Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 564406 times)

Offline Lowdz

Frontiers are singlehandedly killing this thread 😀

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

On the other hand, it could be the only thing keeping it alive too.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

On the other hand, it could be the only thing keeping it alive too.  :lol

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Anguyen92

I mean is there any other prominent labels that has this brand of rock?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HkY2Zd_79o&t=0s

I don't know who these guys are, but Guthrie is on this which is cool but this is actually some decent classic style melodic rock.  Although the singer is funny as fuck in this atrocious Frontiers clip.

Offline Lowdz

I don't know who these guys are, but Guthrie is on this which is cool but this is actually some decent classic style melodic rock.  Although the singer is funny as fuck in this atrocious Frontiers clip.

That’s John Payne from the AOR version of Asia. Great voice.

Offline Lowdz

I enjoyed that. Sounded very much like the Payne era Asia. Guthrie is awesome

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool, thanks Paul. I dont much about Asia. Yeah love Guthrie on this.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Even funnier is the fact that Payne is not trying to be funny .  I used to watch his videos just to watch his moves/facial expressions - as you say, funny as fuck :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
There's a lot of foul language going on here for The Wuss Thread.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
There's a lot of foul language going on here for The Wuss Thread.

A real man can accept his man love for Kip Winger Tim.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Even funnier is the fact that Payne is not trying to be funny .  I used to watch his videos just to watch his moves/facial expressions - as you say, funny as fuck :lol

I'll have to check out more clips of him then haha.  What did you think of this song Brent?

Offline Lowdz

I played Asia’s Aria last night. Still a very good AOR album. Very different from their early prog pop/rock approach, but I’d take Payne’s voice over Wetton’s

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Best Asia album to check out?  I don't think from what I've heard I'd be big into them, but what's a good one to check out?  I think I'd like the AOR stuff more than the prog stuff from the little I've heard.

Offline Lowdz

Hmm. First ones a classic. I have a soft spot for Astra, very 80s, and Aria is worth a go but it’s fairly laid back stuff. There’s loads of their albums I haven’t heard though.

That D7kes of the Orient album has also Jeff Kollman and Bruce Bouillet on it so the playing should be ok😀

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hmm. First ones a classic. I have a soft spot for Astra, very 80s, and Aria is worth a go but it’s fairly laid back stuff. There’s loads of their albums I haven’t heard though.

That D7kes of the Orient album has also Jeff Kollman and Bruce Bouillet on it so the playing should be ok😀

Yeah, I saw Bruce was on it too, he's awesome.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I'll have to check out more clips of him then haha.  What did you think of this song Brent?

I don't mind it Kade (better if I don't watch the vid :lol  ).   The solo section was the highlight for me but I find it weird that they left in a couple of badly fretted notes by Guthrie.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

I’m pretty sure if they are badly fretted they are meant to be  :lol Guthrie doesn’t make mistakes!

Online gazinwales

I'm a big fan of the Payne Asia albums, all of them have their own merits.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I don't mind it Kade (better if I don't watch the vid :lol  ).   The solo section was the highlight for me but I find it weird that they left in a couple of badly fretted notes by Guthrie.

I'll have to re listen but I didn't notice anything off.  He does have a pretty distinct jazzy style.

Offline Lowdz

Just been on Facebook and saw that Zeno Roth has died, brother of Uli and melodic rocker in his own right. Decent melodic rock stuff if you haven’t heard of him. RIP.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Just been on Facebook and saw that Zeno Roth has died, brother of Uli and melodic rocker in his own right. Decent melodic rock stuff if you haven’t heard of him. RIP.

Sad to hear that Paul.   He had a place in my childhood listening - first with Zenology (from which was born the band Fair Warning) , then back to the debut and later Listen To The Light.   He had his own style and sound which is half the battle with me.

R.I.P  Zeno  :-\

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Don't know him or heard anything from him but RIP.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Don't know him or heard anything from him but RIP.

I seem to be saying this a lot lately but he was featured in a recent podcast :lol   the U-Z's of hard rock rarities.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

It’s almost like we take you for granted Brent...  :biggrin:

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It’s almost like we take you for granted Brent...  :biggrin:

We kind of do.  The podcasts are amazing and tons of great tunes but I think it's human nature to take and say thank you and move on and do any of us really don't dive into what Brent does?  After my roulette I may go back and explore more when I have time also as there is so much there for us to get into.

Saying that, we all still do really enjoy and appreciate it and will lap up the next one.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I have to force myself to limit the explorations to 10-15 of the *BEST* of the Best of from B&B.  I seriously had about 30 albums from the first few podcasts to check out.  My wallet couldn't take it.

But I am anxiously awaiting the 'best of 2017'.  I still spin the BEST of Brent 2016 albums regularly - and many individual songs.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I have to force myself to limit the explorations to 10-15 of the *BEST* of the Best of from B&B.  I seriously had about 30 albums from the first few podcasts to check out.  My wallet couldn't take it.

But I am anxiously awaiting the 'best of 2017'.  I still spin the BEST of Brent 2016 albums regularly - and many individual songs.

That's cool then.  I guess since I've lost interest in exploring new music the last couple of years doesn't help and would like to hear the 2017, but again, I probably won't listen until after my roulette.  There is so much the last 2 years I wouldn't have heard or even have any idea about.

Life gets in the way, but it needs to change.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
If I risk my three-peat roulette winning streak and join the wolfking roulette (haven't done one in ages as the shows take up so much time) I might kill two birds with one stone and set myself the challenge of only sending stuff from my Best of 2017 and see how we go  ;D

I am sitting here working on a show as we speak.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:00:16 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
If I risk my three-peat roulette winning streak and join the wolfking roulette (haven't done one in ages as the shows take up so much time) I might kill two birds with one stone and set myself the challenge of only sending stuff from my Best of 2017 and see how we go  ;D

I am sitting here working on a show as we speak.

Funny you mention that, as I've been so out of the loop the last couple of years, I'm thinking about pinching Dave's idea and just have maybe 2016/2017 releases as you guys won't struggle with that with what I've heard.

You obviously will be invited but up to you if you participate man, all good if you don't have the time.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Perfect..........I'll be in amongst it mate.  The "if" was a bit iffy  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Perfect..........I'll be in amongst it mate.  The "if" was a bit iffy  ;D

The whole thing will be iffy haha.

I have to work out what I'm looking for to be honest.  The newer stuff seems like the logical choice.  I doubt there's much older stuff I can be introduced to now that will really wow my, but the amount of releases you guys have been rating and pimping does have me intrigued.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Here's hoping your roulette is at least solid  :biggrin:

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Funny you mention that, as I've been so out of the loop the last couple of years, I'm thinking about pinching Dave's idea and just have maybe 2016/2017 releases as you guys won't struggle with that with what I've heard.

Yeah, I could definitely do that without a problem, but there are a couple of 'older' items I was hoping to lay on you.  Of course, I can always do that outside of a roulette.

Offline Lowdz

My last roulette appearance was a bit ordinary  :biggrin:

And in before Chad demands I do a roulette  :biggrin: