Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 572561 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread
« Reply #6125 on: January 15, 2021, 01:42:33 PM »
It's definitely been a running joke for a long time now, the bitch thing was having some fun at Brent' s post beforehand.

I'm glad I've generated so much discussion here, for all the wrong reasons.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6126 on: January 15, 2021, 01:44:41 PM »
Funny thing is, except for the paper bag (she's not THAT unattractive, but then again, I'm not sure I've ever seen Tom Englund! :) :) :)) most of that rant was spot on.   There was one key change, after the solo, that was as awkward as me talking to girls when I was 17.   And for some reason - might be because I was listening on my computer - her voice when she hit those high, sustaining notes at the end of the verses actually hurt my ears.    I quit listening with about 45 seconds left to read the review, then went back (because I had missed the "Mariah Carey" part) and sure enough, that's what it was, even down to the cheese-filled hand gesture marking out the notes being sung. 

I'm sure she's got some good music somewhere, and I'm certainly not averse to the genre of the song itself, but that was not it's best example right there.   Whoof.

Love this post.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6127 on: January 15, 2021, 01:45:24 PM »
Those keyboards at the start almost had me vomiting within 5 seconds.

That lead guitar line actually was alright with a nice tone but then quickly, this bitch started singing and yep, the paper bag was accidentally left at home.

Fuck, how many unneccesary key changes can we fit into this song in under a minute?  Fuck, we need more just to try and make this bitch sound interesting.

Reminds me heavily of a Find Me song but with shit vocals, and even though this bitch has a decent body, Robbie LaBlanc is still more attractive.

Oh fuck, the second verse and we're into about our fifth fucking key change.

Oh, here comes the Boys of Summer three note guitar melody recycled and used in every third Frontiers song.  Martensson and WET could get away with it but not this bitch!

Okay a solo.....wait, that solo sounds like Mularoni *checks credits* it is!  Dude, don't get suckered in to Del Vicchio' s lair, you actually have some talent.  Your playing for this bitch?  You play with Tom Englund dude, come on!  Oh who by the way is also more attractive. 

Fuck, solo wasn't long enough, she's opening her fucking mouth again.

Lol, another key change?  Fuck off!

What the fuck was that at the end?  You're not Mariah Carey bitch!

The only good thing about this is Mularoni, guitar playing and I guess he's also more attractive than this bitch.

Time to watch some Gary Moore or Children of Bodom.  Haven't decided yet but yeah, fuck that bitch.

Glorious... reminds me of the FU rage post.  Thank you for starting my Friday off right.

I knew you'd appreciate.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6128 on: January 15, 2021, 04:51:13 PM »
In case anyone was curious, I opted for the Gary Moore.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6129 on: January 15, 2021, 04:56:42 PM »

Now that's something I can appreciate!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6130 on: January 15, 2021, 04:59:01 PM »

Now that's something I can appreciate!

I'm on a bit of a Moore kick.  I'm finishing going through the Bodom albums but yeah, going to revisit this legend a bit moore.  Just pulling out a lot of his cd's now and ripping them to my new PC.  Listening to We Want Moore, so good.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6131 on: January 15, 2021, 05:13:42 PM »
New Sunstorm;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOfCuhLd6eU

This is as big a fuckup as replacing Karlsson with Tolkki on Allen/Lande.

Mularoni is a great guitarist but jeez he plays the same solo everytime, almost literally.  Same key changes into the solo and another change at the end of the solo.  His bends, pinch harmonics and phrasing and runs are always the same.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #6132 on: January 15, 2021, 05:19:09 PM »

good move. Ive had Out in the Fields stuck in my head for over a week at this point.

Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6133 on: January 15, 2021, 05:23:48 PM »

good move. Ive had Out in the Fields stuck in my head for over a week at this point.

Such an amazing classic.  :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6134 on: January 15, 2021, 05:54:04 PM »
Whether its Thin Lizzy/Gary Moore or Primal Fear singing Out in the Fields, that song kicks major ass  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6135 on: January 15, 2021, 06:06:52 PM »
Listening to We Want Moore, so good.

OK, I'm spinning it now.

Murder In The Skies....

Pop quiz..

Anyone remember who wrote that riff? Who was paying attention??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6136 on: January 15, 2021, 06:15:59 PM »
That solo on Shapes Of Things  :hefdaddy

Unfuckinghuman

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6137 on: January 15, 2021, 06:28:18 PM »
Listening to We Want Moore, so good.

OK, I'm spinning it now.

Murder In The Skies....

Pop quiz..

Anyone remember who wrote that riff? Who was paying attention??

Fuuuuuuccckkkkk??!?!??  Was it Neil Carter?  Or even Chapman?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6138 on: January 15, 2021, 06:33:45 PM »
Nice job!! Yes, it was on the Chapman/Carter/Parker demo that they did after the Making Contact tour blew up in the Spring of 1983.

And I've mentioned this many times but Don Airey was unavailable to do Gary's US tour that summer, so Neil Carter did it. And since they were third on the bill of my very first concert, that makes them the very first band I ever saw. Gary Moore, Neil Carter, Neil Murray, and Ian f'n Paice!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6139 on: January 15, 2021, 08:31:15 PM »
Nice job!! Yes, it was on the Chapman/Carter/Parker demo that they did after the Making Contact tour blew up in the Spring of 1983.

And I've mentioned this many times but Don Airey was unavailable to do Gary's US tour that summer, so Neil Carter did it. And since they were third on the bill of my very first concert, that makes them the very first band I ever saw. Gary Moore, Neil Carter, Neil Murray, and Ian f'n Paice!!

Booyah!

I think there's a full concert on YouTube with that lineup perhaps?  I'll have to check it.

The list of bands and artists you've seen mate almost makes you celebrity status.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6140 on: January 15, 2021, 08:34:17 PM »
No, it just makes me old. :)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6141 on: January 15, 2021, 09:25:37 PM »
No, it just makes me old. :)

You guys would scoff but I do wish I was born 10 years earlier. 

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6142 on: January 15, 2021, 10:56:15 PM »
New Sunstorm;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOfCuhLd6eU

This is as big a fuckup as replacing Karlsson with Tolkki on Allen/Lande.

Mularoni is a great guitarist but jeez he plays the same solo everytime, almost literally.  Same key changes into the solo and another change at the end of the solo.  His bends, pinch harmonics and phrasing and runs are always the same.

I listened to about half ..............it's listenable but that's about it.

Every time I hear Ronnie now I get the vibe of Steve Lee (Gotthard.........R.I.P.).    The guys in Gotthard should just bite the bullet - Leo Leoni has used Ronnie in his side project - and get Ronnie in.   He's the perfect fit and Gotthard are a pretty big band in Europe.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6143 on: January 17, 2021, 02:47:52 PM »
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/joe-lynn-turner-blasts-record-label-for-continuing-sunstorm-project-without-him-says-he-has-no-intention-of-leaving-his-aor-roots/

"I made an original statement in December where I kindly and respectfully to all parties involved, tried to explain the reasons for my departure from the SUNSTORM Project. My statement was very clear, however, with the Frontiers official media release of the new SUNSTORM and the accompanying statements, in my opinion, I see a definite attempt to twist my words to justify the effort to promote this new release of SUNSTORM, show their autonomous power for any and all creative and business endeavours and prove the fact that no moral or ethical considerations exist as long as the corporation holds the legal trademark…

"In my view, what Frontiers is claiming about Me in their official statement has nothing to do with real cause and events. I am very agitated with my professional brand, name and likeness being used by them in the media as an excuse to validate their narrative and agenda of continuing the Project's title with a replacement singer. Trying to convince the loyal fans that I 'moved away from the original melodic rock direction of the early SUNSTORM albums' of which I was the main vocalist and imply that I did not want to continue due to my 'desire to work on heavier music styles' is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE! FAKE NEWS!

"Judging by the outpour of questions from fans on social media, I am very concerned with Frontiers false claims of which they have absolutely NO first-hand knowledge of. For the record, I still have so many more AOR demo songs and could easily do an AOR style record tomorrow, so, I guess, I will take my songs to another record label and continue my AOR discography… As I must now specify again and again, I have absolutely NO INTENTION TO STOP my AOR original roots!

"[Frontiers president and A&R director Serafino] Perugino states that he brought this 6th album 'back towards the original musical style that was established with the early albums' with 'outstanding results'. In my humble opinion, after listening to the first released single from the new album, it could not be further from the truth. There seems to be a great deal of hypocrisy in this situation. I personally see absolutely no 'original musical style' about it.… No original: producer, vocalist, band members, song writers… Nothing. So, the main issue here is, why continue calling it SUNSTORM? Who do they think they are kidding?... After all, only fans can be the judge.

"To me it resembles the majority of releases on Frontiers Label as they often seem to be written, performed and produced by the same source. This being the exact reason why I was not going to continue…

"'With Alessandro Del Vecchio as usual handling the songwriting and Perugino overseeing the A&R and creative direction', as they point out in their official statement, I believe, the purpose of the original classic AOR project ceased to exist therefore, I was extremely reluctant to offer any more of my original songs due to the lack of negotiation, promotion, poor business tactics and general lack of respect for Me on their part. And I tried to express these concerns 3 years ago while recording the 5th album 'The Road to Hell' but they were never heard, acknowledged or address by Frontiers. Completely frustrating!

"I must make it very clear, I do not speak for other Artists on the Frontiers Label and never would, I have absolutely no intention to attack or malign anyone, but this is my experience and personal point of view after so many years of association… In my 50-year carrier, I have been with a lot bigger record companies and was never treated and discounted like I was with Frontiers Label.

"I have spent 14 dedicated years to create SUNSTORM's legacy… Only to be unfairly replaced… Again, I was never informed that the Label will continue the SUNSTORM brand with the replacement singer…

"In closing, I'd like to take this opportunity and thank all the incredibly loyal fans that have supported Me and SUNSTORM through out all these years… Right up to this present moment your dedication is the exact reason why I as an Artist needed to take this stand and uphold the quality and purpose of what we all love and treasure about the Music! I would never cheat You or Myself by being compromised by any dominating corporate forces! The Artists together with the Fans must preserve the integrity of the Art. For what we choose now, echoes in Eternity…

"Love and Respect… JLT".

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #6144 on: January 17, 2021, 03:13:09 PM »
Why does he insist on capitalizing "Me" and "Myself" through the piece?    (And yes, that's what I latch onto, because I don't know the first thing about the behind the scenes shenanigans).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #6145 on: January 17, 2021, 03:29:47 PM »
Why does he insist on capitalizing "Me" and "Myself" through the piece?    (And yes, that's what I latch onto, because I don't know the first thing about the behind the scenes shenanigans).

He also capitalized "I" too.  ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6146 on: January 17, 2021, 04:56:52 PM »
Other than the few instances of a 'Trump-like' style of communicating, this was a completely fair response given the situation.  I don't know the behind the scenes shenanigans either, but I do know what my ears listen to from Frontiers - 97% is softcock shit.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6147 on: January 17, 2021, 05:02:32 PM »
Other than the few instances of a 'Trump-like' style of communicating, this was a completely fair response given the situation.  I don't know the behind the scenes shenanigans either, but I do know what my ears listen to from Frontiers - 97% is softcock shit.

He basically backed up what we've been saying for a long time now.  Good on him for putting it all out there I say.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6148 on: January 17, 2021, 05:36:09 PM »

It's more me making fun of JLT than anything else.   For me, an outside observer, there's something fishy about Frontiers.  I've looked into a couple albums, even those with amazing, documented songwriters like Jack Blades, and they seem to be dominated by Alessandro Del Vecchio and that rings false to me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6149 on: January 17, 2021, 05:58:32 PM »

It's more me making fun of JLT than anything else.   For me, an outside observer, there's something fishy about Frontiers.  I've looked into a couple albums, even those with amazing, documented songwriters like Jack Blades, and they seem to be dominated by Alessandro Del Vecchio and that rings false to me.

It's been a constant descent now for a long time and just continues to go downhill.

If Del Vicchio starts writing for Karlsson, it probably wouldn't surprise me.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #6150 on: January 17, 2021, 07:21:36 PM »
"To me it resembles the majority of releases on Frontiers Label as they often seem to be written, performed and produced by the same source. This being the exact reason why I was not going to continue…"

This is how I feel about the label in general. 95% of what I hear from them sounds like it could be from the same project but with different singers.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6151 on: January 18, 2021, 07:38:12 AM »
Which I'm not fundamentally against (Ayreon and Star One), but just be honest about it.  I feel like I'm watching something unfold with Arjen, like I - as a fan - am along for the ride.   Jack Blades is one of my favorite musicians of all time, and I looked forward to Revolution Saints as something new; I think I listened to the first album once and never bothered to go back.  It felt... not deceptive, but calculated.   Like a VEHICLE.  I'm not all the way through the Ayreon catalogue (though I have the two Star One CDs) and never once have I EVER thought of that as "vehicle".   

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #6152 on: January 18, 2021, 08:58:58 AM »
How did Ayreon make it in to the Frontiers thread?  :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #6153 on: January 18, 2021, 09:33:15 AM »

Pearls before swine?  ;)
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6154 on: January 18, 2021, 01:15:07 PM »
It shouldn't surprise anyone here, but when I bowl, I need those little bumpers to keep my ball in my lane.  :) :) :)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6155 on: January 18, 2021, 02:24:04 PM »

This lol.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #6156 on: January 18, 2021, 04:11:25 PM »
Good for him for calling out Frontiers on using the same songwriters for so many different projects.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #6157 on: January 18, 2021, 07:57:20 PM »
Good for him for calling out Frontiers on using the same songwriters for so many different projects.

Which is nice to see. I would assume that it would be tempting to just shut up and take the payday especially for someone at the later stage of their career. He seems to still care about whatever his name is attached to. He also still sounds pretty damn good for someone pushing 70
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #6158 on: January 18, 2021, 08:22:43 PM »
I couldn't even find a Wikipedia page on her and lost interest immediately soon after.

Also the first single for the non JLT Sunstorm came out today. I only made it through about half the song before I tapped out. Just more basic generic stuff.

Someone in the comments called Frontiers a money laundering scheme and I can't stop thinking about that.

:rollin :rollin

After reading the Blabbermouth link, I had to find this quote. I guess JLT agrees.  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6159 on: January 20, 2021, 04:43:09 AM »
Gary Hughes, what the fucking fuck is this shit.

https://youtu.be/WAgwrHdrvYA

Fuck me.