Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267502 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #1890 on: November 05, 2012, 09:59:58 AM »
I should probably get Dawnguard at some point...

fixt for me

Offline ehra

« Reply #1891 on: November 05, 2012, 10:03:47 AM »
In after pretentious, condescending forum poster and his stupid comment.

That might make sense if I was being pretentious and/or condescending.

Ignoring the obvious backtracking, at least you didn't deny that you were being stupid.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1892 on: November 05, 2012, 10:04:53 AM »
OH SNAP!!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1893 on: November 05, 2012, 10:13:33 AM »
I really though Dawnguard was a great add-on. Considering it was $20, I would have wished it was a little bit longer, but still, it was like adding another big questline into the game (in additional to the four guilds, the dragonborn, and the Civil War). And  I think, story-wise, it was easily the best out of those.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1894 on: November 05, 2012, 10:17:10 AM »

Ignoring the obvious backtracking, at least you didn't deny that you were being stupid.

What backtracking? You're just mad that I acknowledged the idiocy of mocking console users before you got a chance to do so.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1895 on: November 05, 2012, 10:18:19 AM »
Hey guys about that expansion.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1896 on: November 05, 2012, 10:21:07 AM »
It looks great, and it'll probably be fun riding dragons, but I'll never be able to play it cuz I gotz a lol PS3 nanny nanny boo boo PCs are better lulz.

Offline ehra

« Reply #1897 on: November 05, 2012, 10:34:32 AM »

What backtracking? You're just mad that I acknowledged the idiocy of mocking console users before you got a chance to do so.

The backtracking where you act like you aren't being pretentious or condescending. And feel free to point out where I've ever mocked console users, because right now it just seems like you have too much invested in how other people view your preferred way to play video games if you need to pre-defend yourself from nobody in particular.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1898 on: November 05, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »
It looks great, and it'll probably be fun riding dragons, but I'll never be able to play it cuz I gotz a lol PS3 nanny nanny boo boo PCs are better lulz.
In this case a "360 is better" also applies.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1899 on: November 05, 2012, 10:45:21 AM »
I feel like the 360 is a pretty good way to enjoy Skyrim. PC was obviously better for Oblivion, but that's because Oblivion's official release was a broken, unfinished mess with tons of awkward problems even when the game was working exactly the way it was supposed too

Skryim has its bugs, but ultimately it's a much more complete package than Oblivion. Vanilla Skyrim is a good, playable game that leaves little to be desired. And the 360 has done a pretty great job of getting some of those must-have mods (arrow-crafting, mounted combat) to the XBOX users.

And, to be completely honest, when Skryim already offers me hundreds of hours of gameplay as is,  I'll take the comfort of my living room console over the freedom the PC gives me to install all sorts of other unnecessary mods. 

But yeah, PS3 Skyrim is just an unfortunate, disappointing mess. Actually, almost everything about the PS3 is. And I was a Sony fanboy up until the current generation.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1900 on: November 05, 2012, 10:46:35 AM »
>he doesn't understand that the mods fix all of the bugs and they make the game better

laughinggirlseatingsalad.mkv

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1901 on: November 05, 2012, 10:49:51 AM »
>PC users don't understand that not everyone has a super gaming computer

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1902 on: November 05, 2012, 10:51:52 AM »
>PC users don't understand that not everyone has a super gaming computer

it's not like you can't get a decent gaming computer for about ~500. And don't tell me "well if that's just for gaming its going to be bla blah blah more than blah". You will use the PC for more than gaming and you can always upgrade the parts.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1903 on: November 05, 2012, 10:55:16 AM »
>he doesn't understand that the mods fix all of the bugs and they make the game better

laughinggirlseatingsalad.mkv

So do official patches, which are often done randomly and silently or else released with DLC. Which consoles get too, sometimes even faster than PC users, who have to fix things on their own.

So what are you getting at?

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1904 on: November 05, 2012, 10:55:53 AM »
I encourage you to look up some mods.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1905 on: November 05, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
I bought Skyrim on PC the day it came out, and then I received it as a Christmas gift on XBOX like less than a month later. While I liked the idea of mods, I just didn't go there often, and honestly I've probably played Skyrim more on 360. I'd rather sit on a sofa with a controller in my hand than sit at a desk in front of a computer, which is where I'm always at anyway.

Honestly, there are very few mods I've played with Skyrim that actually make the game better AND haven't been incorporated in the 360 release. In Oblivion or Morrowind's case? No. But, thankfully, Bethesda have gotten better about this.

Offline ehra

« Reply #1906 on: November 05, 2012, 11:05:41 AM »
goddammit snapple

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1907 on: November 05, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
I bought Skyrim on PC the day it came out, and then I received it as a Christmas gift on XBOX like less than a month later. While I liked the idea of mods, I just didn't go there often, and honestly I've probably played Skyrim more on 360. I'd rather sit on a sofa with a controller in my hand than sit at a desk in front of a computer, which is where I'm always at anyway.

Honestly, there are very few mods I've played with Skyrim that actually make the game better AND haven't been incorporated in the 360 release. In Oblivion or Morrowind's case? No. But, thankfully, Bethesda have gotten better about this.

There are literally THOUSANDS of mods that enhance gameplay. WARZONES is a great mod. New weapons, new armors (balanced or unbalanced, YOUR pick), player homes that don't suck, new spells, arrow flight speed/trajectory, new enemies. The list is HUGE.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1908 on: November 05, 2012, 11:11:22 AM »
Do I have to reiterate, for the third or fourth time, that I've played Skyrim with mods?

Yeah, PC mods on Skyrim allow you to do a lot of cool stuff. But, guess what? Not everyone's into modding their games. And, since Skyrim is so complete of a game already and it's console counterpart actually incorporates many of its better mods, there's really no reason why people playing the 360 version should feel slighted in any way. Unless you just love modding (which I don't really, btw), there's no reason why you should feel obliged to play Skyrim on PC. It's already a really great complete game as is.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1909 on: November 05, 2012, 11:13:05 AM »
Yeah, PC mods on Skyrim allow you to do a lot of cool stuff. But, guess what? Not everyone's into modding their games. And, since Skyrim is so complete of a game already and it's console counterpart actually incorporates many of its better mods, there's really no reason why people playing the 360 version should feel slighted in any way. Unless you just love modding (which I don't really, btw), there's no reason why you should feel obliged to play Skyrim on PC. It's already a really great complete game as is.

The bolded is factually incorrect. That's what I'm saying.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1910 on: November 05, 2012, 11:15:26 AM »
Not for me. I downloaded tons of mods on Skyrim, and the only ones I ever stuck with for long were mounted combat and arrow smithing. Other than that, and barring some new awesome innovation, I thought Skyrim was pretty much fine as is. 

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1911 on: November 05, 2012, 11:21:16 AM »

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1912 on: November 05, 2012, 11:33:08 AM »
Depends what you consider "better". I think Warzones was stupid. I guess we're at a standstill.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1913 on: November 05, 2012, 11:47:01 AM »
Depends what you consider "better". I think Warzones was stupid. I guess we're at a standstill.

you used opinion. I was stating fact.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1914 on: November 05, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
Can you respond to one post here without sounding like a complete douche?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1915 on: November 05, 2012, 11:53:07 AM »

you used opinion. I was stating fact.

Well, if we're only stating "facts" about the game, then why did you post your opinion to begin with? I mean, if this is all about "facts", let's just copypasta the Wikipedia article and be done with the thread.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1916 on: November 05, 2012, 11:55:42 AM »
Can you respond to one post here without sounding like a complete douche?

No. It isn't in my capacity. I'm only asking people actually try to read what I posted. It was in response to what had been posted, not random shouting of information.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1917 on: November 05, 2012, 12:06:37 PM »
I did read what you posted, snapple. I'm not trying to demean your opinion. I get why people like playing games on the PC. I get people like mods.

I'm just don't get why you keep insisting that, if I don't think Skyrim's mods were all that, I obviously don't know anything about them. I do. I've logged 60 +/- hrs  on PC Skyrim, and, since I've come home, have done the same on my gifted xbox copy with a new character and Dawnguard. I'm having more fun on the Xbox, for a variety of reasons.  One is that the xbox version has incorporated most of the mods I really liked and wanted. The other is that I find console playing way more comfortable. And the final is that, while lots of Skyrim's mods were cool and added to the game in many ways, few of them, in my opinion, really made the game any better. More =/= better, imo. And the fact that I could go from playing modded PC Skyrim to the console version without feeling like I was getting any less of a good gameplay experience added to me coming to that opinion.

That's the big difference. Oblivion really needed mods to be a good game. Skryim does not. Same goes for Fallout 3, and New Vegas (well...). 

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1918 on: November 05, 2012, 12:23:54 PM »

Wow, I'm the exact opposite - we got Skyrim for the PS3 and that's when I first started playing.  But then the Steam summer sale happened and I got it for my PC.  Gotta say that I dig the PC version MUCH more, even though the only mod I have is the high definition texture pack.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1919 on: November 05, 2012, 12:27:27 PM »
Well, the PC version runs much better than the PS3 version...

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1920 on: November 05, 2012, 12:28:30 PM »
True, but I also didn't have to mod the fuck out of it either.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1921 on: November 05, 2012, 12:29:45 PM »
And you could buy the DLC.

Basically, if you own Skyrim on PS3, lolu

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1922 on: November 05, 2012, 12:32:28 PM »
Shut it! :angry: :lol

I can buy any DLC I want, yeah.  Not that I will, but I can. :)

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1923 on: November 05, 2012, 01:26:34 PM »
And you could buy the DLC.

Basically, if you own Skyrim on PS3, lolu

Yeah, basically this.

I'm saying that the XBOX 360 version of Skyrim is the real deal, and a great, complete game developed even without modding. While there are lots of advantages to having the PC version, the comfort of the console version levels the playing field for me.

The PS3 version of Skyrim, though...  :P

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1924 on: November 05, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »
Maybe you guys can pull loads of money out of your asses, but I can't, and I owned a PS3 before Skyrim came out. And like PC was saying, Skyrim is fun the way it is.