Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 571022 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Jesus.... out on Friday!?!?  How did Frontiers sneak this one in?  Looking forward to sampling it, but based on this track, expectations are not going to be very high given the absolute pot purri of vocalists AND musicians.  Not sure Altzi's gritty voice suits a not-so-metal style.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
A new project that will appeal to some around here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SIUhNWCE8E

Songs written by the guitarist from Saffire (a band I have got a few into around here) and vox  from Altzi , Strid and Apollo.   Guests all over this thing but it's a solid lineup.   The linked song is a lot more generic AOR than Saffire but I expect/hope this is just single material.

Meh, not bad, pretty generic as you said, but with Apollo and Strid involved, I'm interested.

Jesus.... out on Friday!?!?  How did Frontiers sneak this one in?  Looking forward to sampling it, but based on this track, expectations are not going to be very high given the absolute pot purri of vocalists AND musicians.  Not sure Altzi's gritty voice suits a not-so-metal style.

They must have so much shit on the go it just slipped through the promo cracks!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Another new Find Me track;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXE5Zf8Y4J0

You can say you've heard it without clicking.  A blatant rip of one or more of the songs from the last album.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Another Lose Me track.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Another Lose Me track.

Could have bet my life savings that was coming.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
  A blatant rip of one or more of the songs from the last album.

Same here! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
  A blatant rip of one or more of the songs from the last album.

Same here! :lol

:rollin

Offline Lowdz

Is this thread still a thing 😀😀😀😀

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Is this thread still a thing 😀😀😀😀

It's a pretty solid thread.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Found this cool cover of an old Europe song covered by Talisman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_145Fecdvpo

Damn Jeff Scott Soto kills it! Actually didn't know that Marcel Jacob co-wrote that song.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Damn Jeff Scott Soto kills it! Actually didn't know that Marcel Jacob co-wrote that song.

Good to see that debut Talisman in the album thread  :metal  Scream of Anger was one of the (poor sounding) live bonus tracks that came with some versions of the Talisman debut.  That album made my DTF Top 50 and was super obscure (in Australia anyway) when I got it on release.  Thankfully as Soto's name continued to grow more people have discovered Talisman - now there's about 20 fans in Australia , although 2 are family of mine and one of them is wolfking :lol
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 04:19:24 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal :metal :metal

My introduction to Talisman was I saw the Five Men Live DVD in the clearance bin at JB for like $5.  Hadn't heard a thing from them but saw JSS on the cover who I knew from Malmsteen so just purchased it.  I was blown away when I put it on, such an amazing release.

Offline Lowdz

Good to see that debut Talisman in the album thread  :metal  Scream of Anger was one of the (poor sounding) live bonus tracks that came with some versions of the Talisman debut.  That album made my DTF Top 50 and was super obscure (in Australia anyway) when I got it on release.  Thankfully as Soto's name continued to grow more people have discovered Talisman - now there's about 20 fans in Australia , although 2 are family of mine and one of them is wolfking :lol

😀😀😀

Such a great band. Marcel was a talent. First heard about him in Guitar ForThe Practicing Musician when Marching Out came out. He could write a song, and his bass was always a standout.

• DTF.org Member

😀😀😀

Such a great band. Marcel was a talent. First heard about him in Guitar ForThe Practicing Musician when Marching Out came out. He could write a song, and his bass was always a standout.
Yea it's a great album, too bad the band never really made it big. Lots of good songs.

Have to also give some credit too Europe, I love that song. :coolio

Btw it's strange seeing Fredrik Åkesson (Opeth) playing 80s metal, he nails the solo though!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Btw it's strange seeing Fredrik Åkesson (Opeth) playing 80s metal, he nails the solo though!

From my point of view, it was strange seeing Fredik playing for Opeth when he joined.

• DTF.org Member

From my point of view, it was strange seeing Fredik playing for Opeth when he joined.
I can imagine  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

It was a great career move for him.  When he first joined I thought he was a bizarre pick but I remember interviews where he was saying Opeth and that style of music for him was different and challenging him as a guitar player, which is great and he is reaping the rewards.

• DTF.org Member

It was a great career move for him.  When he first joined I thought he was a bizarre pick but I remember interviews where he was saying Opeth and that style of music for him was different and challenging him as a guitar player, which is great and he is reaping the rewards.
Yea it really was, he found his place in Opeth.

I actually knew about Talisman way before I discovered Opeth but that was pre-internet days  and I didn't care much about the lineup in the band so later when Fredrik joined Opeth I didn't know he was a member of Talisman until I looked it up.

Offline Lowdz

When he joined Operh it was a bit like when Ralph Santolla joined Death. 😱

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Yep.   I had no idea until Fred's gig in Opeth was mentioned on DTF.   My first thought was how bored I would be if I had his shredding talent and was stuck in Opeth  :lol  :-X
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yep.   I had no idea until Fred's gig in Opeth was mentioned on DTF.   My first thought was how bored I would be if I had his shredding talent and was stuck in Opeth  :lol  :-X

I reckon Fredrick definitely had that thought, but I'm guessing the pay increase from joining Opeth outweighs that.

Offline Lowdz

I’ve made very few awful music purchases In my life. Opeth’s Still Life is one of those 😱😳😬🙉

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I’ve made very few awful music purchases In my life. Opeth’s Still Life is one of those 😱😳😬🙉

haha, nah it's pretty good.  ;D

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth

Should have bought Blackwater Park instead.  :biggrin:
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Lowdz

Should have bought Blackwater Park instead.  :biggrin:

I don’t 5hink it would have helped 😀

Offline Lowdz

Saw this on YouTube. You can thank me later 😀❤️

https://youtu.be/yhDWqppzSSs

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Later? I'm gonna thank you RIGHT NOW!!
:drool:

Check out the Dust In The Wing vid.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Too much cake on her face, but yeah... she's hawt.  Pretty decent voice too.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I think they need a second guitarist/backing vocalist

https://youtu.be/vasOOy1B17I

Seriously ..............some of the best guitarists in the world struggle to get 100k subscribers to their YT channels and she has 1.4m  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

The last 30 seconds of the Highway To Hell Cover is awesome and is now my new ringtone  :o

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice  :lol

Sounds like the new Hardline is going to be the closest they've managed to get to the sound of Double Eclipse

https://youtu.be/EDyGfOXHr9c

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
I think they need a second guitarist/backing vocalist

https://youtu.be/vasOOy1B17I

Seriously ..............some of the best guitarists in the world struggle to get 100k subscribers to their YT channels and she has 1.4m  :lol

It's a scientific fact that boobs bring in more views and subscribers.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Sounds like the new Hardline is going to be the closest they've managed to get to the sound of Double Eclipse

I thought that was pretty shit, honestly.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Same.  Terrible first single if they're trying to convince people they're looking to Double Eclipse for influence ... and I found the problem - "Alessandro Del Vecchio's songwriting and production abilities".  Sounds more like II than Double Eclipse.

They need to stop calling back to Double Eclipse.  So long as Schon isn't involved (and he never will be) stop saying you're taking inspiration from, and/or trying to recreate it.  Be honest with yourselves... Hardline is nothing but a rotating cast of musicians to give Johnny something to sing along with.  I've enjoyed the last 3 albums, but don't feed me a line (or paragraph) of bullshit.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Same.  Terrible first single if they're trying to convince people they're looking to Double Eclipse for influence ... and I found the problem - "Alessandro Del Vecchio's songwriting and production abilities".  Sounds more like II than Double Eclipse.

They need to stop calling back to Double Eclipse.  So long as Schon isn't involved (and he never will be) stop saying you're taking inspiration from, and/or trying to recreate it.  Be honest with yourselves... Hardline is nothing but a rotating cast of musicians to give Johnny something to sing along with.  I've enjoyed the last 3 albums, but don't feed me a line (or paragraph) of bullshit.

Well said.  I didn't even recognize any of the current lineup.  Last one was rubbish too though IMO.  Danger Zone was pretty decent.