Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267384 times)

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #875 on: November 24, 2011, 05:26:47 AM »
Two women playing a combination of the Morrowind and Skyrim themes on piano and violin.  It's amazing!  :hefdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAnQQcIncq0&feature=player_embedded#!

Beast mode engaged

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #876 on: November 24, 2011, 10:14:38 AM »
Goddammit, it's holiday weekend and I can't play any Skyrim because I'm at my parents. I've gotten so desperate I'm gonna try running it on my laptop.

Also, yesterday I had the house to myself so I hooked my PC up to our 42" LCD screen. Oh lord so many buckets were come.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #877 on: November 24, 2011, 12:38:26 PM »
Goddammit, it's holiday weekend and I can't play any Skyrim because I'm at my parents. I've gotten so desperate I'm gonna try running it on my laptop.

OH MY GOD YES IT WORKS

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #878 on: November 24, 2011, 12:39:22 PM »
Finally back home, finally get to pop this bitch in. :hat
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #879 on: November 24, 2011, 03:31:33 PM »
Main quest = done.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #880 on: November 24, 2011, 05:18:17 PM »
I'm so far behind everyone according to the main quest. This is cool and that means many more gaming hours to come.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #881 on: November 24, 2011, 06:59:33 PM »
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #882 on: November 24, 2011, 07:16:10 PM »
I'm so far behind everyone according to the main quest. This is cool and that means many more gaming hours to come.

I still have yet to touch it beyond killing the first dragon ;)

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #883 on: November 24, 2011, 07:39:22 PM »

I still have yet to touch it beyond killing the first dragon ;)
I've done probably 3 or 4 objectives past that.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #884 on: November 24, 2011, 08:40:32 PM »
Did the second quest where you take on the silver hand last night. Where you go out near Riften. I was really underwhelmed. Compared to the first Silver Hand quest right after you become a werewolf? It was just one room with like 3 enemies.

Kosmo

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #886 on: November 25, 2011, 12:37:50 AM »
Just finished the Storm Cloaks campaign. Gotta say, it was underwhelming. Did it even affect the world in any way? I can't tell.

This game is still awesome, but I'm starting to feel how it might not be AS awesome as some previous Bethesda titles (aside from obviously looking better).

Also, I think my save file is bugged. It crashes to my desktop all the time for no reason and with no warning message or anything.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:56:09 AM by Perpetual Change »

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #887 on: November 25, 2011, 12:51:56 AM »
This game rules. I've played 18 hours and I've only just started into my second city (Riften). Some guy in the bar called me a "milk drinker" so I beheaded him. Someone then offered me a job.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #888 on: November 25, 2011, 12:58:03 AM »
This game rules. I've played 18 hours and I've only just started into my second city (Riften). Some guy in the bar called me a "milk drinker" so I beheaded him. Someone then offered me a job.

I really am going to kill that guy who asks you if you've been to the Cloud District and then says "Of course you haven't!" next time.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #889 on: November 25, 2011, 12:59:36 AM »
I wonder if shouting in his face would prove your point. He probably wouldn't even understand the imminent doom you had prevented earlier.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #890 on: November 25, 2011, 01:02:12 AM »
Maybe. Kinda sick of this "story" character though. I don't feel like the character I just finished the Rebellion with is really worth getting into the "Dragonborn" stuff with. He's just a pissed off Nord who kills other races.

I kinda want to get into my thief character, and then maybe even try a mage.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #891 on: November 25, 2011, 01:07:04 AM »
I don't even both with story character stuff. This game reminds me of a MUD (points for anyone who even know what I'm talking about) I used to play and I spent all of my time worrying about stats and leveling than being in character. 

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #892 on: November 25, 2011, 01:23:10 AM »
It sucks that doing Fus ro dah in someone's face attracts the guards. :(

Kosmo

« Reply #893 on: November 25, 2011, 03:00:09 AM »
Fus ro dah is so yesterday, Whirlwind Sprint rank three is where it's at.  :hat :hat

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #894 on: November 25, 2011, 05:48:40 AM »
Fus ro dah is so yesterday, Whirlwind Sprint rank three is where it's at.  :hat :hat

I've never used whirlwind in combat, should I?

Kosmo

« Reply #895 on: November 25, 2011, 05:59:50 AM »
Meh, I don't think so. I never remember to use shouts in combat anyway.  :lol

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #896 on: November 25, 2011, 08:12:30 AM »
Me either :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #897 on: November 25, 2011, 09:35:35 AM »
Just finished the Storm Cloaks campaign. Gotta say, it was underwhelming. Did it even affect the world in any way? I can't tell.
I finished it with the Empire and I didn't see that it affected the game either. Not even the Jarl of Solitude, which is suppose to be the wife of the murdered High King of Skyrim, says something different after crushing the rebellion.

That was a bit disappointing.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Kosmo

« Reply #898 on: November 25, 2011, 10:06:02 AM »
More nords.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #899 on: November 25, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »
I don't even both with story character stuff. This game reminds me of a MUD (points for anyone who even know what I'm talking about) I used to play and I spent all of my time worrying about stats and leveling than being in character.

Really? I have a hard time playing if I don't have at least some kind of backstory for my character.

And o/ for MUDs, I used to be a hardcore player back in the day.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #900 on: November 25, 2011, 11:37:42 AM »
Main quest = done.
How much hours did you guys put into the game before you finished the main quest?

I was around 70:12.

Kosmo

« Reply #901 on: November 25, 2011, 11:50:08 AM »
About 65.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #902 on: November 25, 2011, 12:24:21 PM »

Really? I have a hard time playing if I don't have at least some kind of backstory for my character.

And o/ for MUDs, I used to be a hardcore player back in the day.

*\o

The one I was apart of consumed my life for a few years. Easily the most well thought out, detailed game I've ever played, text or not. Skyrim reminds me of one of the worlds so I'm getting into it quicker than I thought.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #903 on: November 25, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »
I don't make a backstory or anything like that either. I tried once and it lost out to my urge to do whatever I felt like at any given time without having to worry about how my character would act.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #904 on: November 25, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »
Bretons WERE the master race until Skyrim. +50 Magicka was enough to get my dick hard. Now? Either Nord, Dunmer or something with a passive bonus that doesn't blow penis (Arglolians).

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #905 on: November 25, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
I don't make a backstory or anything like that either. I tried once and it lost out to my urge to do whatever I felt like at any given time without having to worry about how my character would act.
Yeah, I don't do this either. I just do what I want, when I want. I don't want to be tied into what would be out of character or not. 

Kosmo

« Reply #906 on: November 25, 2011, 02:49:38 PM »
My character was supposed to be lawful and good, but that sort of fell apart with me sacrificing people on daedra altars, torturing priests and whatnot.

Offline ehra

« Reply #907 on: November 25, 2011, 03:10:12 PM »
I usually play Imperials for the talky/magic, Orcs for the melee, and Dunmer because Morrowind. I might go Nord for Skyrim, but I do enjoy my Imperial guys.

Kosmo

« Reply #908 on: November 25, 2011, 03:12:27 PM »
nord 4 lyfe son  :hat :hat

Offline ehra

« Reply #909 on: November 25, 2011, 03:21:50 PM »
https://kotaku.com/5862623/a-half-dozen-people-petition-white-house-to-round-up-all-copies-of-skyrim-outlaw-and-burn-them

A Tennessee man kicked off a White House petition on Thanksgiving urging the President of the United States to ban The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for "the safety of America's youths."

So far he has five backers, and only 24,994 more digital signatures to go to meet his goal.

Confused? Let me explain. The official website for the White House now includes the ability for anyone 13 or older who lives in the U.S. to start a petition about literally anything and try to garner the President's attention with it. The result has been... interesting?

While there are legitimate petitions about legitimate issues on the site, there are also plenty of out-of-left field, and downright crazy ones. Maybe even some jokes. I'm not sure where this one falls, but I'm hoping it's just a joke. Heck, maybe it's linked to the christian satire article that Luke wrote about earlier today.

Here's the full petition in all of its glory:

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Immediately Ban the Deadly Videogame Known as "SkyRim" for The Safety of America's Youths.
Whereas videogaming has proven to cause social, ethical and health problems in people of all ages,

Whereas sexual perversion and homosexuality are threatening to destroy the Christian foundations on which this nation was built,

Whereas a new video game has just been created that far exceeds any others in the psychological and spiritual damage it does to teens,

We, the American people, today ask you,

1) To enact an immediate ban on the videogame known as "SkyRim" produced by Blizzard Entertainment.

2) To seize and destroy all copies already in public hands and erase its presence on the internet.

3) To prosecute the players of "SkyRim" to the fullest extent of the law.

4) To create a national database of videogame avatars and "screen names" so that teenagers can be better monitored.