Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267440 times)

Kosmo

Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #630 on: November 18, 2011, 07:55:48 AM »
I "only" have about 17k gold, but probably stuff worth 2k in my inventory.
It sucks to sell stuff and only get 60-70% of what the value says, is this 100% bound to how I spend points in the Speech-tree?
Pretty much, yeah.

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #631 on: November 18, 2011, 08:16:29 AM »
What is wrong with you people!?! Imperials?

Stormcloaks FTW (though I am 95% sure the leader has some grand alternate objective.  I honestly hope to lead the rebellion and at the last moment when he turns kill his selfish ass and take over as the leader of the Stormcloaks)

edit...i just realized how ironic I was to call him "selfish" after I am clearly vying for the position myself  :lol

Sweet Jesus, I'm not sure I can take out the frost troll on the way to High Hrothgar.

I used the shout that slowed down time for that fight.  When it was on cooldown I just put on my light gear and ran around.  Equipped heavy gear again, shouted, and got my hits in.  Did that about 5 times and he was down.  I had to leave Lydia behind because the troll always 1-2 shot her.

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #632 on: November 18, 2011, 08:19:50 AM »
I "only" have about 17k gold, but probably stuff worth 2k in my inventory.
It sucks to sell stuff and only get 60-70% of what the value says, is this 100% bound to how I spend points in the Speech-tree?
Pretty much, yeah.

The worst is when you accidentally sell a high price item and want to buy it back; you sold it for cheap and you have to buy it back for higher than original.  That's some f'ed up bartering.  Next time that happens I think I will just kill the merchant (I love how I can say that and actually do it in this game...)

EDIT --- WHOA, marriage is available?!  There is only one person I would do this with, my protector and extra carrying space: Lydia.  I am so doing this.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:26:41 AM by soundgarden »

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #633 on: November 18, 2011, 08:23:02 AM »
Don't get me started on that.  :lol

Really hope that I can get to the second event in Windhelm, really want to be able to buy the house there.
I also LOVE minor details in this game such as hidden doors in wardrobes, the way in to the Thieves-guild's place (if you know which one I'm talking about with the statue and the button), and things like that.

I know the house in Windhelm has the hidden room, but does any of the other purchasable houses have any hidden rooms or anything like that?

Offline soundgarden

« Reply #634 on: November 18, 2011, 08:31:53 AM »
I've been somewhat focusing on the main quest lines (the rebellion and the Dragon shouts) and I realize I am missing out on a lot.  So I am not doing any of those and gonna try to finish all the quests in my "Misc" list.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #635 on: November 18, 2011, 08:34:17 AM »
I've been somewhat focusing on the main quest lines (the rebellion and the Dragon shouts) and I realize I am missing out on a lot.  So I am not doing any of those and gonna try to finish all the quests in my "Misc" list.
You shall never end! :lol

I've learned 14 of the 24 Shouts, mastered only 5 of them. It's getting pretty hard to get to a Word Wall alone now, those Blood Dragons are everywhere now!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #636 on: November 18, 2011, 08:37:40 AM »
Man, I can run this game on medium (with some things set to low) fine, but the second I get in a fate with a bunch of mages it's over. I swear, their spells me me lag so bad that I'm starting to think that's the desired affect they're supposed to have on my character. "You think you're strong? Take this fireball of lag!"

Kosmo

« Reply #637 on: November 18, 2011, 08:48:28 AM »

Stormcloaks FTW
Yep, much more appealing faction in my opinion. But then again Nords have always been my favorite race in the series so I always root for them.  :lol

I did all the Stormcloak quests too, it's great to see those little maps with all blue flags.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #638 on: November 18, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »
MORE LIKE...THE STORMJOKES

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #639 on: November 18, 2011, 08:53:07 AM »
I don't quite get how one can feel sympathy with the Imperials, they're the bad guys.  :\

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #640 on: November 18, 2011, 08:53:34 AM »
Bitch, the Imperials are lead by Saul motherfucking Tigh!! That's all I need!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Kosmo

« Reply #641 on: November 18, 2011, 08:59:13 AM »
I don't quite get how one can feel sympathy with the Imperials, they're the bad guys.  :\
You do get a bit of insight into their reasons with the quests and at the end of it I didn't completely hate them.

But they aren't badass Nords, so fuck 'em.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #642 on: November 18, 2011, 09:01:41 AM »

It's not so cut and dry, though. A good number of Stormcloacks are racist asses who think that outsiders have no business in in their land. I haven't made it too far in the game yet, but from where I stand now it does look like the Stormcloacks are the more dickish of the two factions. Most of their leaders just seem to be out for blood. I'm siding with them because that's the game I want to play with my Nord character, but they really seem less civilized than the Imperials.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #643 on: November 18, 2011, 09:17:06 AM »

It's not so cut and dry, though. A good number of Stormcloacks are racist asses who think that outsiders have no business in in their land.
You could say this about every citizen of Skyrim, though. Sexism and racism are rampant on the NPCs.

Offline HarlequinForest

« Reply #644 on: November 18, 2011, 09:34:47 AM »

Stormcloaks FTW (though I am 95% sure the leader has some grand alternate objective.  I honestly hope to lead the rebellion and at the last moment when he turns kill his selfish ass and take over as the leader of the Stormcloaks)

From what I can tell somewhat early in the game, Imperials are much more capitalistic, so it will be beneficial for me as a thief for them to succeed.  Ultimately, I side only with myself!

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #645 on: November 18, 2011, 09:45:07 AM »
So because I've been jonesing so hard for Skyrim (I'm still saving up some extra scrilla to get it...and a pc that can run it well....or an xbox 360...or a ps3  :blush) I decided to dust off the 'ol xbox and roll a new toon on Morrowind.  Made a Bosmer Archer/Hunter/Thief/Assasin type guy w/ a little Alteration, Illusion and Mysticism thrown in for good measure.  Had to give that fool Foryn Gilnith a few arrows to the face after he called me an N'wah for calling him out on murdering Processus Vitellius or whatever.  Anybody wanna talk Morrowind?

Anybody? 

:crickets:

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #646 on: November 18, 2011, 10:53:35 AM »
Started playing Skyrim again (sorry Ryzee!) and decided to get going on the main mission. Killed the dragon at the watch tower and am now Greybeard bound.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Kosmo

« Reply #647 on: November 18, 2011, 11:11:37 AM »
Fuck those lich wizard things, hardest monster in the game yet.

Now my companion has fully upgraded dragon armor and a fully upgraded daedric weapon, and he still doesn't look happy.  :(

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #648 on: November 18, 2011, 11:12:28 AM »
So I caved and bought Skyrim today. It's installing now. I don't know what to expect, I usually never play rpg style games, except Pokemon.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #649 on: November 18, 2011, 11:13:36 AM »
I swear to god if you name your character Jake Sully I am going to cry.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #650 on: November 18, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »
I swear to god if you name your character Jake Sully I am going to hunt you down without mercy, hunt you down all nightmare long
Fix for me.

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #651 on: November 18, 2011, 11:23:45 AM »
Started playing Skyrim again (sorry Ryzee!) and decided to get going on the main mission. Killed the dragon at the watch tower and am now Greybeard bound.

Ha it's cool dude it was mainly just a self-depricating post.  I guess the post could have just been "Hi I'm jelly of all you guys playing Skyrim as I sit playing Morrowind in a puddle of my own tears."

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #652 on: November 18, 2011, 11:30:52 AM »
I swear to god if you name your character Jake Sully I AM THE TABLE
Fix for me.
Fix'd due to current events

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #653 on: November 18, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #654 on: November 18, 2011, 11:43:30 AM »

I made a femal wood elf and named her Vega.

Side note:

I got this for PS3, why do the graphics look like shit? I'm at the intro scene where the guy gets beheaded and it looks terrible...

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: November 18, 2011, 11:45:39 AM »

Side note:

I got this for PS3, why do the graphics look like shit? I'm at the intro scene where the guy gets beheaded and it looks terrible...
Not everything can be directed by James Cameron, Chino.

But in all seriousness, the character models aren't the most beautiful thing ever, but oh man the landscape is. Head west first chance you get. That side of the map is one of the most beautiful areas I've seen in any video game.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #656 on: November 18, 2011, 11:48:31 AM »

Side note:

Not everything can be directed by James Cameron, Chino.

But in all seriousness, the character models aren't the most beautiful thing ever, but oh man the landscape is. Head west first chance you get. That side of the map is one of the most beautiful areas I've seen in any video game.

No one's feet are touching the ground.. They are all hovering about 6 inches. Isn't there suppose to be some kind of install for this game? Te box said it needed 5.5 gigs, but it installed in like 30 seconds and started right up.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #657 on: November 18, 2011, 11:49:33 AM »
Oh yeah, you are new to this whole Bethesda thing right? Yeah expect bugs. A lot of bugs.

Kosmo

« Reply #658 on: November 18, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
Hilarious bugs.

Offline lateralus88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #659 on: November 18, 2011, 12:01:19 PM »
I'm very partial to the randomly spinning in a bed glitch.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #660 on: November 18, 2011, 12:27:30 PM »

Now my companion has fully upgraded dragon armor and a fully upgraded daedric weapon, and he still doesn't look happy.  :(
I'm still trying to figure out how to upgrade armor!  :lol

And I haven't run into anything daedric-related yet, is that good?
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #661 on: November 18, 2011, 12:28:49 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out how to upgrade armor!  :lol
At workbenches. You will need the necessary ingot/leather depending on your armor (and the necessary skill level also).

EDIT: Just met Sheogorath... am I technically meeting my character from Oblivion here? I mean he was named the new Sheogorath at the end of Shivering Isles...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:36:30 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #662 on: November 18, 2011, 12:47:50 PM »
Wow, I suck at this game. I can't even figure out how to talk to that blacksmith without gettig my ass destroyed.

Kosmo

« Reply #663 on: November 18, 2011, 01:07:48 PM »
Dimitrius I think that it's someone else unless the character from Oblivion became immortal, the events of Skyrim take place 200 years after Oblivion.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #664 on: November 18, 2011, 01:29:28 PM »

Which mod is that?

Also, if I'm not mistaken (spoiler contained)...............

Didn't Ulfric kill a CHILD king? I could be hella wrong though.