Author Topic: Would you hook up for "casual sex"?  (Read 10341 times)

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
Re: Would you hook up for "casual sex"?
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2012, 08:01:30 PM »
Not to say big words but I wouldn't hook up for casual sex because, from my view, sex can only be meaningful when love and passion unite. I can't sex with someone just to feed my natural instincts. Even though I know that instincts direct the humanity, so I know I'm against the system but these damn emotions get me every time. 
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »
Done it too many times. Wish I hadn't. It's not worth it, and just ends up being awkward in the end.

"Well if it wasn't worth it, why did you do it so many times?"

Well, you see Bob:

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2012, 08:22:19 PM »
I don't often have a strong urge to bang a random girl, but if I did I wouldn't have a problem with a casual hook up, assuming I didn't have a special girl.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2012, 10:23:18 PM »
Well, I certainly have quite a few times back in the day but I was in a band so that makes it ok.

This.  Back in the day, things were so much simpler.  I would do whatever I could to make it happen before the guitarist or lead singer saw her, because if they did, it was all over.  I did manage to outwit them a few times.

Seriously though, I have so I have to answer yes. Pretty much nothing was out of bounds when I was younger.
I'm not endorsing casual sex. I'm just saying I engaged in it. Follow your own moral compass. I didn't have one at the time.

Wait, that first answer wasn't serious?  Oh well.  I agree with both the first and second answers anyway.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2012, 12:12:30 PM »
Well, I certainly have quite a few times back in the day but I was in a band so that makes it ok.

This.  Back in the day, things were so much simpler.  I would do whatever I could to make it happen before the guitarist or lead singer saw her, because if they did, it was all over.  I did manage to outwit them a few times.

Seriously though, I have so I have to answer yes. Pretty much nothing was out of bounds when I was younger.
I'm not endorsing casual sex. I'm just saying I engaged in it. Follow your own moral compass. I didn't have one at the time.

Wait, that first answer wasn't serious?  Oh well.  I agree with both the first and second answers anyway.
The reality is, if your single and a girl is watching you perform and giving you that look its hard to not go there.
When I got married, being in a band lost its luster, even though I still performed another 3 years after getting married. I have never cheated on my wife in 17 years of marriage.

Back to casual sex. I will say that the next day is way awkward. Its hard to be a slut and a gentleman at the same time. I always tried to be both if that's even possible.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2012, 12:41:23 PM »

As a fellow keyboard player I understand you, haha.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2012, 12:43:53 PM »

As

As a fellow keyboard player I understand you, haha.
As a lead singer, all I can say is sorry dudes. :biggrin:

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2012, 12:46:27 PM »
As a recovering (self described) sexual addict.. I did "hook up for caual sex" hundreds of times. Probably somewhere in the "Lemmy" range of things if I had to guess. There was a time for many years when every weekend thats all I did. I was usually successful. Seeing as there are 52 weeks in a year, and a Friday AND a Saturday night,  every week...it adds up. Hell...I once had sex with 5 women (individually) in a 24 hour period (Number 3 had just left not more than ten minutes earlier when #4 let herself into my apartment and climbed into the shower with me...I remember thinking.."They HAD to pass each other didn't they?"). I stopped continually trying to remember them all years ago, but I still recall an experience from time to time. It used to drive me crazy. Regrets? Yeah...I have a few. While I enjoyed every minute of it, I wish most of it had never happened really. I missed out on a lot actually. And broke more than a few hearts. Sometimes, when I look at my wife...I think I'm not worthy. Karmacally speaking.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2012, 01:15:10 PM »
Here are my standard four reasons as to why masturbation is better than a one-night stand :biggrin::

1. No chance of getting someone pregnant.
2. No chance of catching an STD.
3. It's cheap.
4. If I want to have a quickie, no one is left aggravated or unsatisfied.

:lol :lol

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2012, 01:18:05 PM »
There's nothing wrong with it as long as you're safe, but casual sex isn't really my thing (well, sex in general isn't, but yeah).
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2012, 01:29:33 PM »
As a recovering (self described) sexual addict.. I did "hook up for caual sex" hundreds of times. Probably somewhere in the "Lemmy" range of things if I had to guess. There was a time for many years when every weekend thats all I did. I was usually successful. Seeing as there are 52 weeks in a year, and a Friday AND a Saturday night,  every week...it adds up. Hell...I once had sex with 5 women (individually) in a 24 hour period (Number 3 had just left not more than ten minutes earlier when #4 let herself into my apartment and climbed into the shower with me...I remember thinking.."They HAD to pass each other didn't they?"). I stopped continually trying to remember them all years ago, but I still recall an experience from time to time. It used to drive me crazy. Regrets? Yeah...I have a few. While I enjoyed every minute of it, I wish most of it had never happened really. I missed out on a lot actually. And broke more than a few hearts. Sometimes, when I look at my wife...I think I'm not worthy. Karmacally speaking.
If our pasts condemned us, we would be doomed very early in life. I am thankful I was given a future to right many wrongs.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2012, 01:39:15 PM »
when love and passion unite

The unreleased, unadulterated love/jam session featuring all original members of DT. Yes, even Chris Collins. Boy, you gotta hear his climax scream.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2012, 06:11:49 PM »
Is a threesome with Mrs. Cozmo and her friend considered casual?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2012, 07:21:20 PM »

That depends........ I'll need more details............ Don't leave anything out though, because that could affect the result..................

:neverusethis:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2012, 09:39:13 PM »
There's nothing wrong with it as long as you're safe, but casual sex isn't really my thing (well, sex in general isn't, but yeah).

Are you a eunuch?

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »

No, that sounds like something you should take very seriously.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2012, 09:46:31 PM »

Are you a eunuch?

No, just uninterested.

And no, not a virgin either.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2012, 09:58:45 PM »

Are you a eunuch?

No, just uninterested.

You seemed pretty damn interested when we met. Good thing I already had a butt plug in.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2012, 05:56:41 AM »
Not if the friend is wearing an original by Vera Wang. :tick2:

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2012, 07:31:22 AM »
Not for long she ain't.   :hat

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2012, 07:54:44 AM »
Not for long she ain't.   :hat
Well, it would still kind of be formal sex. crazy jungle monkey sex mind you, but the gown makes it formal for a limited time.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2012, 09:24:23 AM »
How did you manage that - hookup websites or paying for it?

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2012, 09:26:46 AM »

Are you a eunuch?

No, just uninterested.

You seemed pretty damn interested when we met. Good thing I already had a butt plug in.

What can I say, beanies and buttplugs are just too hot to resist.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2012, 09:41:29 AM »

College football player.

I have had more than my share of casual sex.  Some came with regrets, some didn't, some I just don't fucking remember.  Gotta love those mornings you wake up smelling of sex and having no idea who you banged.  Those days ended years ago though, I will still hook up, but only in certain situations.  I won't do it just for the conquest or to satisfy the urge, but if I'm having fun with a girl, and things start heading in that direction, what the hell, it's diver down time.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2012, 10:52:51 PM »

College football player.

That was a large portion of it indeed. I never paid for sex (okay divorce doesn't count here  :\ ), and I never went to a "hookup website". I have done just about everything else. My best friend and I (whom I've implicated as my partner in crime in many of these scenarios) had a bet our junior year (grade 11) of high school to see who could be first to sleep with a girl whose first name began with every letter of the alphabet before we graduated. They had to be done alphabetically, and we couldn't sleep with a girl that the other guy had already slept with. He made it to "N", got "Nancy" pregnant and wound up marrying her for about two years. I made it to the letter "Q". There arent many women in north America whose name begins with Q. To this day, I say I won. He says we never officially finished. I still don't think I've ever slept with a woman whose name began with "Q". In college it was bad...really, really bad. Girls, lonely alumni wives, and even a couple of college professors were willing recepients of "Dr. Tempus' Two-Ball Root Serum". I actually got an A from Dr. Stephanie Wiley in an English class my sophomore year, and not because of anything I'd done academically   :biggrin:. Grad school was just as insane, only then I lived for a while (about a year) in a ménage à trois relationship with two women (Angie and Lisa). We started getting into a pretty fast swinger lifestyle for a while and they in turn brought many other women in to share our bed(s) from time to time. I also sang in a few bands through the years as well to help pay the bills and I would get laid alot from that. It was crazy. Law school was just as intense. And for many years, every night that I went out, I went out for the sole purpose of getting laid. I used to take bets at clubs with friends on whether I could pick up someone. I used to let them pick. I was usually successful. I also was a part owner in a bar for many years. I didn't work the bar (at least not in the sense you would expect  :biggrin: ), but if you think bartenders get a lot of play (they do btw), bar OWNERS get even more. My best friend was a partner in the venture  :omg: . Let's just say that it seemed like nearly every night we had a party after hours of some sort. Women used to line up, literally, at the bar, and we would all do free shots for awhile and then thin them out as we went along. At closing time, we'd say, "Lets keep partying", and they would. We'd lock the doors, kick out the staff; and the bar, the dance floor, tables, a booth, billiards tables, etc. became the beds. It was great. After a while I started having regular hookups almost every night of the week, and it nearly killed me.

There was a girl, Melissa, who used to drive me crazy. She started this crap where she wanted to have a dom relationship with me and have me be her master and she my sex slave. I played along for about a year, but she wanted to come around EVERY NIGHT. It was too much. I actually got bored one night, and ran out of shit for her to do, so after we'd had sex for like the fifth time that day I had her crawl around on all fours and bark like a dog for like two hours! And she did it! :lol I didn't know what else to do with her. She used to page me over and over and over again, or call EVERYWHERE trying to track me down, so I finally would get on the phone and she'd say " I REALLY need to see my Master tonight. Oh, please Master tell me what you want me to do." And I'd get all serious and tell her, "The last time we were together, you didn't blow me enough, so as punishment, I'm going to have to discipline you and spank you the next time I see you"; and she'd get all breathy on the phone and moan and stuff and say "Ummm...Master...yessss...spank me. Spank me hard tonight!", and then I'd say, "Thats not all...as further punishment, you can't talk to me or see me for two weeks!"  :lol :lol She'd get all pouty and whiny, and I'd tell her "I'm serious, instead you have to play with yourself everyday." I'd get a two week break from her, and she'd come see me after two weeks, and tell me all about her masturbatory compliance with my commands, which would in turn make me hard enough to cut diamonds, and I'd take her home and bang the hell out of her, which was a mistake, because she'd start clingey again. But she would do ANYTHING...and I mean anything I told her to do. I started telling her to pick up other women for us both to have sex with and she did. :lol :lol It was INSANE!! When I became an attorney, same thing. Women are attracted not only to power, but the perception of power. When I started writing, same thing. My first book tour, I thought I'd pulled my prostate!

Let me just say, this lifestyle cost me alot emotionally, spiritually and financially. I longed for a healthy relationship. I have been determined to have just that for many, many years now. I can't say that I've always been pure. But I don't have to try so hard to be these days. Mrs. Vox is more than enough for me...right now.  :lol (JK)...My friend? He's long now been remarried, and has a couple of mistresses to this day, and still scores an occassional conquest; all while fathering two kids without his wife finding out!! Crazy!! He also hates it for the most part, but the opposite sex has a long history of making men weak. To paraphrase a line Chris Rock once pointed out, "I have never been able to run fast enough to get away from any pussy that's been after me." Only now, I try to stay away from places where it might sneak up on me.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:28:13 PM by TempusVox »
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2012, 01:43:43 AM »
 :tup Very cool read, on a lower scale recognisable too.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2012, 05:28:08 AM »

College football player.

That was a large portion of it indeed. I never paid for sex (okay divorce doesn't count here  :\ ), and I never went to a "hookup website". I have done just about everything else. My best friend and I (whom I've implicated as my partner in crime in many of these scenarios) had a bet our junior year (grade 11) of high school to see who could be first to sleep with a girl whose first name began with every letter of the alphabet before we graduated. They had to be done alphabetically, and we couldn't sleep with a girl that the other guy had already slept with. He made it to "N", got "Nancy" pregnant and wound up marrying her for about two years. I made it to the letter "Q". There arent many women in north America whose name begins with Q. To this day, I say I won. He says we never officially finished. I still don't think I've ever slept with a woman whose name began with "Q". In college it was bad...really, really bad. Girls, lonely alumni wives, and even a couple of college professors were willing recepients of "Dr. Tempus' Two-Ball Root Serum". I actually got an A from Dr. Stephanie Wiley in an English class my sophomore year, and not because of anything I'd done academically   :biggrin:. Grad school was just as insane, only then I lived for a while (about a year) in a ménage à trois relationship with two women (Angie and Lisa). We started getting into a pretty fast swinger lifestyle for a while and they in turn brought many other women in to share our bed(s) from time to time. I also sang in a few bands through the years as well to help pay the bills and I would get laid alot from that. It was crazy. Law school was just as intense. And for many years, every night that I went out, I went out for the sole purpose of getting laid. I used to take bets at clubs with friends on whether I could pick up someone. I used to let them pick. I was usually successful. I also was a part owner in a bar for many years. I didn't work the bar (at least not in the sense you would expect  :biggrin: ), but if you think bartenders get a lot of play (they do btw), bar OWNERS get even more. My best friend was a partner in the venture  :omg: . Let's just say that it seemed like nearly every night we had a party after hours of some sort. Women used to line up, literally, at the bar, and we would all do free shots for awhile and then thin them out as we went along. At closing time, we'd say, "Lets keep partying", and they would. We'd lock the doors, kick out the staff; and the bar, the dance floor, tables, a booth, billiards tables, etc. became the beds. It was great. After a while I started having regular hookups almost every night of the week, and it nearly killed me.

There was a girl, Melissa, who used to drive me crazy. She started this crap where she wanted to have a dom relationship with me and have me be her master and she my sex slave. I played along for about a year, but she wanted to come around EVERY NIGHT. It was too much. I actually got bored one night, and ran out of shit for her to do, so after we'd had sex for like the fifth time that day I had her crawl around on all fours and bark like a dog for like two hours! And she did it! :lol I didn't know what else to do with her. She used to page me over and over and over again, or call EVERYWHERE trying to track me down, so I finally would get on the phone and she'd say " I REALLY need to see my Master tonight. Oh, please Master tell me what you want me to do." And I'd get all serious and tell her, "The last time we were together, you didn't blow me enough, so as punishment, I'm going to have to discipline you and spank you the next time I see you"; and she'd get all breathy on the phone and moan and stuff and say "Ummm...Master...yessss...spank me. Spank me hard tonight!", and then I'd say, "Thats not all...as further punishment, you can't talk to me or see me for two weeks!"  :lol :lol She'd get all pouty and whiny, and I'd tell her "I'm serious, instead you have to play with yourself everyday." I'd get a two week break from her, and she'd come see me after two weeks, and tell me all about her masturbatory compliance with my commands, which would in turn make me hard enough to cut diamonds, and I'd take her home and bang the hell out of her, which was a mistake, because she'd start clingey again. But she would do ANYTHING...and I mean anything I told her to do. I started telling her to pick up other women for us both to have sex with and she did. :lol :lol It was INSANE!! When I became an attorney, same thing. Women are attracted not only to power, but the perception of power. When I started writing, same thing. My first book tour, I thought I'd pulled my prostate!

Let me just say, this lifestyle cost me alot emotionally, spiritually and financially. I longed for a healthy relationship. I have been determined to have just that for many, many years now. I can't say that I've always been pure. But I don't have to try so hard to be these days. Mrs. Vox is more than enough for me...right now.  :lol (JK)...My friend? He's long now been remarried, and has a couple of mistresses to this day, and still scores an occassional conquest; all while fathering two kids without his wife finding out!! Crazy!! He also hates it for the most part, but the opposite sex has a long history of making men weak. To paraphrase a line Chris Rock once pointed out, "I have never been able to run fast enough to get away from any pussy that's been after me." Only now, I try to stay away from places where it might sneak up on me.
Sounds like you have a kind of energy that attracts that the type of woman who was looking for the same kind of thing as you.
The spiritual side reminded me of William Blake's quote "the road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."