Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 570780 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Who's the vocalist on Rev Saints?

EDIT:
I couldn't make it through 4 songs. The 3rd one was actually decent.

Brent...81%??? Does Melodic Rock have an opening in their Reviews Department that you are eyeing? C'mon, man.

Gimme a break - I said the first part of the album was shite from the beginning and you sample the first few songs to prove your point.  What did you rate fucking Steam Powered Giraffe again?  :D

Tim's read the map wrong again and ended up in here.

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
What did you rate fucking Steam Powered Giraffe again?  :D

:rollin
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
It's indescribable how low of a rating I would give those steaming giraffes.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
It's indescribable how low of a rating I would give those steaming giraffes.

They are a steamy something alright.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Who's the vocalist on Rev Saints?

EDIT:
I couldn't make it through 4 songs. The 3rd one was actually decent.

Brent...81%??? Does Melodic Rock have an opening in their Reviews Department that you are eyeing? C'mon, man.

Gimme a break - I said the first part of the album was shite from the beginning and you sample the first few songs to prove your point.  What did you rate fucking Steam Powered Giraffe again?  :D

Brent, you and mr.com aren't far off actually, they rated Revolution Saints 90%, only 9% different...........ehhhh....... ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

Brent, no offense but perhaps your man crush or Aldrich is making you give this album the benefit of the doubt a lot more than it should, no?

Nah I don't think so.   After my second listen I rated it 81% so I'm not sure that is overwhelmingly positive.  I actually love Aldrich technically as a soloist but , with a few exceptions,  I have never really rated him a great songwriter.

Except Aldrich didn't write a note on the first Rev Saints record, and their best songwriter - Jack Blades - only wrote lyrics on one tune (as far as I remember).   Jack Blades is one of my top five favorite musicians ever, and I won't buy this because it's just a wasted opportunity if you ask me. 

TAC:  Deen Castronovo and Jack Blades are the singers.  I think Deen handles most of it though.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Not sure where I mentioned the first album but either way-  Revolution Saints has always been a project without much writing input from the members and was originally more intended as a Deen solo project. 

My comment about Aldrich was about him in general (my "man crush) and nothing specific related to Revolution Saints.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Not sure where I mentioned the first album but either way-  Revolution Saints has always been a project without much writing input from the members and was originally more intended as a Deen solo project. 

My comment about Aldrich was about him in general (my "man crush) and nothing specific related to Revolution Saints.

No, I get it; I just made the note in case anyone went to that project thinking they were going to see the songwriting talents of Blades and/or Aldrich, and I only referenced the first album, because that's the one I'm most familiar with.  I would assume the second would be consistent, but I don't know that for a fact.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

:lol

Yup, pretty much.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

:lol

Yup, pretty much.

Ah, the movie that just keeps giving 😀

Deen has got a great Perryesque voicebut I found both RS albums pretty boring. Same regurgitated riff...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
One of the lines in one song Deen sings, "Somebody said don't stop believing" or something, that made me nearly vomit.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Frontiers now trying to recreate Allen/Lande by the looks here;

Lione Conti.  Fabio and the dude from Trick or Treat which is actually a band I've never heard.  New song is average and not memorable.  The mastermind behind this one is Simone Mularoni, so at least we know the guitar work will be good.  And at least it's not Tolkki.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW8Cj22KXtM

But check the blatant Allen/Lande cover ripoff

haha. a duck.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Trick or Treat are okay - a couple of decent albums. Started as a Helloween covers band.

That cover sucks.  Not sure I will even bother sampling.

Just what we need - another Alessandro at Frontiers  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The cover is funny, can't get over the duck WTF?!  But come on, the blatant Allen/Lande on the cover is astounding.

Yeah, I'll listen, but that song offered nothing.  Simone seems pretty hit and miss with his songwriting really, but his input on the Sunstorm was welcome, although the quality compared to stuff he writes himself, gives me the indication his writing input on the Sunstorm was minimal.

Offline Art

wtf is that duck doing on that cover?  :rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Bit of a ripoff of Magnus' Kingdom of Rock album colours too!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
But that duck looks pure evil. Don't count him out against the lion.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Frontiers now trying to recreate Allen/Lande by the looks here;

I actually sampled that and considered posting it here. The song was really blah. I can't imaging the rest of the album being any good.

Fabio, let's get some new Vision Divine please.

Trick or Treat are okay - a couple of decent albums. Started as a Helloween covers band.

I think I have a song around here that Kiske did with them.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I may have sent it to you in a roulette.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Bit of a ripoff of Magnus' Kingdom of Rock album colours too!

Good pick up.

I may have sent it to you in a roulette.

Yeah, I'll save them for my next roulette.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm still curious to see who wins between the duck and lion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I slept on it thinking the duck would make more sense to me in the morning, but I was wrong.

Offline Lowdz

Just found this.  Has some pedigree in the performers (from Tango Down, Bombay Black, Farcry) and a bonus of no del Vechio around.
Anyway,  I quite liked it and want to hear more.
Nothing new, but since when did we have any of that in this thread?  :biggrin:

Romeo Riot

https://youtu.be/HoLwcePq064

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Romeo Riot??  What's with these band names lately?  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxymvPUrDnY

Possibly the most shittest thing I've heard with Martensson.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxymvPUrDnY

Possibly the most shittest thing I've heard with Martensson.

he is soooooo out of ideas.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's just fuckin' crap.

Offline Sycsa

Even though that blue/orange color scheme is so cliché, that's an amazing album cover. Space, lava, black hole whirlwind, and a duck to top it all off. :lol
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 06:10:00 AM by Sycsa »

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Give me an R....

Offline Architeuthis

I think the album cover looks cool!  That duck (or goose perhaps) looks like it's gonna thrash that lion. Pure metal!  :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
It sure looks like a swan to me.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Architeuthis

It sure looks like a swan to me.
Good call!
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So much focus on the duck  :rollin