Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 564589 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New W.E.T.

https://youtu.be/oyqPN8KGKFk

Martensson is really pissing me off now.  From the brilliance of the debut, this is as boring and generic as anyhing on the second album and anything he's done since maybe moreso.  Actually the Nordic Union had more thought and life than this.  Why the fuck is Robert Sall even in this, he's like the kid that's picked last for the footy team just because he's there.  I know you guys don't like Work of Art but his songwriting skills could be utilised in this band rather than Martensson doing his best Timo Tolkki songwriting impression.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New W.E.T.

Martensson is really pissing me off now.  From the brilliance of the debut, this is as boring and generic as anyhing on the second album and anything he's done since maybe moreso.  Actually the Nordic Union had more thought and life than this.  Why the fuck is Robert Sall even in this, he's like the kid that's picked last for the footy team just because he's there.  I know you guys don't like Work of Art but his songwriting skills could be utilised in this band rather than Martensson doing his best Timo Tolkki songwriting impression.

I didn't want to mention this as I thought it was shit too and wanted to wait for someone else :lol

Most of the fans seem to think it's fantastic but it's just all so familiar and boring.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I guess we’re just too seasone, distinguished, and discerning to put up with this kind of tripe.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New W.E.T.

I didn't want to mention this as I thought it was shit too and wanted to wait for someone else :lol

Most of the fans seem to think it's fantastic but it's just all so familiar and boring.

I find the duet thing between the two really fucking cheesy too now.  This is so disappointing and I can't see how any fans could really rate this highly.  Everyone should know better. The songwriting is so shallow and see through.  Should just call the band E.T., no W part in sight.  I reckon Erik would be a prick to work with.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Jesus, mr.com rated the new Sweet and Lynch 45%!!  Fuck, I haven't listened to it and probably never will but Jesus it must be bad.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Jesus, mr.com rated the new Sweet and Lynch 45%!!  Fuck, I haven't listened to it and probably never will but Jesus it must be bad.

What  a load of crap that rating is.........it might not be a great album but it has more going for it than 99% of the stuff he rates 99%  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

What  a load of crap that rating is.........it might not be a great album but it has more going for it than 99% of the stuff he rates 99%  ;D

Gotta say though, the few songs I heard were pretty damn shithouse.  I'm surprised Frontiers is still his friend after that review.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Gotta say though, the few songs I heard were pretty damn shithouse.  I'm surprised Frontiers is still his friend after that review.

That ship sailed a while ago - they're not buddies at all these days.  If you have a look around his site you won't find much to do with Frontiers.   And if they were I don't think Andrew would've dropped a rating like that either.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
So now he's going to shit all over everything Frontiers?

Offline Lowdz

Even a broken clock is right twice a day 😀

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That ship sailed a while ago - they're not buddies at all these days.  If you have a look around his site you won't find much to do with Frontiers.   And if they were I don't think Andrew would've dropped a rating like that either.

Fair call.  Yeah, it's more a lot with his own label now you make me think.  Oh well.  It's all shit these days really.

Offline FreezingPoint

New W.E.T.

I swear one day "generic Frontiers production" is going to make me physically ill.

Is it me or do so many of these albums sound like the same band with different singers plugged in? What ever happened to unique guitarists who crafted their own tone? Drummers with their signature styles?
avenuex.bandcamp.com

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New W.E.T.

I swear one day "generic Frontiers production" is going to make me physically ill.

Is it me or do so many of these albums sound like the same band with different singers plugged in? What ever happened to unique guitarists who crafted their own tone? Drummers with their signature styles?

You won't get any argument around here - the thread title says it all.   Frontiers are a blessing and a curse - they give the genre a presence and in some ways keep it alive , but it's Weekend At Bernies style alive  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I still find it hard to believe that they made Weekend at Bernies part 2

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New W.E.T.

If you have time, just go back and read the last 20 pages or so mate for a good old time.  As Brent said, we're with you.  I started this thread because at the time, Frontiers were doing AOR and melodic rock proud IMO, but it's quickly just plummeted into mediocrity.  As Brent said, it's good that they are there, but they are taking the piss now.  And it seems they have the rights to everything in the style.  It use to be bands outside of Frontiers doing good melodic rock too but it all seems to just go through them now.  I could be totally wrong but seems the outlets for the genre are getting suffocated by Frontiers.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I still find it hard to believe that they made Weekend at Bernies part 2

It isn't that bad IMO.  I think the first one was an absolute classic and yes, it was so good it should have been left at that, but if you take the quality of the first one out of it and just focus on the second one for what it is, there's worse movies out there.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I know, I didn't mind it either.  But it's still hard to believe they made it lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Police Academy would be the better analogy, no?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I don't think I've ever seen a single Police Academy movie.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran

meet me at The Blue Oyster around midnight or so.  I hear they have a late night showing.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

meet me at The Blue Oyster around midnight or so.  I hear they have a late night showing.

That went right over my head bro.

Offline Lowdz

New W.E.T.

No one has a signature tone or style anymore. No one experiments to find a sound. Just go to YouTube to learn how the guy does it and copy. No need to try to work it out just from the record. Need a sound? Dial it in from the amp modeller..

Or do a Frontiers and get the same writers, producer, keyboardist and get a singer in.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

No one has a signature tone or style anymore. No one experiments to find a sound. Just go to YouTube to learn how the guy does it and copy. No need to try to work it out just from the record. Need a sound? Dial it in from the amp modeller..

Or do a Frontiers and get the same writers, producer, keyboardist and get a singer in.

And catch up with your new bandmates for the first time at the video shoot  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

In a soggy warehouse...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

In a soggy warehouse...

And shoot the same video three times just to a different version of the same song on the album.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I had to rescue the thread from Page 2.

Quote from: Frontiers FB Page
BREAKING NEWS: BULLETBOYS' new album, "From Out Of The Skies" will be released on CD/LP/MP3 on March 23, 2018! Pre-orders are available now and the first single and music video, "D-Evil" will be out on January 4th!

I saw Poison/Slaughter/Bullet Boys in 1990 or '91 I think.  Don't judge.  Bullet Boys sucked, even for me!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I had to rescue the thread from Page 2.

No, no you didn't. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The Bulletboys singer is a tool and a half but I thought their debut was alright.  The last album was "solid" mid 70's stuff IMO so I'm sure there's a lot worse coming out of Frontiers.  At least it probably won't have the standard Frontiers sound.

I think I need to start a new thread for Tim, because there's not enough thanks Kev.  :)

Name your favourites from these 4 awesome glam rock/metal bands :  Poison, Bulletboys,Slaughter,Winger.  You must select 4 options.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 04:53:15 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I think I need to start a new thread for Tim, because there's not enough thanks Kev.  :)

:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Methinks Kev saw he hadn't created enough polls or threads this year, and is now catching up.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Name your favourites from these 4 awesome glam rock/metal bands :  Poison, Bulletboys,Slaughter,Winger.  You must select 4 options.

Winger
Winger
Winger
Winger

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNmTMuQ1tYo

I think this is the same track that was released not long ago, but it's still boring generic crap from Erik.  I'm convinced this is a dodgy Eclipse left over.  Robert Sall should probably just focus on WOA as this makes WOA look like a fucking masterpiece of a band.  The comments are astounding me too.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I think this is the same track that was released not long ago, but it's still boring generic crap from Erik.  I'm convinced this is a dodgy Eclipse left over.  Robert Sall should probably just focus on WOA as this makes WOA look like a fucking masterpiece of a band.  The comments are astounding me too.

It's a shame but I don't much bother with anything related to Martennson any more - I can only take so much of the same old , same old.   Even JSS has been patchy for the most part for some time and he's one of my all time faves.   Damage Control was pretty good and the latest is good without much in the way of standout tracks.  I really miss Talisman.  :'(

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

It's a shame but I don't much bother with anything related to Martennson any more - I can only take so much of the same old , same old.   Even JSS has been patchy for the most part for some time and he's one of my all time faves.   Damage Control was pretty good and the latest is good without much in the way of standout tracks.  I really miss Talisman.  :'(

Agree with all that apart from I didn’t really bother with Damage Control after the first listen. JSS vocal melodies are getting pretty samey.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I've always said it, I love Damage Control, brilliant melodic rock album.  The new one was definitely not too bad but as Brent said no real standouts or anything to make me come back to it.