Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 582602 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread
« Reply #6790 on: December 21, 2022, 04:54:42 PM »
disregarding the cheesiness of the vid, I had a go at this album today.  Very solid.  Like, as good as the stuff Frontiers used to pump out 8-10 years ago.  Landfall / Two Strangers ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQfO0y-yU6Y

Tim hates it.
Wolf hates it to - but he hates all music lately.   :lol

Just dropped in to say Fuck me that was bad. :lol :lol :lol

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6791 on: December 21, 2022, 05:52:28 PM »
disregarding the cheesiness of the vid, I had a go at this album today.  Very solid.  Like, as good as the stuff Frontiers used to pump out 8-10 years ago.  Landfall / Two Strangers ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQfO0y-yU6Y

Tim hates it.
Wolf hates it to - but he hates all music lately.   :lol

Just dropped in to say Fuck me that was bad. :lol :lol :lol

I had to do something to bring you out of hiding!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6792 on: December 22, 2022, 12:50:13 AM »
 :rollin

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6793 on: January 12, 2023, 04:17:11 AM »
https://youtu.be/8MYrQPpwx2k

Pretty much Vanden Plas, but pretty damn good.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6794 on: January 12, 2023, 04:30:48 AM »

Nice.  I saw this announced a few weeks back, and have been patiently awaiting it.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6795 on: January 12, 2023, 10:33:56 PM »

The first song they released if you haven't heard it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqY55vucbAg
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6796 on: January 27, 2023, 09:00:06 AM »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6797 on: January 27, 2023, 10:16:10 AM »
Hey Kade!  New Issa today too!  :lol :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6798 on: January 27, 2023, 11:53:04 AM »

Her first, maybe second album were decent now its cookie cutter bullshit. Frontiers are tired.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6799 on: January 27, 2023, 12:43:37 PM »

Her first, maybe second album were decent now its cookie cutter bullshit. Frontiers Del Vechio is tired.

Fixed it for you  ;D

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6800 on: January 27, 2023, 12:45:35 PM »

Her first, maybe second album were decent now its cookie cutter bullshit. Frontiers Del Vechio is tired.

Fixed it for you  ;D

That is exactly the truth. I know they hired more writers but they should just sign more bands that actually write their own tunes.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6801 on: January 27, 2023, 01:01:05 PM »

Fixed it for you  ;D

That is exactly the truth. I know they hired more writers but they should just sign more bands that actually write their own tunes.

They've proved they can do it. They thankfully leave Phantom Elite alone.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6802 on: January 27, 2023, 02:57:56 PM »

Fixed it for you  ;D

Oh I know they do, Phantom Elite are one of their best bands for sure. I think the "Serafino projects" are just played out.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6803 on: January 27, 2023, 04:20:08 PM »
I’d say 3 out of every 10 releases is decent, and then 50% of those are worthy of repeat listens.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6804 on: January 28, 2023, 03:37:23 AM »

Her first, maybe second album were decent now its cookie cutter bullshit. Frontiers are tired.

They've been a mess for over 10 years now mate I'd say. 

I'd love to have some time to actually go back through their catalog and see where it actually started going wrong.  Del Vecchio is more than likely the culprit though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6805 on: January 28, 2023, 04:13:36 AM »
While we are here, how fucking shit is this?

https://youtu.be/9yCIB5O1kec

Solo is completely fucked too.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6806 on: January 28, 2023, 05:17:31 AM »
You know me, I like Romero's voice, but I couldn't be stuffed at all with this album.  Absolutely nothing about it appeals to me.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #6807 on: January 28, 2023, 03:15:28 PM »
While we are here, how fucking shit is this?

https://youtu.be/9yCIB5O1kec

Solo is completely fucked too.

Prime Z-list action right there. 😂

I felt they could have pushed the hot woman on a motorbike angle a bit harder, if I'm honest.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6808 on: February 03, 2023, 04:26:16 AM »
https://youtu.be/FIQnu29VqnE

Magnus, what are you doing?  This song is fucking shit and this singer is fucking terrible!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6809 on: February 03, 2023, 05:18:07 AM »
Yeah... vocally that was trash.

Offline Deathless

« Reply #6810 on: February 03, 2023, 07:13:50 AM »
Something I don't understand about Frontiers is when people (blabbermouth) say it's a "paycheck" for a lot of these artists. I get it for Del Vecchio and guys like Magnus who are basically employed by them or kept on retainer. But for a lot of artists they don't sell any physical albums and only rack up what, a few thousand streams? Where is the worth lol?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6811 on: February 24, 2023, 04:55:28 AM »
Another Magnus one.

https://youtu.be/9frckePrw4A

This is a bit more like it.  A bit over the top and poppy but this dude has a good voice.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6812 on: February 24, 2023, 04:58:33 AM »
Something I don't understand about Frontiers is when people (blabbermouth) say it's a "paycheck" for a lot of these artists. I get it for Del Vecchio and guys like Magnus who are basically employed by them or kept on retainer. But for a lot of artists they don't sell any physical albums and only rack up what, a few thousand streams? Where is the worth lol?

I don't know why I'd think this but I wouldn't be surprised if the record companies get the bands to sign a contract and the band just gets cut a pay check and any streaming royalties goes to the label?

Bigger bands like Primal Fear probably a bit different but I'm sure the contracts differ from artist to artist. 

I could be talking out my ass too though.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6813 on: February 24, 2023, 05:08:42 AM »
Another Magnus one.

This is a bit more like it.  A bit over the top and poppy but this dude has a good voice.

I grabbed that dude's solo release from 2021 ... was one of my favorite albums of the year.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6814 on: February 24, 2023, 09:19:57 AM »
Another Magnus one.

I grabbed that dude's solo release from 2021 ... was one of my favorite albums of the year.

Interesting. I found this when looking into it:

It is now James’ turn to shine completely with his debut solo record, which was written and produced for him by Frontiers’ production guru Alessandro Del Vecchio.

I'll try to check it out.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6815 on: February 24, 2023, 09:34:31 AM »
Every so often, ADV puts out something ... solid.  Only 90% of the stuff he/Frontiers does is utter shyte.  They definitely churn out the quantity - it just takes some effort and patience to find the quality ones.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #6816 on: February 24, 2023, 01:55:25 PM »

I don't know why I'd think this but I wouldn't be surprised if the record companies get the bands to sign a contract and the band just gets cut a pay check and any streaming royalties goes to the label?

Bigger bands like Primal Fear probably a bit different but I'm sure the contracts differ from artist to artist. 

Maybe it’s a Mafia money laundering scheme 😀😀

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6817 on: February 24, 2023, 02:15:31 PM »

Maybe it’s a Mafia money laundering scheme 😀😀

I have heard things from VERY reliable sources about that being a strong possibility which makes me think you know something as well. I am in no way confirming this or accusing them, its just eye opening to see this.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6818 on: February 24, 2023, 07:26:59 PM »

Maybe it’s a Mafia money laundering scheme

I have heard things from VERY reliable sources about that being a strong possibility which makes me think you know something as well. I am in no way confirming this or accusing them, its just eye opening to see this.

From an old post of mine  :lol

Dino (Jelusic) has some balls - those Frontiers guys just keep on coming if you get on their bad side.  I have wondered from time to time if their business model is just so amazing in a pretty dead genre or whether perhaps profits are secondary and it might be operating as a "laundry" for some other "legit" family businesses .   ;D

Funnily enough on the anniversary of this post Dino just released a new song dedicated to Frontiers called Reign Of Vultures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6qIVDza6lA
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 07:33:16 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Glasser

« Reply #6819 on: February 27, 2023, 07:25:27 PM »

Fixed it for you  ;D

Got a chance to hear this today!

Offline Deathless

« Reply #6820 on: March 13, 2023, 08:25:50 AM »
New Sweet & Lynch out today - Link

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6821 on: June 14, 2023, 06:12:02 AM »
This thread has been absent for a while .

You like Vega Kade..................new one :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfmJrQsFtu4

Pretty standard stuff and I don't follow them much , but to me it seems perhaps they're a bit more straight forward/upbeat since the Martin brothers left?

Anyway............props to the lead guitarist for playing the ESP LTD Deluxe Koa guitar (one of my faves) - they rock  :metal    He looks like has been studying Neal Schon in terms of his moves.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6822 on: June 14, 2023, 06:47:53 PM »
This thread has been absent for a while .

You like Vega Kade..................new one :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfmJrQsFtu4

Pretty standard stuff and I don't follow them much , but to me it seems perhaps they're a bit more straight forward/upbeat since the Martin brothers left?

Anyway............props to the lead guitarist for playing the ESP LTD Deluxe Koa guitar (one of my faves) - they rock  :metal    He looks like has been studying Neal Schon in terms of his moves.

I watched this last night.  I fucking love this band.  They are such a guilty pleasure of mine and I'm stunned they are back with a new one already.  Saying that, the last one didn't quite grab me but I'll have to revisit.  Pretty sure this will be the first one without the Martin boys though.....I could be wrong.

It's a great song but the chorus is a blatant rip off of Hardline's Fever Dreams lol.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6823 on: September 10, 2023, 07:44:16 PM »
So, as many know I'm probably Magnus Karlsson's biggest whipping boy on here which I'm not ashamed of.  Although, he's done so many albums one could forgive him for a slight drop in quality.  We have seen that with the likes of Allen/Lande, that Heart Healer crap and even his Freefall project.  I will say last years Ginevra album was pretty enjoyable and the last Ferryman album was really excellent so he's still got it.  Nothing comes close to the Battle but nothing will.

Saying all that, I'm absolutely loving the latest Freefall album.  I wasn't sold on the first single or two but on a whole, this album is fucking brilliant.  There's old school Last Tribe feels going on a lot and overall the songwriting is just interesting, fresh and while following his usual formula, it's still really catchy and getting lots of repeats from me with enough variety to stay interested.  In a time where I really don't buy CD's anymore, might have to hunt this one down.  It also gets better as the album goes on too.  The closer is one of the best songs he's done in a long long time.  I'd even say this may be the best thing since the first Freefall album or the third Allen/Lande album.  He's put a bit of effort into his solos too on this one which were getting pretty samey and you could tell lately he was just pulling out one or two take solos on a whim.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #6824 on: September 10, 2023, 10:14:58 PM »
Heart Heeler is pretty good. The only thing I don't like about the album is the overuse of a certain melody (vocal phrasing), which being a concept album could be on purpose, but just sounds repetitive and uncreative.