News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread

Started by wolfking, November 10, 2011, 03:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bl5150

The point in the video when you know it's gonna be fresh, top quality stuff

Zook

It's a shame about the band name because they are in fact, not a big deal.

Is The Magnificent the only Frontiers creation in the last 10 years that doesn't suck? Yes, that band is derivative as hell, but they made it work without being lame or cringey. I like the AOR style, but all these bands are fucking stupid.

wolfking

Quote from: bl5150 on March 13, 2022, 04:25:36 PM

Surely there's someone else out there than him.  Surely......anyone!

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

Quote from: MinistroRaven on March 10, 2022, 07:08:05 AM
Hahaha this is lame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otU3s1qLHJA
What the hell is this? This is terrible! Plus everyone in that band looks completely strung out.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

wolfking

MinistroRaven

Someone gotta tell the label's owner to stop.

I bet he won't, but come on, in his mind it's quantity over quality, and that's not good.

Lowdz

Quote from: bl5150 on March 13, 2022, 04:25:36 PM

It's like the opposite of the Midas touch in musical form  :biggrin:

He looks even more stiff than the rest of them. And the clothes the women are in? Laughable, and not in any way sexy.

DoctorAction

I thoroughly enjoyed that. The video was fucking hilarious.  :lol The tune was prime Eurovision pop metal. Lovely!

wolfking

Quote from: DoctorAction on March 15, 2022, 02:54:45 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed that. The video was fucking hilarious.  :lol The tune was prime Eurovision pop metal. Lovely!

I'll show you the door mate, you're obviously lost.

DoctorAction

Quote from: wolfking on March 15, 2022, 03:50:42 AM
Quote from: DoctorAction on March 15, 2022, 02:54:45 AM

I'll show you the door mate, you're obviously lost.

It brought me joy. Laughed my head off!

I hate metal videos in general. I enjoyed this one more than the recent Arch Enemy ones, for example,  but they are essentially both the lame same.

jingle.boy

Finally, something from Frontiers that I can get behind

June 10th.
Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

TAC

I'd be careful using "get behind" and Frontiers in the same sentence.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Glasser

Quote from: TAC on March 15, 2022, 12:08:02 PM

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin    (____O____)

wolfking

That would indeed make Del Vicchio too close for my liking.

RodrigoAltaf

I spoke with a guy who's releasing a new album through Frontiers this week, who was very blunt in the interview and said "a lot of the Frontiers releases sound exactly the same, so I wanted mine to be a little bit more creative than average".

TAC

Quote from: RodrigoAltaf on March 15, 2022, 05:46:45 PM
I spoke with a guy who's releasing a new album through Frontiers this week, who was very blunt in the interview and said "a lot of the Frontiers releases sound exactly the same, so I wanted mine to be a little bit more creative than average".

Says everyone who releases a new album with Frontiers.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Glasser

Ronnie Atkins? If so, I agree, great new album.

RodrigoAltaf

Quote from: Glasser on March 15, 2022, 06:51:34 PM

No, I  haven't listened to his new album.  But yes, Ronnie always delivers it! I interviewed him when one of the Nordic Union albums came out, and he was really cool. The guy I spoke with today is Mark Boals, who sang with Yngwie for many years.

Glasser

Quote from: RodrigoAltaf on March 15, 2022, 07:40:25 PM

New Shining Black kicks ass!!!!
No, I  haven't listened to his new album.  But yes, Ronnie always delivers it! I interviewed him when one of the Nordic Union albums came out, and he was really cool. The guy I spoke with today is Mark Boals, who sang with Yngwie for many years.

wolfking

Interesting Boals said that about Frontiers.  His solo and Ring of Fire stuff are on Frontiers.  But that's kind of back when Frontiers were good.

Lowdz

Because they are written by one dude - who tends to be in all the videos as well 🤨

I was thinking he must be really busy, writing so many songs, but then I realised he's probably been compiling them for 30 years and now he has an outlet for them.

RodrigoAltaf

Quote from: wolfking on March 15, 2022, 11:27:24 PM

Interesting Boals said that about Frontiers.  His solo and Ring of Fire stuff are on Frontiers.  But that's kind of back when Frontiers were good.

He's working on a new Ring of Fire album...but without Virgil or Tony.

Anguyen92

I'd get behind the idea of Frontiers not making cringy music videos.  Would that phrase suffice?

wolfking

Quote from: RodrigoAltaf on March 16, 2022, 07:59:26 AM
Quote from: wolfking on March 15, 2022, 11:27:24 PM

He's working on a new Ring of Fire album...but without Virgil or Tony.

Hmmm....not interested then.  Unless it's George Bellas again.

Lowdz

Resurrecting the pointless thread from a couple of pages down to say the new Black Swan album is excellent.

I also found these Aussie guys on YouTube a few days back and was pleasantly surprised- Dangerous Curves. Sound like the last Danger Danger album.

There's life out there yet 😁

jingle.boy

Quote from: Lowdz on April 09, 2022, 04:10:56 AM
Resurrecting the pointless thread from a couple of pages down to say the new Black Swan album is excellent.

I also found these Aussie guys on YouTube a few days back and was pleasantly surprised- Dangerous Curves. Sound like the last Danger Danger album.

There's life out there yet 😁

Ooohhh... didn't know Black Swan had a new release.  Dammit - another added to the 2022 list (which is rather long at the moment).
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

wolfking

That first Black Swan album was really good.

jingle.boy

I'm in the midst of spinning the new First Signal album.  Exactly what I'd want/expect out of this act.  Helps that I'm a big fan of HH's voice.

TAC

The Black Swan came out yesterday but for some reason was not on Spotify. The first two singles of the new album were though. It sounds great and Robin McAuley sounds incredible.

Peter Mc

Was just coming on to see what the feeling was on Black Swan but it seems like people enjoy them.  I think both albums are decent and they at least write their own stuff.  Some tasty riffs and solos from Reb Beach and the singer is excellent.  It's nothing groundbreaking obviously but good enjoyable 80's sounding cheese rock.  Avoid their videos though!  They look pretty awful!

Axel Rudi Pell used to be my fix for this type of stuff but he hasn't released anything decent in about 10-15 years.

jingle.boy

Sure he has... it just sounds exactly the same as those albums from 10-15 years ago.:lol

Peter Mc

I know you're being tongue in cheek but I sometimes think that.  Is it just me, have I got bored of his stuff?  Then I put on his early stuff and it's still so good.  His inspiration has totally run dry but he put out a lot of really good (albeit similar!) albums in the 90's and early 2000's.  Last decent one was probably Mystica in 2006. 

Listened to a new song of his the other day and the lyrics (admittedly not his strength even in his pomp) were literally just a bunch of his stock phrases pasted together in random order making little or no sense. 

wolfking

Pretty much agree with all that Peter.  His older stuff is fantastic but the newer stuff not much.  The last really good one for me was Tales of the Crown.  I thought that was really excellent.