Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267408 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #1820 on: August 03, 2012, 11:15:44 PM »
I got the PC version for 50% off myself during the Steam summer sale.  We already have the PS3 version though.

If your computer can support it, download the HD texture pack - it makes a world of difference.  Oh, and see you in about a month! :lol

What's this HD texture pack? I have a gtx 460.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1821 on: August 03, 2012, 11:17:40 PM »
This is what I'm referring to.

Although... you would have had to have purchased the game through Steam to be able to use the texture pack.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1822 on: August 03, 2012, 11:25:31 PM »
Oh cool yea I got it through steam and must have missed this. I'll have to download it before I play.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1823 on: August 03, 2012, 11:26:48 PM »
I highly recommend it - it's free, and it greatly improves the scenery. :tup

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1824 on: August 13, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
I NEED A MDO THAT MAKES CROSSBOWS NOT SHIT

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #1825 on: August 14, 2012, 12:45:03 AM »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1826 on: August 14, 2012, 10:49:46 AM »
I'm really enjoying this game so far. Is it better to use skill points to Max out one power? I'm level 20 and I've spread my love but use the most on restoration destruction and two handed.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1827 on: August 14, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »
I'm really enjoying this game so far. Is it better to use skill points to Max out one power? I'm level 20 and I've spread my love but use the most on restoration destruction and two handed.

I have two characters (one on the PS3, the other on PC) and I still haven't figured that out.  My character on the PS3 has a mish mash of skills, while my one on the PC is heavy on Sneak, Lockpicking and Archery.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #1828 on: August 14, 2012, 12:54:11 PM »

Skills don't level fast enough to allow you to spend all of your skill points on one skill tree.  Just distribute your points between all the trees that you use.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1829 on: August 14, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »

Skills don't level fast enough to allow you to spend all of your skill points on one skill tree.  Just distribute your points between all the trees that you use.

That's true, but they do say you can save your skill points for later use.  I just don't find it effective to save points because I figure it puts you at a disadvantage when your level goes up, but your skills don't.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1830 on: August 14, 2012, 05:28:15 PM »
I've never saved my perk points for later, as I usually have enough built up in one of my skill trees to make it worth my while.  But... I'm glad the game has that option.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1831 on: August 15, 2012, 06:20:53 AM »
If you were playing a harder difficulty, you would try to spend points on the two skills you use most.

>meet old orc
>asks for honorable death
>epic duel with orc (killed him in two hits)
>decide the death wasn't honorable enough
>drag him for 10 minutes to nearest body of water
>send him down stream
>manly tears

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1832 on: August 15, 2012, 06:25:34 AM »
I haven't done anything quest-related in ages. I mostly run around and explore, finding new and cool dungeons that I run through. I'm currently level 25 on my Archer, I really should be doing more quest-stuff, but I haven't quite gotten around to it.

From what I understand there are 8 dungeons with Dragon Priest-bosses that should be pretty rad, but they are level 50 or something? Which means I have to double my amount of levels before I can get close to bringing one down.
The reason why I'm curious about them is that I've found one of the dungeons where one is located. I haven't checked it out yet though, will probably get owned.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #1833 on: August 15, 2012, 06:47:15 AM »
Level 50s at Level 25 aren't really too hard... I play on master and never use potions and it's definitely doable. Just have to be smart about fighting. Ice form is amazing! :p

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1834 on: August 15, 2012, 12:24:45 PM »
From what I understand there are 8 dungeons with Dragon Priest-bosses that should be pretty rad, but they are level 50 or something? Which means I have to double my amount of levels before I can get close to bringing one down.
The reason why I'm curious about them is that I've found one of the dungeons where one is located. I haven't checked it out yet though, will probably get owned.

I know where one of them is - I think I was levelled in the high 20s when I met up with him and kicked his ass with stealth arrows so it IS possible.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1835 on: August 15, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
Sounds cool. The one I've found is called Volskygge. Not sure if it's hard, but I'll see if I can try it. :P I have a companion but he's kinda useless.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1836 on: August 15, 2012, 01:26:48 PM »
Hm - that's not the one I was aware of, thanks for the info! :tup

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1837 on: August 15, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »
It's pretty much in the north western part of Skyrim, it's pretty hard to miss, west of Solitude and not too far west from a cave that has vampires I believe.
Anyhow, I did the dungeon, found the word wall and actually managed to beat the Dragon Priest. Wasn't that hard, I just ran around shooting arrows and he missed pretty much all his ice attacks. So now I have his mask!  :D His name was "Volsung" or something similar.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1838 on: August 15, 2012, 01:47:09 PM »
there is a great mod for the dragon priest masks. makes them hella colorful

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1839 on: August 15, 2012, 02:11:56 PM »
I also read something that if you collect all 8 of them you can open a "portal" to a secret room in one of the dungeons? Or wait, that was possibly another unique mask on it's own. In what dungeon is that secret room? (and where is the mask?)

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1840 on: August 15, 2012, 02:15:17 PM »
Yeah something spiffy happens if you collect them all, but unfortunately I wont know unless I start a new game, because I stored one of the masks in a chest in the thieves guild training room, not knowing my items wouldn't stay there. Of course, I have a PS3 and can't enter a code to get it back.

PS3 SUCKS PC IS BETTER BLAH BLAH BLAH

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1841 on: August 15, 2012, 04:01:18 PM »
So I totally burned down whiterun. I did it fairly early in the game. I didn't realize when I started the quest that such a huge battle would happen. That was awesome. I just hope I didn't screw up something else by doing that.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1842 on: August 15, 2012, 04:04:26 PM »
As I was told, you chose the wrong faction. I guess the Imperials are the better choice.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1843 on: August 15, 2012, 05:17:05 PM »
So I totally burned down whiterun. I did it fairly early in the game. I didn't realize when I started the quest that such a huge battle would happen. That was awesome. I just hope I didn't screw up something else by doing that.

They did a pretty good job of limiting the damage done by doing those quests early. You can google it pretty easy.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1844 on: August 15, 2012, 07:16:51 PM »
As I was told, you chose the wrong faction. I guess the Imperials are the better choice.

Oh well. It was a really fun quest.

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1845 on: August 15, 2012, 07:18:09 PM »

Possibly The Companions quest line.  Which faction were you with?  Cause, from what I remember, joining the Stormcloaks didn't cause Whiterun to burn - maybe it's because I got to the Jarl pretty quickly...

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1846 on: August 15, 2012, 07:54:54 PM »
I joined the stormcloaks. Its not like whiterun is gone, the jarl survived, but that was an epic battle.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1847 on: August 15, 2012, 08:04:13 PM »
I really need to start playing this more. I haven't played more than 5 minutes since last year when SWTOR came out and I put over 100 hours into that. Other than a gift subscription into that, I haven't continued, but it's not a horrible game if you look at it as a single player game with the option of playing with others.

I've been in Boston for 2 weeks and have a very demanding job, so it's hard to dedicate time when it's easier to just kick back on the couch after a long day. With Dawnguard finally out for PC, I may start up again...

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1848 on: August 16, 2012, 07:57:03 AM »
One of the things I love about Skyrim is the randomness and the amount of details put into everything.
I was out exploring earlier with my fellow Khajit companion, out of the blue I'm attacked by three Thalmor dudes, I manage to pick the first two off, but my companion is killed by some awesome-looking lightning attack from the third (which looks like Star Wars or something), later when I loot the corpses I find someone has sent them to kill me, and the letter also said "Beware, this guy is dangerous", which made me giggle.  :lol

Oh yeah, after that I found a cool place north of Markarth, one of those ruins.. and I killed off my second Dragon Priest to get another mask. There was also a word wall, so great stuff. :)

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #1849 on: August 16, 2012, 03:06:28 PM »
I joined the stormcloaks. Its not like whiterun is gone, the jarl survived, but that was an epic battle.

I completed the Civil War quests on the PS3 and YES it was indeed epic.

Oh yeah, after that I found a cool place north of Markarth, one of those ruins.. and I killed off my second Dragon Priest to get another mask. There was also a word wall, so great stuff. :)

Nice!  I'll have to keep that in mind - the only one I knew about was Labyrinthian, but I also remembered that Skuldafn has one too.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1850 on: August 28, 2012, 12:49:08 PM »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1851 on: August 28, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »
Dear god that sounds dumb...I'll probably get it.

I want an armory all for myself  :'(

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #1852 on: August 28, 2012, 02:59:35 PM »
I need a better thing than that "Hearthfire" for Skyrim. I hope they make a mod/expansion sometime that enables the destruction of certain buildings/structures/whatever. It'd be cool to just blast everything apart using shouts and magic.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1853 on: August 28, 2012, 03:36:49 PM »
SKYRIM: ZOMBIES

:neverusethis:

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #1854 on: August 28, 2012, 03:39:30 PM »
Skyrim: Thug Life
Cruise around Santa Windhelm in your tricked out ride taking down the establishment one bullet at a time.