Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 572684 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Jeez time flies.  I just realised the amount of Fronteir releases that I normally would check out that I've missed;

Find Me
First Signal
Crazy Lixx
End Machine
Toby Hitchcock
Timo Tolkki
Hardline
Spirits of Fire

Even the Whitesnake I still haven't listened to.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Crazy Lixx and Hardline I quite enjoyed. Didn't know there was a release from Toby!  First Signal was awful. Timo - pass.  He's been too disappointing over the past few years - Allen/Lande and Avalon stuff  :tdwn
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

What he said.

Though the Hardline is average. That’s a win around here.

The Whitesnake is excellent though, Dave's voice aside. But even then it doesn’t spoil the album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
There was a video for a song off the Toby album and it was terrible.

The last Crazy Lixx I really enjoyed too so I'm sure this is more of the same.

I'll eventually check them out and share my thoughts.

Offline Lowdz

There was a video for a song off the Toby album and it was terrible.

The last Crazy Lixx I really enjoyed too so I'm sure this is more of the same.

I'll eventually check them out and share my thoughts.

I wasn’t as big a fan of the first Toby Hitchcock album as some of you guys, but the new one is shite.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Generic as hell but as per usual some great vocals from Paul Laine and ripping guitar from Rob Marcello

The Defiants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQmUkCWCYME
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Generic as hell but as per usual some great vocals from Paul Laine and ripping guitar from Rob Marcello

The Defiants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQmUkCWCYME

The couple of songs I've heard from this is as vomit inducing as it comes BUT for the style is really quite fresh and very well written so I'm keen for this one.  Actual generic melodic rock done really well.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
New Eclipse (from a couple of days ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-EvFAx0OsE

The chorus is terrible (lyrically), but otherwise, this ain't bad.  This riffs are pretty nice, actually.

Defiants was ok... nothing overly memorable, but a little grade above 'solid'.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought the Eclipse was fucking awful to be honest.  It's such a shame what a pile of crap this band has become after what they were able to produce early in their career.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Never heard of Eclipse but didn't make it past 30 seconds.  If Wolf says its fucking awful and a piece of crap, I think thats end of story lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Never heard of Eclipse but didn't make it past 30 seconds.  If Wolf says its fucking awful and a piece of crap, I think thats end of story lol

The disappointing thing is is that years ago I think I was the main one pimping these guys hard out.  They've just been letting me down more and more, I've lost all faith.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The Find Me album I would say has every generic, cliche, regurgitated vocal melody, lyric, guitar melody, song structure, keyboard line and patch you could have ever thought of from the world of melodic rock put into 1 package.  Every song is literally the same.  If you could pinpoint an album that has literally nothing fucking new whatsoever, it's this.  It's actually fucking impressive how generic they managed to make this.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
The Find Me album I would say has every generic, cliche, regurgitated vocal melody, lyric, guitar melody, song structure, keyboard line and patch you could have ever thought of from the world of melodic rock put into 1 package.  Every song is literally the same.  If you could pinpoint an album that has literally nothing fucking new whatsoever, it's this.  It's actually fucking impressive how generic they managed to make this.

I recall that you had a stiff one over their last  (first?) album, but I found the above comment could have applied to it.  I literally remembered NOTHING about it within a day or so.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
I really enjoy the first two albums, but yeah, the latest one did nothing for me either.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I haven't bothered with the new Find Me ..........song quality aside , that dude has a hell of a voice. Shame he hasn't appeared on more quality albums over the years.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I recall that you had a stiff one over their last  (first?) album, but I found the above comment could have applied to it.  I literally remembered NOTHING about it within a day or so.

The first one was great, the second I enjoyed although generic as fuck but yes, similar to this one, but this one takes generic to a whole new level.

I haven't bothered with the new Find Me ..........song quality aside , that dude has a hell of a voice. Shame he hasn't appeared on more quality albums over the years.

Robbie's voice is fucking unreal.  He is the reason I gave this a listen and may even give it the benefit of the doubt and listen again.  Such a strong voice.

I would love to hear him sing some metal, seriously.

Offline Lowdz

I liked the Defiants, didn’t like the Eclipse at all. Not even going to bother with Find Me.

Giant’s Last Of The Runaways is 30 today. Now there’s a melodic rock album ❤️

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yep, this First Signal is fucking shithouse.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Re: The official Frontiers Factory thread v. but.......we expected so much more?! :(
« Reply #5583 on: September 01, 2019, 01:44:53 AM »
Giant’s Last Of The Runaways is 30 today. Now there’s a melodic rock album ❤️

Love that record.  :heart :metal
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The official Frontiers Factory thread v. but.......we expected so much more?! :(
« Reply #5584 on: September 01, 2019, 04:19:44 AM »

I mean, it's slightly better than FU, but yeah... it was all tons of shyte.  Toby's wasn't much better.  Brace yourself.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5585 on: September 01, 2019, 04:32:05 AM »

I mean, it's slightly better than FU, but yeah... it was all tons of shyte.  Toby's wasn't much better.  Brace yourself.

I think I need a break.  Gonna roll through some Helloween this week to get Tim a top 25.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5586 on: September 09, 2019, 12:13:46 PM »
Quote from: Work Of Art
We know you've been waiting a long time, but the wait is almost over. This Wednesday, September 11th at noon CET, the first music video from our upcoming album, EXHIBITS will world premiere! Follow this link to sign up to be alerted when it goes live: https://youtu.be/tFELwC4U6HQ

Exhibits is out November 8th on Frontiers Music srl.

Soon time for some epic powder-puff rock!!  :tup :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5587 on: September 09, 2019, 03:04:26 PM »
Fuck yes!  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5588 on: September 11, 2019, 05:39:01 AM »
Had the most awful day at work.

Got home and got a notification for the new WOA!  What a way to end such a crap day.

It's funny it's been a couple of years for the band to come up with the same song.  Nothing new here at all and totally recycled but I like it.  Great melodies and performance.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5589 on: September 11, 2019, 07:50:04 AM »

Got home and got a notification for the new WOA!  What a way to end such a crap day.

It's funny it's been a couple of years for the band to come up with the same song.  Nothing new here at all and totally recycled but I like it.  Great melodies and performance.

It's got that typical Jo Williams era Toto sound to it (minus the complexity) and is a nice enough song but yeah.........heard it a dozen times before from them.   Tasty guitar solo was probably the best bit.

Supposedly the album is a bit more "rock" than usual so I guess this is a decent enough wimpy single to kick it off.   I hope to God there's some variety in the sound though cos I am just about done with bands like this that keep rehashing stuff.  I heard some stuff from the upcoming Pretty Maids the other day and I am finding them the same.   One of my all time favourite bands (despite most albums having plenty of filler) but well and truly out of ideas for the most part now.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5590 on: September 11, 2019, 08:29:43 AM »
I thought the same about the PM tune.  Liked it well enough, but it's the same ole same ole.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5591 on: September 11, 2019, 03:20:25 PM »

It's got that typical Jo Williams era Toto sound to it (minus the complexity) and is a nice enough song but yeah.........heard it a dozen times before from them.   Tasty guitar solo was probably the best bit.

Supposedly the album is a bit more "rock" than usual so I guess this is a decent enough wimpy single to kick it off.   I hope to God there's some variety in the sound though cos I am just about done with bands like this that keep rehashing stuff.  I heard some stuff from the upcoming Pretty Maids the other day and I am finding them the same.   One of my all time favourite bands (despite most albums having plenty of filler) but well and truly out of ideas for the most part now.

Robert Sall is a really good guitarist.  I was annoyed they didn't utilise him in W.E.T. bar a solo on each album.  But I guess Erik calls the shots but he’s better than Magnus IMO.

Yeah, I really hope there is some variety.  I liked the tune but not sure I could take the same thing 12 times over and over.

I agree with the PM too.  It's like a lot of bands these days find a good sound or are able to reinvent their sound but after a couple of albums, their style gets stagnant and for some reason they just write the same style at lesser quality.  It's hard to describe but the sound changes permanently and then they seem to get stagnant yet again.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5592 on: September 26, 2019, 06:22:36 PM »
For those after a blast of 80's (and bearing in mind this is an advance single that's probably on the commercial side vs the album) this new H.E.A.T. sounds like a bit of a return to form -  more along the lines of Address The Nation with a better production.

Generic but quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFaPjl9jYNw&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1IQefXAQkkFGQPpzudKg4UH55xMKrmPJit8rr0uYaKwiQE2dluaOMVg6g

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5593 on: September 27, 2019, 04:50:27 AM »
For those after a blast of 80's (and bearing in mind this is an advance single that's probably on the commercial side vs the album) this new H.E.A.T. sounds like a bit of a return to form -  more along the lines of Address The Nation with a better production.

Generic but quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFaPjl9jYNw&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1IQefXAQkkFGQPpzudKg4UH55xMKrmPJit8rr0uYaKwiQE2dluaOMVg6g

Will check this soon.  Loved ATN and the next one (can't even remember the name) but what I heard of the last one was terrible.

Edit: not bad.  Definitely a step back in the right direction.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 06:26:36 AM by wolfking »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5594 on: September 27, 2019, 07:33:55 AM »
I wasn't even a fan of the one after ATN  (Tear Down The Walls).........everyone else seems to like it though.

If you love Address The Nation and don't have the Korean bonus track (Too Far On The Wild Side) - it's up there with the rest of the album.  Let me know if you want it in mp3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ihsdTRwEuY

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #5595 on: September 27, 2019, 11:16:57 AM »
I enjoyed that. I didn’t like the last one too much but ATN and TDTW were excellent. I didn’t rate the albums with the first singer at all. Erik has a great voice.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The new Defiants is actually a pretty decent melodic rock album.  Reminds me of Revolve in places.  For what it is, it's well done.

Offline Lowdz

The new Defiants is actually a pretty decent melodic rock album.  Reminds me of Revolve in places.  For what it is, it's well done.

Yes, I enjoyed it. Rob Marcelo is a monster

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New solo album from Carl Dixon (Coney Hatch) out tomorrow. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9rMK9FqRJs

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That’s a pretty good tune! I’m not expecting another release from Coney Hatch so this is nice to hear new music from Carl