Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 568938 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The official Frontiers Factory thread v. but.......we expected so much more?! :(
« Reply #5040 on: September 20, 2017, 01:21:03 AM »
Paul..............what was your verdict on the Jan Akesson ?    I thought it was massively disappointing relative to the snippets I had heard.  I enjoy that crunchy riff based sound but I expected so much more  ::)    The songs just weren't there for the most part.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The official Frontiers Factory thread v. but.......we expected so much more?! :(
« Reply #5041 on: September 20, 2017, 06:05:15 AM »
Just so I understand out ranking methodology (from worst to better):

Issa is an ugly whore who can't sing
haha, Radiation Romeos!?
Way too cheesy (look or name) to even click play
Frontiers took the Allen/Lande project from Karlsson and gave it to Tolkki now? lol no. Wait....
Didn't make it past 30 seconds
Did Frontiers get a hold of Eden's Curse, cause they suck now
WTF happened to Hardline, they are shit too
That was a waste of <insert time> minutes of my life
Cookie Cutter
I expected so much more
but, but, I really did expect so much more
Solid
This is great somewhat listenable - I can't believe it's on Frontiers
Pretty solid
Mat Sinner is a Frontiers bitch now hey?
Where's the new Work of Art, DTF loves them
Thankfully Magnus Karlsson didn't let DelVicchio anywhere near Primal Fear

Sound about right?

Added some.

Paul..............what was your verdict on the Jan Akesson ?    I thought it was massively disappointing relative to the snippets I had heard.  I enjoy that crunchy riff based sound but I expected so much more  ::)    The songs just weren't there for the most part.

Oh, no you didn't Brent?  Yes you did!  :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5042 on: September 20, 2017, 06:48:09 AM »
JA's Shadow Rain blew chunks.

Like the additions Kade, but after a few listens, I really did enjoy the last Hardline album.  They did try to mimic Double Eclipse - didn't come close to matching it, but there are a bunch of .... solid tunes in there.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #5043 on: September 20, 2017, 02:53:59 PM »

I'd agree with what you said. Big letdown after promising samples.
I preferred the Fiction Syxx, have you heard that?
There's not much out there that's floating my boat at the moment. If you've found anything, I'm all ears 😀

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5044 on: September 21, 2017, 09:47:30 AM »

There's not much out there that's floating my boat at the moment. If you've found anything, I'm all ears 😀

Will check out the Fiction Syxx later this week.    Geez Andrew is releasing some shite through his label.

My head is a bit of a spin at the moment as I am racing through all the 2017 stuff - will get back to you.   Most the best albums are either super obscure or outside my normal tastes.  Even getting into a bit of doomy/retro metal stuff which is unlike me -  has to have some more melodic/uptempo bits to it though for me to get on board.

If you want some easy listening , throwback glammy stuff perhaps try an album by a band called Rockett Love.   Sorta like a cross of Newman and Danger Danger.  Very predictable but easy to listen to.  Produced by Beau Hill.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #5045 on: September 21, 2017, 09:51:51 AM »

Will check out the Fiction Syxx later this week.    Geez Andrew is releasing some shite through his label.

My head is a bit of a spin at the moment as I am racing through all the 2017 stuff - will get back to you.   Most the best albums are either super obscure or outside my normal tastes.  Even getting into a bit of doomy/retro metal stuff which is unlike me -  has to have some more melodic/uptempo bits to it though for me to get on board.

If you want some easy listening , throwback glammy stuff perhaps try an album by a band called Rockett Love.   Sorta like a cross of Newman and Danger Danger.  Very predictable but easy to listen to.  Produced by Beau Hill.

I heard about that one a while ago but couldn't track anything down on it to sample. Will try again.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5046 on: September 21, 2017, 10:09:13 AM »

There's not much out there that's floating my boat at the moment. If you've found anything, I'm all ears

I heard about that one a while ago but couldn't track anything down on it to sample. Will try again.

Nothing to write home about by any means but decent enough to tap the foot to while working

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HXit3sbIeY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11jI4hJQYQc

Stuff all in this genre in 2017 really.    Just started on the Rian album and sounds solid :D  Think a slightly less impressive Find Me.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:59:14 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5047 on: September 22, 2017, 11:32:38 PM »

Solid but probably expected more given a few "big" names involved.

I actually preferred the Rian.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5048 on: September 23, 2017, 06:26:32 AM »
What the F kind of name is Fiction Syxx?

On tour now with True Story Sevyn and Documentary Too.

WTF??
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5049 on: September 23, 2017, 06:32:16 AM »
Take a mark off for the name -so you'd give it a Non Fyction Nyne ? 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5050 on: September 23, 2017, 06:34:31 AM »
I'd give it an f's Preposition Zeeroh!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #5051 on: September 23, 2017, 10:08:56 AM »
Shit name. I liked the proggy AOR of it.

Although those links for Rockett Love (there we go again 🤔) didn't work, I found a couple that did. I liked it.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5052 on: September 23, 2017, 10:32:56 AM »
Sadly, Frontiers posted a pic of Jorn and Del Douchebag together yesterday on FB

Hmmmm....Alessandro Del Vecchio & JORN back together again?!?!?! What could they be up to.....

Hopefully a bitchslap to ADV for letting Tolkki ruin Allen/Lande 4.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #5053 on: September 23, 2017, 03:14:17 PM »
Yeah, saw that. Doesn't bode well.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5054 on: September 23, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »
Yup. The guy needs to find another singer. ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5055 on: September 24, 2017, 04:46:22 AM »
Sadly, Frontiers posted a pic of Jorn and Del Douchebag together yesterday on FB

Hmmmm....Alessandro Del Vecchio & JORN back together again?!?!?! What could they be up to.....

Hopefully a bitchslap to ADV for letting Tolkki ruin Allen/Lande 4.

Didn't you like that Jorn album though?

And Del Viccchio had nothing to do with Allen/Lande, the person you need to blame is Serafino Perugino.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5056 on: September 24, 2017, 05:38:17 AM »

And Del Viccchio had nothing to do with Allen/Lande, the person you need to blame is Serafino Perugino.

I did quite enjoy Jorn's solo album this year actually - wasn't it essentially Voodoo Circle with Jorn on the mic?  Didn't know who deserved the scorn over A/L 4 - but they should be strung up by their tits.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5057 on: September 25, 2017, 05:48:07 AM »

I did quite enjoy Jorn's solo album this year actually - wasn't it essentially Voodoo Circle with Jorn on the mic?  Didn't know who deserved the scorn over A/L 4 - but they should be strung up by their tits.

yeah, Voodoo Circle with Readman replaced by Jorn.  They probably should just get whoever that new guy was and make Jorn the singer officially.

Yeah, Serafino is the founder of the Issa factory and basically puts all these muso's together to make these pop albums.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5058 on: September 25, 2017, 08:04:21 AM »
Blob free zone around here lately.

New Stan Bush anybody?  Featuring The Touch version 500  :biggrin:

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5059 on: September 25, 2017, 03:27:36 PM »

New Stan Bush anybody?  Featuring The Touch version 500  :biggrin:

Nah.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #5060 on: September 25, 2017, 03:54:58 PM »
Heard a couple of songs. Sounds like Stan Bush. Which is fine. He's not going to suddenly go grunge or growls on us, is he.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5061 on: September 25, 2017, 10:41:23 PM »
Heard a couple of songs. Sounds like Stan Bush. Which is fine. He's not going to suddenly go grunge or growls on us, is he.

I'd be inclined to give him another go if he added some nice growlies.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #5062 on: September 26, 2017, 07:43:08 AM »

I doubt you would be impressed with Stan growlies. He probably farts in glorious melody 😀

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5063 on: September 27, 2017, 05:48:06 AM »

I doubt you would be impressed with Stan growlies. He probably farts in glorious melody 😀

If he could make them sound like growlies, I'll take it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5064 on: September 27, 2017, 06:09:39 AM »
 :lol

He's got the touch  ;D

The new Newman album is pretty solid  :)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5065 on: September 27, 2017, 06:12:52 AM »

He's got the touch  ;D

I've only got Siren from Newman, which is really good actually.  Everything else I've sampled from him is pretty flat.  Reminds me a lot of Hartmann.  Lots of talent just bland and lacking.  I'll have to give the Newman a listen.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5066 on: September 27, 2017, 06:21:03 AM »

He's got the touch  ;D

I've only got Siren from Newman, which is really good actually.  Everything else I've sampled from him is pretty flat.  Reminds me a lot of Hartmann.  Lots of talent just bland and lacking.  I'll have to give the Newman a listen.

I agree that he is hit and miss.  I was a big fan of his early release One Step Closer back in the distant past but since then it's been some great stuff in between lots of meh!

Siren was really good.  This isn't quite at that level (probably a few tracks too long at 12)  but it's a quality release and probably one of his more consistent.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5067 on: September 27, 2017, 10:12:58 AM »
Who is Newman?

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #5068 on: September 27, 2017, 02:05:48 PM »
Never really been that impressed with Newman. I could see him being a house writer at Frontiers.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5069 on: September 27, 2017, 03:43:44 PM »
Who is Newman?

Is the only acceptable answer.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5070 on: September 27, 2017, 11:12:13 PM »
I need to check out this Aussie guy Darren Phillips and his project.   Has some decent guests he has got involved (members of Eclipse, Harem Scarem and Find Me etc... )  I was a bit iffy on it but after seeing the video below from a couple of the guests I am super pumped for this 

https://www.facebook.com/darrenphillipsproject/videos/1468241479936269/
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:17:18 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5071 on: September 28, 2017, 04:34:12 AM »
I need to check out this Aussie guy Darren Phillips and his project.   Has some decent guests he has got involved (members of Eclipse, Harem Scarem and Find Me etc... )  I was a bit iffy on it but after seeing the video below from a couple of the guests I am super pumped for this 

That video was cringe-worthy.  Hopefully the music isn't.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5072 on: September 28, 2017, 04:55:37 AM »

That video was cringe-worthy.  Hopefully the music isn't.

I was being facetious if that wasn't apparent.    I couldn't stop watching it............especially that guy on the left.  He can barely contain his excitement at how awesome he is  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5073 on: September 28, 2017, 04:58:03 AM »

The guy on the left forgot his shirt.

He's got the touch  ;D

I agree that he is hit and miss.  I was a big fan of his early release One Step Closer back in the distant past but since then it's been some great stuff in between lots of meh!

Siren was really good.  This isn't quite at that level (probably a few tracks too long at 12)  but it's a quality release and probably one of his more consistent.

I'll give it a spin then.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5074 on: September 28, 2017, 04:58:30 AM »
mr.com's verdict on the new H.E.A.T.........97%  :rollin