Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 570057 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice  :lol

Sounds like the new Hardline is going to be the closest they've managed to get to the sound of Double Eclipse

https://youtu.be/EDyGfOXHr9c

I thought that was pretty shit, honestly.

Not a great fan of it myself - just picked up on a few things with the sound that seemed a bit closer to the debut than they've managed before.  Truth be told I'm almost over bothering with anything from Frontiers at this point.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Thought it was alright. A masterpiece compared to what we are used to. They need to give Mike Slayer a call for a song or two like the first album.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
They need to give Mike Slayer a call for a song or two like the first album.

Is that what happens when Tim introduces Mike Slamer to growlies?
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Anyone pre-order that Spirits of Fire disc. i did, then canceled it. Eh, I just have a feeling its going to be the same old shit.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

:lol

Mike Slayer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Thought it was alright. A masterpiece compared to what we are used to. They need to give Mike Slayer a call for a song or two like the first album.

Hahaha who?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

:lol

Mike Slayer.

😀

It’s got a ring to it.

Mike Slamer damn it.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Anyone pre-order that Spirits of Fire disc. i did, then canceled it. Eh, I just have a feeling its going to be the same old shit.

Just started listening to it now. It's not like anything else came out today.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I sampled another track from it yesterday and I thought it was pretty shit truthfully.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't know if this is the same Hardline song that Brent shared a couple of weeks back, but this is horseshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9cTgCiOne8

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Aren’t they all the same? :neverusethis:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't know if this is the same Hardline song that Brent shared a couple of weeks back, but this is horseshit.

It is yeah.  I think they have nailed the guitar sound/groove of the debut there but just need some decent songs  :lol  Good to see that Alessando is still up and about  :metal

It's actually a shame that Gioeli hasn't worked with some better writers over the years since Double Eclipse - his voice has never really been taken full advantage of.  And that HArdline track would be the best track on his solo album by a mile  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

It is yeah.  I think they have nailed the guitar sound/groove of the debut there but just need some decent songs  :lol  Good to see that Alessando is still up and about  :metal

It's actually a shame that Gioeli hasn't worked with some better writers over the years since Double Eclipse - his voice has never really been taken full advantage of.  And that HArdline track would be the best track on his solo album by a mile  ;D

Fucking hell.  I might need to check it out for a laugh.  I was getting worried about Del Vicchio also.

Offline Lowdz

Yep, bland. The only good thing is Gioelli’s voice.
Frontiers is pretty much dead to me.

I do like the new Tora Tora and Jetboy albums. They both have that very dry sound every old band doing new stuff seems to have these days (or is it just my fogey ears? 😁), but some enjoyable tunes. I never bothered checking out Jetboy back in the day, the image put me off, but might have to change that.

Offline Lowdz

Did we know there was a new First Signal album coming? Can’t say I’ve been counting the minutes and this first track doesn’t change that, but I know Chad has a thing for Harry Hess 😁

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Did we know there was a new First Signal album coming? Can’t say I’ve been counting the minutes and this first track doesn’t change that, but I know Chad has a thing for Harry Hess 😁

I didn't know there was a new one.  The first album is excellent but the second was average or just 'solid' if you will.

Offline Lowdz

I did intend to post a link  :facepalm:

https://youtu.be/yw1CLOAN564

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
I think they should have more appropriate album covers to match their music. Something like unicorns or fluffy bunnies.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I did intend to post a link  :facepalm:

https://youtu.be/yw1CLOAN564

Pretty standard affair for what Frontiers dishes up.  Could me Find Me, could be anything really.  Generic.  Kind of takes the piss out of Harry really.

Daniel Flores.  I thought it sounded like his sort of shit.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
This was in the sidebar, not too bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRS-z7RBUtI

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
A little tidbit that might be of interest to me and not many others (dunno) - but we take what we can get these days.

Sandi Saraya has been writing with Tony Bruno (Saraya,Danger Danger) for a new Saraya album that is expected to be in the same vein as "Blackbird" and there could be an EP within not too many weeks.  Tony Bruno can really write a song and Saraya was always one of my top (if not THE top) female rock vocalists , so count me very interested.

Just by the by , but she has managed to age as well as Susanna Hoffs too.  A few years back aged 52

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 05:49:38 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Just checked out both of those ladies and they are hot stuff

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's pretty solid.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
You or the photo?

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Get a room, you two!
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
I'm 52 as well (or will be in September) and she makes me look like this:

Offline Lowdz

Always liked Saraya and yes, she’s a hottie alright. A few years ago she was meant to be on the bill for Firefest in the uk but priced herself out of it with ridiculous demands. Shame.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Saraya is incredible. When the Blackbird Sings is actually one of my favorite records of all time. Love that the new stuff is in that vein. "Code Blue" is one of the new songs, and Sandi says in the Focus on Metal podcast that both her and Tony love it, and its very much the Blackbird Sings style.

I can't wait. She said that Tony suggested Frontiers, but there are also some other options on the table that she has yet to bring to Tony for consideration. So it seems like this is indeed going to happen. I know they are a niche band, but man, SO DAMN COOL Saraya will have a new record at some point.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Always liked Saraya and yes, she’s a hottie alright. A few years ago she was meant to be on the bill for Firefest in the uk but priced herself out of it with ridiculous demands. Shame.

Apparently the band were responsible for the late demands and she was left looking the "diva" ................who knows, maybe if that gig had happened things may have come along quicker than what has been the case.  Either way I am keen to hear what they come up with and very glad that Tony is involved rather than Sandi + new band. 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

I always preferred the debut to WTBS. It’s not a bad album, and it sounds a million dollars, but I prefer the bluesy style of the first to the Queensryche like second..

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I can't say that I ever thought of QR when listening to Blackbird , but I can see how the Collins production could give that vibe. At times I did think the production on Blackbird was a bit too "big" .......starting to get into that "wall of sound."

I wavered from one to the other as my favourite - maybe I would say that my favourite songs are on Blackbird but the debut may be a touch more consistent across the album. 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
MK confirmed FreeFall III on his FB page for sometime in 2020.

:caffeine:

I think.  I hope he hasn't run out of ideas/creativity.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion