Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267366 times)

Offline TheMadgician

Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #665 on: November 18, 2011, 01:31:40 PM »
Wow, I suck at this game. I can't even figure out how to talk to that blacksmith without gettig my ass destroyed.

On the ps3? When you walk up to him there should be an option to hit x to talk to him. So you hit x, and you talk to him. It gets a little tricky, but I believe in you.

That said, fuck Bandit Chiefs. Normal Bandits? Take on like 10 at a time, no problem. Bandit Outlaw? Tougher, but not bad. Bandit Thug? I can take them one on one. Two is a bit hard, but with some clever playing. Chief? Fuck that. I saved my level up and did that mid fight to refill my health and still almost died.  So then they throw three thugs at me and a chief at once. Fuck that noise.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #666 on: November 18, 2011, 02:00:52 PM »
Dimitrius I think that it's someone else unless the character from Oblivion became immortal, the events of Skyrim take place 200 years after Oblivion.
Yeah, I know. Or you could say Shivering Isles wasn't canon. I just thought it was a bit interesting.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #667 on: November 18, 2011, 02:09:32 PM »
@Snapple: That is an upcoming mod. I can't wait.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #668 on: November 18, 2011, 02:16:28 PM »
@Snapple: That is an upcoming mod. I can't wait.

Just dumped a shit load of tits on /v/ and I found that out. While guys are arguing about what is a good game, I'm posting like some gentlemen while posting tits. LOL.

It looks so much easier to navigate.

Kosmo

« Reply #669 on: November 18, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »
Yeah, woah. I think I just broke the game, using enchanting and blacksmithing potions and items with +enchanting and blacksmithing I created a daedric waraxe that does a good 220 damage.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #670 on: November 18, 2011, 02:26:53 PM »
Yeah, woah. I think I just broke the game, using enchanting and blacksmithing potions and items with +enchanting and blacksmithing I created a daedric waraxe that does a good 220 damage.

Screeen shot. If Failbox360 or PhuckingSucks3, use a celllll phone

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #671 on: November 18, 2011, 02:33:42 PM »
Failbox 360 and PhuckingSucks3? What is this, middle school?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Kosmo

« Reply #672 on: November 18, 2011, 02:37:08 PM »
https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/screenshot2po.png/

Here's to hoping it works, first time uploading anything to imageshack.

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #673 on: November 18, 2011, 02:53:42 PM »
Wow nice!

I am leveling both smithing and enchanting as well, hope I get something like that.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #674 on: November 18, 2011, 03:34:49 PM »
Some noob questions before I get started (Hopefully will get the game this weekend).

1) What are the benefits of marriage?
2)What are the different organizations you can join? (i.e. dark brotherhood I know is one).
3)Any good mods I should get?
4) Do you learn spells by finding scrolls or buying them? I plan to be mostly a magic user.
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #675 on: November 18, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »
:lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #676 on: November 18, 2011, 03:41:12 PM »
Some noob questions before I get started (Hopefully will get the game this weekend).

1) What are the benefits of marriage?
2)What are the different organizations you can join? (i.e. dark brotherhood I know is one).
3)Any good mods I should get?
4) Do you learn spells by finding scrolls or buying them? I plan to be mostly a magic user.
1) If your spouse already owns a house then you don't need to buy one.
2) The Companion's Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Thieve's Guild, College of Winterhold
3)Don't know
4) Both

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #677 on: November 18, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »
Thanks a lot.

Can you join multiple organizations?
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #678 on: November 18, 2011, 04:02:04 PM »
Yes.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #679 on: November 18, 2011, 04:51:08 PM »
Slightly redid the song I had made earlier, and added voiceovers/sound effects from the game itself :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkvNXpN8FQA

Would appreciate likes/comments :tup

FUS RO DAH!!
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #680 on: November 18, 2011, 06:01:43 PM »
Well, the Repairing the Phial quest is glitched.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #681 on: November 18, 2011, 06:34:08 PM »
Alright, all this hype has made me really want Skyrim. Good thing Christmas is only about a month away and all the major problems should be fixed by then.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #682 on: November 18, 2011, 06:36:28 PM »
Alright, all this hype has made me really want Skyrim. Good thing Christmas is only about a month away and all the major problems should be fixed by then.

L
O
L

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #683 on: November 18, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »
I'm sure wherever Todd Howard is right now, he's blushing at your remark.

"No really, please, don't flatter me."
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #684 on: November 18, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »
PC...more like Pretty Crap.

Mac...more like Cack...

TO THE AMERICANS: "CACK" IS LIKE A NON-OFFENSIVE WAY OF SAYING SOMETHING IS NOT VERY GOOD (I almost said "something that's rubbish" lolbritishwords)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #685 on: November 18, 2011, 06:53:16 PM »
Dude, you played Fallout 3, you know that's so wrong!

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #686 on: November 18, 2011, 06:56:11 PM »
I can dream.  :(
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #687 on: November 18, 2011, 06:57:45 PM »
PC...more like Pretty Crap.

Mac...more like Cack...

TO THE AMERICANS: "CACK" IS LIKE A NON-OFFENSIVE WAY OF SAYING SOMETHING IS NOT VERY GOOD (I almost said "something that's rubbish" lolbritishwords)
Suck my not very good.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #688 on: November 18, 2011, 07:02:17 PM »
The only quest glitch I've encountered is that I'm stuck with an item that I'm supposed to deliver to someone who I killed during another quest.  Can't deliver it, can't remove it from inventory, nothing.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #689 on: November 18, 2011, 07:06:35 PM »
I'm having a glitch with becoming the thane of Winterhold. I've retrieved the helmet of Winterhold for him, and he said he would make me a thane if I help the people. Have a misc quest saying "Help 3 citizens of Winterhold" that I am trying to do.

I am currently at 2/3. I got 1 for helping the inn collect a guy's tab, a second one for stealing a staff for a dark elf. The third quest appears to be determining what became of a local's lost love. I've determined her fate and completed that quest, yet I am still only at 2/3. There don't appear to be any other quests for Winterhold.

...my name is Araragi.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #690 on: November 18, 2011, 07:24:54 PM »
I'm having a glitch with becoming the thane of Winterhold. I've retrieved the helmet of Winterhold for him, and he said he would make me a thane if I help the people. Have a misc quest saying "Help 3 citizens of Winterhold" that I am trying to do.

I am currently at 2/3. I got 1 for helping the inn collect a guy's tab, a second one for stealing a staff for a dark elf. The third quest appears to be determining what became of a local's lost love. I've determined her fate and completed that quest, yet I am still only at 2/3. There don't appear to be any other quests for Winterhold.

This is regarding Isabelle, right?  Did you return the note to Ranmir?  Unfortunately, those are the only three available tasks for becoming the thane.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #691 on: November 18, 2011, 07:42:23 PM »
I just picked up the game a few hours ago. So far I'm really loving it. Much, much more then Oblivion.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #692 on: November 18, 2011, 07:58:03 PM »
The one I'm having with Repairing the Phial is that the game doesn't recognize that I have a Briar Heart (which you need for the quest, but I had before I took the quest), I've already gotten the other 2 items that I need and even went to the Forsworn camp the quest shows to get another Briar Heart... still nothing. No option to give Quintus the other 2 items, no nothing.

In other news, I decided to go to Markarth and not 5 seconds after I arrived a dude comes and stabs a woman dead. lolwut
But the architecture here is breathtaking! Especially where Understone Keep is.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:04:34 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #693 on: November 18, 2011, 09:50:50 PM »
So I never slept once prior to getting werewolf'd. What are these "bonuses" I'm missing out on?

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #694 on: November 18, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »
So I never slept once prior to getting werewolf'd. What are these "bonuses" I'm missing out on?

Rested
Any bed
All skills improve 5% faster for 8 hours

Well Rested
Any bed you own or rent
All skills improve 10% faster for 8 hours

Lover's Comfort
Sleep in the same location as your spouse
All skills improve 15% faster for 8 hours

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #695 on: November 18, 2011, 10:48:20 PM »
Hmm I see. Thanks.

Kosmo

« Reply #696 on: November 19, 2011, 02:45:35 AM »
I think I'm just gonna get rid of this axe, I'm killing giants with one power attack and elder dragons with like three.

edit: I just threw the difficulty to Expert and things seem a lot more balanced again.  :) Also Blackreach is a stunning area.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:19:25 AM by Kosmo »

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #697 on: November 19, 2011, 05:45:32 AM »
Wow, I suck at this game. I can't even figure out how to talk to that blacksmith without gettig my ass destroyed.

On the ps3? When you walk up to him there should be an option to hit x to talk to him. So you hit x, and you talk to him. It gets a little tricky, but I believe in you.

I can't get close enough... Whenever I Approach the town, the music gets really dramatic and everyone starts attacking me... They yell things like "we don't take kindly to your kind" and "you'll never leave Skyrim alive"

Edit*

Found this online

"Once you arrive at the village of Riverwood, you will be directed to speak to Alvor, the local smith (if you chose to follow Hadvar during the flight from Helgen) or Gerdur (if you chose to follow Ralof). Explain your situation and he/she will recommend you seek out the Jarl of the region, Jarl Balgruuf the Greater at his palace, Dragonsreach. They will also offer you what assistance they can to get you started.
If you talk to Alvor, he will give you a mini-quest to learn smithing."

I don't have anyone traveling with me.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:52:24 AM by Chino »

Offline Edan the Man

• DTF.org Alumni
  • I got my special savin' the world boots on
« Reply #698 on: November 19, 2011, 06:00:18 AM »
When you were escaping the dragon attack, there was someone with you going through the caves and stuff. It's talking about that person.

And what the hell did you do to get the town to attack you, they don't just do that for no reason :rollin

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #699 on: November 19, 2011, 06:02:27 AM »
When you were escaping the dragon attack, there was someone with you going through the caves and stuff. It's talking about that person.

And what the hell did you do to get the town to attack you, they don't just do that for no reason :rollin

I was following Hadvar. After we escaped some tunnels he said he thought we should split up, but told me to find the blacksmith and say that he sent me. I did nothing to the town, my first time approaching I was slaughtered. Happens every time I go back