Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 572093 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
No kidding, right.  Zero shock value in that post whatsoever.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Crystal ball time................the next Work of Art sounds the same as the last too  :lol     Need to check the new Lionville and I expect as much there too.  :D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Crystal ball time................the next Work of Art sounds the same as the last too  :lol     Need to check the new Lionville too and I expect as much there too.

New Work of Art you say.....

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Groundhog Day ...........same album under the tree each time .  Merry Christmas from Mario and the team at Frontiers :lol   

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Groundhog Day ...........same album under the tree each time .  Merry Christmas from Mario and the team at Frontiers :lol   

:lol :lol

I actually found Lionville to be more enjoyable and "unique".  But when the point of comparison is that Unruly Child album, that bar ain't very high.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!

I want to re-edit Groundhog Day consisting solely of the same Del Vecchio studio footage over and over.

I just got the new Eclipse album. I'll let you guys know what I think.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of Martensson , Soto has just announced that another W.E.T. album is on the way.   I was at one point a JSS fanboy extraordinaire but at this point I can't say I am hugely excited about much that he does , let alone working with the Groundhog boys from Eclipse and Work of Art .    Hopefully it'll be a nice surprise.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm almost done with the Eclipse album, and agree with you guys. Like the other Eclipse albums, I enjoyed it as background music, and didn't feel the need to skip anything, but damned if I can remember a single thing that stood out about it. I think they perform really well, and the production is great, but the songwriting is the same old stuff.

Offline Lowdz

No argument from me on any of this. Not tried HoL yet but the tracks already released aren't making me excited and surely that's their job.
Thought I might like the Lionville because I did enjoy the sampler tracks but just found a whole album of boring as fuck.
Oh well.Crazy Lixx is out soon 🤔

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
No argument from me on any of this. Not tried HoL yet but the tracks already released aren't making me excited and surely that's their job.
Thought I might like the Lionville because I did enjoy the sampler tracks but just found a whole album of boring as fuck.
Oh well.Crazy Lixx is out soon

Just got through the Lionville and I would rate it similar to the Eclipse.   With albums like Eclipse and Lionville I am doing something I don't normally do and docking a number of points at the end.   I don't complicate things too much when rating things - I generally find that rating the songs and averaging those out gives a decent album rating.   But with these samey albums the songs in isolation often deserve a decent rating but as a collective they are so much less impressive.

Anyway.........low-mid 70's for Lionville.   The guy can sing no doubt (amazing voice really) but once he gets up there those vocal melodies just blur into each other from song to song and from album to album and from Lionville to Work Of Art.........   He needs to get a more diverse band behind him - maybe do something with Lukather and it could be amazing.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Oh well.Crazy Lixx is out soon 🤔

Speaking of which...

https://yt2fb.com/crazy-lixx-snakes-in-paradise-official-audio/

Hmmm, very Frontiers. Ffs I'm losing the will to live. Only thing saving it is the singers voice.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
We need to remind people how good this stuff can be Paul  :metal - that's what I hope to do in the next podcast.   Out of everyone here I know you have a hard/melodic rock collection that isn't unlike mine in terms of size/quality ,  so if you have anyone in particular that you feel would be cool to feature that you think I may overlook then feel free to PM me some suggestions.

I don't have time to go over the (literally) thousands of albums that I  either own and have not got around to listening to or have marked as worth following up ,  but I am sure that I can throw something cool together from what I already have in iTunes. 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

I used to think I knew this stuff pretty well til I met you Brent 😀
Will put the thinking cap on.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool - just remembered that I have a Podcast playlist in iTunes where I have gradually added songs that I think may be of interest over the last year or so.   Just checked and it has 1250 songs in it :lol   Should be a bit more manageable once I edit out the real heavy and real wimpy stuff + anything post 2000. 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of Martensson , Soto has just announced that another W.E.T. album is on the way.   I was at one point a JSS fanboy extraordinaire but at this point I can't say I am hugely excited about much that he does , let alone working with the Groundhog boys from Eclipse and Work of Art .    Hopefully it'll be a nice surprise.

Jus saw this.  Here's hoping.  First album was a gem, but the second one was a letdown.

Offline Lowdz

At this point, I couldn't be less excited ☹️

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
At this point, I couldn't be less excited ☹️

I can't blame you for feeling this.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Seen on Frontiers FB feed

Serafino Perugino and Russell Allen making plans for the next Allen/Lande album. Stay tuned!

My response... Just keep Tolkki far - FAR - away from this one.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I wonder if that last Allen/Lande was a one and done for Tolkki and if they will look for someone else.  Ideally Magnus will come back.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Russell Allen: vocals
Jorn Lande : vocals
Alessandro DelVecchio:  guitar , keys, drums, backing vocals, triangle, cowbell, shoeshine, reception, food prep,  producer, video director.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
More Cowbell!!!

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
We can only hope.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Alessandro DelVecchio:  guitar , keys, drums, backing vocals, triangle, cowbell, shoeshine, reception, food prep,  producer, video director.

:lol
You forgot composer, mixer, special thanks, album artwork, PR, and also a credit for playing the part of Issa.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Seen on Frontiers FB feed

Serafino Perugino and Russell Allen making plans for the next Allen/Lande album. Stay tuned!

Oh fuck.  Since Russell has something to do with the planning he can request Tolkki doesn't get anywhere near it.  Come on Magnus to rescue, please!!!

:rollin

More like;

Alessandro DelVecchio:  guitar , keys, drums, lead vocals, backing vocals, all vocals, triangle, cowbell, shoeshine, reception, food prep,  producer, video director, writer, producer, mixer, manager, roadie, stagehand, hairdresser, masseuse, physio, dietician, personal trainer, chiropractor, life coach, personal assistant.
Issa: Lead vocals, whore
Russell Allen: some backing vocals
Jorn Lande : some more backing vocals

You forgot composer, mixer, special thanks, album artwork, PR, and also a credit for playing the part of Issa.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I hope for Issa's sake she doesn't Google herself :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
I'll admit, I listened to a few tracks from the Tolkki Allen/Lande album, and I honestly couldn't tell a difference between it and the other albums.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni

We're probably the only site besides Frontiers and mr.com that have any mention of her too. :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll admit, I listened to a few tracks from the Tolkki Allen/Lande album, and I honestly couldn't tell a difference between it and the other albums.

The fuck dude?  The quality of the last one compared to the first three is night and day.

We're probably the only site besides Frontiers and mr.com that have any mention of her too. :lol

Yep, we'd be third site down from the top.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth

More like;

Alessandro DelVecchio:  guitar , keys, drums, lead vocals, backing vocals, all vocals, triangle, cowbell, shoeshine, reception, food prep,  producer, video director, writer, producer, mixer, manager, roadie, stagehand, hairdresser, masseuse, physio, dietician, personal trainer, chiropractor, life coach, personal assistant.
Issa: Lead vocals, whore
Russell Allen: some backing vocals
Jorn Lande : some more backing vocals

So, there's no bass then?  :biggrin:
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Man... the comments in the FB feed are overwhelmingly anti-Tolkki.

And Frontiers' response:

For all of you Magnus Karlsson fans, check our FB page on Monday, March 20th around 1pm EST for some exciting news (no, not related to Allen/Lande).

If not Allen/Lande, maybe he's finally getting around to Starbreaker with Harnell?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Magnus and Tony have definitely been working on a new Starbreaker.  Will definitely be that Chad.

So....does his mean Magnus hasn't got any involvement with Allen/Lande I wonder.

Surely Tolkki wouldn't be asked again, fuck.  Looking at some of the comments now and they can't deny the fans.  Everyone rooting for Magnus back at the helm and Tolkki to stay far away.  :lol  So good to see.  They will probably give Martensson a crack.  :lol

Chad did you see the new Vanden Plas live CD/DVD!!?!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
How many other legitimate options are there besides the Tolkster?

Offline Lowdz

Whatever the version of Specsavers is for ears, you need to go there. Now 😀

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Chad did you see the new Vanden Plas live CD/DVD!!?!

Indeed I did.  Not sure what to think.  I wasn't super high on The Seraphic Clockwork to begin with, so a DVD with just that as the setlist... I'll have to ponder.

How many other legitimate options are there besides the Tolkster?

Someone suggested Joel Hoekstra.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I really liked Clockwork Chad, so I'm all for it.

In regards to Allen Lande, it probably will be bloody Delvecchio, Magnus is the man, but if for some reason he's not going to be involved, others I'm thinking of involved with Frontiers that I'd take over Tolkki;

Erik Martensson
Simone Mularoni
Dennis Ward
Jani Liimatainen
Tom and James Martin
Mat Sinner?
Trond Holter?

Hoekstra would be cool enough I guess, his solo album was good without being spectacular.  I'd really love to see Roland Grapow do it, but not even sure him and Jorn are still friends.