Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 564281 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
No... your grammar was just a double entendre - without the cheekiness.

I'll give you the "ill" part... along with auto-correct.  ;)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Give him a break Chad - auto-correct is bad enough  , but he's been stoned too.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Give him a break Chad - auto-correct is bad enough  , but he's been stoned too.

nyuk nyuk nyuk.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Its not just the dodgy music either, their CD packaging is also generally very poor.
If I have to buy a Frontiers release I'll usually get the Japan/Korean version instead.
The colours are usually horrible and that silver shiny sticker on the back of every release....

That sticker is a cunt.  I have a thing about any stickers being on my cd's and these are fucking impossible to get off, FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE!!!  They just have to stay there pissing me off.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
I like the stickers. Kind of adds some specialness to the CD.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I like the stickers. Kind of adds some specialness to the CD.

Being Frontiers, I thought that would make it special enough..

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Stickers? I read Stinkers. :neverusethis:
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Frontiers Del Vicchio factory no doubt, but would give it a 'solid'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqCK9YNKvjU

Chorus is a rip off something, can't put my finger on it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!

Reminds me a bit of Giant - I'll See You In My Dreams
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Not sure if that's what I was thinking, but damn the chorus does have the exact same melody, so might very well be.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Dammit... you know I'm a Gioelli fanboi, now I have to listen to this!

But I'm not pausing Vanden Plas for it.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth

Not only a bit, it's remarkably similar, just in a different tempo.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Lowdz

Solid.
I do love Gioelli’s voice.

But yeah, a rocked up SYIMD

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I picked up the new Sunstorm while I was away cause I really liked the last one.  This one is basically the exact same album which is fine with me and what I expected, but Jesus, the production is fucking terrible.  Fuck you Del Vicchio.  I'm giving you a go here with your generic shit only casue it's JLT and Mularoni to an extent, but do you whore yourself that much that you are rushing production jobs now?  At least make your generic shit sound good.  Fuck me.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I was excited when I saw this new clip from King Company;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CUzybZ25Ek

Then I realised it was not Pasi and it's a fucking load of shit.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I was excited when I saw this new clip from King Company;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CUzybZ25Ek

Then I realised it was not Pasi and it's a fucking load of shit.

Damn... I'm a big Pasi fan.  Didn't realize he was having vocal chord problems.   :-\  Gotta wrap my mind around this vocalist.  Not awful, but he's no Pasi - definitely can hear the 'Italian' in him ... almost sounds like Secret Sphere.  And fuck that video is cheesy.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Damn... I'm a big Pasi fan.  Didn't realize he was having vocal chord problems.
Neither did I. :(

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, didn't know that either.  Hopefully he can recover.

Offline Lowdz

Wasn’t sure whether this should go in the wuss thread or classic metal, but here’s the new one from Leverage. New singer and second guitarist, have to say I miss the old singer. The new guy is good though.

Sort of grew on me as it went on, and it’s heavier than previously.

https://youtu.be/xQpEfv9S3RY

Offline gazinwales

Yeah I also miss Pekka and Torsti on this, reminds me a lot of Bonnet era Rainbow.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Interesting - not a band I have ever associated with that classic rock sound.  Probably not a bad idea to create a new identity with the new singer to some degree.

Got a little bit of Glenn Hughes about him so can understand why you like him Paul.  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Interesting - not a band I have ever associated with that classic rock sound.  Probably not a bad idea to create a new identity with the new singer to some degree.

Got a little bit of Glenn Hughes about him so can understand why you like him Paul.  ;D

The good Glenn Hughes, not the Stevie Wonder wannabe 😀

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wasn’t sure whether this should go in the wuss thread or classic metal, but here’s the new one from Leverage. New singer and second guitarist, have to say I miss the old singer. The new guy is good though.

Wow, I thought that was really rubbish, and I can't take the singer seriously.

Offline Lowdz

Wow, I thought that was really rubbish, and I can't take the singer seriously.

For the first half of the song I was the same, but as I said, it started to grow on me. I didn’t love it or anything, and it sure isn’t Tides ( that was a cracker).

I’m really struggling to like anything new these days.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Been a while since there's been any Frontiers news

BREAKING NEWS: Johnny Gioeli (Hardline, AXEL RUDI PELL OFFICIAL SITE) will release his debut solo album, "One Voice" on December 7, 2018! More details, plus first single & video will be released next month!

Tracklisting:
1. Drive
2. It
3. One Voice
4. Mind Melt
5. Running
6. Deeper
7. Let Me Know
8. Hit Me Once, Hit Ya Twice
9. Price We Pay
10. Out Of Here
11. Oh Fathers

Yay!  Another AOR album with the opening track titled "Drive"   :lol

It's Gioelli, so I'll likely spin it.

But that tracklist...  :rollin

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Didn't bother checking the one with Deen, couldn't give a fuck, probably won't bother with this either.

Hit Me Once, Hit Ya Twice?!  Hey Johnny, Adrenaline Mob called, they want their song title back.

Offline Lowdz

So is it all written by Del Vechio? If so, much as I love his voice I won’t bother.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So is it all written by Del Vechio? If so, much as I love his voice I won’t bother.

Well since there is no other song writer in the world that exists according to Frontiers, you'd probably think so. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll take the bullet on this one for you guys, and let you know how big of a turd it is.

Offline Peter Mc

Haven't gone through all 152 pages but I will say that I always thought Frontiers put out bad records, however I really like the two Revolution Saints records so shoot me!  Sound like classic Journey to me and better than a number of actual Journey albums. 

Bought the Gioelli/Castronovo record as have always been a fan of Gioelli's stuff with Axel Rudi Pell since he took over from Soto.  It wasn't as good as Rev Saints but still passable AOR with a few duds, some lazy ends to songs and stuff as well.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Haven't gone through all 152 pages but I will say that I always thought Frontiers put out bad records, however I really like the two Revolution Saints records so shoot me!  Sound like classic Journey to me and better than a number of actual Journey albums. 

Bought the Gioelli/Castronovo record as have always been a fan of Gioelli's stuff with Axel Rudi Pell since he took over from Soto.  It wasn't as good as Rev Saints but still passable AOR with a few duds, some lazy ends to songs and stuff as well.

I (and a few of use here) thought the first Rev Saints album was excellent.  I thought from start to finish it was really good melodic rock.  The second album I thought was mostly just generic filler.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Haven't gone through all 152 pages but I will say that I always thought Frontiers put out bad records, .

Over the last 5-ish years, they've just MOSTLY put out bad records... imo 80-90% of the stuff is generic tripe.  There is the odd act that is good (eg, Primal Fear, Seventh Wonder, Lords of Black), and many albums that are really enjoyable (eg, King Company, Revolution Saints).  But so much of it is recycled shit that is nothing new - ffs, Ten has another album coming out this year, sure that'll be a 'page-turner'  ::)  Add on these forced collaborations that rarely work (eg, Kee of Hearts!; though Ferrymen is one exception), and the label is distributing mostly laughable stuff.  Who knows... maybe the run-rate of the generic shit helps keep the lights on, and we should be thankful that they stay alive so we do get the 10-20% of things that are worthwhile?

Offline Peter Mc

I (and a few of use here) thought the first Rev Saints album was excellent.  I thought from start to finish it was really good melodic rock.  The second album I thought was mostly just generic filler.

I may be influenced by having heard album number 2 first. It was given to me as a Xmas present and, after initial misgivings, I grew to really like it. I then discovered they had done an earlier album and bought that too. I agree that the first album is better but I think you are a little harsh on the second one. It has some good stuff on it too.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Haven't gone through all 152 pages but I will say that I always thought Frontiers put out bad records, .

Over the last 5-ish years, they've just MOSTLY put out bad records... imo 80-90% of the stuff is generic tripe.  There is the odd act that is good (eg, Primal Fear, Seventh Wonder, Lords of Black), and many albums that are really enjoyable (eg, King Company, Revolution Saints).  But so much of it is recycled shit that is nothing new - ffs, Ten has another album coming out this year, sure that'll be a 'page-turner'  ::)  Add on these forced collaborations that rarely work (eg, Kee of Hearts!; though Ferrymen is one exception), and the label is distributing mostly laughable stuff.  Who knows... maybe the run-rate of the generic shit helps keep the lights on, and we should be thankful that they stay alive so we do get the 10-20% of things that are worthwhile?

The last Ten was quite enjoyable IMO, although there was some filler as always

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
With this thread languishing back around Page 5 , I thought I had better rescue it.

I know Kade likes some Work of Art.

Here's a rough mix/sample from the upcoming album (still some way off - no date)

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fmusicofworkofart%2Fvideos%2F721059694903870%2F&show_text=0&width=560

www.theguitardojo.com.au