Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267485 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #1540 on: January 31, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »
I've used training for pickpocketing, alchemy and archery. For archery, I've taken my money back both times. Alchemy I sell back potions and get all the money back. Pickpocketing was the only one I didn't get my money back for because pickpocketing is hard as shit until you level it up more and the gold was too much for my level.

Everything else I've done by hand. Conjuration spells are the worst though, I never use those and it takes forever to level up with one like candlelight.

I use the training whenever I can, as long as it applies to my character. It can be expensive, but gold was never an issue for me. I regularly have at least 40,000+. I killed some random lady, and found a journal that she carrying. It said something about a stump that her husband hid gold in, and a vague description of where it was. When I finally found it, there was 2,500 gold in it, I was really happy.

I've collected a bunch of journals but can barely read them cause I don't have an HD TV. Skyrim is going to make me blind...

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #1541 on: January 31, 2012, 01:27:30 PM »
Right before my system bricked, I went into the orphan children's home in Riften. I snuck in and listened to the two women in charge say to the kids how unloved they were and that were basically pieces of shit. I put an arrow through each of their heads, and the children rejoiced in cheer.

Well, you may have screwed your chances of getting into the Dark Brotherhood, then.

why?

Because the initiation quest for the Dark Brotherhood involves killing one of the orphanage ladies. If she's dead, I doubt you'll be able to complete it.

Everything else I've done by hand. Conjuration spells are the worst though, I never use those and it takes forever to level up with one like candlelight.
Candlelight is an Illusion spell
and the fastest way of training Conjuration would be to cast Soul Trap on a corpse

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1542 on: January 31, 2012, 05:19:33 PM »
Be warned. It's almost impossible to become a jack-of-all trades in this game. Choose your perks wisely.

Uh, what? I think it's far too easy to become a jack of all trades.
Hm, didn't work out for me. Maybe I was playing wrong?
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #1543 on: January 31, 2012, 06:04:17 PM »
Just don't waste perks and its really easy. Way too much stuff in this game is rediculously broken. I mean 30x sneak damage, wtf.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1544 on: January 31, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »
I was a newb and just picked perks at random for awhile. it didn't work.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1545 on: January 31, 2012, 06:25:15 PM »
Okay, but now that you do know what to pick it would be pretty easy to be good at everything.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1546 on: January 31, 2012, 06:41:06 PM »
imo it's more "knowing which perks to not put points in" than "knowing which ones you should be"

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1547 on: January 31, 2012, 07:19:07 PM »
man, I haven't played Skyrim since Sunday night because of a huge workload. ...withdrawal is starting to set in...

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1548 on: January 31, 2012, 07:36:12 PM »
Right before my system bricked, I went into the orphan children's home in Riften. I snuck in and listened to the two women in charge say to the kids how unloved they were and that were basically pieces of shit. I put an arrow through each of their heads, and the children rejoiced in cheer.

Well, you may have screwed your chances of getting into the Dark Brotherhood, then.

why?

Because the initiation quest for the Dark Brotherhood involves killing one of the orphanage ladies. If she's dead, I doubt you'll be able to complete it.

Candlelight is an Illusion spell
and the fastest way of training Conjuration would be to cast Soul Trap on a corpse

Well, that explains that.  :lol Either way, the candlelight spell is shit and doesn't help at all.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1549 on: January 31, 2012, 07:40:38 PM »
wat

I use candlelight constantly (Or was it magelight? the one that follows you.)
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1550 on: January 31, 2012, 08:17:34 PM »
wat

I meant in terms of leveling up

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1551 on: January 31, 2012, 09:14:03 PM »
I've used training for pickpocketing, alchemy and archery. For archery, I've taken my money back both times. Alchemy I sell back potions and get all the money back. Pickpocketing was the only one I didn't get my money back for because pickpocketing is hard as shit until you level it up more and the gold was too much for my level.

From early on I went into most battles by sending in a Flame Atronoch first, so Conjuration has been quite natural for me.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1552 on: January 31, 2012, 09:19:32 PM »
wat

honestly if you set your brightness up, you'll never need to use a magelight/candlelight spell

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1553 on: January 31, 2012, 09:23:17 PM »
Yeah, I don't need it on my TV upstairs but as soon as I went to play downstairs I couldn't see anything unless I use that or a torch.  :lol

I guess candelight is actually an alteration spell though, not conjuration. I've been using stoneflesh now and then to boost the level up, but it takes up 95% of my magic for just one cast so I don't get to use it much. Haven't even touched conjuration except for a few soul trap spells. I'll keep the atronoch in mind when I run across one of the spell tomes.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1554 on: February 01, 2012, 03:11:01 PM »
If you're into one-handed, or just need to level conjuration, use a bound sword.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1555 on: February 01, 2012, 06:35:58 PM »
I'm pissed. I'm in the middle of the College of Winterhold quest, and I really really really really really want to be the arch mage but there is no way I can finish it with my current skill level. :(

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1556 on: February 01, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »
Undownload the game back to the Steam servers.

Just like you did with Skype.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1557 on: February 02, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »
I'm pissed. I'm in the middle of the College of Winterhold quest, and I really really really really really want to be the arch mage but there is no way I can finish it with my current skill level. :(

There's nothing for it I'm afraid. There are areas of Skyrim that are just too dangerous for anyone under level 25 or so (can you say Kvenel the Tongue). You'll just have to go do some minor quests for a while. I suggest doing little jobs for various Jarls if you don't want to join other factions or do the main quest.

Good luck and have fun!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1558 on: February 02, 2012, 11:27:33 AM »
That's what I do when I can't complete a quest like that.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1559 on: February 02, 2012, 01:43:19 PM »

I actually just became Arch-Mage last night myself. :D
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #1560 on: February 02, 2012, 03:20:35 PM »
Alright all you crazy Thanes so I made a guy over this last weekend that I think I'm going to stick with for the long haul.  I modeled him after the paladin class from games like WoW, so we're talking a Nord with heavy armor, 2h, 1h, smithing and restoration as the skills I've been focusing on.  Been working out beautifully so far, up to lvl 28 already after a few days of limited play time.  I think I've died like twice. 

My main weapon as been 2h warhammers and I've got the perk that gives you a chance to decapitate, so with most enemies I encounter now it's usually one swing and I get the finishing move animation where I knock the guys head off.  Feels good man  :hat

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1561 on: February 02, 2012, 03:41:06 PM »
My first character was Hugar Hellingstone (you know him) who used a greatsword.  I just think that heavy armor + greatswords make the game really really easy.  One power attack = dead everything.  That's why I enjoy my assassin.  Yeah, he can kill things in one hit too, but you have to sneak and be careful in order to land that sneak attack, and if you can't sneak, its a lot more difficult to fight your way out of a situation.  Plus you take more damage because of light armor. 

I also made a new character to play if I don't feel like doing stuff with my assassin.  Her name is Riven and I modeled her off the champion from League of Legends (one-handed, heavy armor, block, enchanting/smithing).  I love running with character concepts like that.  I think my next one will be a mage of some type...maybe a Necromancer.  That would be cool. 

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #1562 on: February 02, 2012, 03:55:50 PM »
Oh yeah dude don't get me wrong, I've got assassin and mage guys too.  I like to mix it up.  I just don't have a lot of time to play and wanted to progress through the main quests and experience more of the game's content, and I got sick of dying all the time with my more flimsy (but very fun) characters so I made this guy with the heavy armor/resto combo to be as invincible as possible so I can just kick ass when I don't feel like fucking around.  My other characters are a wood elf thief w/ dual-wield daggers and a dark elf mage/assassin who rocks the bound bow (which has to be one of if not the most kick-ass weapon in the game).

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1563 on: February 02, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »
Did you ever posted a pic of Hugar, SDN?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1564 on: February 03, 2012, 10:40:35 AM »
Ended the game last night after traveling through a portal on my way to a 2nd battle with a certain dragon. Looking forward to hopefully ending him soon.

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #1565 on: February 03, 2012, 11:03:01 AM »
So before shutting down last night I decided to smack the shit out of the Jarl of Whiterun with my warhammer just to see what would happen, and you know what did happen?  Nothing!  None of the guards flinched, and he just got back up and was like "Yes? You have my attention" and I was like "hmm."  So to continue my experiment I smacked the shit out of Irileth, and the entire room went nuts!  Like even Proventus Whatshisnamus was trying to fist fight me!  Like that bald fuck can phase me.  Anyway, what's that all about?  Guess we know who's really calling the shots in Dragonsreach!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1566 on: February 03, 2012, 12:46:56 PM »
The only thing I took out of that post: I imagine you looking like your avatar and making that face every time you slap a bitch.

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #1567 on: February 03, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »
That's pretty much what I was going for.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1568 on: February 03, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »
The only thing I took out of that post: I imagine you looking like your avatar and making that face every time you slap a bitch.
Sig'd. Too great.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1569 on: February 04, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »
I made myself a full set of glass armor today. It looks amazing.

loldoublepostlol

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1570 on: February 04, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »
I love the way the glass armor looks.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1571 on: February 05, 2012, 09:39:30 AM »
Yeah me too. It's cooler than dragonscale, which is why I'm not going to make dragonscale and just keep my glass armor.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1572 on: February 05, 2012, 09:41:49 AM »
I got some friends who have dedicated themselves to basically one-upping each other when upgrading armors. :lol

They've done some 500 and 600 rated Daedric armors and they haven't stopped!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1573 on: February 05, 2012, 09:43:31 AM »
except it isn't light armor

EDIT: now this makes no sense, lolwut.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:00:29 AM by WindMaster »

Offline Bombardana

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1574 on: February 05, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »
psssh light