Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267530 times)

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #1155 on: December 10, 2011, 03:40:31 PM »
I'm up to about 135 hours played and I'm starting to burn out. Now I need to hurry up and finish all the major stuff before I'm put the game down a while. :lol
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #1156 on: December 10, 2011, 03:47:18 PM »
Man, Markath is all screwed up. I just did the Forsworn conspiracy quest and, combined with another one I did, I'm pretty sure half of the NPCs have been cleared out of that city. What a den of corruption.

Too bad the Foresworn Conspiracy quest is broken-- now the guards try and arrest me all the time on "conspiracy" charges. Good thing they can't hurt me much through my daedric armor, though.

Gonna have to move out of Markath. I liked it at first, but me and the lady just find Whiterun to be cozier.

Yeah, I was drawn to it at first because it looked nice and it was out West, where I prefer to be, but there are serious issues going on there, and the guards say "wait a second, I know you, you're a wanted man" every 5 minutes.  I can talk them out of it, but it's still kind of annoying. 

Also, I don't know if you're at this point, but to get through the whole Forsworn Conspiracy you have to be arrested by the guards at some point so you can go to jail.  So it might not be "broken," so to speak.  Try letting them take you.

Also, FUCK.  I'm lonely, and I've been wearing the amulet hoping for a lady friend, and right now I am getting so much interest from drunken men, but absolute zero from the white women department. 

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1157 on: December 10, 2011, 04:25:21 PM »
Riften: Sketchiest city EVER.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1158 on: December 10, 2011, 04:50:06 PM »
You've obviously haven't gone to Markath.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1159 on: December 10, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »
You've obviously haven't gone to Markath.

I have. I really like it there. Riften is WAY sketchier.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #1160 on: December 10, 2011, 05:42:50 PM »
Anyone have a fugitive run up to you and give you something?  I couldn't figure out what they gave me, if anything at all.  Anyone have info on this?

I'm the opposite of Firey Winds, I'm level 34 and I just turned in the horn, and only because I wanted the pack space.  I wanted to get a lot of the side quests out of the way that way if I feel myself tiring of the game I can then beat it relatively quickly.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1161 on: December 10, 2011, 06:02:12 PM »
Yeah, I was drawn to it at first because it looked nice and it was out West, where I prefer to be, but there are serious issues going on there, and the guards say "wait a second, I know you, you're a wanted man" every 5 minutes.  I can talk them out of it, but it's still kind of annoying. 

Also, I don't know if you're at this point, but to get through the whole Forsworn Conspiracy you have to be arrested by the guards at some point so you can go to jail.  So it might not be "broken," so to speak.  Try letting them take you.

Yeah, finished it. The guards still say that, but when I tell them to "take me to jail" the dialog just resets back to the options you have when you first get arrested again.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #1162 on: December 10, 2011, 09:46:36 PM »
Finally bought this game today... hoping it will be patched for the PS3 by the time I get to play it

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1163 on: December 10, 2011, 09:58:17 PM »

Yeah, finished it. The guards still say that, but when I tell them to "take me to jail" the dialog just resets back to the options you have when you first get arrested again.

I still haven't finished The Forsworn Conspiracy for that reason.

Clearly you haven't been to Windhelm.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1164 on: December 11, 2011, 03:34:28 PM »

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1165 on: December 12, 2011, 07:01:27 AM »
Guys! I fucked up really bad.

Side note - my PS3 sits above my DVR. I tend to take disks out and leave them out if I know I will be using them again soon.

The other night, my girlfriend and I rented a movie called Premonition. The DVD itself was very dark and did not have much detail on it. I took out Skyrim, placed it on the front right cover of the DVR, and put the movie we rented in. After we were done, we decided to watch a movie from my personal collection. I took the movie we rented out of the PS3 and placed it on the front left corner of my DVR. After. Watched that, I drove her home. On the way to her house I realized I didn't grab the movie, (she usually returns it the next morning as the Blockbuster is right next to her house) which meant that I'd have to return it on my way home from school. So I woke up, put the movie in the case, went to school, returned it, got home, and then went to play Skyrim.

I'm sure you can guess what happened next.

Offline Jirpo

• DTF.org Member
  • :)
« Reply #1166 on: December 12, 2011, 07:03:42 AM »
:o :o :o

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1167 on: December 12, 2011, 07:19:46 AM »
Oh, man, I feel for ya. I did that once with Mass Effect.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1168 on: December 12, 2011, 08:21:49 AM »
Ok, cool. I found out how to fix the Forsworn Conspiracy glitch. Basically, when the guard  charges you for conspiracy after already completing the quest, open up the console tap (Using "`"), click on the guard, and type paygoldcrime (or something like that, google it if you're not sure) and hit enter. You'll be translated to a random place in Markath, and then it'll be over.

Make sure you have a couple thousand gold. The guard took like 2,500 from me, I think...

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1169 on: December 12, 2011, 04:46:26 PM »
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1170 on: December 12, 2011, 04:49:28 PM »
This is pretty cool! Play Skyrim as Arnold, Spartacus, Ned Stark, Leonidas.

https://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1214447p1.html
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1171 on: December 12, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »
This is pretty cool! Play Skyrim as Arnold, Spartacus, Ned Stark, Leonidas.

https://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1214447p1.html

I want to see a Lebowski mod complete with bath robe.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1172 on: December 12, 2011, 06:47:23 PM »

Side note - my PS3 sits above my DVR. I tend to take disks out and leave them out if I know I will be using them again soon.

The other night, my girlfriend and I rented a movie called Premonition. The DVD itself was very dark and did not have much detail on it. I took out Skyrim, placed it on the front right cover of the DVR, and put the movie we rented in. After we were done, we decided to watch a movie from my personal collection. I took the movie we rented out of the PS3 and placed it on the front left corner of my DVR. After. Watched that, I drove her home. On the way to her house I realized I didn't grab the movie, (she usually returns it the next morning as the Blockbuster is right next to her house) which meant that I'd have to return it on my way home from school. So I woke up, put the movie in the case, went to school, returned it, got home, and then went to play Skyrim.

Can you get it back? That sucks, man.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1173 on: December 12, 2011, 06:55:24 PM »

Can you get it back? That sucks, man.

Yeah, I called them immediately. I got charged a late fee, but I was happy I got it back.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1174 on: December 12, 2011, 09:15:42 PM »
lol @ not putting discs back into their cases

this is your fault for being lazy. lesson learned.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1175 on: December 12, 2011, 09:26:25 PM »
Seriously. My little brother used to get hell for doing that to my games :D.

Kosmo

« Reply #1176 on: December 13, 2011, 05:09:16 AM »
I used to be that little brother.  :lol But I've learned my lesson as I got a bit older.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1177 on: December 13, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »
Ugh. My old flat mate was TERRIBLE for not putting my games/films back in their cases when she took them out of my PS3.

Seriously, I really hate it when people just leave my discs lying around.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1178 on: December 13, 2011, 02:11:34 PM »
Finally got Smithing to 100 and crafted my Dragonplate armor. The Daedric one looks better, but bitch, I'm a dragonborn!

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1179 on: December 13, 2011, 02:18:29 PM »
So I currently have a bad ass mage with all magic at 100 and perks up. All master and expert spells as well. Loving it but I want to create two other characters because this one is really evil.

Gonna create Tim Tebow and get my shield up so i can bash and fight without magic. Also going to only try good quests and no DB, TG, etc. Should be interesting.

Then I was thinking about a stealth girl character. Not sure who it should be though yet...

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1180 on: December 13, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »
I'm taking a break for an undetermined amount of time.  SW:TOR is going to be keeping me VERY busy.   :laugh:

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #1181 on: December 13, 2011, 02:32:52 PM »
I never had a chance to play this game, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

I've been playing it in the hospital ever since.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1182 on: December 13, 2011, 04:12:41 PM »
So I currently have a bad ass mage with all magic at 100 and perks up. All master and expert spells as well. Loving it but I want to create two other characters because this one is really evil.

Gonna create Tim Tebow and get my shield up so i can bash and fight without magic. Also going to only try good quests and no DB, TG, etc. Should be interesting.

Then I was thinking about a stealth girl character. Not sure who it should be though yet...

My character is Tim Tebow, noob.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #1183 on: December 13, 2011, 07:16:01 PM »
Would Tim Tebow conjure evil creatures?

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1184 on: December 15, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »
Do dragon armor and daedric armor have the same armor rating?

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #1185 on: December 15, 2011, 04:22:51 PM »
Do dragon armor and daedric armor have the same armor rating?

Daedric is better. However, it doesn't matter with perks.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1186 on: December 15, 2011, 04:23:45 PM »
Dragon armor is very slightly weaker. Though if you know how to work the system when you're improving your armor it doesn't really matter because you can reach the maximum armor rating with pretty much everything.

Offline ehra

« Reply #1187 on: December 16, 2011, 11:38:59 AM »
Someone made a multiplayer mod. Looks terrible (armor and weapons don't load so other players look naked. They also don't show any animations, so they just glide around), but it's a start I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkKQYRRfAoA&feature=related

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #1188 on: December 19, 2011, 03:22:27 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the first to raise this concern, but I think the amount of immortal NPCs in this game is really irritating.  Of course, it would suck to accidentally kill the wrong guy and ruin an important quest, but there are immortals everywhere, and it's really annoying to have to deal with them when you're trying to break the law and you can't kill all of your witnesses because some of them are incapable of dying.  I think that either making it arbitrarily difficult to kill an essential character (but still possibly) so that you know that what you're doing is going to ruin a quest and still continue to do it, or just having it so that when you've wounded them they are too "scared" to report you and are eliminated as witnesses would do a lot of good for the game. 

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #1189 on: December 19, 2011, 03:40:29 PM »
Screw that, just let them die.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.