Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 572685 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Tim, give Striker / Alive in the Studio a go.  Some of the background vox are cringe-worthy - that's what ya get for a live/undubbed performance - but otherwise it's really good (imo).

That's excellent.

They sound like if Michael Schenker joined Anthrax.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I know no one here likes Vega, but I've loved their sound since the first album and been following ever since.  The last one was a bit underwhelming but this new one turns the quality up again and reminds me a lot of Stereo Messiah/What the Hell era, which is great.  Really enjoying it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
It's next on the rotation this morning.  I'm just wrapping up Bloody Heels / Ignite the Sky.  As Tim would say, 'easy on the ears'.  This one is a keeper.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The first few songs are more 80's hard rock, but the real melodic stuff opens up from around track 5 onwards.

Never heard Bloody Heels, will check them.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The first few songs are more 80's hard rock, but the real melodic stuff opens up from around track 5 onwards.

Were on a podcast (I keep saying that lately)  :lol   I think Striker may have been a podcast debut around here too..........or a roulette.........I dunno.   The good old days  ;D

If I can find the time to listen to about 500 albums I hopefully might get a rough best of 2018-2020 together at some point.  Must find some time to listen to music dammit!
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Your podcast made me check Strikers self titled album, really cool stuff.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Were on a podcast (I keep saying that lately)  :lol   I think Striker may have been a podcast debut around here too..........or a roulette.........I dunno.   The good old days  ;D

I absolutely remember that my intro to them was thru you.  Loved the tune/album you played, and have followed them ever since.   :tup

Vega ... that was a nice listen, but don't think it's going to make the cut of what I keep/go back to.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I didn't expect it to truthfully.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
New Hell in the Club is pretty damn good. Album drops in September.

https://youtu.be/CY-fiyFQ9NY

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Didn't know where to put this one.  It's not classic Hard Rock/Metal, but it's not Frontiers puff either.  Somewhere in between - and it's a Stryper cover.  I dug it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vQm4bkMTyg

Album comes out next month.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I think Soldiers Under Command is the best song in the entire Stryper discography.........this is a fantastic cover  :metal

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Listening to the new Primal Fear.  I'm diggin this too.  Solid as solid gets.  I mean, it's nothing terribly ground-breaking, but it doesn't sound old, tired, or stale - as I had feared it might based on the first couple of singles.  Right up there with what I'd expect out of Primal Fear kicking ass.  :2metal:

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Listening to the new Primal Fear.  I'm diggin this too.  Solid as solid gets.  I mean, it's nothing terribly ground-breaking, but it doesn't sound old, tired, or stale - as I had feared it might based on the first couple of singles.  Right up there with what I'd expect out of Primal Fear kicking ass.  :2metal:

Primal Fear is the same as Saxon.....everything is either awesome or at least "solid".

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Didn't know where to put this one.  It's not classic Hard Rock/Metal, but it's not Frontiers puff either.  Somewhere in between - and it's a Stryper cover.  I dug it.

Hell yes! That's the singer of Golden Resurrection and Narnia!

I AM IN!!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That was a pretty damn good cover.  He's a great singer, but she can fuck off.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That's good.  The three singles have been pretty crap really for Primal Fear.  Glad there seems to be more going on in the album then.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Hell yes! That's the singer of Golden Resurrection and Narnia!

So it is.  @ Kade... the chick was definitely the weak point.  I thought the solo was a ripper.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
What's wrong with the girl, guys? She's barely there on the Stryper cover.
I watched the other video they had, and she's on that a lot more. I had no problem with her.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I watched the other video they had, and she's on that a lot more. I had no problem with her.

Probably just my issue with most female singers.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

They sing with their clothes on??

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

They sing with their clothes on??

It certainly doesn't help.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Wasn't so much that there was anything wrong, just that she was the weakest part of the song.  I don't think her being there really added anything - didn't make the song any better, or worse.  I haven't tried the other song of theirs yet.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

That was a pretty damn good cover.  He's a great singer, but she can fuck off.

If I could get a view of her hammers, I would give an opinion.  Besides that, Soldiers Under Command  :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wasn't so much that there was anything wrong, just that she was the weakest part of the song.  I don't think her being there really added anything - didn't make the song any better, or worse.  I haven't tried the other song of theirs yet.

She has the same last name as the other dude, so maybe it's a husband/wife team.

I'm still in.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

She has the same last name as the other dude, so maybe it's a husband/wife team.

I'm still in.

A threesome you mean??

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well, not exactly. His job would be the camera man.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Camera men need lovin too!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
OK, then you're invited. :P

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Primal Fear is the same as Saxon.....everything is either awesome or at least "solid".

I can follow that.

I've literally been listening to Biff Byford and Saxon since I was 12 or 13, so I do hold them as pretty spcial.

Musically, they are quite similar, especially over the last 10-15 years.

But my biggest issue is getting through an entire album with Ralf Sheepers. I just don't connect with his voice.

BUT...

Infinity is a freaking awesome song. Top 10 SOTY.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I can follow that.

I've literally been listening to Biff Byford and Saxon since I was 12 or 13, so I do hold them as pretty spcial.

Musically, they are quite similar, especially over the last 10-15 years.

But my biggest issue is getting through an entire album with Ralf Sheepers. I just don't connect with his voice.

BUT...

Infinity is a freaking awesome song. Top 10 SOTY.

If I recall, you said before you arent the biggest Rob Halford fan.  Ralf is Rob 101 so that makes sense.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, oddly, I've never been a huge Priest guy. I like them. A lot. But they've never been a favorite.
I do like Rob Halford a lot too.  I think he's totally cool.

But Ralf is just not a pleasurable sound to my ears for whatever reason.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, oddly, I've never been a huge Priest guy. I like them. A lot. But they've never been a favorite.
I do like Rob Halford a lot too.  I think he's totally cool.

But Ralf is just not a pleasurable sound to my ears for whatever reason.

Metal is Forever  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
And per Blabbermouth...............a Rob Halford action figure is arriving soon  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal