Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267353 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #1995 on: November 27, 2012, 03:56:22 PM »
I play on PC and I don't even care about mods.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1996 on: November 27, 2012, 04:12:41 PM »
I don't plan to go mod crazy. The only one I have is the "Unofficial Skyrim Patch" that fixes a ton of bugs the devs missed.

However, if there's a mod to quick switch between an axe and a bow, I might look into that.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1997 on: November 27, 2012, 04:14:18 PM »

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #1998 on: November 27, 2012, 04:29:29 PM »
I don't plan to go mod crazy. The only one I have is the "Unofficial Skyrim Patch" that fixes a ton of bugs the devs missed.

However, if there's a mod to quick switch between an axe and a bow, I might look into that.

What do you mean by quick switch?  You can assign a hotkey to your axe and your bow and it switches between them instantly.

edit: Oh, I read up further and you said you just got the game.  Since you probably don't know, you can go to your inventory, hover over any item that you want to hotkey, and press F, which puts that item in your favorites.  Exit the inventory and press Q, which brings up your favorites menu, then hover over the item you want to hotkey and press any key 1 - 0 that you want the item to be bound to.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1999 on: November 27, 2012, 04:33:29 PM »
My PS3 comes with a nice comfy bed and 42" TV so I don't need no stinkin' hotkeys.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #2000 on: November 27, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »
My PS3 comes with a nice comfy bed and 42" TV so I don't need no stinkin' hotkeys.

Well, I can hook my PC up to my HDTV and use a Xbox 360 controller to play on the couch, so yeah!  If I didn't suck so much with gamepads (because the last console I played was PS2 back in 2005) I probably would do that regularly. 

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2001 on: November 27, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »
OH YEAH WELL

I finally got bored of Skyrim and haven't been playing any games besides Solitaire on my phone...

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2002 on: November 27, 2012, 04:55:11 PM »
Family just got a new computer with a GTX 660M. Can't wait to run this game on some high settings!
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2003 on: November 27, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »

What do you mean by quick switch?  You can assign a hotkey to your axe and your bow and it switches between them instantly.

edit: Oh, I read up further and you said you just got the game.  Since you probably don't know, you can go to your inventory, hover over any item that you want to hotkey, and press F, which puts that item in your favorites.  Exit the inventory and press Q, which brings up your favorites menu, then hover over the item you want to hotkey and press any key 1 - 0 that you want the item to be bound to.
Holy shit. Thank you so much for this.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2004 on: November 28, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »
Started a glorious Argonian character. I have an auto-perk mod. I hate the fact that I can't get all perks. In Oblivion/Morrowind, you could still max everything. Albeit, it was a tad tedious. But still, whatever, I do what I want. The auto perks just add perks when you get the appropriate level.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2005 on: November 28, 2012, 09:26:13 AM »
I thought that was a brilliant way to make people want to play different builds because they couldn't max everything out on one character.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2006 on: November 28, 2012, 09:36:05 AM »
I thought that was a brilliant way to make people want to play different builds because they couldn't max everything out on one character.

Oh, that part is fine. I should have said that I plan to just get all the acheievments on one character. The only time it bothers me is when I WANT to have a uber-zomg character (which could be done in Oblivion/Morrowind) or smithing/enchanting. I hate that they take precious perk points.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #2007 on: November 28, 2012, 12:39:38 PM »
Started a glorious Argonian character. I have an auto-perk mod. I hate the fact that I can't get all perks. In Oblivion/Morrowind, you could still max everything. Albeit, it was a tad tedious. But still, whatever, I do what I want. The auto perks just add perks when you get the appropriate level.

Skyrim -Community- Uncapper

There's also this that allows for a balanced way to get more perks: Spend Dragon Souls For Perks

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2008 on: November 28, 2012, 12:41:50 PM »
Meh, the one I have is easier.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2009 on: November 28, 2012, 04:12:41 PM »
The fact that argonians and a couple other races just kinda pose no solid advantages is one of my least favorite design choices about Skyrim. I've played Skyrim for hundreds of hours, and I have never once gotten to a section where waterbreathing would have helped me in a significant way. I sell most of my waterbreathing potions because they're basically useless, too.

My favorite race is the Breton, because of the Magic Resistance. Aside from maybe one of the Elves, Breton is the only race where you can play without worrying about a lightening bolt or ice spike wielding mage enemy suddenly killing you, no matter how weak other physical attack enemies in the area may be. I was always so annoyed when I'd deck my Nord out with Daedric only to have him waylaid by a well-placed sparks spell.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2010 on: November 28, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »

I get this, but I think while that worked in New Vegas, it failed in Skyrim. This is why:

With New Vegas, you CAN'T do everything with one character. Different builds play the game different ways, and your factional alliances are different each time, too. The game is set up so you play it for 20-30 hours each with 3-4 different characters (some of which probably won't even reach level cap) before you can say you've completed most of it.

Skryim is not the same way. Skyrim is designed so that you can do everything with one character. Different builds are fun, but ultimately, most people are going to just do all the guilds and quests with 1 or 2 characters. Plus, the fact that loot and monsters level based on the player's level means that by roleplaying like you'd do in NV, you'd be missing out on lots of late-game content.

Whereas in NV, you can access all of the games content by playing several builds for 20-30 hours, Skyrim locks you out of lots of content until you've played like 60 hours with one of your characters.

Sorry if this is convoluted and unclear but I'm sure there are people in this thread who will get what I mean.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2011 on: November 28, 2012, 04:51:58 PM »
I got you. That's one of the things I like about Skyrim, why it's so awesome. If I don't want to play a different character to do different stuff, I don't have to!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2012 on: November 28, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »
My character is an argonian but my choice was made cause I wanted to be a reptile.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2013 on: December 04, 2012, 06:41:51 AM »
Sup

Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2014 on: December 04, 2012, 07:01:37 AM »
Howwwwwww, all I can do is watch the trailer  :sadpanda:
At least I have Aftermath on BF3 to tide me over.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2015 on: December 04, 2012, 07:15:52 AM »
Howwwwwww, all I can do is watch the trailer  :sadpanda:
Sign in on xbox.com, search for it, buy it, and then go to Active Downloads on your 360. Your welcome.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2016 on: December 04, 2012, 11:31:46 AM »
...how is it? Dimi, send me spoilers in PM plz

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2017 on: December 04, 2012, 02:09:30 PM »
...how is it? Dimi, send me spoilers in PM plz
Who needs it when you can just play WARZONES1!!!11

lol, jk, luv u snapple

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2018 on: December 04, 2012, 05:10:35 PM »
Downloading Dragonborn now.

Offline SupermanJLU

« Reply #2019 on: December 04, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »
I already downloaded it earlier today and got a few minutes to start the quest and got to Solstheim but that is about it. Can't wait to play I might be able to get some time tomorrow hopefully. Enjoy all who got to play today!!!!!

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2020 on: December 04, 2012, 07:19:11 PM »
Ugh. My internet is soooo slow. I probably won't get any playtime in tonight... guess it'll have to wait until tomorrow after work  :(

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2021 on: December 05, 2012, 07:58:52 PM »
Hopefully I will get it jan 4 when it comes out on PC.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #2022 on: December 05, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »
Finally got my computer working again properly and started playing this again, with mods. Grabbed all the 'must have' mods on here: https://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2012/05/24/the-perfect-skyrim/1 along with a some others in the later pages.

The two real game-changers though have been Frostfall and Skyrim Redone, which are both goddamned brilliant. Frostfall adds an exposure element, so in the colder regions you actually have to worry about staying warm and such - it allows you to craft tents and build fires to help with that. It really makes the environment an enemy in the harsher regions- I actually almost froze to death trekking up to High Hrothgar, which was fantastic.

Skyrim Redone completely reworks the skill trees, perks, racial bonuses, and more, and it's all excellent. It's modular, so you can pick and choose which changes you want as well.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #2023 on: December 05, 2012, 09:51:34 PM »
Hopefully I will get it jan 4 when it comes out on PC.

And just as hopefully Dawnguard will be price reduced in the Steam holiday/end of year sale.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2024 on: December 06, 2012, 10:30:02 AM »

The Hanar have invaded Solstheim!

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #2025 on: December 06, 2012, 12:00:54 PM »
I thought they were AT-ATs at first. :jets:

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #2026 on: December 06, 2012, 12:38:37 PM »
Netches y'all.  Netches.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2027 on: December 07, 2012, 12:08:28 AM »
I just came across the headless horseman.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #2028 on: December 07, 2012, 12:32:06 AM »
Oh man, maybe Cliff Racers will be back too! :neverusethis:

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2029 on: December 07, 2012, 04:57:42 AM »
Considering I'm new to anything Elder Scrolls ever, I have no idea what you're talking about.