Author Topic: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING  (Read 625 times)

Offline DJay32

OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING
« on: December 22, 2011, 07:11:17 PM »
Hello there, fellow fans of one of the greatest musical acts out there. Do you recall, a matter of several months ago, a mister Harold Camping announced the coming of Rapture to be May 21st, 2011? Of course it didn't happen, but that's beside the point! Did you ever stop to consider what life might have been if Rapture had actually come on that day? Did you ever piece together the wildest parts of your imagination to explore the blurred lines between "plausible" and "eldritch?"

Did you ever consider the repercussions of the apocalypse, and its effects on the music industry? What would John Petrucci do if faced with creatures scarier than himself? What would this Rapture even want with Dream Theater and other progressive acts in the first place?

I considered all this and more. These thoughts kept me up at night. I had to put them all down on paper. I settled for cyberspace, but I digress!

My point is, I was wondering if you guys could maybe give my humble apocalyptic adventure a looksee. It's not finished yet, but it sure as hell is getting there. I've got wonderful artists providing me with the pictures to match my imagination, and I'm just trying to jot everything down in a stream-of-consciousness "Stream of Consciousness" (ba-dum tish) style that seems more like Twitter in this day and age than anything else.

I mean. It's not perfect, but I honestly am not here just to boast my writing. I promise. I'm an entertainer at heart; I want to see if I can keep people entertained, if I can keep the laughter and scares going while maintaining an interesting story. Because people deserve interesting stories. That, and I noticed a significant lack of prog motifs in fiction nowadays, as well as a significant oversaturation of zombie-apocalypse stories in the apocalypse niche, so I decided to remedy both.

..if you'd be ever so kind enough to give it a look, you can find the table of contents at https://blindrapture.tumblr.com/contents. You can find bonus content (art, character bios, spin-offs and fanfiction, videos) in a link at the top. I try my best to keep the story updated at least once a week, though my ideal schedule would be one log a day. You really don't have to read it; I'd just really appreciate it, any feedback.

..oh and yes, the first log is supposed to be only a couple sentences. People always ask me about that.

Thank you for your time, and thank you in advance if you decide to read even a word of it! .w.;

Offline dethklok09

• Mike
  • Great band
Re: OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 09:40:55 PM »
tl;dr

hope things work out for you though