Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 572664 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Still haven't listened to the Archon Angel.  Fuck I'm lazy checking out new shit these days.  Still haven't checked the H.E.A.T. either.

I finally listened to HEAT II today. Excellent stuff. Tim hates it though.

So far, I’ve been very good at focussing on my existing library this year. Only bought 1 album; only saved 4 on Spotify.

Perhaps if Tim could provide a list of all the stuff he has been hating lately you might find some more stuff to buy  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Still haven't listened to the Archon Angel.  Fuck I'm lazy checking out new shit these days.  Still haven't checked the H.E.A.T. either.

So far, I’ve been very good at focussing on my existing library this year. Only bought 1 album; only saved 4 on Spotify.

Perhaps if Tim could provide a list of all the stuff he has been hating lately you might find some more stuff to buy  ;D

You might be on to something here ... :justjen
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4

The new H.E.A.T is great.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I haven't purchased a single album this year yet.  The only one I might though you guys would have no interest in. (Sepultura).

Just doesn't seem that exciting anymore in terms of new releases.  Saying that, my check out list consists of Archon Angel, H.E.A.T, Demons and Wizards and Night Flilght Orchestra.  Not much more after that I'm really looking forward too either.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline goo-goo

I'm listening to Novena and Allen/Olzon...I'm digging both releases a lot. The Novena album reminds me of early Haken and in my opinion, it's a lot more interesting and better than Vector.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
New Harem Scarem out today.  First two tracks were weak, but the rest of the album is solid.

Also, and Kade might remember this one from a Roulette submission of mine a few years back, Shaft of Steel just had a new release out.  Gonna spin that one next.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

https://youtu.be/uavh38flVv4

Harem Scarem video just posted. Pretty standard HS fare. Decent.

Just heard the latest Dynazty song and thought it was shit. I really hate their keyboard sounds. https://youtu.be/UQ4uyq3GU1w

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Harem Scarem out today.  First two tracks were weak, but the rest of the album is solid.

Also, and Kade might remember this one from a Roulette submission of mine a few years back, Shaft of Steel just had a new release out.  Gonna spin that one next.

Oh yeah, Drive, killer song.  Wasn't a fan that this was just on an EP but a full length album has me interested.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
https://youtu.be/uavh38flVv4

Harem Scarem video just posted. Pretty standard HS fare. Decent.

That's actually not a bad song. I couldn't fault anyone for liking this.

Is that Lonestar on guitar?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Solid Harem Scarem

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's redundant.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It’s better than the new Saxon.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

The last Saxon album kind of blew. It was the first real dud of this "modern" era of the band.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

C’mon Chadster, let’s dial it back with the zingers

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

The last Saxon album kind of blew. It was the first real dud of this "modern" era of the band.

Nah, it was awesome.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Lol, the new House of Lords song is one of the worst things I've ever heard.  Fucking diabolical.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Lol, the new House of Lords song is one of the worst things I've ever heard.  Fucking diabolical.

Yikes lol. Assuming you won’t be picking this one up  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yikes lol. Assuming you won’t be picking this one up  :lol

Not based on that.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn, gotta wait an extra month for the Magnus Karlsson.

new Vega coming too, nice.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Alessandro has been in isolation for 4 weeks and written 55 albums that will be released in the second half of the year.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Alessandro has been in isolation for 4 weeks and written 55 albums that will be released in the second half of the year.

No doubt, I was thinking the same thing.  A lot of this down time will no doubt be utilised by a lot of artists to release albums since they are losing money on touring.  I think well see a majot spike in releases in 2021.

Offline Lowdz

Anyone listened to the new Gotthard? I really liked it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't know a lot of Gotthard, but I'll give this a twirl.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Never ever heard of Gotthard, but just checked out their video Missteria.  A combination of a classic rock sound along with bosomy women in the video = my approval.

Offline Lowdz

I don't know a lot of Gotthard, but I'll give this a twirl.

I’m not an expert on them. Earlier albums I remember thinking were very Whitesnake-y. Lip service and Domino Effect were excellent. Singer died in unlucky circumstances, hit by a truck I believe. I didn’t bother with their stuff after this but gave this one a go on a whim.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Never eally checked them out, but the songs I did, never really grabbed me.

Offline Lowdz

They do have a pretty generic sound.

Offline Lowdz

https://youtu.be/HQO_30t2_e8

New One Desire vid. Bloody hell, I like it. I have to say I wrote them off the first time I heard them but I may need to investigate further.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
https://youtu.be/HQO_30t2_e8

New One Desire vid. Bloody hell, I like it. I have to say I wrote them off the first time I heard them but I may need to investigate further.

Yeah, This came up on my Spotify new release list yesterday, and I really liked it. Then I looked at who it was, and I felt dirty.  :lol

Offline Lowdz

Me too. Tried Work of Art just in case but no, they were still shit 😀

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I love them and actually haven't checked their new one yet.

Offline Lowdz

It’s just too perfect,  shiny and nice for me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

It’s just too perfect,  shiny and nice for me.

Normally, I'd say the same, but these guys are an exception.  I've loved them since the first album but probably discovering them now they wouldn't float my boat.