Author Topic: Presence  (Read 530 times)

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
Presence
« on: October 29, 2011, 08:04:07 PM »
It seems that some people in life are interesting, some much more so than others. 

How do they do it?

I, on the near-opposite side of the spectrum (i.e. I'm the inert and diminutive type), believe that it's probably a result of one's individual actions, and would like to better myself by figuring out what I do that makes me the way I am and perhaps figure out how I can change some of my ways to point myself into a more interesting direction.

Anyhow, I'd like to hear your word on what makes for an interesting person, and if you're one of those people who has it, how you made yourself into the person you are. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:09:44 PM by MasterShakezula »

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
Re: Presence
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 08:12:51 PM »
Probably mostly personal effort.  There are definite ways to try and make yourself interesting, and some people I know just have a very strong drive to search for experiences and attributes that will make them interesting.  I'm guessing the best way of going about it would be to pick someone and think, "now there's an interesting guy" and then try to generally imitate him in everything that he does, or at least in his most interesting attributes. 

Offline Ħ

Re: Presence
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 08:18:45 PM »
Imitation like CC said.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges