Alduin twice and have a pet dragon at my beck and call (well, two pet dragons technically)
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2082 on: February 03, 2013, 01:38:57 PM »
for letting Odahviing go
Ohh i did that too but i'm offended by the lack of reactions, being nice and all and yet nothing not even a *Sigh.  :| I also spared Paarthurnax life! I felt sorry for the dude, can't be easy being a big giant lizard with wings.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #2083 on: February 03, 2013, 03:58:18 PM »
Parrthurnax is COOL - there was no way in hell that I even thought about killing him.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2084 on: February 03, 2013, 04:00:15 PM »
Parrthurnax is COOL - there was no way in hell that I even thought about killing him.

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2085 on: February 03, 2013, 04:36:15 PM »
That was just a dick move on the Blades part!

'We're sworn to protect the Dragonborn!'

and then...

'Lol you're not being our errand boy/girl/thing we're not going to help you any more.'

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2086 on: February 03, 2013, 04:41:23 PM »
Yea that's what i thought to, i do not kill nice peoples.......maybe.

--WARNING SPOILER--
Anyway i just found a funny but annoying glitch in the Dawnguard DLC: I was rescuing the moth priest with Serena and something happend because he started attacking us after we rescued him and he kept on doing that even in Dawnguard when we met up with Isran he started attacking him. So you had to fight with him until he gave up but that led to you not able to complete the quest because he would not read the freakin Scroll bow downed.  >:(

So i found a solution:
https://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Prophet_(Hunter)

and i had no other choice then to use the console command to finish the quest.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:49:04 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2087 on: February 03, 2013, 09:35:32 PM »

and then...

'Lol you're not being our errand boy/girl/thing we're not going to help you any more.'

There is a pc mod that allows you to finish the quest without having to pick sidesz

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2088 on: February 04, 2013, 10:01:16 AM »

and then...

There is a pc mod that allows you to finish the quest without having to pick sidesz
I saw, it fixes what is essentially a pretty nonsensical part of the game, there is very little logic to it, I think it was meant to force people to make a difficult decision but...Yeah, not that difficult.

Ploughing through all of my school work to make sure I have plenty of time for Dragonborn!

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2089 on: February 04, 2013, 10:06:35 AM »
It wasn't that difficult. My character is all over the road as far as decision making goes, so I just killed him. Fuck dem dragons!

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #2090 on: February 04, 2013, 11:41:31 AM »
First time I played Skyrim I went 1-hand, shield, heavy armor as my main combat. 

I restarted a few months ago using archery and destruction as main combat and, my lord, the game is SO MUCH more fun.  Melee combat feels so heavy and cumbersome but ranged, especially archery, is so smooth.  I have the +bow damage on all my gear and I one shot almost everything (with enchanting and smithing upgrades)  I love when i am getting swarmed then I switch the destro and burn/electrocute like a mad man.

This game is freaken endless.  Already two xpacs are here and I haven't finished the original content yet.  Luckily the game is designed so new content can be added without messing with old content.  I am doing all the old quests with that vampire chick as my companion.

Definitely one of the best games I ever played.  If only I could get the graphic add-ons to work properly.  I have a powerful computer but the vid card driver doesn't seem to sit well with the graphical addons.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2091 on: February 04, 2013, 12:27:31 PM »
I restarted a few months ago using archery and destruction as main combat and, my lord, the game is SO MUCH more fun.  Melee combat feels so heavy and cumbersome but ranged, especially archery, is so smooth.  I have the +bow damage on all my gear and I one shot almost everything (with enchanting and smithing upgrades)  I love when i am getting swarmed then I switch the destro and burn/electrocute like a mad man.

Agreed. Bows are really fun in Skyrim. Melee combat isn't that great. Plus, brute characters are still just as prone to being slain by random lightning bolts and anyone else, which kinda always leaves you vulnerable. I play as what's probably considered a battlemage: I wear heavy, enchanted armor, but usually conjure beings and weapons for fighting, as well as using destruction spells.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2092 on: February 04, 2013, 12:34:32 PM »
I didn't really like bows in Skyrim because I played it on a console, and I think it doesn't work nearly as well. I'm playing Oblivion at the moment on PC and absolutely loving being a marksman, and I agree it's much more fun than melee combat.

I'm thinking of getting Skyrim on PC in the next Steam sale, think I'll enjoy it more.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2093 on: February 04, 2013, 12:50:14 PM »
I didn't really like bows in Skyrim because I played it on a console, and I think it doesn't work nearly as well. I'm playing Oblivion at the moment on PC and absolutely loving being a marksman, and I agree it's much more fun than melee combat.

I'm thinking of getting Skyrim on PC in the next Steam sale, think I'll enjoy it more.

its very smooth and rewarding on PC

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2094 on: February 04, 2013, 12:58:15 PM »
This game is freaken endless.  Already two xpacs are here and I haven't finished the original content yet.  Luckily the game is designed so new content can be added without messing with old content.  I am doing all the old quests with that vampire chick as my companion.

Definitely one of the best games I ever played.  If only I could get the graphic add-ons to work properly.  I have a powerful computer but the vid card driver doesn't seem to sit well with the graphical addons.
There is really no end to all the side missions in Skyrim, i panic sometimes when realizing all the side quests i haven't done yet and i'm also the type of player that have to check every freakin treasure chest and passageway not to miss some hidden areas. So it's pretty time consuming to say the least.  :lol

Btw I just finished Touching The Sky and that is one long and epic quest!

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #2095 on: February 04, 2013, 04:40:48 PM »

There is really no end to all the side missions in Skyrim, i panic sometimes when realizing all the side quests i haven't done yet and i'm also the type of player that have to check every freakin treasure chest and passageway not to miss some hidden areas. So it's pretty time consuming to say the least.  :lol

Btw I just finished Touching The Sky and that is one long and epic quest!

It's really time consuming. I've started on my, what, 5th character? yesterday. I'm also really trying to get all the achievements, but lvl 75 to encounter a legendary dragon, that's a long way...

And yes, Touching The Sky is an epic quest.

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2096 on: February 05, 2013, 02:54:34 AM »
Touching the Sky was incredible, and I think I have a virtual girl crush on Serana.

Schools having a snow day, I thought 'Oh god couldn't be better timing, Dragonborn is released today'. I get home and check my pre order on Steam, and it says it's not being unlocked for another 9 hours or something :(

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2097 on: February 05, 2013, 04:58:08 AM »
Touching the Sky was incredible, and I think I have a virtual girl crush on Serana.

Schools having a snow day, I thought 'Oh god couldn't be better timing, Dragonborn is released today'. I get home and check my pre order on Steam, and it says it's not being unlocked for another 9 hours or something :(
Nooooooo she's mine dammit! She even said "I don't wanna be in this cave, i'm glad i'm here with you"! So....take that!  :yarr

I've never felt more nerdy!  :blush

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2098 on: February 05, 2013, 06:28:33 AM »
I think dragonborn unlocks at 1300 EST which is when steam usually updates their store.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2099 on: February 05, 2013, 06:44:51 AM »

Snow day and Skyrim? Damn you are lucky even if you have to wait 9 hours.