Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 570858 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I am way behind on 2017 stuff but it's shaping as a pretty shitty year from what I have got to.

Can't disagree with this too much.  7 months in, and I've only purchased 16 albums, with another 18 saved on Spotify.  The good ones have been REALLY good (Mindmaze and Pyramaze especially), but the overall number of purchase worthy albums seems to be a little off compared to recent years.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Rvolution Saints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWMgLaRppi8

Meh, sounds more poppy any generic than anything on the first album.  disappointing cause I really really liked the first album, hopefully there's better stuff than this on it.

Yeah - sounds like a Delvecchio cookie cutter special.    The press release I saw didn't comment on the writing but I am betting that the 3 guys didn't contribute much.  Although Blades/Night Ranger are way too "happy" these days so maybe he had a bit of input.

I am way behind on 2017 stuff but it's shaping as a pretty shitty year from what I have got to.

For LIGHT IN THE DARK, REVOLUTION SAINTS once again teamed up with producer/songwriter Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline, JORN), who was also behind the boards for the band’s debut album. Most of LIGHT IN THE DARK was recorded at Del Vecchio’s studios in Somma Lombardo, Italy, with additional recording taking place at Blades’ studio in Washington, Aldrich’s CasaDala studio in Los Angeles, and other countries all over the world while Aldrich was on tour with The Dead Daisies.

As you say nothing specific, but I think I think this pretty much tells us everything.  I hope it's like the first where there is contributions from others, it added a nice variety with the likes of Martensson and Karlsson and others adding song.  Since it doesn't mention that though, I'm guessing it's a Del Vecchio special.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
This new Ten song is actually really, really.......shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skFlbPec_wo

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I spun about 1/2 the album, and it was pretty uneventful.  Nothing that I haven't heard from Ten about a dozen times already.

Also spun Riverdogs - it was worse.  Bland as hell.

Not even sure I want to subject myself to Mr. Big.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
So why do you guys even follow these bands anymore? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

:lol

Bam!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

It makes me feel better when I can't do things I used to be able to 😀

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Probably the same reason you decided to voluntarily check out what's going on in this thread.  :tup

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

Probably the same reason you decided to voluntarily check out what's going on in this thread.  :tup

Hey, I gotta check to see if that ONE good band has released a new album yet.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

What are you talking about?  This thread is filled with good bands.  :mehlin

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

I will respectfully disagree.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:mehlin :mehlin :mehlin

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand

:mehlin :mehlin :mehlin

Stop that. You're going to hurt yourself.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

What are you talking about?  This thread is filled interspersed with good solid bands.  :mehlin

Fix'd

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New H.E.A.T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgQS6fG0-Qc

What the fucking fuck is this shit!?

Fuck off!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
More like C.O.L.D.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Is that a dance song? I turned it off 45 seconds in. I pushed it past my usual 30 second turn off

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Well, with responses like that, I've got zero incentive to click the link.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well, with responses like that, I've got zero incentive to click the link.

Yet you are powerless not too!  :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
I didn't mind that H.E.A.T track. :loser:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
As someone in the comments said - "I want my click back"

Would never have guessed that was a rock band let alone H.E.A.T. - where the fuck is Erik ?  Not to mention the guitarists etc......

From what I gather this is some attempt to break into the mainstream and the rest of the album may be very different but still........... :-\
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:30:28 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

As someone in the comments said - "I want my click back"

Would never have guessed that was a rock band let alone H.E.A.T. - where the fuck is Erik ?  Not to mention the guitarists etc......

From what I gather this is some attempt to break into the mainstream and the rest of the album may be very different but still........... :-\

Has that typical euro disco sound with the keys. Not up to the last couple of albums by any stretch. Singer has such a good voice though.

Offline Anguyen92

I concur.  I mean I'm sure what they've done was really different, and hearing this sort of track is a radical change to the fans, I guess, but there are worst songs out there than this.  This is tolerable at least.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I concur.  I mean I'm sure what they've done was really different, and hearing this sort of track is a radical change to the fans, I guess, but there are worst songs out there than this.  This is tolerable at least.

Yes there are worst songs and it may be as you say 'tolerable' but that's not good enough.  The last two albums from these guys have been fantastic so they have the talent and creativity, or had that creativity, this is just not up to standard at all.

Offline Lowdz

New Kee of Hearts video. Warning, they haven't got any prettier  ;D

https://youtu.be/9Xx0jTV6jGQ

Ok song but they've all been very similar and a bit too "happy" sounding for me
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 03:33:37 PM by Lowdz »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The song is just ok, but this band has promise. I love this guy's voice. I've basically enjoyed the three songs they've released. Not sure when the album comes out, but I will absolutely give this a run through on Spotify, but I would not be surprised if I picked this up.

Offline Lowdz

The song is just ok, but this band has promise. I love this guy's voice. I've basically enjoyed the three songs they've released. Not sure when the album comes out, but I will absolutely give this a run through on Spotify, but I would not be surprised if I picked this up.

Are you familiar with Tommy Heart's work with Fair Warning? Worth checking out if you like this. I'd rank it far higher.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Not familiar. I'll have to check it out.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Not familiar. I'll have to check it out.

Their debut was in my Top 50 so you may have sampled it.  The later releases from Fair Warning weren't great - I would stick with the s/t debut and 4 ............the other two better ones (Go! and Rainmaker) were a bit softer/more commercial.  All quality albums though.

That new KOH song is okay - don't like it as much as the last one.   Nice to hear Kee shredding again , although that solo sounded a bit "for the sake of it" rather than his normal well constructed stuff.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Having a listen to the Janet Gardner album and although it's a bit "modern" sounding, I'm enjoying it. It's on Spotify if anyone's interested.

Edit. Maybe skip the track The Grind.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:26:39 PM by Lowdz »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Kee of Hearts video. Warning, they haven't got any prettier  ;D

https://youtu.be/9Xx0jTV6jGQ

Ok song but they've all been very similar and a bit too "happy" sounding for me

This is still not bad but not as good as the first two songs.  I have a feeling those will be the two highlights and probably the only two real rockers on there.  I reckon the rest of it will be this generic happier style.  Still keen to check it out.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUHA6T0Cl-Q

What the fuck?  These guys can seriously piss off now.  What a let down.

More like C.O.L.D.

Ice fucking cold!!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I pissed myself laughing and shut it down at the 12 second mark  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Oh dear. I can say that the last 60 seconds are ok, it finally starts to rock a bit (comparatively)
I'm ok with a slow build, in an epic, but 3 minutes of it in a 4 minute 12 second song? No. And most of that is a solo section.

They must be aiming for Eurovision  :biggrin:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Oh dear. I can say that the last 60 seconds are ok, it finally starts to rock a bit (comparatively)
I'm ok with a slow build, in an epic, but 3 minutes of it in a 4 minute 12 second song? No. And most of that is a solo section.

They must be aiming for Eurovision  :biggrin:

I know you're joking, but you could be right with these sorts of shitty songs.