Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 568496 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Primal Fear is the same as Saxon.....everything is either awesome or at least "solid".

I can follow that.

I've literally been listening to Biff Byford and Saxon since I was 12 or 13, so I do hold them as pretty spcial.

Musically, they are quite similar, especially over the last 10-15 years.

But my biggest issue is getting through an entire album with Ralf Sheepers. I just don't connect with his voice.

BUT...

Infinity is a freaking awesome song. Top 10 SOTY.

I'll look forward to checking this PF out then.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
One of the radio shows I grew up with........the one decent local show.......he used to play Tyran Pace - Night Of The Wolves all the time.  I liked it and never had any issue with Ralf's voice.   

I have only seen the very commercial sounding single from the new Primal Fear (can't even remember the name).  I remember the big mama of a microphone Ralf was using though  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Tyran Pace had some great tunes.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
One of the radio shows I grew up with........the one decent local show.......he used to play Tyran Pace - Night Of The Wolves all the time.  I liked it and never had any issue with Ralf's voice.   

I have only seen the very commercial sounding single from the new Primal Fear (can't even remember the name).  I remember the big mama of a microphone Ralf was using though  :lol

There was a new one posted last night that I check that had me rolling my eyes.  Their videos are fucking terrible too.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

There was a new one posted last night that I check that had me rolling my eyes.  Their videos are fucking terrible too.

I looked at that video with the white background and thought yeah................typical Frontiers crap but then noticed it was Nuclear Blast  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I looked at that video with the white background and thought yeah................typical Frontiers crap but then noticed it was Nuclear Blast  :lol

Funny that.  The singles are more Frontiers than ever but yeah Nuclear Blast now lol.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Italian progressive metal masters DGM will release their long awaited 10th studio album, “Tragic Separation” on October 9, 2020. It follows the band’s acclaimed release , “The Passage” from 2016.

DGM started writing new music in the spring of 2019, with the overall process taking almost one year. This was a longer writing process than normal for them since it was the band’s desire to push themselves beyond any boundaries set by their previous work. Truly no small feat given the band’s catalog. The end result is “Tragic Separation,” an album where the band ticks all the boxes of the Progressive Metal genre, but adds more and more of their own personal identity and approach.

Long-time fans need not worry as you can still find all the trademark elements of DGM’s sound with sweeping choruses, technical passages, lightning fast fretwork, big vocals, and bombastic transitions. But the care and dedication to the songwriting emerges in phenomenal songs which carefully encompass everything that goes from traditional progressive metal to a more classic hard rock sound (even giving a nod to Kansas' sound in the title track). The playing is faultless as usual and the melodies are perfectly woven into killer guitars, epic keyboards, and pounding drums.

Not only are the songs presented here simply great music, but lyrically, “Tragic Separation” is a concept album told through the eyes of a protagonist about life and the paths we can go down between the choices we make, plus the subsequent consequences those choices bring to our lives. Among the doubts and second thoughts about the choices made, there is one that echoes in the protagonist’s soul: what if the answer for everything was the path itself? An unanswered question, which is another starting point for a new quest... another beginning.

Watch out for DGM, they are not only Italy’s finest progressive metal band, but an absolute astounding force to be reckoned with. The band will tour on the album as soon as conditions allow.

Tracklist:
1.  Flesh And Blood
2.  Surrender
3.  Fate
4.  Hope
5.  Tragic Separation
6.  Stranded
7.  Land Of Sorrow
8.  Silence
9.  Turn Back Time
10.        Curtain

Line-up:
Marco Basile – Vox
Simone Mularoni – Guitars
Andrea Arcangeli – Bass
Emanuele Casali – Keyboards
Fabio Costantino - Drums

New song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhyycfUUf0

Sounds like DGM alright.  I dig it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's a good tune.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, 4 years since the last one.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I skipped the last one oltogether.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I skipped the last one oltogether.

I'm only a casual fan.  Only have 2 albums I think.  The last one was alright, nothing worth going out of the way for.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
The Passage (last album) was pretty solid.  Momentum and Frame are where it's at with DGM.  Different Shapes is pretty solid too.  That's all I have of them.  I had no clue they had 5 other studio albums!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Haven't heard DGM that much but I really loved Ghost of Insanity. Their main vocalist blew me away especially during the 2nd verse. However someone pointed out how hilariously all over the place the lyrics are, I cannot unhear that now.  :lol

The new song is pretty good.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Haven't heard DGM that much but I really loved Ghost of Insanity. Their main vocalist blew me away especially during the 2nd verse. However someone pointed out how hilariously all over the place the lyrics are, I cannot unhear that now.  :lol

I don't know.  Tom owns that song if you ask me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That new song was pretty nice.  Interesting clip too.  There's strong SX Iconoclast vibes in the intro too.

I know why they are one band I never fell in love with.  I find the singer pretty average.  Something about his voice.  Simon's solo sections are pretty samey too, but he still rips.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member

I don't know.  Tom owns that song if you ask me.
Yea Toms voice really fits nice with the song but I already knew Tom would be great. The main singer was a surprise, atleast for me.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I nearly vomited a minute into this;

https://youtu.be/tPvsZpwh2a8

Pride of Lions.  Holy shit this sucks.  Toby needs to join me on my running challenge by the looks.  And a low talker must have asked him to wear that shirt.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I clicked the video only to see what kind of shirt a low talker would recommend hoping to give me a clue as to what the hell a low talker is. :lol

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim, watch Seinfeld episode "The Puffy Shirt." It will all be clear.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Jim Peterik has obviously run out of ideas .......pity his purple rinse hasn't run out -  Dame Edna eat your heart out.   Matching guitar too   :metal :facepalm:

He's a legend but it's all getting more and more corny.  Don't think I'll even bother with the album.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't think I'll even bother with this video or song!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
A reaction video with Kade vomiting might get some views.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yes that would be awesome.

The song ratings would be in chunks.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Pride of Lions.  Holy shit this sucks.  Toby needs to join me on my running challenge by the looks.  And a low talker must have asked him to wear that shirt.

But Kade, vomiting can sometimes be a good abdominal workout. Then you can make note of it in the exercise thread

Offline Lowdz

That was pretty awful.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

But Kade, vomiting can sometimes be a good abdominal workout. Then you can make note of it in the exercise thread

This man is a genius.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

This Tim, this.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Jim Peterik has obviously run out of ideas .......pity his purple rinse hasn't run out -  Dame Edna eat your heart out.   Matching guitar too   :metal :facepalm:

He's a legend but it's all getting more and more corny.  Don't think I'll even bother with the album.

Dame Edna  :lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

This Tim, this.

Puffy f'n Shirt  :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim's reaction be like ...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
OK, so "low talker" was a Seinfeld reference. Got it. I thought is was an Australian term for a certain type of person.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim have you not caught on by now that 99% of references you don't get are Seinfeld related lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Tim have you not caught on by now that 99% of references you don't get are Seinfeld related lol

Wait...is that a Seinfeld reference??

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Wait...is that a Seinfeld reference??