Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 568003 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
I didn't think the song was that bad, just cookie cutter. It could have been a Vandroya filler track.

Offline Lowdz

Hey Kade, your favourite combination: Frontiers plus Sascha Paeth! :neverusethis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lkY08Jxwe4

Fucking awful vocals.  And what the fuck is with the dude with the double bass haha.  His solos are still shit too.  Crap song.  The only cool thing is Felix on the drums.

Yeah that was pretty awful. Won’t be buying that. And I don’t hate Paeth.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I wonder if the singer is on the whole thing or if there are different singers.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I actually really dig it  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I think you're in the wrong thread dude.  This is the disappointment thread.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I think you're in the wrong thread dude.  This is the disappointment thread.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Young Cram is apparently lost! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

When I started this thread in 2011, I never in my wildest dreams we would end up at this point.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
:lol

When I started this thread in 2011, I never in my wildest dreams we would end up at this point.

You've just gotten older and crabbier.  :getoffmylawn:

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
To save this from Page 2!!!

Release Date - Oct 11.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That's a fucking epic album cover.  :metal

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Reminiscent of "Holy Diver"...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hoping Magnus experiments with his songwriting on this one a bit more.  Would love something a bit more epic.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

That it is.

Was the first Ferryman album any good?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
It's Magnus being Magnus. I didn't think much of it at first but it was a grower.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That it is.

Magnus level solid.  So that means a step up from our normal classification of solid.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

That it is.

Magnus level solid.  So that means a step up from our normal classification of solid.

https://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

Dave's right too.   ;D

Offline Lowdz

Reminiscent of their first album with a different colour scheme 😀

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Reminiscent of their first album with a different colour scheme 😀

that was my first thought
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
ZFG - Special (Official Lyric Video)

Nothing really special but I enjoy the singer and also they contain two offsprings from the Toto camp.  :tup :lol

They tour with Toto this summer.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

Nothing really special but I enjoy the singer and also they contain two offsprings from the Toto camp.  :tup :lol

Sounds like Adrenaline Mob.

• DTF.org Member

Sounds like Adrenaline Mob.
Haven't heard AM that much but they might do.

Work Of Art - In Progresss is such a feel good album and exactly the amount of cheese needed for me.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member

BREAKING NEWS: Work of Art will release their new album ”Exhibits” on November 8, 2019. First single, pre-order, and more info coming soon! Based on all the questions we get about this one, then quite a few of you should be excited about it, no? 😎

Tracklisting:

Misguided Love
Be The Believer
Another Night
This Isn’t Love Feat. Vince Dicola
Gotta Get Out
Come Home
If I Could Fly
Destined To Survive
Scars To Prove It
What You Want From Me
Let Me Dream

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Vince Dicola -  there's a blast from the past.  Brings to mind 80's soundtrack synth hits..................Rocky IV , Transformers etc....
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Vince Dicola -  there's a blast from the past.  Brings to mind 80's soundtrack synth hits..................Rocky IV , Transformers etc....

I don't know who that is but thank fuck it's not Issa!  :tup

I'm actually really looking forward to this one.  I know I will be the only one.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Wasn't their last album soft as shit on a hot summer night?  In Progress is great, but I totally have no recollection of their release after that.  Or am I mixing up WOA with someone else?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wasn't their last album soft as shit on a hot summer night?  In Progress is great, but I totally have no recollection of their release after that.  Or am I mixing up WOA with someone else?

I wouldn't call any of them heavy but the last one was a bit more AOR  than In Progress.  Although the first one was the most AOR of all of them I guess.

This will be more of the same but I'm okay with that.  Melodic rock great vocals from Lars and cool leads from Robert.  Hopefully though they don't go softer again.

• DTF.org Member
Their last album have grown on me alot I have too say, took a few more spins than the previous.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Maybe your handle should be MrPoof_shack-a-lack.  I recall that album being a big bag of powder puff.

• DTF.org Member
Maybe your handle should be MrPoof_shack-a-lack.  I recall that album being a big bag of powder puff.

Exuse me but I happen to like melodic powder puff rock!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Their last album have grown on me alot I have too say, took a few more spins than the previous.

Yeah same.  It indeed was a grower but still a good slab of melodic rock.  It's good to see I have someone in my corner with these guys.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Vince Dicola is major talented and his score from Rocky 4 is awesome. Training Montage and War are probably his best songs. His work from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack has a big following. Actually that whole album and movie still has a major following. Listen to The Touch by Stan Bush and that song will be stuck in your head for hours lol. I can’t remember if Stan Bush has been mentioned in this thread before but he is melodic rock 101.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Vince Dicola is major talented and his score from Rocky 4 is awesome. Training Montage and War are probably his best songs. His work from the Transformers 1986 soundtrack has a big following. Actually that whole album and movie still has a major following. Listen to The Touch by Stan Bush and that song will be stuck in your head for hours lol. I can’t remember if Stan Bush has been mentioned in this thread before but he is melodic rock 101.

Thanks for the info J.  Stan Bush has been mentioned a couple of times but from what I've heard nothing really grabs me.  I'll check that one track out though

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
If Blob sees this he will be all over it - massive Stan Bush fan  :D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Stan Bush is a genius of AOR compared to the shit released these days. Ido love his Barrage album, Dial 880i088whatever And Every Beat Of my Heart.