Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 564578 times)

Offline Lowdz

That was awful. I hate major keys 

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Can we get another Magnificent album already? That album was full of cheesy love songs but they were so well written and performed, and of course Michael Eriksen on vocals being amazing. Definitely a diamond in the rough. There are good bands on the Frontiers label, but what's with all the garbage that gets posted here all the time? Who is writing that shit, and how and why is it getting the greenlight? Is Frontiers a multimilllion dollar company that can afford such losses? These bands surely are not making any money for the label. I understand that even a band as good as The Magnificent probably didn't sell too many albums, but why aren't they throwing their money at them to make more music? That was fucking awful, wolfking.

It's funny, I wanted to change things up so just put like a random playlist of songs on a USB for the car and I put quite a few songs from this album on there.  I forgot how well crafted and classy melodic rock this album is.  Thought the exact same thing that it's such a shame there was never a second one.

I'm with you on the Frontiers stuff mate, it's hard to fathom.  As I said 8-10 years ago most of what they were doing had reputable people behind them with great songwriting, production and thought put behind it, how they have got to this is beyond me.  I also don't understand who is funding the amount of shit that's getting churned out.  Surely people still aren't paying for these no name fuckass shithouse motherfuckers producing dumb, souless crap that's been done thousands of times before yet better?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I'd say 1 in 15 Frontiers is good.  Maybe even 1 in 20.  And I can't remember the last time a patch-work group of artists was any good.  Was The Ferrymen a Frontiers release?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd say 1 in 15 Frontiers is good.  Maybe even 1 in 20.  And I can't remember the last time a patch-work group of artists was any good.  Was The Ferrymen a Frontiers release?

Anything Magus is Frontiers, but that's all him.

I find it strange Primal Fear is still signed with them, but again, that'll be a Magnus thing.

Yeah, The Ferrymen was probably the last one I bought, the Jorn too which I didn't really like. 

Ones coming up that will be worth a listen will be the Stryper, Gus G and the Vega (even though I'll be the only one thinking that)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll give Vega a go, but have very low expectations.  Gus G I'm looking forward to.  Stryper ... meh.  Never was much of a fan (out of apathy, not that I actively wasn't a fan).
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll give Vega a go, but have very low expectations.  Gus G I'm looking forward to.  Stryper ... meh.  Never was much of a fan (out of apathy, not that I actively wasn't a fan).

I doubt you'll like Vega.  I've followed them from their first album and just love their sound.  The albums to try are What the Hell and Stereo Messiah.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
They had one tune on one of the the MRR compilation discs (which I did buy from Andrew to throw him a bone a few years back).  I was just listening to those recently, and took notice of the Vega track - Into The Wild.  I dug it.

Offline Lowdz

Vega don’t do it for me at all. Too polished and sterile.
There really isn’t much from Frontiers that’s worth a listen, in fact, if it’s on a Frontiers it’s probably a good indication that it will be shit.

Not looking forward to the Stryper at all. Michael Sweet has spread himself a bit thin in recent years and his voice is starting to grate on me.

Primal Fear should be good.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm having a listen to the new W.E.T.  4 songs in and I'm unimpressed.  Uninspiring and generic and Erik needs to take a good hard long look at himself.  I'll listen to the whole thing though.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I was excited to check this Dukes of the Orient out as the first track released I think is one of the coolest and freshest AOR tracks Frontiers have released in a while, but unfortunately, the rest just seems pretty flat and not that inspiring.  Nice sound and atmosphere overall but nothing else like this track.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Sunstorm;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAqLNMp2y7c

Pretty generic, sounds like the last one, which I didn't mind. 

Hopefully Joe recovers too, suffered a heart attack only a few days ago.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy shit!  Didn't know that.  Not a serious one I suppose?

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Don't know about anyone else, but there is a Frontiers release that is on my radar.

Spirits of Fire - Tim Owens, Chris Caffrey, Steve DiGiorgio, Mark Zonder / Produced by Roy Z

The music can best be described as “classic Priest meets Savatage”.

https://www.frontiers.it/news/10958
https://www.facebook.com/SpiritsOfFireBand/

According to their Facebook page, they just started mixing in March. Should see the album in a few months, hopefully.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Lowdz

I was excited to check this Dukes of the Orient out as the first track released I think is one of the coolest and freshest AOR tracks Frontiers have released in a while, but unfortunately, the rest just seems pretty flat and not that inspiring.  Nice sound and atmosphere overall but nothing else like this track.

I quite liked it. It is a bit samey throughout but enjoyed it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just on this page alone...

That was awful.

I'd say 1 in 15 Frontiers is good.  Maybe even 1 in 20.

too which I didn't really like. 

I'll give ..... a go, but have very low expectations. 

I doubt you'll like ....

....... don’t do it for me at all.

There really isn’t much from Frontiers that’s worth a listen, in fact, if it’s on a Frontiers it’s probably a good indication that it will be shit.

Not looking forward to the .........at all. ........... has spread himself a bit thin in recent years and his voice is starting to grate on me.

I'm having a listen to the new ........  4 songs in and I'm unimpressed.

Uninspiring and generic

the rest just seems pretty flat and not that inspiring. 

Pretty generic, sounds like the last one

It is a bit samey throughout

:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
So what are you saying?

Offline Lowdz

Yeah, Frontiers are shit.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just on this page alone...

That was awful.

I'd say 1 in 15 Frontiers is good.  Maybe even 1 in 20.

too which I didn't really like. 

I'll give ..... a go, but have very low expectations. 

I doubt you'll like ....

....... don’t do it for me at all.

Not looking forward to the .........at all. ........... has spread himself a bit thin in recent years and his voice is starting to grate on me.

I'm having a listen to the new ........  4 songs in and I'm unimpressed.

Uninspiring and generic

the rest just seems pretty flat and not that inspiring. 

Pretty generic, sounds like the last one

It is a bit samey throughout

:lol

What's your point Tim?

Uh....Frontiers round in my roulette anyone?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The round where Solid is the top rating you can get.   
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I've gone to the future and have already posted snippets.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I've gone to the future and have already posted snippets.

:clap:

Offline ozzy554

I did not expect Refuge to be a Frontiers release https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwSYEKLpnGY

Sounds like Rage which of course I expected lol. So if you Rage you'll probably like this
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
So I went to page one to see what this thread was about and I noted this in the OP:

"(I know this won't get many hits) :)"

Then I notice that I have to go all the way to page 151 to post.   Boom.

So is this just AOR, or is it specifically the stuff like Revolution Saints, which just smacks of someone trying really hard to recreate Asia without the magical songwriting of Wetton/Downes? 

Offline Anguyen92

So I went to page one to see what this thread was about and I noted this in the OP:

"(I know this won't get many hits) :)"

Then I notice that I have to go all the way to page 151 to post.   Boom.

So is this just AOR, or is it specifically the stuff like Revolution Saints, which just smacks of someone trying really hard to recreate Asia without the magical songwriting of Wetton/Downes?

From what I've read in these posts in this thread, this thread has mainly gone the route of the latter......

Offline Lowdz

Wow, rescued the thread from the very bottom of page 4. Shows how little quality there is in the genre.

And the new Treat song isn't going to change that. Looks like Coup de Grace was a one off as the last album was Issa thread ordinary 😁

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=AqXYy_wr4Ng

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, rescued the thread from the very bottom of page 4. Shows how little quality there is in the genre.

And the new Treat song isn't going to change that. Looks like Coup de Grace was a one off as the last album was Issa thread ordinary 😁

Gawd :lol

They should've stayed retired instead of doing a Scorpions.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's okay for a ballad, I guess, but it's still a generic ballad.  Worrying if this is the lead song.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
90% of Frontiers output worries me.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
90% of Frontiers output worries me.

Just 90%?

Offline gazinwales

Its not just the dodgy music either, their CD packaging is also generally very poor.
If I have to buy a Frontiers release I'll usually get the Japan/Korean version instead.
The colours are usually horrible and that silver shiny sticker on the back of every release....

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Didn't care for this Treat song, turned it off fairly quickly.

But a related song from a band called Dream Child was pretty good.  Thats a frontiers song, but I didn't mind that at all.  Had a bit of a Dio vibe to it.

Offline Lowdz

But a related song from a band called Dream Child was pretty good.  Thats a frontiers song, but I didn't mind that at all.  Had a bit of a Dio vibe to it.

I shared that one in our other thread. Craig Goldy, the singer from Helker, some other names. Has potential.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I shared that one in our other thread. Craig Goldy, the singer from Helker, some other names. Has potential.

The grammar on this sentence confused the shit out of me - I thought you were implying that Craig Goldy is the singer from Helker, when it's in fact Diego Valdez is the (ex) Helker singer that is a vocal dead ringer for RJD).

Offline Lowdz

The grammar on this sentence confused the shit out of me - I thought you were implying that Craig Goldy is the singer from Helker, when it's in fact Diego Valdez is the (ex) Helker singer that is a vocal dead ringer for RJD).

I’m I’ll. I get a pass on the typing  :biggrin: