Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 572594 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Heading back out of the thread about now... :lol

Let me know when you're discussing lame music again. ;D

Well, it is the growlie round with Indi.  Just head back over here. .
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Heading back out of the thread about now... :lol

Let me know when you're discussing lame music again. ;D

Well, it is the growlie round with Indi.  Just head back over here. .

O rly?  Might pop in and say hello and have a cuppa.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

Aw you guys crack me up. Needed that - today has been a shitty shift  >:(

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
That is killer, though Bjorn sounds so autotuned on the chorus.  He kills it on the rest of the song though!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Trying to catch up on some releases that have slipped by.  The Riot thread has been keeping me busy so time to look back.

Halfway through the latest H.E.A.T. and hot damn, these guys listened to Address The Nation before writing this one.  I didn't even listen to the last one cause the song released were shit but this is old school.  Well done, very good.  Some catchy shit here and strong performances and sound.

Offline Lowdz

Trying to catch up on some releases that have slipped by.  The Riot thread has been keeping me busy so time to look back.

Halfway through the latest H.E.A.T. and hot damn, these guys listened to Address The Nation before writing this one.  I didn't even listen to the last one cause the song released were shit but this is old school.  Well done, very good.  Some catchy shit here and strong performances and sound.

Yeah, back on form with this one. You didn’t miss anything with the last one.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That's what I thought.  I won't bother going back and checking it then.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

That's what I thought.  I won't bother going back and checking it then.

I heard they were changing the name of the band to L.U.K.E.W.A.R.M.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Since Tim has graced us with his presence, I am halfway through the Work of Art from like December last year when it came out.  They've gone softer again (if that was somehow possible) almost Toto like, but it's pretty smooth.  Wasn't really expecting anything but it has some really nice old school 80's AOR things going on.  All the songs are the same but it's a nice listen.  Great guitar and vocals.  Right up Tim's alley, he'd love it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Since Tim has graced us with his presence, I am halfway through the Work of Art from like December last year when it came out.  They've gone softer again (if that was somehow possible) almost Toto like, but it's pretty smooth.  Wasn't really expecting anything but it has some really nice old school 80's AOR things going on.  All the songs are the same but it's a nice listen.  Great guitar and vocals.  Right up Tim's alley, he'd love it.

Sounds awful. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Sounds awful. :lol

I thought of Michael when listening and wondered if he's knows them.  :lol

It's safe to say however that your assessment would be the same after listening too.  :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Checked the Archon Angel.  I thought this was actually pretty decent.  It's a random regular Frontiers affair with what sounds like songs written by lots of different people and different players but there's still a bit of variety and some interesting songwriting IMO.  Some interesting guitar solos too at times.  Zak sounds great and the production was quite clear.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Checked the Archon Angel.  I thought this was actually pretty decent.  It's a random regular Frontiers affair with what sounds like songs written by lots of different people and different players but there's still a bit of variety and some interesting songwriting IMO.  Some interesting guitar solos too at times.  Zak sounds great and the production was quite clear.

The thing I found odd about that one is that Zak's wife is credited as a writer on every track. From there she shares credit with Lonobile, Agate and Mularoni in various pairings.

Otherwise, I found it to be an enjoyable listen.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

The thing I found odd about that one is that Zak's wife is credited as a writer on every track. From there she shares credit with Lonobile, Agate and Mularoni in various pairings.

Yeah, that is a bit odd actually.  maybe she wrote lyrics for him?

Maybe she wrote the Serpent specifically about Zak if you know what I mean lol.

Offline Lowdz

Yeah, that is a bit odd actually.  maybe she wrote lyrics for him?

Maybe she wrote the Serpent specifically about Zak if you know what I mean lol.

:blush :lol
I'm sure I read somewhere she wrote lyrics for this.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I read it's a bit of a concept story.  Story seems a bit girly I guess.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well Wolf Hoffman's wife wrote for Accept, which might explain the lyrics to Love Child. :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Well Wolf Hoffman's wife wrote for Accept, which might explain the lyrics to Love Child. :lol

Huh, I never knew that.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Huh, I never knew that.

I never knew that either.  And I always figured that the lyrics of Accept and Judas Priest were always written from a gay mans perspective.  I remember reading somewhere that Rob Halford stated that every Priest song had a gay reference at some point within the song.  Makes no difference to me because all Priest songs are awesome  :metal.  I thought I read something similar with Accept

Also any Accept discussion should be put into the Hard Rock thread (no activity since April 19th lol).

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
R.I.P  Brian Howe 

As a young guy the classic lineup of Bad Company passed me by - the version of the band that I knew was the Holy Water era and that guy had a really nice "melodic rock" voice.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

R.I.P  Brian Howe 

As a young guy the classic lineup of Bad Company passed me by - the version of the band that I knew was the Holy Water era and that guy had a really nice "melodic rock" voice.

Me too. Dangerous Age and Holy Water were excellent. What a great voice he had for that stuff. RIP.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
R.I.P  Brian Howe 

Oh wow.  I don't really know anything about him but for some reason I have one of his later solo albums on Frontiers.  It had a couple of nice melodic rock songs.  Good voice.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Some of his stuff if you're interested Kade

Bad Company : Holy Water https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh5NV-Lyzok

Ted Nugent : Tied Up In Love  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u-BRv-GiIQ   ........of course The Nuge made the whole video about himself :lol

White Spirit (1981 with Janick Gers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxwxRSfUdi4&app=desktop

Totally off topic................but if I wasn't done with Within Temptation already , hearing their latest load of horrendously produced shite has sealed it.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

• DTF.org Member
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

• DTF.org Member
At The Movies - The NeverEnding Story

Hitting my childhood self with this one.  :heart

Offline Lowdz

Loved all those covers pretty much. Is there going to be an album or was this all just for shit n giggles?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hey, guess who's doing a 30 day bump of this thread?? :lol

This album came across my ticker today, and I must say, it is damn easy on the ears.

Apparently it's a Frontiers release.

Skip the second song, Boogeyman..It blows.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Funny... I just added that to my 2020 'check it out' list yesterday.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Listening now. It is damn pleasant.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I watched the Boogeyman video last night and that has to be some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard.  Laughed so hard.

I wasn't keen on the first song released a while back but I love Mark Boals so I'll try it out.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The new Freefall is as expected, very good and even though Magnus loves his formula, some quality songwriting.  Don't care much for the production at all though truthfully.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

This album came across my ticker today, and I must say, it is damn easy on the ears.

I believe this to be Tim-speak for "new music - with clean vocals - that doesn't blow."  And yes, Boogeyman is absolutely atrocious.

Tim, give Striker / Alive in the Studio a go.  Some of the background vox are cringe-worthy - that's what ya get for a live/undubbed performance - but otherwise it's really good (imo).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I believe this to be Tim-speak for "new music - with clean vocals - that doesn't blow." 

:lol Yeah, pretty much.

I finally gave the Black Swan a dedicated listen, and I have to say, it really wasn't that good.