Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 572978 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
If only Tim was a dentist.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
hmm, impressive

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
hmm, more impressive

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim's back baby, pulp can move!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Too funny... that episode was on just the other night.

".... not to mention the Jews and the Blacks".  :lolpalm:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Oh wow, this is very impressive Tim......very impressive.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

http://bravewords.com/news/coheed-and-cambria-share-jessie-s-girl-2-feat-rick-springfield-music-video

Not sure how many of you visit the Coheed & Cambria page but this was posted there, but it deserves to be here due to the nature of the original.

I liked it. Damn, Rick must bathe in virgins' blood or something. The man never ages. I'd be interested in the concept of "sequels", depending on the songs of course.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The official Frontiers Factory thread v. but.......we expected so much more?! :(
« Reply #5962 on: September 15, 2020, 06:22:15 AM »
Supposedly H.E.A.T. and Crazy Lixx are touring OZ together in April/May - timing might be a bit ambitious but hopefully it comes off.  Reckon I would make an effort to see this one.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The official Frontiers Factory thread v. but.......we expected so much more?! :(
« Reply #5963 on: September 15, 2020, 06:25:46 AM »
Supposedly H.E.A.T. and Crazy Lixx are touring OZ together in April/May - timing might be a bit ambitious but hopefully it comes off.  Reckon I would make an effort to see this one.

Would be a good show.  Doubt they come up here though.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5964 on: September 15, 2020, 08:01:33 AM »

I always look for Brisbane now to see if you'll be  >:( >:(  :lol  and you're fine with this one.   Syd,Mel,Bris,Adel.

Question is whether any of them happen that early in 2021.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5965 on: September 15, 2020, 02:32:47 PM »

I always look for Brisbane now to see if you'll be  >:( >:(  :lol  and you're fine with this one.   Syd,Mel,Bris,Adel.

Question is whether any of them happen that early in 2021.

At least things are starting to ease slightly down there for you mate.  April isn't too far away but jeez you'd hope we'd be relatively back to some sort of normality again.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5966 on: September 15, 2020, 06:16:49 PM »
Yeah our curfew just went from 8pm to 9pm and allowed 2 hrs outdoors for exercise with one other person  :metal   ;D   All the substantial easing is in country Victoria.....   My business likely won't re-open til December (people in the same room) , so that'll be around 10 months  :eek   

I am sure things will be far better by April - if we don't have it smashed by then we'll just be like everyone else as it won't be economically possible.  Open (with distancing guidelines) and hoping for the best.

What that means for having crowds in small clubs I dunno though - I reckon that sort of thing will be one of the very last , even after large outdoor sports arenas as it's so much more contagious indoors.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 06:22:44 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5967 on: September 15, 2020, 06:44:57 PM »
Yeah our curfew just went from 8pm to 9pm and allowed 2 hrs outdoors for exercise with one other person  :metal   ;D   All the substantial easing is in country Victoria.....   My business likely won't re-open til December (people in the same room) , so that'll be around 10 months  :eek   

I am sure things will be far better by April - if we don't have it smashed by then we'll just be like everyone else as it won't be economically possible.  Open (with distancing guidelines) and hoping for the best.

What that means for having crowds in small clubs I dunno though - I reckon that sort of thing will be one of the very last , even after large outdoor sports arenas as it's so much more contagious indoors.

Yeah, that would definitely be very last on the list. DT just postponed again as expected.  Don't see them coming anytime soon truthfully.   

I'm not keeping that close track but thought things were easing a little more than that.  Why even bother extending a curfew by an hour for fucks sake.  Talk about taking the piss.  You would think your sort of business would be able to start ealier than most as there would only be you, the student and maybe a parent?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5968 on: September 15, 2020, 06:48:40 PM »

Yeah, that would definitely be very last on the list. DT just postponed again as expected.  Don't see them coming anytime soon truthfully.   

I'm not keeping that close track but thought things were easing a little more than that.  Why even bother extending a curfew by an hour for fucks sake.  Talk about taking the piss.  You would think your sort of business would be able to start ealier than most as there would only be you, the student and maybe a parent?

Yes, you would think..............  where they get me is with the underlying rule that if you can continue to work from home you must.  So they can say "Well you've been running it online , so you must continue to do so."   Doesn't account for the fact that , far more so than in the US (from speaking to teachers over there) , people around here place a super high value on face to face , which means my numbers are down 50%.

Like many I have been working my ass off learning new tech/software and investigating ways to improve the online experience because long term I think people are gonna hate being in a room with masks on even more.

Why even bother extending a curfew by an hour for fucks sake.  Talk about taking the piss.

yep  :\

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5969 on: September 15, 2020, 07:02:37 PM »

Yes, you would think..............  where they get me is with the underlying rule that if you can continue to work from home you must.  So they can say "Well you've been running it online , so you must continue to do so."   Doesn't account for the fact that , far more so than in the US (from speaking to teachers over there) , people around here place a super high value on face to face , which means my numbers are down 50%.

Like many I have been working my ass off learning new tech/software and investigating ways to improve the online experience because long term I think people are gonna hate being in a room with masks on even more.

Why even bother extending a curfew by an hour for fucks sake.  Talk about taking the piss.

yep

True.  The face to face experience would be so undervalued in what you are doing, I'm not surprised it's down by that much.

I think in general people are getting more and more adverse to the whole contact thing.  Regardless, even up here where the risk is so low, the fear and habit has been engrained in a lot of us that people are avoiding contact where they can.  I get it though, it makes sense but you wonder if after all this is over if we are looking at a new way of life.  I can see people opting more for online stuff mate over face to face, but who knows.  If you were able to get the percentage of business you had before by going online it would be more cost beneficial for you anyway.  But you are in a tricky situation, feel for you.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5970 on: September 15, 2020, 07:13:14 PM »
Yeah - I think this has fast tracked people's acceptance of online schooling and I have had a a few newbies join online this week . I know one very large school in the US has just decided they can't deal with the whole on/off thing and have gone 100% online permanently.  So it will become a thing - you just need to be ahead of the pack , which is why I have been slowly turning my teaching room at home into a mini video recording studio with switchers etc......to reduce the editing load and streamline things. This is all very new to me and the learning curve is immense.   One benefit I have is that most of my students are adults and they tend to be more able to pivot more quickly than the kids.   I have a longer term vision that involved online and this has all just fast tracked everything.......the real challenge is just to survive so it can be done.

Anyway...........hopefully I get to see H.E.A.T. in April  :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5971 on: September 15, 2020, 07:47:01 PM »
Sounds like getting ahead of the pack mate will be key.  Getting it right could even get other people interested that normally wouldn't take the plunge in going out and doing face to face lessons.

Share your setup when your done if you don't mind.  I want to get back into recording and maybe some more youtube vibs but haven't even looked into advances in equipment and whatnot yet.  Good luck to you.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5972 on: September 15, 2020, 08:11:48 PM »
No worries..............if I produce something decent I will let you know the detail  :biggrin:   At the moment it's very early days with half the equipment (ordered weeks, if not months ago) still floating around out there in Australia Post land somewhere.  ::)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5973 on: September 15, 2020, 08:41:36 PM »
No worries..............if I produce something decent I will let you know the detail  :biggrin:   At the moment it's very early days with half the equipment (ordered weeks, if not months ago) still floating around out there in Australia Post land somewhere.  ::)

lol yeah Australia Post.  Good luck mate, we're all backing you through this period.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5974 on: September 16, 2020, 03:40:34 AM »

lol yeah Australia Post.  Good luck mate, we're all backing you through this period.

^ This.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5975 on: September 16, 2020, 04:25:00 AM »
Yeah - I think this has fast tracked people's acceptance of online schooling and I have had a a few newbies join online this week . I know one very large school in the US has just decided they can't deal with the whole on/off thing and have gone 100% online permanently.  So it will become a thing - you just need to be ahead of the pack , which is why I have been slowly turning my teaching room at home into a mini video recording studio with switchers etc......to reduce the editing load and streamline things. This is all very new to me and the learning curve is immense.   One benefit I have is that most of my students are adults and they tend to be more able to pivot more quickly than the kids.   I have a longer term vision that involved online and this has all just fast tracked everything.......the real challenge is just to survive so it can be done.

I work as a percussion teacher and in april-july we closed down and only did teaching online. I mean trying to hear what my drum students where playing through their mobile or laptop mic was just...  :facepalm:
We bought in a mic but that didn't help me hearing them better, it just didn't work so I pretty much gave them homework and recorded a bunch of video lessons instead and used the video call to talk to them. It worked alright in the end but damn, you really start to appreciate the human interaction in teaching.
After the summer we opened up again and it's such a relief, hopefully it stays that way.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #5976 on: September 16, 2020, 04:31:25 AM »
I hope they bring that package to the UK. I'd be up for that.

Covid rules can't be any more confusing down there than in the UK. If you want people to obey stuff it has to be simple and clear and over here it's anything but. Boris is a complete prick.

Latest one is no gatherings of more than 6 people. Unless you go shooting grouse (a toff "sport") that's ok. And you can go to a pub or restaurant where there can be ten groups of six all together. madness.

The local music bar where I've seen Geoff Tate, Alcatrazz, Uli Roth before lockdown has reopened for gigs with seats at tables only. I can't see this being financially viable for bigger gigs. So far it's just been local bands.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5977 on: September 16, 2020, 05:31:35 AM »

I work as a percussion teacher and in april-july we closed down and only did teaching online. I mean trying to hear what my drum students where playing through their mobile or laptop mic was just...  :facepalm:
We bought in a mic but that didn't help me hearing them better, it just didn't work so I pretty much gave them homework and recorded a bunch of video lessons instead and used the video call to talk to them. It worked alright in the end but damn, you really start to appreciate the human interaction in teaching.
After the summer we opened up again and it's such a relief, hopefully it stays that way.

That would be frustrating.  When I was teaching slightly more advanced students, I found it beneficial to jam together in the same room and break down licks to show them and help the student with their improvising as they learn.  Would be hard to get that connection over the net.  It seems Brent has his techniques down though and sure he can counter those things the best way possible.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5978 on: September 16, 2020, 09:10:11 AM »

That would be frustrating.  When I was teaching slightly more advanced students, I found it beneficial to jam together in the same room and break down licks to show them and help the student with their improvising as they learn.  Would be hard to get that connection over the net.  It seems Brent has his techniques down though and sure he can counter those things the best way possible.
The human interaction is definitely a big thing I missed doing online but if I had a studio setup for the drums with a big screen infront of me the digital interaction from my POV would've been better but that wasn't possible financially. I'm not sure what's the solution to get better sound from the students POV without them paying alot of money for extra gear. It's not like you can demand a 10yo to buy a bunch of studio gear. Sure a better mic might help but even that is a big investment for some families. Then there's latency, we tried rehearsing with one of our orchestras on Zoom, yeaaa that didn't work.  :lol
Digital schooling is nice but if it's gonna be equivalent to let's say an ordinary instrument lesson then there's alot of things that has to be improved.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #5979 on: September 16, 2020, 01:12:15 PM »
I must admit that the lockdown hasn’t affected me much at all. I’m not a particularly social person and am quite happy at home.  A bit of a hermit really 😀

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5980 on: September 16, 2020, 07:20:53 PM »
I must admit that the lockdown hasn’t affected me much at all. I’m not a particularly social person and am quite happy at home.  A bit of a hermit really 😀

Im with ya, brother.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5981 on: September 17, 2020, 06:11:22 AM »
Fuck people.  Just not DTF people.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5982 on: September 17, 2020, 06:13:39 AM »
I was social distancing before it was cool.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5983 on: September 17, 2020, 06:38:15 AM »
I was social distancing before it was cool.

We had a cool thing going, now it's mainstream.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5984 on: September 17, 2020, 07:33:08 AM »
 :lol

I think we also might be the last group of people on earth who still listen to cds lol