Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267359 times)

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #1260 on: December 31, 2011, 10:25:34 AM »
He's talking about not using magic in Morrowind, not Skyrim.

Speaking of Morrowind is it just me or is Tribunal a lot tougher than the main quest? Even the Goblins make Ash Vampires seem weak...

It's not just you, both of the expansions are considerably harder than Morrowind. IIRC Solstheim is a bit easier than Tribunal.

Also, not sure if you want some Tribunal (not main quest related) spoilers, but a protip if you want it: There's a poor wood elf named Gaenor in the Temple Courtyard. WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT TALK TO HIM SRSLY YOU WILL REGRET IT FOREVER
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1261 on: December 31, 2011, 12:19:31 PM »
There's a poor wood elf named Gaenor in the Temple Courtyard. WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT TALK TO HIM SRSLY YOU WILL REGRET IT FOREVER

Worst advice ever. I didn't regret it. :P

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1262 on: December 31, 2011, 12:21:13 PM »
Why not? While kinda funny, it's probably the most annoying thing in that game second only to cliff racers.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #1263 on: December 31, 2011, 12:37:46 PM »
Why not? While kinda funny, it's probably the most annoying thing in that game second only to cliff racers.
I refuse to believe that there's something more annoying than cliff racers in Morrowind. It's unpossible.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1264 on: December 31, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »
I refuse to believe that there's something more annoying than cliff racers in Morrowind. It's unpossible.

qft.

Because by the time you can dump so much money into that faggot, you generally can school him. Plus, I always keep some broken ass potions in case something like that happens.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1265 on: December 31, 2011, 02:26:06 PM »
You don't have to dump any money into him, no matter how much or little you give him, if you talk to him he'll attack you later. And if geno's having trouble with goblins, I doubt he's gonna be much good against him. Remember, you can get to Mournhold at level 6.

And yeah, fuck cliff racers.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1266 on: December 31, 2011, 02:30:20 PM »
You don't have to dump any money into him, no matter how much or little you give him, if you talk to him he'll attack you later. And if geno's having trouble with goblins, I doubt he's gonna be much good against him. Remember, you can get to Mournhold at level 6.

And yeah, fuck cliff racers.

I'm level 31 :lol

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1267 on: December 31, 2011, 02:33:47 PM »
I'm serious though, this guy can fuck shit up.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1268 on: December 31, 2011, 03:16:32 PM »

Full ebony is absurd.

Offline ehra

« Reply #1269 on: December 31, 2011, 03:28:57 PM »
5 minutes into the game and I already ran into an annoying bug in Morrowind that, apparently, hasn't been fixed from the fan patches. Not sure if it's specific to just male Altmer or if anyone else gets it too, but some NPCs refer to me as a female in their voice greetings. Hopefully it doesn't cause any problems beyond that.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1270 on: December 31, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »

Full ebony is absurd.

Not to mention the guy's 700+ luck attribute.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1271 on: January 01, 2012, 04:25:35 AM »
So this guy...definitely tougher than Dagoth Ur? 'cause Dagoth Ur was fuckin' TOUGH.

Also, anyone else feel like we should just go ahead and call this the Elder Scrolls thread?

...my name is Araragi.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1272 on: January 01, 2012, 09:22:51 AM »
So this guy...definitely tougher than Dagoth Ur? 'cause Dagoth Ur was fuckin' TOUGH.

Also, anyone else feel like we should just go ahead and call this the Elder Scrolls thread?

Eh, the whole game is easy if you use the alchemy loop. There is a spell that makes it fairly easy to kill the guy. I can't remember which (maybe sanctuary? or is that what he has?). The thing is, the alchemy loop isn't a bug, it's the way the game was made. I generally only use the broken ass potions on guys like that.

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1273 on: January 01, 2012, 09:32:08 AM »
My guy is a straight up barbarian, 100 strength and endurance. His intelligence is currently 4 because I don't know where the imperial cult shrine in Mournhold is, but it's really not effecting my playing at all  :rollin

So basically I am not making any potions

...my name is Araragi.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1274 on: January 01, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »
My guy is a straight up barbarian, 100 strength and endurance. His intelligence is currently 4 because I don't know where the imperial cult shrine in Mournhold is, but it's really not effecting my playing at all  :rollin

So basically I am not making any potions

You have no idea how easy it is, do you?  :lol

Offline Genowyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1275 on: January 01, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »
Nope, but from an RP perspective my character would not be dabbling in that stuff. If I reroll a wizard or rogue type character, sure.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1276 on: January 01, 2012, 09:41:57 AM »
Nope, but from an RP perspective my character would not be dabbling in that stuff. If I reroll a wizard or rogue type character, sure.

Well, when you finish up the rest of the game and decide to say "fuck it" to RP, look it up. It's really easy. You can honestly do it right after you get off the boat in the beginning.

Offline ehra

« Reply #1277 on: January 01, 2012, 05:45:10 PM »
Might as well just use the console to set your stats as high as you want at that point, imo. Accomplishes the same thing with much less time wasted. Alchemy abuse was fun to do the first time just to go 'lol, look at how high my strength is," but other than that it removes any remote chance of the game being challenging in any way. Heck, I don't even like abusing normal items like Sujamma by drinking 5 all at one go and blowing away whatever I'm fighting.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1278 on: January 01, 2012, 05:53:43 PM »
Yeah, Alchemy Looping is just an exploit in my book. Yeah, it's entirely within the game system, but it's really just exploiting the fact that the game mechanics don't have any negative side effects for what in the end amounts to drug abuse :lol

Offline ehra

« Reply #1279 on: January 01, 2012, 06:35:01 PM »
There are a ton of ways that you can cheat the game like that and make things. Like casting a short duration drain skill spell on yourself, which makes training super cheap, then casting a short duration fortify skill on the trainer of your choice who trains in the skill you want. You can make anyone into a "master" trainer that way if you can bump their level in that skill to 100.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #1280 on: January 01, 2012, 07:01:09 PM »
Finally got Morrowind since it seems to be all the rage here right now.  :D Skyrim is so 2011, anyway.

Offline ehra

« Reply #1281 on: January 01, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »
Heh, I'm actually getting annoyed with Morrowind already. Have to run and jump everywhere to boost those skills, and there's a bug where after jumping I'll glide across the floor before I actually start running again. While doing this it's not uncommon for me to fall through the ground. It use to happen to be before, but never to this extent. Maybe it's a problem with tall characters? Never played an Altmer before.

Also, Speechcraft/disposition is already getting tedious. Definitely prefer how it's done in Skyrim, and even then it's kind of annoying. I REALLY don't like having random chance in conversation options.

But if you can get over the dated mechanics, it's still a fun game.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1282 on: January 02, 2012, 12:51:28 PM »
I need to get morrowind. It sounds great.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1283 on: January 02, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »
I still think the world itself is the richest of the three games, but yeah, it's really starting to show its age mechanics wise.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1284 on: January 02, 2012, 01:59:57 PM »
Meh. I never liked Morrowind all that much.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #1285 on: January 02, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »
Neither did I really. Loved the world and it is the only Elder Scrolls game with a decent/good main story, but the mechanics suck and they've always sucked.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1286 on: January 02, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »
Neither did I really. Loved the world and it is the only Elder Scrolls game with a decent/good main story, but the mechanics suck and they've always sucked.
Agreed. It took forever for my friends to convince me to play Oblivion because of that. Then I did and I got hooked.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1287 on: January 02, 2012, 02:54:46 PM »
One thing I really wish they would have done more with Skyrim is integrate the civil war and the main quest line. The civil war really did just feel like a side quest.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1288 on: January 02, 2012, 04:01:24 PM »
I don't know about you guys but both the Civil War and Dragonborn story lines were side quests compared to my "make myself as badass as possible" main quest.

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #1289 on: January 02, 2012, 04:01:42 PM »
One thing I really wish they would have done more with Skyrim is integrate the civil war and the main quest line. The civil war really did just feel like a side quest.
Agreed :)

Asides from the Jarl refusing to use Dragonsreach to capture the dragon if the Civil War is still going on and having to organise the peace treaty, it does seem a world away. Even having Delphine and Esbern making passive comments about the war and their allegiance would have made it a little more real :/
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1290 on: January 02, 2012, 04:28:12 PM »
Had a good time robbing the ever living fuck out of Solitude.

I just got here today. I accidentally shouted at some guy in the bar... Now I have literally 15 people raping me every time I set foot in the city.... Including the guy I am suppose to convince to partake in a truce.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1291 on: January 03, 2012, 02:05:38 PM »
I don't know about you guys but both the Civil War and Dragonborn story lines were side quests compared to my "make myself as badass as possible" main quest.
Yeah I'm still pretty much ignoring the main quests. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline ehra

« Reply #1292 on: January 03, 2012, 03:40:02 PM »
I've actually been focusing on the main quest, which is a first for me. I've also got a side quest to collect every book I can get. I don't even take any loot or money, I just sneak into each house and take all of their books.

Soon I'll be able to afford a house to keep it all in.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1293 on: January 03, 2012, 04:07:09 PM »
SMALL SPOILERZ AHEAD:

Is anyone else's "Discerning the Transmundane" quest glitched? In mine, I went to Septimus's outpost and delivered the blood to him, the door opened and he went inside. There was a book sitting on a stand. I tried to take it, but no matter how many times I press "E," it never lets me take the book.

Meanwhile, Septimus is just walking around by the book stand with the quest marker still over his head and when I try to talk to him, it says he is busy.

So I was like fuck this, I go and do a ton of other shit and come back and the chamber is sealed shut. Septimus is still inside the chamber with the book and the quest marker is in there also.

WTF?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 07:18:57 PM by WindMaster »
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1294 on: January 04, 2012, 06:07:57 PM »