Author Topic: The official Frontiers Softcock Shit thread  (Read 571044 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The official melodic rock/AOR thread
« Reply #2240 on: July 07, 2014, 04:36:48 PM »
I feel like we've had an hour conversation between 2 threads. :lol

:metal

Tough part is remembering where I said what. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2241 on: July 08, 2014, 05:37:33 AM »
I think I still have my "I Fuck Like A Beast 45 import with the cockpiece picture as the cover somewhere.

I bought that but traded it for a couple of albums at school. I htink one was Ratt's Invasion Of Your Privacy. Not sure what the other was

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2242 on: July 08, 2014, 06:12:13 AM »
That reminds me of that Ratt EP with the Areosmith cover Walkin' The Dog.  I can't remember the name of it but I played the crap out of it.  But I was an ass with my albums as a teen except for the picture or colored disks.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2243 on: July 08, 2014, 06:17:13 AM »
That reminds me of that Ratt EP with the Areosmith cover Walkin' The Dog.  I can't remember the name of it but I played the crap out of it.  But I was an ass with my albums as a teen except for the picture or colored disks.
I had that too, but I was ultimately disappointed with how Ratt turned out. They had a great sound, but Pearcy absolutely sucked and really dragged the band down. If they had a real singer, I bet they would've been awesome.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2244 on: July 08, 2014, 11:40:17 AM »
Seeing them live really showed how bad a singer Pearcy was.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2245 on: July 08, 2014, 11:44:34 AM »
Thankfully I never experienced that. They had such a great sound. Much fuller than Dokken. I used to wish Dokken would sing for Ratt.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2246 on: July 08, 2014, 12:00:17 PM »
Thankfully I never experienced that. They had such a great sound. Much fuller than Dokken. I used to wish Dokken would sing for Ratt.

Agree about Pearcy. He was the weak link for sure. ratt had a great guitar sound - probably my favourite of all those LA bands. DeMartini is a great player. Shame he didn't get to record with Whitesnake. That would have been a good match.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2247 on: July 08, 2014, 12:05:06 PM »
DeMartini is a great player. Shame he didn't get to record with Whitesnake. That would have been a good match.
I'm not sure I would've even noticed. The Whitesnake ship sailed ages ago. How has Demartini spent the last 20 or so years? Any good music associated with him?

Offline emtee

« Reply #2248 on: July 08, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »
Pulled out some Ratt about 3 weeks ago while working out, after about 10 years and I forgot how much I liked the riffs.
They have some killer guitar work.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2249 on: July 08, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »
DeMartini is a great player. Shame he didn't get to record with Whitesnake. That would have been a good match.
I'm not sure I would've even noticed. The Whitesnake ship sailed ages ago. How has Demartini spent the last 20 or so years? Any good music associated with him?

He toured as guitarist with Whitesnake before Doug Aldrich joined. All I've heard from him in that time is the Ratt S/T (which I love but most don't) and the last Ratt album which again was ok. I think he just does Ratt and those awful tribute albums. The ones where Lemmy sings Rick  Springfield and Freddie Mercury   :lol

edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXR7uXN7FaM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik3kWShtO3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pTRhExEcwQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeIfv8cOKp8
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:28:36 PM by Lowdz »

Offline FreezingPoint

« Reply #2250 on: July 08, 2014, 12:24:34 PM »
Pulled out some Ratt about 3 weeks ago while working out, after about 10 years and I forgot how much I liked the riffs.
They have some killer guitar work.

It's too bad so many of them are in D or drop D. Real pain to learn. Fun to play though.
avenuex.bandcamp.com

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2251 on: July 08, 2014, 03:45:40 PM »
I like Ratt more than most, but Lowdz, I don't know how you enjoy that S/T from 99.  It's brutal.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2252 on: July 08, 2014, 04:37:20 PM »
I like Ratt more than most, but Lowdz, I don't know how you enjoy that S/T from 99.  It's brutal.

I really don't know - I just like it. I love the guitar sound and the album makes me wan to pick my guitar up and play.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2253 on: July 08, 2014, 04:44:48 PM »

I really don't know - I just like it. I love the guitar sound and the album makes me wan to pick my guitar up and play.

I'm afraid to ask but what's the best song on it?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2254 on: July 08, 2014, 04:57:24 PM »

The last one, then just fast forward to the end.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2255 on: July 08, 2014, 04:59:39 PM »

:lol :metal

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2256 on: July 09, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »

Its not that bad !!!  :biggrin: Try the first couple of links. If that doesn't do it for ya then jj's right.

:lol :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2257 on: July 09, 2014, 03:00:23 PM »
OK, just sampled a coupla tracks. IT SUCKS!!!

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2258 on: July 09, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »

well I still like it. Crawls off to the corner to sulk  :biggrin:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2259 on: July 09, 2014, 03:41:17 PM »

Stand tall, man. You are allowed to like shitty music! :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2260 on: July 09, 2014, 03:42:18 PM »

Stand tall, man. You are allowed to like shitty music! :lol

We'll blame Pearcey. He is shit.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2261 on: July 09, 2014, 03:46:09 PM »
Yeah, it's tough. I just can't get by that. The music was pretty lame too though. :)
At least Pearcy sounded no worse than he did in 1984. As for the band..WTF??

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2262 on: July 09, 2014, 07:30:18 PM »
Their latest, Infestation, was a very solid release though

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2263 on: July 09, 2014, 07:36:17 PM »
I reckon Pearcy was okay on the studio stuff and his voice gave them much of their character - live ...........different story.
These days if I go for a Ratt album it would either be Detonator (with Nobody Rides for Free - from Point Break - tacked on) or Infestation.

I actually saw Whitesnake with DeMartini (the night before a uni exam which went down well with the "olds"  ;D  ) and didn't think he fitted in very well with their sound - having said that he was that low in the mix he may as well have been air guitaring it most of the night.

DeMArtini should have hooked up with the singer from Wildside - now that would've been interesting.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:46:23 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2264 on: July 10, 2014, 05:45:25 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=92_XyoAGprc

New Unisonic video.  Quite different, I like it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2265 on: July 10, 2014, 05:46:33 AM »
I saw that yesterday. I have very high hopes for this album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2266 on: July 10, 2014, 05:52:17 AM »

Yeah, this and the other song are really quite excellent.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #2267 on: July 10, 2014, 03:03:31 PM »

I like that. Sounding excellent.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2268 on: July 10, 2014, 03:26:59 PM »

I like that. Sounding excellent.

Had a second listen to that song and it's fantastic.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2269 on: July 10, 2014, 08:57:18 PM »
wow, Kiske sounds outstanding.  This is a man who has taken care of his voice carefully over the years.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2270 on: July 10, 2014, 09:09:13 PM »
Liking the sound of Kiske as usual but not much there musically for me to latch on to at first listen.  Pretty basic stuff but will certainly check out the album - didn't find much I liked on the first.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2271 on: July 11, 2014, 07:07:45 AM »
Even though the first album was pretty simple, I found it was quite a grower.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2272 on: July 11, 2014, 07:38:20 AM »

Frontiers Records is excited to announce the release of the long awaited third album from Swedish melodic rockers WORK OF ART entitled “Framework” on September 19th in Europe and September 22nd in North America.

“Framework” comes 3 years after the release of “In Progress”, an album that solidified WORK OF ART’s reputation as one of the most talented newcomers in the Melodic Rock genre. Drawing comparisons from such bands as Toto, Giant and Journey, WORK OF ART literally came from nowhere when in 2008 their debut album “Artwork” hit the streets and catapulted them into the stardom of the genre!

“After our last record was released, we started to play live for the first time” says main composer and guitar player Robert Säll. ”It really brought us together in a whole new way and kind of revitalized the band. From there, the decision to make a new album was more or less a no brainer. So really, the inspiration for this new album came from playing live and from meeting all the wonderful fans!”

The new album was written and recorded in a time frame of about one year and a half and is the logical next step after “In Progress”. “Framework” musically encompasses all that WORK OF ART managed to create until now, offering another bunch of unforgettable songs with soaring melodies (courtesy of the golden throat of singer Lars Säfsund) and amazing instrumental prowess (offered by Robert Säll and drummer Herman Furin). Overall this is certainly WORK OF ART’s most up-tempo and straight ahead album so far, but – as it should be – some unbelievable softer moments are there as well!

“I think it safe to say that, style wise, this album continues in the footsteps of our previous two albums. We tried to stretch our sound a little though, some heavier songs and some softer songs” continues Robert.

By popular demand WORK OF ART debuted live in Madrid, Spain in January 2012. When asked if WORK OF ART will be following up the new release with a proper tour, Robert Säll answers: “We will certainly try to gig as much as possible. We're already in discussion with several different promoters and then of course, we'll be playing at Melodicrock Fest in Chicago in October!”

A trailer of the album can be enjoyed via this link: https://youtu.be/uN0z6XuLGNA

“Framework” includes the following tracks: Time To Let Go ; How Will I Know?; Can’t Let Go ; How Do You Sleep At Night?; Over The Line ; The Machine ; Hold On To Love ; Natalie;  The Turning Point ; My Waking Dream.

Sounds pretty much the same as the last two, but I ain't complaining.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2273 on: July 11, 2014, 08:19:47 AM »
Sounds pretty much the same as the last two, but I ain't complaining.

No kidding.  Nothing to compelling there.  It's about as powder puff as you can get from Frontiers.  Not bad by any stretch, but not anything that stands out.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2274 on: July 11, 2014, 08:26:48 AM »
I just have a soft spot for this band.  Love the atmosphere of the songs, the melodies, Robert's amazing guitar work and Lars vox.  Can't wait.