Author Topic: The Battlefield 3 Thread v. BE ADVISED, AWESOME IN YOUR AO, OVER  (Read 96505 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: The Battlefield 3 Thread v. BE ADVISED, AWESOME IN YOUR AO, OVER
« Reply #1085 on: May 06, 2016, 06:24:52 PM »
I mean Triplanes vs Zeppelins vs Horses vs Tanks and swords and armor and antitank rifles and the world and his wife, it's so crazy I kind of like it. Could be alot of fun, I guess it all depends on how unrealistic they're prepared to go. I don't wan't a million gadgets and attachments for the weapons given WW1 was mostly fought with bolt action rifles and ironsight.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1086 on: May 06, 2016, 06:35:56 PM »
I mean Triplanes vs Zeppelins vs Horses vs Tanks and swords and armor and antitank rifles and the world and his wife, it's so crazy I kind of like it. Could be alot of fun, I guess it all depends on how unrealistic they're prepared to go. I don't wan't a million gadgets and attachments for the weapons given WW1 was mostly fought with bolt action rifles and ironsight.

Yea, definitely a lot going on, but it looks fun and the graphics look amazing, sort of like Star Wars Battlefront, one of those clips looked exactly like that game which is a good thing in terms of graphics.  This will likely be a pre-order for me. 

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1087 on: May 06, 2016, 07:41:51 PM »
Honestly I won't pre-order until I see some proper gameplay. I'm intrigued by the idea though and it looks to be fun. I don't know if you played Verdun but it's a WW1 game and it's pretty hardcore and brutal. I love it because it's trying to be as authentic as possible so you basically only have bolt action weapons with ironsight and it's one shot kill. So when you're facing an enemy it's basically, if you miss the first shot you're most likely dead but that's what makes it so intense and immersive. Hopefully BF1 will capture some of that.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1088 on: May 06, 2016, 07:47:12 PM »
Personally, I don't like too realistic.  I'm more of a fan of BF3/4 style of play, I'd imagine it's very similar or maybe the same.  I even enjoyed Star Wars BF (although it was very limited) but in terms of gameplay, I liked it.  Unless there is some news of changes, I don't see a drastic change here.  They could add a "hardcore" type mode, which is cool.  But who knows, with horses and shovels, maybe this game will be much more different than the others.  I'm not pre-ordering anytime soon either, but I likely will to be able to play earlier and get the season pass too.  Based on my history of BF3/4 I will put over 100 hours into it and play all of the DLC maps.  Then again, this is EA and they could totally fuck this up and fuck me over, but for a game I love like BF I'd likely take that risk.

Offline adace

« Reply #1089 on: May 06, 2016, 08:31:21 PM »
YESSSS!! Finally a WWI FPS! So excited for this!!

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1090 on: May 09, 2016, 12:46:54 PM »
I'm so over the FPS genre. I'm trying to think how they could draw me back in, and I don't think they can. The only game I'm really looking forward to these days is Red Dead Remption's next installment.

I take back what I said. BF1 has gained my attention!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1091 on: May 31, 2016, 01:36:24 PM »
There will be a Battlefield 1 stream at E3 with live gameplay, will definitely check it out!

The First-Ever Battlefield™ 1 Multiplayer Livestream at EA Play on June 12 at 2:00PM PT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1092 on: June 12, 2016, 11:08:03 AM »
In about 3 hours the EA conference at E3 starts. BF1 will be played live somewhere during the conference. Have to say i'm pretty pumped but as usual every new release is exciting so yea...

https://live.ea.com/?utm_campaign=bf1_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_bf1-squads-apptset-6112016&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=7896&ts=1465711815271

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1093 on: June 12, 2016, 03:05:52 PM »
I love WWI. Battlefield 1 looks amazing. Can't wait to buy it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1094 on: June 12, 2016, 03:25:45 PM »
Whats up with all these celebs/rappers joining in as players lol?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1095 on: June 12, 2016, 03:36:00 PM »
Have to say it looks pretty amazing even though the stream quality is bad. Total chaos but it looks fun.

• DTF.org Member

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1097 on: June 13, 2016, 08:40:04 AM »
 :rollin

https://youtu.be/4pY3hlQEOc0

Official game play trailer... looks amazing

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1098 on: September 01, 2016, 03:19:06 PM »
Got myself a few rounds with some friends today and it was fun but I enjoyed the map they had during the alpha more, can't remember what it was called.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1099 on: September 01, 2016, 07:25:47 PM »
Ok so the last Battlefield game I played was 1942 but I'm loving battlefield 1. I've already put 4 hours into one map so I'm sure I'll pre purchasing this game.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1100 on: October 01, 2016, 03:03:50 PM »
Battlefield 1 Single Player Gameplay - Storm of Steel

Looks cool, I like the concept of playing another soldier when you die instead of respawning.
Makes you feel the helplessness those soldiers felt of a neverending war.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:17:49 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline adace

« Reply #1101 on: October 01, 2016, 11:52:38 PM »

Looks cool, I like the concept of playing another soldier when you die instead of respawning.
Game looks insane. Can't wait.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1102 on: October 14, 2016, 06:06:30 AM »
So last night I joined Origin Access.  For 5 bucks it allowed me to play the trial version of BF1 already.  It includes the first two single player missions and 10 hours of multiplayer all of which carries over to the game if you buy.  You also get 10% off the origin store... so for 5 bucks I saved 15 on the ultimate edition of the game.  So it actually saved me money and I am able to play the game.  Due to the download, I only got to play the opening scene of the game and...  :omg: it's awesome.  :metal

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1103 on: October 17, 2016, 09:42:44 AM »
Oh man, that first mission is AWESOME.

I think this single player has potential to be some of the most fun FPS moments ever.

It's all based on real stories.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2445626/Incredible-bravery-WWI-tank-crew-survived-72-hours-bombarded-Germans-side.html

This is what the first set of missions is based on.  So much fun to play and then read about it after.  Tomorrow is when the full game unlocks to early enlisters so I can proceed further on the single player.

And here is my first call cam video from the multiplayer (which I should have about 1 more hour to play tonight) https://youtu.be/ykIMM6BqEkw

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1104 on: October 21, 2016, 04:22:43 AM »
So I gave in and bought the standard edition today, will play some tonight.  :tup

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1105 on: October 21, 2016, 01:41:58 PM »

Game looks insane. Can't wait.

Picking this up at GameStop today after work.  :2metal:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1106 on: October 21, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »
I haven't been much into 1PSs for ages. Seems all the focus is on multiplayer with the SP being an afterthought. The Wired review of BF1 really makes me want to play it, though.
https://www.wired.com/2016/10/battlefield-1-review/
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1107 on: October 24, 2016, 09:14:43 AM »
Battlefield 1 is a great game but the war stories campaign is way too short.  I was expecting a lot more.  Still very cool and worth getting.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1108 on: October 24, 2016, 09:37:57 AM »
I haven't been much into 1PSs for ages. Seems all the focus is on multiplayer with the SP being an afterthought. The Wired review of BF1 really makes me want to play it, though.
https://www.wired.com/2016/10/battlefield-1-review/

While I'm loving this game and the war stories are awesome...

Battlefield 1 is a great game but the war stories campaign is way too short.  I was expecting a lot more.  Still very cool and worth getting.

Is a good enough reason to hold off until it's a bit cheaper if you are looking at this game for the single player.  Multiplayer is still where you get the moneys worth.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #1109 on: October 24, 2016, 10:25:47 AM »
Yeah, need to check out multiplayer for sure.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1110 on: October 27, 2016, 04:04:21 AM »
Haven't finished the campaign yet but I enjoy it so far especially the idea of telling small stories from the war instead of one single story arc. I think that works great and it opens up for all kinds of future DLCs with new war stories for SP along with MP maps following the same theme. As for the sp gameplay it's not very challenging so far but I know that's hard to balance. I also enjoy the MP but there's definitely room for improvements. The annoying vehicle bug that the origin overlay causes which makes you unable to aim when you enter a vehicle for example.  >:( Or not being able to join friends matches even though your in the same group. Small things that i'm sure will be fixed, still annoying though.
The new Operations mode is nice.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1111 on: November 04, 2017, 12:21:47 AM »
Returned to BF4 a couple of days ago and it's been fun, not many active servers though. There's a few of the new maps I never played so those were fun too discover.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1112 on: May 10, 2018, 01:15:28 PM »
So Battlefield 5 will be revealed on May 23rd.

https://www.ea.com/neverbethesame

My hype is pretty mellow at this point, I still love BF as a series but BF1 felt too casual, arcady and a step back from previous games.

The only thing that I feel is a bit interesting is that apparently from some sources that have inside information, the game is going to change alot from previous games which of course could be either bad or good.

So yea we'll see, every new BF reveal is always exciting either way!  :corn

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1113 on: May 10, 2018, 03:05:36 PM »
Im excited.  It should have a Battle Royale mode (might not at release though) which I've been wanting to try on the frostbite engine.  Even without it, I love the BF games.  I'd say I kind of agree that BF1 wasn't as good as BF4 or BF3.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1114 on: May 10, 2018, 05:15:03 PM »
Im excited.  It should have a Battle Royale mode (might not at release though) which I've been wanting to try on the frostbite engine.  Even without it, I love the BF games.  I'd say I kind of agree that BF1 wasn't as good as BF4 or BF3.
That would be interesting even though i'm a bit tired of the whole BR explosion.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1115 on: May 10, 2018, 06:27:22 PM »
That would be interesting even though i'm a bit tired of the whole BR explosion.

Well they aren't basing the game around this mode so that's good, just a new addition to go along with the current craze, but this is the one game I really wanted to try this mode.  I feel it has the potential to make it the best game to play this type of mode.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1116 on: May 23, 2018, 01:40:48 PM »
Even though i'm not that hyped for the actual game i'm still gonna watch the live stream. The best part about the reveal live stream for BF1 was seeing Snoop Dog smokin a joint while trying to figure out the game.

Starting in 20mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg5AOmEv6tQ

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1117 on: June 02, 2021, 02:56:14 PM »
So BF reveal next week! I mean my interest in BF is low these days and have been for many years now but.....I can't help feel a little bit curious on what DICE are cooking over there in Stockholm.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1118 on: June 02, 2021, 03:13:35 PM »
I'm excited because I hope they either put a fork into Warzone OR they make COD actually improve the game on the next iteration which will likely line up with this release.  Warzone needs competition IMO. 

Saw this meme on reddit today and I know basically all my COD friends feel the same way:

Having said that, I completely fell off the BF bandwagon with BF5.  It just wasn't interesting IMO.  Seems like it's been a downward trend since BF3 (my favorite BF) so I really do hope with all this time since last release that they really do something special to move the brand back into being a top FPS game and hopefully a top BR mode to compete and dethrone Warzone.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1119 on: June 05, 2021, 11:36:24 AM »
I'm excited because I hope they either put a fork into Warzone OR they make COD actually improve the game on the next iteration which will likely line up with this release.  Warzone needs competition IMO. 
Apparently the general manager for COD has joined DICE to be GM for the next Battlefield so something along those lines may happen.  :lol

Also DICE has released some cryptic message to diffrent streamers and content creators and from what it looks like it may be a set in the future so some are suggesting a sequel or something related to Battlefield 2142.