Author Topic: I need a Favor: What other sites like DTF do you enjoy?  (Read 7413 times)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: I need a Favor: What other sites like DTF do you enjoy?
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 08:52:43 AM »
I hate this thread... You're not allowed to go.....

You so sweet.. thanks for the kind words.. dont worry there are lots of nice people here,. I really cant say enough nice things about this site..it will be as good without me..wont be better,LOL , but close..

BUT: please help find me a new home..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 08:56:44 AM »
 :-\ well ok.... will do my best....

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 09:08:30 AM »
:-\ well ok.... will do my best....

Thanks Sweety!!! I appreciate..and you can always send me a PM..!!
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 09:48:58 AM »
If you want to discuss your extreme right-wing views, find an extreme right-wing website.  Just be honest with us and yourself.  That's what you want.  No point in dragging this charade out any further.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 10:02:55 AM »
If you want to discuss your extreme right-wing views, find an extreme right-wing website.  Just be honest with us and yourself.  That's what you want.  No point in dragging this charade out any further.

Incorrect, I like to speak with a mixed eclectic group, just like my friends in reality.. there is no fun in just being with a group who nods their head in agreement.. I like debate when Im in the mood for politics...and I am not "far right " LOL...

again Im looking for a fun group to discuss all sorts of subjects, if I was looking for just one subject to discuss that would be an easier find..

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 10:15:52 AM »
With all due respect, you didn't "discuss" in P/R, which is why you were ultimately banned.  You kept shoving the same agenda at us and your "rebuttals" consistently were simple dismissals of others.  That style of posting only works when you are already agreeing with everyone.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 10:24:11 AM »
This is NOT a P/R debate and I am asking everyone not to make it such. Recommend forums and keep it at that.

Edit: And I will continue to delete any further P/R related talk after this post.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:43:24 AM by Nick »
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 10:42:15 AM »
Now.. can the nice people here help me find a new home.. thank you..

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 10:54:40 AM »
Is there anything specific you're looking for? You've been given a ton of suggestions. In any event, here's another one: https://www.reddit.com/r/RvBdebates

here's the description
Welcome to RvBdebates!
This subreddit is for debating topics from a different perspective. When you join, you can pick either the red team or the blue team.
When you make a post, you pick a topic to debate on and which side each team will take.
The teams are arbitrary and are not meant to represent any political party in particular.
Pick a team:
Join the red team!
Join the blue team!
Downvotes are for comments that don't follow proper debate etiquette. Don't just mass downvote the other team for debating like they're supposed to.
Read this(what not to do)
Suggestions thread
Other subreddits: r/politics
Jargon:
R = Red
B = Blue
[NMAO] = Not my actual opinion
FLIP = Post that flips the teams sides on a debate. (link the original post please)
When making a post, signify the team that will take the 'affirmative' position in the argument followed by the argument statement.
Example:
R: Cats are better pets than dogs.
This would mean that Red team is arguing in support of cats being better pets than dogs.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 11:02:34 AM »
Is there anything specific you're looking for? You've been given a ton of suggestions. In any event, here's another one: https://www.reddit.com/r/RvBdebates

here's the description
Welcome to RvBdebates!
This subreddit is for debating topics from a different perspective. When you join, you can pick either the red team or the blue team.
When you make a post, you pick a topic to debate on and which side each team will take.
The teams are arbitrary and are not meant to represent any political party in particular.
Pick a team:
Join the red team!
Join the blue team!
Downvotes are for comments that don't follow proper debate etiquette. Don't just mass downvote the other team for debating like they're supposed to.
Read this(what not to do)
Suggestions thread
Other subreddits: r/politics
Jargon:
R = Red
B = Blue
[NMAO] = Not my actual opinion
FLIP = Post that flips the teams sides on a debate. (link the original post please)
When making a post, signify the team that will take the 'affirmative' position in the argument followed by the argument statement.
Example:
R: Cats are better pets than dogs.
This would mean that Red team is arguing in support of cats being better pets than dogs.

I looked at it ..and I cant work that site..its confusing to me..I like the format of these sort of sites..

Thanks tho..I appreciate..

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2011, 11:10:55 AM »
AG,

I meant by these type of boards..I meant the sytle and format of thise site..DTF...I call this a "forum" but the way its arranged I really like here..DTF here, not the reddit format..that I cant get my head around..

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2011, 11:12:52 AM »
I was over at neal morse for awhile but can't remember if they have a political section

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2011, 11:14:41 AM »
I was over at neal morse for awhile but can't remember if they have a political section

awwww thanks my brother.. I will take a look.. you are the best!!! so many nice people here..I will really miss this amazing place..my heart is heavy

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2011, 11:26:11 AM »
Nobody is forcing you to leave, you know.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2011, 11:46:19 AM »
Nobody is forcing you to leave, you know.

Look at my avatar... people made a mess for me.. its a matter of time...

You be well AG... and I still liked that coat ( long ago when I first got here you posted a picture of your ne coat..it was a good coat.. : )

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:50:53 AM by Nick »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2011, 01:00:14 PM »
 :rollin

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2011, 01:01:27 PM »
 :lol
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2011, 01:14:51 PM »
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/

dont tell me you buy into that rumor that the earth is round BS ? ...its well proven its like a pancake..the rest is an illusion...

Take care...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
so many nice people here..I will really miss this amazing place..my heart is heavy
Where the F are you going? Why are you leaving?
Did I miss something?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2011, 01:57:21 PM »

dont tell me you buy into that rumor that the earth is round BS ? ...its well proven its like a pancake..the rest is an illusion...

Take care...
Nah, no rumors.  But it's a fun place, believe it or not, and it's just weird enough to make it different from virtually any other place I know on the internet.  I actually am a member there, no bullshit.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 02:05:04 PM »

Take care...
Nah, no rumors.  But it's a fun place, believe it or not, and it's just weird enough to make it different from virtually any other place I know on the internet.  I actually am a member there, no bullshit.

Oh Ok... sent you PM... take care.. and thank you!!

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2011, 02:12:40 PM »
Sincere thank you to Hef... it looks interesting to me...lots of cool subjects, many I enjoy.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »
Sincere thank you to Hef... it looks interesting to me...lots of cool subjects, many I enjoy.
  :tup

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2011, 02:21:07 PM »

Take care...

That place is fucking hysterical.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2011, 02:22:56 PM »

OMG I spent a lotta time reading that forum and cracking up a few months ago.  What a silly place.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2011, 02:50:15 PM »
Im a silly guy at heart..complex yes..silly yes... lol

I hope I fit in there..sounds promising..I love to chuckle

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2011, 09:02:57 AM »
Mod is welcome to delete this thread..

take care and enjoy!!