Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267529 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #1365 on: January 16, 2012, 05:14:34 PM »
So that's why they're after you! :lol

How do I get them to stop? There are no more guards when I got there.
Either pay the 19,000 gold or let them arrest you, well... if their are any guards left to arrest you.

Well that's shitty

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1366 on: January 16, 2012, 05:46:06 PM »
You could always escape, kill the guards and get your stuff back. Just be sure you can sneak out of there. I was spotted pretty quickly in Solitude, but did manage to sneak out after a bit of running and getting shot in the knee and stuff.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1367 on: January 16, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »
Doesn't it reach a point where you can't be fined or jailed though? I know a couple times I have gone on killing sprees in towns and killed everyone I could and then there was no option for me to pay my bounty or surrender... I just didn't actually save it.  :lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1368 on: January 16, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »
I think when I reach level 100, I going to go stealth commando and kill everyone in Riverwood. I love using my bow.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1369 on: January 16, 2012, 06:14:54 PM »
I think when I reach level 100, I going to go stealth commando and kill everyone in Riverwood. I love using my bow.
I got bored with my main character and made an archer/thief character. It's awesome. I'll probably complete the main quest with my first character sometime...
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #1370 on: January 16, 2012, 07:45:56 PM »
that's precisely what I'm doing right now

except instead of being a fair player, I'm going power level to the max and chuck all my skill points into something fun, like
archer/stealth/pickpocket/speech

and another one where I'll be pure mage, and actually put points into Alteration, to get that lovely spell resist + absorb.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1371 on: January 17, 2012, 03:46:44 AM »

when you reach 100, be sure to tell someone and Todd Howard will prolly come to your house, because 80/81 is the highest you can get.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1372 on: January 17, 2012, 05:51:03 AM »

when you reach 100, be sure to tell someone and Todd Howard will prolly come to your house, because 80/81 is the highest you can get.

Well aint that a kick in the keister.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1373 on: January 17, 2012, 06:22:16 AM »
Skyrim was the first type of this game that I gave played. I wish I understood it more from the beginning. For the first 12 levels I only upgraded magika and destruction spells... And I never use them. I'm a pretty nasty archer. I have a pretty solid bow that ive only seen the one time I picked it up, a helmet that increases archer skills by 15%, those wrist guards that increase it by 12%, boots that increase it by 15%, and a ring that increases it by 20%. Had I focussed on archery from the very beginning, I'd be disgusting.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1374 on: January 17, 2012, 06:29:44 AM »
Skyrim was the first type of this game that I gave played. I wish I understood it more from the beginning. For the first 12 levels I only upgraded magika and destruction spells... And I never use them. I'm a pretty nasty archer. I have a pretty solid bow that ive only seen the one time I picked it up, a helmet that increases archer skills by 15%, those wrist guards that increase it by 12%, boots that increase it by 15%, and a ring that increases it by 20%. Had I focussed on archery from the very beginning, I'd be disgusting.

Oh god, that's not new slang is it?

"Check it out, I'm level 100 with the bow and have several enchantments for it. I can kill a mammoth with one shot!"

"Dude, you're disgusting!"

:D

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1375 on: January 17, 2012, 06:35:58 AM »
haha yeah, next thing you know when something is gross people will be saying "ew that is zook!"

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1376 on: January 17, 2012, 06:40:13 AM »
Quiet fool!

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1377 on: January 17, 2012, 07:14:26 AM »
just wait until all your apparel has +40% archery damage (or one-handed, etc)

it's pretty fun running around with a 128 damage bow

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1378 on: January 17, 2012, 04:33:09 PM »
My thief character is seriously awesome though. I was completely failing at my old character (mage/warrior) and with the new one I'm actually concentrating on specific areas and have a plan. I am loving this game like never before, and i have almost 90 hours played on it.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1379 on: January 18, 2012, 07:57:30 PM »
Can anyone tell me how my girlfriend managed to rack up 14mb of saved data? She's only a level 15 or so and isn't that much farther in the story than me. Meanwhile I'm level 36, have cleared several caves and only have 7000 something kb. Her game glitches a shit ton.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1380 on: January 18, 2012, 09:16:55 PM »
Are you playing on PS3? There has been a lot of issues with game saves, and when they get too big the game starts to lag/crash. I'm at about 65 hours and a 9 MB file and thankfully I have only experienced 2 crashes and it only lags when I go to Riften, but it isn't gamebreaking yet.

They are saying the next patch will address the issue, but on the forums no one has seemed to pinpoint what causes some people's game saves to become so large and start lagging.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1381 on: January 19, 2012, 01:23:27 AM »
Yeah it's on PS3. I hope the patch does fix that issue and the freezing issue. I made it a habit to save constantly even with the autosave on.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1382 on: January 19, 2012, 06:19:20 AM »
Yeah it's on PS3. I hope the patch does fix that issue and the freezing issue. I made it a habit to save constantly even with the autosave on.

I save every time I encounter an expert or master level lock.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1383 on: January 19, 2012, 07:33:54 AM »
I don't understand how the save files get that big! I'm 100+ hours in, finished the main quest and the Companions, College of Winterhold, Thieve's Guild quests and my save file is only 11mb.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1384 on: January 19, 2012, 12:09:10 PM »
I haven't played Skyrim in almost a month. I think it's time to get back on this shit. Any new problems I should know about?
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1385 on: January 19, 2012, 12:30:04 PM »
man I sure love playing this game in my monitor's native resolution, with HD textures, an improved minimap, controlling it with my mouse and keyboard.

Plus mods.

:p

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1386 on: January 19, 2012, 02:25:05 PM »
My girlfriend's game is all fucked up... Pretty shitty.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1387 on: January 19, 2012, 02:50:22 PM »
Honestly, I would suggest not playing it anymore, atleast until the patch comes out. A lot of people have actually been reporting their PS3s BREAK from the constant lag/crashes. Some are saying that it isn't the game's fault, but there have been a lot of reports of this in the past 2 weeks or so. At any rate, it certainly isn't good for your PS3 and will probably reduce its life span, especially if it is one of the older models.

Hopefully they release a patch that will fix it, but I guess Bethisda (is that even the name? idk) has a pretty lousy track record with things like this, as Fallout New Vegas had similar problems. And people are saying the company KNEW about this, because they only sent PC/360 versions to game sites to review. Pretty shady if you ask me. At the very least, if the knew about the problem they should have delayed the PS3 release to fix any bugs, and if they couldn't, not release it at all.

Thankfully, I'm still going strong. I feel like I have gotten a lot of gameplay out of it, so even if it breaks I won't be TOO bummed, although it will suck to not be able to completely experience the game.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1388 on: January 19, 2012, 02:57:53 PM »
Bethesda didn't develop New Vegas, they just published it, Obsidian Entertainment is to blame for the problems and lack of constant updating.

But didn't Bethesda come out and say that the next patch, who should be release by the end of the month, fixes that?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1389 on: January 19, 2012, 03:06:50 PM »
Bethesda didn't develop New Vegas, they just published it, Obsidian Entertainment is to blame for the problems and lack of constant updating.

But didn't Bethesda come out and say that the next patch, who should be release by the end of the month, fixes that?

Ah, alright. They are saying it will "address the issue", which could be a cure or the same thing as the last patch which just kind of delayed the lag until you racked up more hours. I guess it's possible that it is something that CAN'T be fixed with a patch. And I feel like if they knew what exactly was wrong with it, they would probably say what exactly is causing the problem so people would calm down... it's a madhouse over on their forums.  :lol The best guess at the problem I've read had to do with things in the world reseting, which seems like it would be fixable if it IS that, but it's all purely speculation at this point.  :-\

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1390 on: January 19, 2012, 06:48:59 PM »
simple fix; don't play on a PS3  :P

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1391 on: January 19, 2012, 06:59:40 PM »
PS3's have the best controllers. 360's are awkward, and I don't like playing games with a keyboard unless it's Worms: Armageddon.

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1392 on: January 19, 2012, 07:01:44 PM »
.. did he just say that the Xbox Controller is awkward..........?

:lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1393 on: January 19, 2012, 07:05:22 PM »
.. did he just say that the Xbox Controller is awkward..........?

:lol

.. no you read that wrong..........

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1394 on: January 19, 2012, 07:19:52 PM »
PS3's have the best controllers. 360's are awkward
...the fuck?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1395 on: January 19, 2012, 07:22:57 PM »
Yeah, they're all wide and the analog sticks are up here and over there, and they aren't PS3 controllers that I'm used to. So they suck. I like the Playstation controller set up. Come at me, bro.

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1396 on: January 19, 2012, 07:25:39 PM »
name a time, and a place. bro.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1397 on: January 19, 2012, 07:39:44 PM »
name a time, and a place. bro.

5:27pm @ Anclote Elementary School, New Port Richey, Fla.

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1398 on: January 19, 2012, 07:58:24 PM »
dude.
you know I can't bring a gun to a school. jeez

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1399 on: January 19, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »
yeah dude. wtf.