Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 266936 times)

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #2485 on: December 12, 2014, 09:28:42 AM »
Wow. That looks really amazing, holy shit. Can't wait till it comes out.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2486 on: December 12, 2014, 09:29:31 AM »
I wish I could see it at work.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2487 on: May 31, 2016, 08:27:03 AM »
After put 75+ hours into Fallout 4, I needed a little change of pace and picked up skyrim again. Man I forgot how much I love this game and how deep it is.

I really hope we hear something about elder scrolls 6 at this year's E3 coming up.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2488 on: May 31, 2016, 08:29:01 AM »
After put 75+ hours into Fallout 4, I needed a little change of pace and picked up skyrim again. Man I forgot how much I love this game and how deep it is.

I really hope we hear something about elder scrolls 6 at this year's E3 coming up.

I really hope whatever it is, it has built in Playstation VR support.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2489 on: June 11, 2016, 06:54:09 PM »
So Skyrim Remastered including all the DLCs is something that's rumored to be revealed at E3.

Thoughts?

I sincerely hope it's not just a port for PS4 and Xbox One but a proper face lift for the PC.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2490 on: June 11, 2016, 07:16:29 PM »
I hated that the vampire DLC caused NPCs to be killed for good. I lost some good shopkeepers that way before I realized I could bring them back with commands.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2491 on: June 11, 2016, 07:22:43 PM »
I heard rumors that the development teams focus on this skyrim remaster caused Elder scrolls 6 to be pushed back a little. If that's the case, then I would much rather have elder scrolls 6.

Skyrim is awesome, no doubt, but I am ready to move on.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2492 on: June 12, 2016, 06:43:08 AM »
I agree with you Phoenix. However I think I'll still reinstall Skyrim, I haven't played in a while and I want to try some mods out.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2493 on: June 12, 2016, 07:07:06 AM »
I heard rumors that the development teams focus on this skyrim remaster caused Elder scrolls 6 to be pushed back a little. If that's the case, then I would much rather have elder scrolls 6.

Skyrim is awesome, no doubt, but I am ready to move on.
Yea I pretty much agree, it's been 5 years since release and there's now tons of enhancement mods and tools out to make the game look better than anything Bethesda can do to the game. Skyrim is one of those games that caught so much hype before and after release I mean think about all those memes, music covers, funny YT videos and everything that were created because of that game, pretty crazy. That feels to be in the past though and I think most people are ready to move on. Releasing a remaster feels like them just milking the last few drops and stalling because they aren't ready to reveal TES 6 yet.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline adace

« Reply #2494 on: June 12, 2016, 09:25:03 PM »
The remaster is officially set for Oct. 28th on PC, XB1 and PS4.

Footage starts at 3:15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF2Qw9BI6Rg

Definitely looking forward to this but at the same time I'm not nearly as excited as I was for the original.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #2495 on: June 12, 2016, 09:52:01 PM »
I love Skyrim but I honestly do not give a single shit about this at all.

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #2496 on: June 13, 2016, 01:36:09 AM »
I love Skyrim and I give plenty of shit to this. :metal (Wait, what?)

This is a good oppoturnity to get back into the game with a brand new character and try out all the DLC I didn't try the last time around. :tup
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2497 on: June 13, 2016, 05:50:33 AM »
Count me in for a repurchase!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2498 on: June 13, 2016, 06:14:28 AM »

Yup, one of the few games that is a no brainer repurchase for me.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2499 on: June 13, 2016, 06:22:57 AM »

Yup, one of the few games that is a no brainer repurchase for me.

Especially seeing as no longer have my PS3. This should hold me over until the next Red Dead Release. I was away camping all weekend and can't access anything gaming at work. Has there been any mention of that franchise thus far?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2500 on: June 13, 2016, 06:33:10 AM »
If you own #Skyrim and all its add-ons or own Legendary Edition on Steam, you'll get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition on Oct 28
:metal

Online kaos2900

« Reply #2501 on: June 13, 2016, 06:38:26 AM »
I'll be getting this. Love the idea of starting a new character type.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2502 on: June 13, 2016, 06:42:08 AM »
If you own #Skyrim and all its add-ons or own Legendary Edition on Steam, you'll get a free upgrade to Skyrim Special Edition on Oct 28

Oh well, I guess I won't have to rebuy it.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2503 on: June 13, 2016, 09:13:30 AM »
sweet!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2504 on: June 13, 2016, 04:29:42 PM »
Quote from: Todd Howard
"[Elder Scrolls 6 is] kind of like the elephant in the room, always, when we talk about anything," Howard explained, "and you know, I think it's good in these moments to tell our fans yes, of course we are [working on it] - it's something we love - but it is... you know, I have to be careful what I say, it's a very long way off.

"I could sit here and explain the game to you, and you would say, 'That sounds like you don't even have the technology. How long is that going to take?' So it is something that's going to take a lot of time, what he have in mind for that game, and we actually have two other large projects we're also doing that are bigger than everything we've done. People will probably hear about those even before Elder Scrolls 6. That'll make sense many years from now.
Sounds like we won't see TES 6 in atleast 3-4 years if even that, but i'm not surprised, they have so many projects rolling currently and also to live up to the Behemoth in success that Skyrim became, it's inevitable that you take your time with it. Cool to hear it's atleast in development.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:20:17 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2505 on: June 13, 2016, 05:35:37 PM »
Mods that do all of those things have been available for ages. Realistic snow and water? Really? The only reason I could see rebuying the game (console users, excluded) is for it all to be streamlined and trouble free. But this is Bethesda we're talking about! They never even fixed the bugs in the first version.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2506 on: June 14, 2016, 07:59:20 AM »
I love Skyrim but I honestly do not give a single shit about this at all.

Yea, I'm not sure what the point is besides xbox1 and ps4 users who want to play the game.  Especcially with Fallout 4 actively getting DLC (I know they are different games, but still very similar enough) then I don't see the point in repurchasing this game.  Although I'd have to check, I think I bought all but maybe one of the DLC.  I wonder if I just purchase that last one if I'd get the new game free.  Regardless, I don't even think I'll do that. 

Cool for everyone who will enjoy this though.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2507 on: June 14, 2016, 08:20:49 AM »
Well there are so many games I want to play that I should not buy this and replay it, I honestly can't see myself resisting. HYPE.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2508 on: June 20, 2016, 08:13:27 PM »
The more I think of it, even though Skyrim made boo koo bucks and it makes sense to choose it to remaster, I honestly would have loved to have seen a remaster of Morrowind instead. I feel like I just played Skyrim, even though it was a couple years ago. Morrowind on the other hand is a game I loved beyond words and would love to play through once again. Sure there's mods out there, but I really only play games on my PS4. Oh well.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2509 on: June 21, 2016, 06:30:19 AM »
The more I think of it, even though Skyrim made boo koo bucks and it makes sense to choose it to remaster, I honestly would have loved to have seen a remaster of Morrowind instead. I feel like I just played Skyrim, even though it was a couple years ago. Morrowind on the other hand is a game I loved beyond words and would love to play through once again. Sure there's mods out there, but I really only play games on my PS4. Oh well.

Gaming people of Reddit said that Morrowind was too old to be remastered easily. I don't know anything about game developing, but I guess Skyrim was designed for systems more similar to the PS4 and XB1 than Morrowind was. Morrowind could have been possible, but the effort required to do so wouldn't have made sense financially. They would have basically had to remake the game from scratch. At least that's what I've read.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2510 on: June 21, 2016, 07:21:58 AM »
You missing out on PC man  :)

https://tesrenewal.com/welcome-0

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2511 on: June 26, 2016, 03:54:23 PM »

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #2512 on: June 26, 2016, 04:33:54 PM »
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2513 on: August 23, 2016, 05:43:05 AM »
Enderal - Skyrim Total Conversion Review and Gameplay

Once I find time I will try to get this, looks cool!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2514 on: August 23, 2016, 07:37:04 AM »

Gaming people of Reddit said that Morrowind was too old to be remastered easily. I don't know anything about game developing, but I guess Skyrim was designed for systems more similar to the PS4 and XB1 than Morrowind was. Morrowind could have been possible, but the effort required to do so wouldn't have made sense financially. They would have basically had to remake the game from scratch. At least that's what I've read.

I'd love to play a remaster of morrowind. I never played more than an hour when it was released because my computer couldn't run it at the time. I recently tried to play it but I had some serious crashes so I moved onto Oblivion. I'll probably try to play Morrowind again soon.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #2515 on: August 23, 2016, 11:36:01 AM »
God yes, if any TES game gets a modern remake, it needs to be Morrowind.

It probably won't happen though, as they did away with levitation, and I would guess older games would be harder to port.

I still maintain that Morrowind was the best of the series.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2516 on: August 24, 2016, 07:52:46 AM »
I really enjoy that there aren't any quest markers for Morrowind, the game feels way more immersive.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2517 on: August 24, 2016, 08:11:10 AM »
I really enjoy that there aren't any quest markers for Morrowind, the game feels way more immersive.
I've only played Skyrim, but yeah, having quest markers for lost items always seemed silly. But I have to wonder, was Morrowind nearly as big as Skryim? Or did they at least give you clues? When you get tasked with finding Hroki's lost vibrator or something, it could be anywhere within 25 miles, and there are a lot of caves in Skyrim. If you don't have any point of reference, it'll just be one of dozens of radiants that don't get resolved until you've explored every inch of Skyrim.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2518 on: August 24, 2016, 10:49:51 AM »
I made a ninja. Black clothing and stealth kills all up in this bitch. Also she has a secret identity.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2519 on: October 26, 2016, 06:12:13 AM »
Pre-ordered the remaster last night. I didn't realize that as an Amazon Prime member you get 20% off a game if you pre-order. Score!

My girlfriend's latest semester for her masters degree started this week and she's completely swamped between work and schoolwork. I feel bad for her, but at the same time, I'm going to have a ton of free time to play  :hat