Author Topic: Dream Theater- A Dramatic Turn of events-review-The Metal Voice  (Read 1588 times)

Offline themetalvoice

Dream Theater- A Dramatic Turn of events-review-The Metal Voice
« on: November 04, 2011, 04:58:06 AM »
Dream Theater- A Dramatic Turn of events-review-The Metal Voice Video

https://www.youtube.com/user/voicemetal?feature=mhee

Offline johncal

Re: Dream Theater- A Dramatic Turn of events-review-The Metal Voice
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 03:01:21 PM »
The guy on the left sounds like he could be Don Cherry's stoner brother. I also noticed a quick cameo by MP with opeth!

BTW, a waste of time review.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »
So pretty much it's the same thing I would have heard if I listened in on two people sitting behind me at a metal concert.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline lithium112

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 05:34:20 PM »
Why the hell would someone who doesn't like long songs even waste their time reviewing a DT album? Granted the guys said some nice things about them later.

Funniest part: "Sounds like Porcupine Trees to me. It sounds boring" haha jesus. But again, just displaying a profound lack of prog understanding. lol

Offline Flacracker

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 07:36:01 PM »
They dont seem to be very much of an autority on music. Their most viewed video is only about 1,000.

Offline TL

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 11:26:03 PM »
Someone should tell them that getting a youtube channel with the word metal in it doesn't automatically validate their opinions about metal music. My GrampTallica channel has more metal cred than them (and possibly more views in one video than all of their uploads combined, and mine was uploaded as a joke).

I actually felt embarrassed for them while I was watching.

Offline Moonchild

• There can be only one! muahahaha
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 05:12:06 AM »
yeah.. unscripted and they are no camera friends...  :facepalm:

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »
Why the hell would someone who doesn't like long songs even waste their time reviewing a DT album? Granted the guys said some nice things about them later.

Funniest part: "Sounds like Porcupine Trees to me. It sounds boring" haha jesus. But again, just displaying a profound lack of prog understanding. lol
This. My exact thoughts.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline TL

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 11:03:31 PM »
While there is room for improvement with their reviews, I feel bad about some of my comments, and reading my own comments now, I come off as a complete asshole.

Guys, if you read this, while there's room for improvement with your videos (not a negative comment, but rather a comment every video artist, including myself, will hear), there were some nice things said about ADToE in that review. There are areas on which you could improve in your videos, but I mean that in a constructive way. More scripting, more editing, and either slicker green screen or less green screen.

Fewer 'segments', and improved sound quality. I would personally recommend shooting on a set rather than against a green screen (it doesn't have to be anything elaborate), and having graphics as a side window rather than a background. I offer these tips as constructive advice, and wish you well in the future.