Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267357 times)

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #1225 on: December 25, 2011, 09:38:19 PM »
Hm, alright. Good job DTF, your number of Skyrim players shall increase by one (1) tomorrow.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #1226 on: December 25, 2011, 09:43:44 PM »
Even with the nasty PS3 lag?

You should be fine as long as you're a reasonably stingy saver.  From what I've read, the problems mainly occur when your save file gets too large. 

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1227 on: December 25, 2011, 09:52:58 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks Skyrim is the least nice looking of the 3 big Elder Scrolls games? The landscape I find is kinda bland.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #1228 on: December 25, 2011, 10:04:03 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks Skyrim is the least nice looking of the 3 big Elder Scrolls games? The landscape I find is kinda bland.
Yes

Oblivion was much blander looking.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #1229 on: December 26, 2011, 12:17:19 AM »
The landscape is kinda bladn (though still way better than Oblivion), but the awesome dungeons more than make up for it.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1230 on: December 26, 2011, 12:18:29 AM »
Really? I thought Oblivion was quite nice.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1231 on: December 26, 2011, 04:28:15 AM »
Got this game for Christmas. So far I went in a cave and killed some people. Zook, the badass killer dark elf I am.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

« Reply #1232 on: December 26, 2011, 08:56:27 AM »
The landscape is kinda bladn (though still way better than Oblivion), but the awesome dungeons more than make up for it.

Yeah, the dungeons are nice.  I think they might be a bit too linear, but the advantage to that is that you don't get lost or confused while you're inside them.  Also, I love how they almost always give you a quick passage out after you've finished... great design on most of them. 

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1233 on: December 26, 2011, 11:16:10 AM »
The only ones I actively try to avoid are the Dwemer ones. The set-pieces are kind of cool but they are waaaaaaay too large.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #1234 on: December 26, 2011, 03:00:47 PM »
SKYRIM GET

Time to drive home and do the hours of installs.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #1235 on: December 27, 2011, 12:43:54 PM »
Dunno if anyone else is experiencing this. But I'm getting some weird shit on the PS3. I hadn't played for awhile. Booted up yesterday and it's kind fucked. It keeps kinda like, freezing, and causing some big screen flickers. At the worst it gone off screen completely, and then comes back and the TV acts like it just recieved a source. Last night it went off completely and I couldn't get anything. Is my PS3 almost the deads? This seems to only happen when I'm running skyrim.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1236 on: December 28, 2011, 03:51:37 PM »
Dunno if anyone else is experiencing this. But I'm getting some weird shit on the PS3. I hadn't played for awhile. Booted up yesterday and it's kind fucked. It keeps kinda like, freezing, and causing some big screen flickers. At the worst it gone off screen completely, and then comes back and the TV acts like it just recieved a source. Last night it went off completely and I couldn't get anything. Is my PS3 almost the deads? This seems to only happen when I'm running skyrim.

I think your Skyrim copy is almost the deads, your PS3 is almost the deads, or your PS3 is dying from the awesome. That's all that I can think of.

In all serious though, you might want to ask the Gamestop people about it. They are always really helpful.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1237 on: December 28, 2011, 04:11:10 PM »
So I found this dungeon that I thought I could use the bear claw key with, so I went back to Riverwood and stole it back, but come to find out, it's a different ivory dragon claw, so now the people of Riverwood hate me again.

In other news, I had an epic battle with a giant, and by epic, I mean I shot him with arrows whilst running away frantically for my life. When I was finally about to kill it, some douche came out of nowhere and shot it with a fireball for the last shot!!!!

Offline ClairvoyantCat

« Reply #1238 on: December 28, 2011, 04:17:01 PM »

How large is your saved folder?  It seems that most of the PS3 problems have occurred when it exceeds 6mb. 

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #1239 on: December 28, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »
My main save is 6MB. My second save is 3. I only get glitches on my second save. Apparently having autosaves on can cause glitches, so next time I'm on the new save, I'll have to try that.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1240 on: December 28, 2011, 08:42:06 PM »

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1241 on: December 28, 2011, 09:34:40 PM »
Hours: 13
Level: 14
Dragons Killed: 4
Fucks given: 0

Still having fun with the game, though sometimes it can be tedious trying to find a quest location that's seventy bajillion miles away.  Also Dragon fights can be really cheap if the dragon never decides to land, taking potshots at you from the air and you're, say, Hugar Hellingstone, lead vocalist of the thundercore band Thundersword, and you don't fight with anything but your trusty enchanted Dwarven Greatsword that you forged with your own bare hands. 

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #1242 on: December 28, 2011, 10:00:55 PM »
Girlfriend got this for Christmas, btw. Pretty sure she's got the addiction. Feels good.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1243 on: December 29, 2011, 01:12:49 AM »

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #1244 on: December 29, 2011, 04:12:13 AM »
Bloody hell Bacong. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline PetrucciFan99

« Reply #1245 on: December 29, 2011, 10:43:43 AM »
wtf

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1246 on: December 29, 2011, 10:46:28 AM »
Had a good time robbing the ever living fuck out of Solitude.

Offline ehra

« Reply #1247 on: December 29, 2011, 09:34:43 PM »

Offline Omega

« Reply #1248 on: December 30, 2011, 01:43:18 PM »
So I have this damn bounty, right...

But it won't say from which hold so I have no way of paying it off. And when I kill the bride in the black brotherhood quest and I escape far from Solitude, I can't fast travel or rest as it states that guards are "after me" yet they are nowhere in sight.

Any suggestions, pretty please?  :(
ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1249 on: December 30, 2011, 03:48:02 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X_-yTs4sDo

What was the console command you used for the Stormcloak soldiers?

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1250 on: December 30, 2011, 04:10:41 PM »

But it won't say from which hold so I have no way of paying it off. And when I kill the bride in the black brotherhood quest and I escape far from Solitude, I can't fast travel or rest as it states that guards are "after me" yet they are nowhere in sight.

https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Bound_Until_Death#Bugs

One of the last bullets.

Offline Omega

« Reply #1251 on: December 30, 2011, 10:00:45 PM »

One of the last bullets.

Grazie :tup
ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Offline ehra

« Reply #1252 on: December 30, 2011, 10:16:01 PM »
This isn't about Skyrim specifically, but I figure it's more relevant here than the general video games thread.

Been enjoying Skyrim, but I was thinking of going back and playing the games through in order (well, from Morrowind and up anyway) just to get a better grasp of the lore's progression. I was thinking about what race I wanted to go with my guy in Morrowind. I think for this run through I'm going to stick with "traditional" races for each game; so a Dumner Nerevarine for Morrowind, an Imperial for Oblivion, and a Nord for Skyrim. But after thinking about it a bit, wouldn't it technically make more "sense" for the Nerevarine to be an Altmer rather than Dumner? From what I remember the "Dumner" didn't actually exist until after Nerevar's death (and their existence was actually a result of his death), before that they were just a sect of the Altmer that moved to Morrowind. So I'm thinking that it'd be more fitting for Nerevar to come back as a "pre-curse" elf. Of course, then I'd have to deal with all of those vulnerabilities.

What do you guys think?

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #1253 on: December 30, 2011, 10:22:32 PM »
Yeah, Indoril Nerevar was an Altmer so it'd make sense that the Nerevarine would be Altmer (though the Dunmer themselves don't subscribe to this, but it's probably along the same lines as the white Jesus image).

Of course, you're going to get your shit kicked in by anything magical, so if you go that route definitely I'd say take The Atronach birthsign, regardless of what class you choose.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline ehra

« Reply #1254 on: December 30, 2011, 10:31:38 PM »
Yeah, I don't plan on using much magic (because, really, screw spell failure), so there's really no reason for me to not pick Atronach if I don't want things to get stupidly frustrating. :P

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1255 on: December 30, 2011, 11:33:21 PM »
Just go dual war axes and decap bitches every other turn.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1256 on: December 31, 2011, 06:39:49 AM »

One of the last bullets.
"Astrid sometimes doesn't give you bonus even if you killed the target while she was on the balcony" - I had that one >_>

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1257 on: December 31, 2011, 09:12:15 AM »
I use magic a lot and even if you don't usually use magic or don't plan on using magic, you should use some sort of fire spell on Draugr. It's REALLY effective. Dual wield flames or firebolt and you can kill them really easily.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #1258 on: December 31, 2011, 09:15:07 AM »
He's talking about not using magic in Morrowind, not Skyrim.

Speaking of Morrowind is it just me or is Tribunal a lot tougher than the main quest? Even the Goblins make Ash Vampires seem weak...

...my name is Araragi.

Offline ehra

« Reply #1259 on: December 31, 2011, 09:37:34 AM »
I never actually got around to doing the expansions, but as far as I know they're meant for characters that have already finished the main quest. So it wouldn't surprise me if the enemies are a lot stronger.