Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 569521 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
The first WOA album was pretty good - fluffy as shit, but enjoyable.  Tim hate's it - even though he probably never even listened to it.  I didn't have time for the 2nd release though.

Also... nice to 'see' you here Brent   :tup  How's that best of 2017 podcast coming along?   :D
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

The first WOA album was pretty good - fluffy as shit, but enjoyable.  Tim hate's it - even though he probably never even listened to it.  I didn't have time for the 2nd release though.

Also... nice to 'see' you here Brent   :tup  How's that best of 2017 podcast coming along?   :D

Nice to see you Brent 😀

But for once Tim is right. Even pre- growl Tim would find that a wimpy pile of crap.
I’ve just listened to Foreigner 4 in the car and this makes Foreigner sound like Slayer.

Don Henley would hav3 turned that down as too wimpy.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Don Henley would hav3 turned that down as too wimpy.

:lol
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Holy shit does that blow!

Brent, what kind of sabbatical are you on?  Have you been kidnapped by the Queer Cult? You need to be deprogrammed. If you're gonna post once every three weeks, it's got to be better than that.  ;D

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
Wasn’t sure whether this should go in the wuss thread or classic metal, but here’s the new one from Leverage. New singer and second guitarist, have to say I miss the old singer. The new guy is good though.

Sort of grew on me as it went on, and it’s heavier than previously.

https://youtu.be/xQpEfv9S3RY

Wow, I thought that was really rubbish, and I can't take the singer seriously.
Their whole EP is out now.

As a fan of Leverage since 2007 (I sure listened to random Finnish rock bands as a teen, whoop), I am so let down by the fact they're finally a thing again but Pekka is out. Like I'm so offended I feel like they should write me a check. I wonder if this is how all those annoying ORIGINAL SINGER ONLY Youtube comment assholes feel.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
With this thread languishing back around Page 5 , I thought I had better rescue it.

I know Kade likes some Work of Art.

Here's a rough mix/sample from the upcoming album (still some way off - no date)

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fmusicofworkofart%2Fvideos%2F721059694903870%2F&show_text=0&width=560

A guilty pleasure of mine.  This sounds exactly the same as everything else, but I'll look forward to this.  Lars and Robert have a good working relationship IMO.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Jeez, just flicking around on youtube and Frontiers just fucking sign whatever hey.  Fuck me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTjNT1Uus0A

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just sampled a new clip from Nordic Union too.  It actually was okay and even though it Martensson rehashed, it has a bit more creativity and decent melodies.  Kind of optimistic.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Jeez, just flicking around on youtube and Frontiers just fucking sign whatever hey.  Fuck me.

Is it really that far removed from Work of Art ?  :P

Not my cuppa tea at the moment but fwiw I reckon Creye are nowhere the worst on Frontiers.   They are unashamedly going for the "80's soundtrack sound" and - if you like that - I think they do a pretty decent job of that retro sound.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Is it really that far removed from Work of Art ?  :P

Not my cuppa tea at the moment but fwiw I reckon Creye are nowhere the worst on Frontiers.   They are unashamedly going for the "80's soundtrack sound" and - if you like that - I think they do a pretty decent job of that retro sound.

I think that's the thing, trying to sound like the 80's for the sake of it.  The fighting scenes in the clip ala Rocky just took it over the top too.  I agree WOA is similar, but early in their career, felt more authentic but much better vocals than this guy,  I wouldn't have thought they would be the worst either.  Looking at the youtube links, so many Frontiers artists I've never heard of. 

I also really just wanted to bump the thread as there is nothing worth mentioning.  :lol
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 05:44:57 PM by wolfking »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I lasted 45 seconds. About the same amount TAC dedicates to sexy time! :neverusethis:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Spirits of Fire finally have a release date on Frontiers. Album drops Feb. 22nd. Still waiting on samples and such. I'm looking forward to this one.

Ripper Owens - Vocals
Chris Caffrey - Guitar
Steve DiGiorgio - Bass
Mark Zonder - Drums

beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Based on the lineup this album should be  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline Lowdz

Where’s the songwriting coming from though? That would be my worry.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That's some lineup, wow.  But as Paul said, no songwriter and on Frontiers............enter the Del Vicchio!

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 05:41:01 PM by wolfking »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Yup - the strike rate on these hastily constructed super groups is almost non-existent often due to that very reason ,in addition to rushing things.  I'd be very surprised if this is much good but the potential is sure there if the songs do justice to the talent.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yup - the strike rate on these hastily constructed super groups is almost non-existent often due to that very reason ,in addition to rushing things.  I'd be very surprised if this is much good but the potential is sure there if the songs do justice to the talent.

This seems like a very typical Frontiers thing to do, yet again.  They will release the album and we'll probably never hear of them again.  With Frontiers, it's hard to see who would do the songwriting for a project like this.  If it's the guys involved then yeah, I don't see it being any good really.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
After hearing Caffrey's latest album,. I hope he's not writing the songs.

Offline Lowdz

This seems like a very typical Frontiers thing to do, yet again.  They will release the album and we'll probably never hear of them again.  With Frontiers, it's hard to see who would do the songwriting for a project like this.  If it's the guys involved then yeah, I don't see it being any good really.

And if they aren’t writing the songs what is the fucking point?????

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

And if they aren’t writing the songs what is the fucking point?????

It's Frontiers.  It wouldn't surprise me.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
Early press had stated that Roy Z was producing. I would venture a guess it could be a mix of him and Chris writing. Just speculation on my part.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ozzy554

Well if Roy Z is involved in the writing it should be at least pretty good. He's attached to many albums that I love
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah Roy Z makes this very interesting.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Lowdz

If so, that makes things a lot more interesting

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Now Roy Z has the fate of this thread on his back now, the pressure will be too much methinks, he's sure to bomb.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
Spirits of Fire video  - Light Speed Marching
https://youtu.be/Cg1gzFPAhcM

:metal

Spirits Of Fire, the new band featuring Tim Ripper Owens "Official Page", Chris Caffery, Steve Di Giorgio Official - SDG, & Mark Zonder, have announced a February 22, 2019 release date for their self-titled debut album and released the first single & video, "Light Speed Marching" from the album.

Pre-order the album on CD/LP/Digital HERE: https://radi.al/SpiritsofFire

North American fans can get LIMITED EDITION, exclusive red color vinyl & collector's box (feat. CD + T-Shirt - Size L ONLY) HERE: https://frontiersrecords.pmstores.co/ These are limited to 100 each and this is the only retailer in North America carrying these items.

European fan can get the same items HERE: https://bit.ly/2RXvA0Q

Frontiers Music Srl is known for building new bands/projects featuring musicians of outstanding quality and who come from unique backgrounds. After an intense brainstorming session, a dream team of renowned metal musicians including Tim "Ripper" Owens (ex Judas Priest, Iced Earth), Chris Caffery (Savatage, Trans-Siberian Orchestra), Steve DiGiorgio (Testament, Death (Official), etc.) and Mark Zonder (ex Fates Warning, Warlord) was born and put together under the direction of renowned LA-based producer Roy Z. (Bruce Dickinson, Halford, Tribe Of Gypsies).

Called SPIRITS OF FIRE (after the title of one of their songs), the band has completed work on their debut album which is set for release on February 22nd via Frontiers Music Srl. The music can best be described as “classic Priest meets Savatage”.

Guitarist Chris Caffery on his influences for the record and working with Roy Z: “My influences for writing on this record were the bands that we were and are still in! I wanted to write songs that [Judas] Priest, Savatage, Testament, and Fates Warning fans would like. But, I wanted them to have a personality of their own as well. To give it a vibe that was SPIRITS OF FIRE! I grew up listening to Judas Priest and spent 30 plus years working with Jon Oliva and Paul O’Neill with Savatage and TSO. Many years playing Criss’ music. These influences for me came naturally! Especially because I’m a fan of all of our bands!

This was the first time that I ever worked with Roy and it was so much fun. I have been a huge fan of his work for a long time. He’s written music, played on, and produced some of my favorite metal albums ever. He had a difficult job bringing this all together and I can’t think of anyone that would have been a better producer and co-worker for this album!”

“I always just sing to the song, whatever I feel it should be. It’s like a character thing! I like layers! This music is really perfect for me and in my natural wheel house. I like to sing all over the place and change it up and this all happens on this album. This is just the start of an amazing band, I mean sky is the limit and I actually can’t wait to record the next album, because this one is so great and perfect,” says vocalist Tim “Ripper” Owens.

Drummer Mark Zonder adds about his playing and writing process, “I am the kind of player that plays what I think fits best with the music. With SPIRITS OF FIRE, the music was more aggressive and hard hitting which I really liked. Again, I tried to be very mindful of the song and the vocals, but tried to add parts that were interesting and creative for the listener.”

Tracklisting:
1. Light Speed Marching
2. Temple of the Soul
3. All Comes Together
4. Spirits of Fire
5. It’s Everywhere
6. A Game
7. Dispensable
8. Meet Your End
9. Never to Return
10. The Path
11. Alone in the Darkness

For More Info Visit:
https://www.facebook.com/SpiritsOfFireBand/

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Pretty good. About what I expected. I'll pick up the CD on amazon when it is posted.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Better than I expected - some snippets of originality in there and comes across as if some time has gone into it.  Ripper looks like he is channeling modern day Geoff Tate at times there  :lol

Will pick this one up for sure.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal :metal :metal :metal

awesome, getting this for sure!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow... how did Frontiers sneak a good tune in there!

And back to the guy that inspired the OP of this thread.... Toby Hitchcock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ5S21KRk60

Cute chick
Great voice
Not the worst thing I've ever heard from Frontiers.  Not even the worst thing this month.
Terrible video.

Offline Lowdz

Just posted it in the classic metal thread before seeing this (i mean who checks this thread anyway?)

Not hearing what you guys are hearing at all. Ripper just doesn’t do anything at all for me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't know, I didn't think that song was all that flash.  I'm optimistic cause there is some cool shit going on, but really quite bland on first listen for me.