Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 572702 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Since the Frontiers thread has been bumped.  I ordered a copy of both the WOA and Ferrymen.  WOA hasn't arrived and will be delayed apparently but I think the Ferrymen is pretty good.  At first it seems like just a Magnus by numbers in the way he's become a bit lately but on repeat listens, I think this has feels of his old stuff.  There's moments that make me think of Last Tribe and even the Tony O'Hora album with the melodies.

In a lot of ways it is a Magnus by numbers album but I do think he's put a little more effort in here.  His solos are the same every damn aong but at least his playing also is cleaner and even slightly less self indulgent too.  There's some nice songs.  Would have liked a big long heavy epic or something but it seems those are saved now strictly for Primal Fear.  Production is quite good too.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I think Ferrymen II is a fair bit better than the debut.  Still not sure if I prefer it over the Starbreaker album or not.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Admittedly I need to listen to the second Ferrymen more, but at the moment I still prefer the first one.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I think Ferrymen II is a fair bit better than the debut.  Still not sure if I prefer it over the Starbreaker album or not.

I think it's better than the latest Starbreaker.

Offline Peter Mc

I see Revolution Saints have just released a new song and announced new album for 24th January. I know it’s not fashionable but I think these guys are pretty good and new song does nothing to change that. I know it’s super derivative of Journey but Journey aren’t making new music so this is the next best thing for me, classic AOR sounding song with stellar musicians. Looking forward to the new album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I see Revolution Saints have just released a new song and announced new album for 24th January. I know it’s not fashionable but I think these guys are pretty good and new song does nothing to change that. I know it’s super derivative of Journey but Journey aren’t making new music so this is the next best thing for me, classic AOR sounding song with stellar musicians. Looking forward to the new album.

I thought the first album was fantastic but the second not so much.  I'll check the new one though.

Offline Peter Mc

I agree that 2nd album wasn’t as good but still some decent stuff on there for me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I agree that 2nd album wasn’t as good but still some decent stuff on there for me.

There was a couple of pretty good songs but not enough to warrant repeat listens for me.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Russell Allen/Anette Olzon collab coming in 2020. Here's the tiniest of teasers:

https://youtu.be/bHhQ6t5ia70?t=15

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Allen/Olzen!?

Pffft.......ugh.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Great team up, but I'd like another album with Russell and Amanda Somerville. The last one they did was a rerecording of an album in another language, and while not bad, the fun and energy wasn't there. Russell and Floor would be another great duo.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
So I guess it's official Lande and Karlsson have some kind of beef? The last Allen/Lande album had Timo Tolkki, and now thatRuss and Magnus are working again, Frontiers is pasting in one of the available singers from their roster (no dis to Anette, but she isn't busy with a main band at the moment) to make one half of the duet.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So I guess it's official Lande and Karlsson have some kind of beef? The last Allen/Lande album had Timo Tolkki, and now thatRuss and Magnus are working again, Frontiers is pasting in one of the available singers from their roster (no dis to Anette, but she isn't busy with a main band at the moment) to make one half of the duet.

It is a little strange, and a big missed opportunity but Jorn did sing on Magnus' last solo record so who knows.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Huh, interesting. Oh well, I'm wrong then, carry on.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Also coming in 2020....................

Happy New Year Kade  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Who the hell are those people? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Also coming in 2020....................

Happy New Year Kade  :metal

:rollin

I asked for that.  Even Russ looks depressed in that pic being paired up with that bitch.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Who's the blonde?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Australian Britney.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Oh... Is she any good? :P

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Australian Britney.

:lol  she ain't Aussie bro.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
So will we be seeing you down here in March Kade?

Firehouse have just been announced as headliner for the MR Fest - first ever tour.

Saturday :  Firehouse, Eclipse,Enuff Znuff , XYZ, Tony Harnell, Paul Laine, White Widdow

Sunday: Reckless Love, FM , Crazy Lixx,  Ron Keel, Kip Winger, Janet Gardner (Vixen),
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That's a .... solid .... lineup.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So will we be seeing you down here in March Kade?

Firehouse have just been announced as headliner for the MR Fest - first ever tour.

Saturday :  Firehouse, Eclipse,Enuff Znuff , XYZ, Tony Harnell, Paul Laine, White Widdow

Sunday: Reckless Love, FM , Crazy Lixx,  Ron Keel, Kip Winger, Janet Gardner (Vixen),

Not a bad lineup really.  Worth it for Kip.  I don't think I'd be approved time off in March however.   :'(

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I heard they were naming the stages.

On Saturday the bands are playing the Sucks Stage.
On Sunday they're playing the Blows Stage.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
If you send me your poster of Kip in the shower I will try and get him to sign it for you.

That's a .... solid .... lineup.

;D

I also forgot to mention Teramaze are playing , but only acoustic I think which is a shame.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Sounds like a good show to me. I’ve seen Firehouse live and they put on a great show

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Pretty sure I own a Firehouse album, but didn't think much of it from memory.

• DTF.org Member
I first heard Firehouse through my older sister, she was very into glam metal in the early 90s with the hair and everything. :lol Anyway she had the promo single for Don't Treat Me Bad on Vinyl. I LOVED those songs and listened to them alot back in the day. Don't Treat Me Bad and Overnight Sensation are killer tracks imo.

https://www.discogs.com/Firehouse-Dont-Treat-Me-Bad/release/2474263
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I first heard Firehouse through my older sister, she was very into glam metal in the early 90s with the hair and everything. :lol Anyway she had the promo single for Don't Treat Me Bad on Vinyl. I LOVED those songs and listened to them alot back in the day. Don't Treat Me Bad and Overnight Sensation are killer tracks imo.

Don’t forget “All She Wrote”, which is one of my all time favorite hair metal tunes  :metal

• DTF.org Member
Yea that's a killer track too!  :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Dean Wells just confirmed for me that Teramaze are now actually playing an electric set.............. :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Don’t forget “All She Wrote”, which is one of my all time favorite hair metal tunes  :metal

First two albums were awesome, a couple of fillers aside. Great live too.

Offline Lowdz

Just seen on Facebook that the next Jeff ascot Soto album is being written with... Alessandro the generic cheese meister.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just seen on Facebook that the next Jeff ascot Soto album is being written with... Alessandro the generic cheese meister.

For fucks sake!  His last one wasn't Damage Control level but was quite enjoyable. 

I checked out the new Revolution Saints video also and bleh.  Doesn't seem like they are going to be able to recreate the quality of the first one for me, but saying that it's only one song.  The comments also had Frontiers post the song writing credits;

1. When The Heartache Has Gone - Daniel Rossall, Alessandro Del Vecchio, Doug Aldrich
2. Price To Pay - Alessandro Del Vecchio
3. Rise - Daniel Rossall, Alessandro Del Vecchio, Doug Aldrich
4. Coming Home - Alessandro Del Vecchio
5. Closer - Alessandro Del Vecchio
6. Higher - Jack Blades, Doug Aldrich, Daniel Rossall, Alessandro Del Vecchio
7. Talk To Me - Alessandro Del Vecchio
8. It's Not The End (It's Just The Beginning) - Jack Blades
9. Million Miles - Alessandro Del Vecchio, Doug Aldrich
10. Win Or Lose - Daniel Rossall, Alessandro Del Vecchio
11. Eyes Of A Child - Jack Blades, Tommy Shaw

So much Del Vecchio.  And now JSS.  At least for him get Magnus or someone to write something with a bit of thickness and substance.