Author Topic: The Sleeping Giant - Prototype distortion swell pedal  (Read 800 times)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
The Sleeping Giant - Prototype distortion swell pedal
« on: November 04, 2011, 08:48:16 PM »
So my old roommate and I had been discussing this pedal for a long time but essentially it's a distortion pedal that goes from barely there to max distortion at the rock of a wah pedal. Using the shell of a wah pedal he created the board of a TS9 and wired the gain pot to fluxuate based on where the pedal was being rocked, heel down being the least amount of distortion and heel all the way forward meaning max distortion. I've talked to a few people who, before I even commented, wished this kind of pedal exist and now that the prototype has been made I'd like to share in the near future. I'll share some pictures and sound/video clips very soon.

Offline a51502112

• Canada!
Re: The Sleeping Giant - Prototype distortion swell pedal
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 06:23:41 PM »
Sounds interesting, but call it: "Sweeping Giant".

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:05:36 AM »
I definitely think it's a neat idea. The only concern I would have is the two sounds you will be morphing between (clean and distorted). The EQ for distorted guitar are quite different from the clean one, so I could see that you would end up going from an awesome distorted sound to a thin clean sound, or the other way around.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 01:27:48 AM »
I can already do this with my Digi-Tech (waits for lols from anyone reading this post to subside) RP200. The expression pedal can be set to control the amount of gain, volume, wah, modulation effect, etc. If you think you might be able to make a quick buck off this, however, don't let my ass get in your way :tup
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon