Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 570869 times)

Offline Lowdz

Re: The official melodic rock/AOR thread
« Reply #3465 on: August 09, 2015, 04:28:45 PM »
Yes yes yes.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3466 on: August 09, 2015, 04:29:52 PM »
Paul might be running the kingshmegland spell checker  ;D

Yes yes yes.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3467 on: August 09, 2015, 05:09:57 PM »
Yes yes yes.

Whoa, alright bro, I'll check it out settle down haha.

Also, I finally got the new Cain's Offering.  Very similar to the first one and wasn't too sure on the first listen, but after a few spins I'm starting to really like it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3468 on: August 09, 2015, 10:42:57 PM »
Google brings up nothing music related.

EDIT: Chris Laney, got it haha......I dont know who he is either lol.

He produced new religion and made a pretty decent melodic rock album called Pure. His voice isn't the strongest but he gets it.

And Only Come Out at Night. Between the two of them, several great tracks. I agree his voice isn't the strongest, but it's not bad.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline amagr

« Reply #3469 on: August 10, 2015, 12:56:02 AM »
Too bad for Crazy Lixx :/. Do you guys know Crashdiet? They are from Sweden too. Rest in Sleaze is cult album in underground scene.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3470 on: August 10, 2015, 01:02:54 AM »
I checked out the Generation Wild album ages ago, and it was fine, but it didn't really grab me. That's the only one I've heard.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3471 on: August 10, 2015, 01:43:07 AM »
I have four Crashdiet albums and IMO Generation Wild is a very good album and clearly their best.  Surprise,surprise  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3472 on: August 10, 2015, 05:47:39 AM »
Wasn't a big fan of what I've heard from them either.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3473 on: August 10, 2015, 09:05:55 AM »
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Lowdz

« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:38:04 AM by Lowdz »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3475 on: August 17, 2015, 12:56:37 AM »
That new Praying Mantis we have been discussing is a very good release.  Great sound, songs and their usual brand of melodic hard rock with some NWOBHM overtones.

After one listen I would rate it around 87%

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3476 on: August 17, 2015, 05:22:44 AM »
That new Praying Mantis we have been discussing is a very good release.  Great sound, songs and their usual brand of melodic hard rock with some NWOBHM overtones.

After one listen I would rate it around 87%

Wow, what a score.

I'm definitely gonna check it out, the songs I've heard are really good.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3477 on: August 17, 2015, 05:45:06 AM »
When's the official release date?  The only PM I know is a few songs that (Paul?) submitted in my last roulette.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3478 on: August 17, 2015, 05:46:21 AM »
Due Friday I think..............what I heard was a low bitrate review copy and it still sounded great.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3479 on: August 17, 2015, 05:48:50 AM »
When's the official release date?  The only PM I know is a few songs that (Paul?) submitted in my last roulette.

I am only familiar with their last one too, which was very good.

Due Friday I think..............what I heard was a low bitrate review copy and it still sounded great.

No way we'll be getting it in store, online only this one.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3480 on: August 21, 2015, 06:59:59 AM »
New Newman August 28.  Sounds the same as the last one, solid.  Can't find any full songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U710QMibtt4

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3481 on: August 21, 2015, 11:58:38 AM »
Just listened to the new Royal Hunt.  Mediocre is about as good a complement I can give it.  There best years are far, far in the rearview mirror.  The track they initially released was one of the worst, but by no means is this an album worth spinning repeatedly, and certainly not worth my hard earned dollars.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #3482 on: August 21, 2015, 12:14:42 PM »
Just listened to the new Royal Hunt.  Mediocre is about as good a complement I can give it.  There best years are far, far in the rearview mirror.  The track they initially released was one of the worst, but by no means is this an album worth spinning repeatedly, and certainly not worth my hard earned dollars.

Pretty standard stuff for RH. Really don't like the vocals until he sings in the higher register.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3483 on: August 21, 2015, 04:48:56 PM »
I won't even both with it to be honest.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3484 on: August 21, 2015, 04:50:56 PM »
I only heard that first song and thought it was terrible.  Not checking it out.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3485 on: August 30, 2015, 05:31:55 PM »
Big news on Monday according to Karlsson's facebook page.  Freefall 2 info I'm guessing.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3486 on: August 30, 2015, 06:46:22 PM »
Big news on Monday according to Karlsson's facebook page.  Freefall 2 info I'm guessing.

:tup

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3487 on: August 30, 2015, 11:01:31 PM »
Really looking forward to it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3488 on: August 31, 2015, 04:23:07 PM »
https://www.melodicrock.com/articles/news-feed/2015/09/01/magnus-karlssons-freefall-returns-kingdom-rock

Swedish axeman MAGNUS KARLSSON is back with the second album of his solo project FREEFALL entitled “Kingdom of Rock”!
Out on Frontiers in November!

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the release of the sophomore album from MAGNUS KARLSSON’S FREEFALL “Kingdom Of Rock” on November 6th.

Magnus Karlsson is the mastermind behind several Frontiers Music Srl productions, including the successful initial ALLEN/LANDE trilogy, STARBREAKER, BOB CATLEY, KISKE/SOMERVILLE and several others. In 2008, he joined the German Heavy Metal icons PRIMAL FEAR and with them has toured the world and recorded three successful albums that climbed high on the charts in several countries.

For this new album – aptly titled “Kingdom of Rock” - Magnus enlisted again a dream team featuring some of the  strongest melodic singers in metal and hard rock! Magnus says: “I didn’t plan to make a second Free Fall album at first but one album wasn’t enough for my wish list of singers… so after the summer last year I started on some ideas. Without pressure or a deadline… just for fun. So I started to look at the list with singers and thought if can I get these guys on board I will work harder than ever before to make the best album I could. I wanted not only some of the best singers I ever heard, but singers that meant a lot to me and that have given me inspiration. For example: Tony Martin and Joe Lynn Turner… I grew up with their music and that made me the musician I am today. It feels unreal to make music with them now!“

The final list includes TONY HARNELL (Skid Row, TNT, Starbreaker), RICK ALTZI (Masterplan, At Vance), DAVID READMAN (Pink Cream 69, Voodoo Circle), JORN LANDE, JAKOB SAMUEL (The Poodles), JOE LYNN TURNER (Rainbow, Malmsteen, Deep Purple), TONY MARTIN (Black Sabbath), HARRY HESS (Harem Scarem) and REBECCA DE LA MOTTE. Rounding out the line-up on the album is Jaime Salazar on drums with production duties handled by Jacob Hansen (Volbeat, Primal Fear, Amaranthe, Pretty Maids and more).

Magnus says, “There is a lot more work in this album. Normally I don’t throw away good ideas. This time I skipped great ideas and replaced it with something better. I don’t want to do the same thing over and over. I want to do something better. I also had a bigger budget for the production and was able to work in great studios. Jacob Hansen did a fantastic job with the mix and mastering and the sound is just what I always wanted. This is not about having big names on the album, this is simply about making the best music I possibly can for the best singers I know!”

The final result “Kingdom of Rock” is a Melodic Metal blast which is truly one of the top releases of its kind in 2015!

Tracklisting:  Kingdom Of Rock (Jorn Lande, vocals); Out Of The Dark (Jakob Samuel, vocals); No Control (Joe Lynn Turner, vocals); When The Sky Falls (Tony Martin, vocals); Angel Of The Night (David Readman, vocals); I Am Coming For You (Magnus Karlsson, vocals); Another Life (Rick Altzi, vocals); Never Look Away (Tony Harnell, vocals); A Heart So Cold (Harry Hess, vocals); The Right Moment (Rebecca De La Motte, vocals); Walk This Road Alone (Magnus Karlsson, vocals).

BAND MEMBERS:
Magnus Karlsson - Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Vocals
Jaime Salazar - Drums

Weblinks: www.facebook.com/MAGNUSKARLSSONSFREEFALL

Tracklisting:  Kingdom Of Rock (Jorn Lande, vocals); Out Of The Dark (Jakob Samuel, vocals); No Control (Joe Lynn Turner, vocals); When The Sky Falls (Tony Martin, vocals); Angel Of The Night (David Readman, vocals); I Am Coming For You (Magnus Karlsson, vocals); Another Life (Rick Altzi, vocals); Never Look Away (Tony Harnell, vocals); A Heart So Cold (Harry Hess, vocals); The Right Moment (Rebecca De La Motte, vocals); Walk This Road Alone (Magnus Karlsson, vocals).

BAND MEMBERS:
Magnus Karlsson - Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Vocals
Jaime Salazar - Drums

Weblinks: www.facebook.com/MAGNUSKARLSSONSFREEFALL

https://youtu.be/ljiHGxQs2yE

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3489 on: August 31, 2015, 04:28:02 PM »
Sounds quite fresh IMO.  That Jorn song sounds like it could be on the first Allen/Lande album with a bit of a Survivor feel IMO.  The JLT song is pure 80's melodic rock, the Jakob Samuel song has a great chorus and the Magnus song is solid. 

So pumped for this.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3490 on: August 31, 2015, 06:01:08 PM »
sounds good to me!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3491 on: August 31, 2015, 06:02:44 PM »
Skip this post Kade!

If I listen to this two times, then it will be twice as many times as I listened to the first one.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:27:37 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3492 on: August 31, 2015, 06:42:10 PM »
Skip this post Kade!

If I listen to this two times, then it will be twice as many times as I listened to the first one.

Can't skip this.  What a wasted opportunity for your roulette.  You gotta check it out man.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3493 on: August 31, 2015, 06:48:04 PM »
I hate to break it to you Kade but double zero ain't two.  :neverusethis:   He mustn't have liked it.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3494 on: August 31, 2015, 06:53:34 PM »
Oh yeah, I think I read that wrong.  I just don't think it would be possible for anyone not to like that album.  Damn you Tim! 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3495 on: August 31, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »
Skip this post Kade!

Can't skip this.  What a wasted opportunity for your roulette.  You gotta check it out man.

I bought it! It's on my iPod!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3496 on: August 31, 2015, 06:56:34 PM »
Skip this post Kade!

I bought it! It's on my iPod!

What's the story then?  Just didn't do it for you?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3497 on: August 31, 2015, 07:01:18 PM »
I actually wasn't big into Freefall either........lots of people on it who I like but for me the songs were nothing special. I wasn't rushing back for a second listen either.

I get the feeling that this time around he hasn't spread himself as thin as he was a few years back.  Expecting a good album.

As a general rule I find that multi vocalist albums disappoint me a lot more often than not , no matter how great the talent on the roster.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3498 on: August 31, 2015, 07:03:53 PM »
I actually wasn't big into Freefall either........lots of people on it who I like but for me the songs were nothing special. I wasn't rushing back for a second listen either.

I get the feeling that this time around he hasn't spread himself as thin as he was a few years back.  Expecting a good album.

The samples certainly sound like there is more vision and thought put into the songwriting.  That Jorn song really does remind me of The Battle.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3499 on: August 31, 2015, 07:08:24 PM »
I listened to it once while cutting the lawn. Admittedly not the best circumstances. But I'm not a fan of different vocalists on every song, and I'm not that familiar with Karlsson to be so much of a fan to look the other way. It's decent music and all, but when it's so many albums so little time, it has always got pushed aside.