News:

The staff at DTF wish to remind you all that a firm grasp of the rules of Yahtzee can save your life and the lives of your loved ones.  Be safe out there.

Main Menu

The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread

Started by wolfking, November 10, 2011, 03:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfking

Quote from: ProfessorPeart on March 14, 2024, 11:16:22 AM
Quote from: Glasser on March 14, 2024, 07:35:07 AM
Quote from: wolfking on March 13, 2024, 09:47:41 PM
Quote from: ProfessorPeart on March 13, 2024, 09:43:04 PM
Congrats to wolfking on being named new head of A&R for Frontiers!

Forcing Del Vicchio out was my first piece of business.  My second.....

.....excuse me I need to find a certain someone's contract, it may accidentally find itself being needed in the bathroom.

Romero?  :lol

Pretty sure it is his favorite artist, Issa.

Of course it is.

Romeo can stay but he's limited to one album a year, and only with The Ferrymen.

jingle.boy

Quote from: wolfking on March 14, 2024, 12:54:22 PM
Romeo can stay but he's limited to one album a year, and only with The Ferrymen.

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

wolfking

If he doesn't like it he can take his ass to another label that will whore him out for 87 albums a year.

jingle.boy

Quote from: wolfking on March 14, 2024, 01:23:38 PM
If he doesn't like it he can take his ass to another label that will whore him out for 87 albums a year.

I just want some Lords of Black.  I honestly don't like many of the other things he's on nowadays other than LoB and Ferrymen.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

wolfking

Quote from: jingle.boy on March 14, 2024, 01:49:15 PM
Quote from: wolfking on March 14, 2024, 01:23:38 PM

I just want some Lords of Black.  I honestly don't like many of the other things he's on nowadays other than LoB and Ferrymen.

Alright, since that was his first real band before he started prostituting himself out, we can keep them.  Only those two bands though.  No other Ronnie.

Stadler

I'm spoiled in my old age.   NO ONE on the planet sounds exactly like Paul McCartney.  NO ONE on the planet sounds exactly like Ace Frehley.  NO ONE on the planet sounds exactly like James LaBrie.  There are 14 guys that sound exactly like Ronnie Romero.  He's good and all, and I like what he did for Ritchie, but I'm just looking for something more in my vocalists.

jingle.boy

Quote from: Stadler on March 14, 2024, 02:16:27 PM
I'm spoiled in my old age.   NO ONE on the planet sounds exactly like Paul McCartney.  NO ONE on the planet sounds exactly like Ace Frehley.  NO ONE on the planet sounds exactly like James LaBrie.  There are 14 guys that sound exactly like Ronnie Romero.  He's good and all, and I like what he did for Ritchie, but I'm just looking for something more in my vocalists.

Name them.   :lol

Stadler

Quote from: jingle.boy on March 14, 2024, 02:33:35 PM

Uh... Robin McAuley?

jingle.boy

Quote from: Stadler on March 14, 2024, 02:49:16 PM

Uh... Robin McAuley?

So he's the equivalent of 13 people.   :rollin :rollin

Just razzin ya dude.  I'd say there's a lot of vocalists that have that mid-range, quasi-gravelly tone and style.  Dino Jelusic, Niklas Sonne, James Robledo, Jan Manenti, Rick Altzi, Mark Boals, Mark Basile, Renan Zonta, Jakob Samuel, Girish Pradhan, Raphael Mendes... I almost got to 14.

Stadler

Quote from: jingle.boy on March 14, 2024, 03:17:23 PM
Quote from: Stadler on March 14, 2024, 02:49:16 PM

Uh... Robin McAuley?

So he's the equivalent of 13 people.   :rollin :rollin

Just razzin ya dude.  I'd say there's a lot of vocalists that have that mid-range, quasi-gravelly tone and style.  Dino Jelusic, Niklas Sonne, James Robledo, Jan Manenti, Rick Altzi, Mark Boals, Mark Basile, Renan Zonta, Jakob Samuel, Girish Pradhan, Raphael Mendes... I almost got to 14.

Honestly, I would put Jeff Scott Soto in there too.  All those midrange guys.  I don't know; I guess I'm being harsh, but they just don't stand out to me.

jingle.boy

wolfking

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 02, 2024, 07:37:56 AM
Such a perfect way to save this thread from Page 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8tQR9TIbM

:metal :metal

I know what this is and you're not tricking me you fucker.

jingle.boy

Quote from: wolfking on April 02, 2024, 12:41:08 PM
I know what this is and you're not tricking me you fucker.

Awe, c'mon.  I double-dawg dare you.  ::) :angel:

wolfking

I saw it in my YouTube feed a day ago as an upcoming video.  I may still check it for a laugh, but not at 5.30 in the fucking morning.

jingle.boy

Quote from: wolfking on April 02, 2024, 12:45:35 PM
I saw it in my YouTube feed a day ago as an upcoming video.  I may still check it for a laugh, but not at 5.30 in the fucking morning.

I made it about 90 seconds before pulling the ripcord.  It was just terrible - visually and sonically.  It's worth a quick watch just to comprehend how bad it was.

ProfessorPeart

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 02, 2024, 01:22:04 PM
I made it about 90 seconds before pulling the ripcord.  It was just terrible - visually and sonically.  It's worth a quick watch just to comprehend how bad it was.

I dare someone to find a way to send it to him in his roulette.
Quote from: ProfessorPeart on November 14, 2023, 11:17:53 AMbeul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Quote from: Indiscipline on November 14, 2023, 02:26:25 PMPardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history.

wolfking

Quote from: ProfessorPeart on April 02, 2024, 02:28:57 PM
I dare someone to find a way to send it to him in his roulette.

I already put her on my banned list.

wolfking

Plus, Chad was lucky he didn't get automatically disqualified from the roulette sending Del Prickiio.

jingle.boy

Quote from: wolfking on April 02, 2024, 04:31:51 PM
Plus, Chad was lucky he didn't get automatically disqualified from the roulette sending Del Prickiio.

And yet you almost awarded him an 8!

wolfking

wolfking

Quote from: jingle.boy on April 02, 2024, 07:37:56 AM
Such a perfect way to save this thread from Page 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8tQR9TIbM

:metal :metal

Oh wow, that's Tom and James Martin.  They left Vega to work with Issa?!  Pretty ordinary for their standards too.  Lead guitar is absolutely fucking shithouse too. 

LithoJazzoSphere

Huh, I was expecting way worse.  Corny video, and I've heard better, but it sounds perfectly fine to me. 

wolfking

Just looked up Tom and James Martin and I see they have actually written 2 of her albums in full plus tracks from another 2.  Mind blown.  They obviously water shit down for her or kept sent the Vega throwaways her way.

LithoJazzoSphere

A quick search reveals that James is married to her.  Guess you have to excommunicate that band from your collection too. 

wolfking

wolfking

No wonder she got a fucking record deal then.  :facepalm:

Lowdz

Quote from: wolfking on April 03, 2024, 04:35:21 AM
Oh wow, that's Tom and James Martin.  They left Vega to work with Issa?!  Pretty ordinary for their standards too.  Lead guitar is absolutely fucking shithouse too.

Even my partner, who doesn't mind some cheesy rock, couldn't make it through that 😀

TAC

Quote from: Lowdz on April 07, 2024, 02:36:14 PM
Even my partner, who doesn't mind some cheesy rock, couldn't make it through that 😀

You got a new partner, stud?
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Lowdz

Quote from: TAC on April 07, 2024, 02:46:12 PM
You got a new partner, stud?

Nearly two years now mate. She's a keeper.

TAC

Quote from: Lowdz on April 07, 2024, 02:48:44 PM
Nearly two years now mate. She's a keeper.

You're a keeper!  :)

She should let you out to play on DTF more though.  ;D
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Lowdz

Quote from: TAC on April 07, 2024, 02:50:22 PM

She should let you out to play on DTF more though.  ;D

I'll tell her  :lol

wolfking

Quote from: TAC on April 07, 2024, 02:50:22 PM

She should let you out to play on DTF more though;D

Great idea!

WardySI

Probably highly inappropriate of me to say here but am really digging The End Machine's Quantum Phase.  Really not convinced they needed Mason replacing Girish tbh but aside from a few unnecessary stratosphere highs, am surprised how in check Girish keeps it here often sounding like Mason would have anyway.

But get past that and the majority of these songs are some of Lynch's best in a long while IMO.  I mean I really enjoyed Lynch Mob's Babylon last year but reckon this trumps it.

K moving along  :lol

wolfking

Quote from: WardySI on April 09, 2024, 03:02:17 AM
Probably highly inappropriate of me to say here but am really digging The End Machine's Quantum Phase.  Really not convinced they needed Mason replacing Girish tbh but aside from a few unnecessary stratosphere highs, am surprised how in check Girish keeps it here often sounding like Mason would have anyway.

But get past that and the majority of these songs are some of Lynch's best in a long while IMO.  I mean I really enjoyed Lynch Mob's Babylon last year but reckon this trumps it.

K moving along  :lol

I checked the first video when it came out and it was really good.  That's as far as it went but I'll try and get around to it.

WardySI

Quote from: wolfking on April 09, 2024, 03:10:04 AM
I checked the first video when it came out and it was really good.  That's as far as it went but I'll try and get around to it.

:coolio

I would find it hard to believe how anyone remotely interested in this particular genre would find Shattered Glass Heart and its outro into Time not pleasing to the ear  :metal