Author Topic: The Battlefield 3 Thread v. BE ADVISED, AWESOME IN YOUR AO, OVER  (Read 96938 times)

Offline Nefarius

• Named Nefarius since before it was cool.
Re: The Battlefield 3 Thread v. BE ADVISED, AWESOME IN YOUR AO, OVER
« Reply #980 on: September 30, 2013, 02:46:10 AM »
Damn, I've got something planned for tomorrow evening and a long day at work ahead on Wednesday. So it's gonna be a quick round tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday evening. And hoping I don't need to buy a new GeForce. :laugh:

Greetings...
Nef

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #981 on: September 30, 2013, 04:22:34 AM »
I actuall just bought a new GPU but it hasn't arrived and I can't install it anyway because I need a new PSU and most likely a new MoBo and CPU  :angry: but i'm in the midst of upgrading so eventually it will happen. Until then I need to run on my current setup and I don't think my poor GPU will like that very much, not at all.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #982 on: September 30, 2013, 06:32:33 AM »
Does anyone know when the beta is supposed to be available tomorrow?
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #983 on: September 30, 2013, 06:51:24 AM »
Does anyone know when the beta is supposed to be available tomorrow?
I think I heard 10:00 CEST somewhere.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #984 on: September 30, 2013, 10:51:46 AM »
That's mean its available at 4am here. Looks like I'll see if I can download it and play a match or two before my first class.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #985 on: September 30, 2013, 04:45:47 PM »
pre loading woo!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #986 on: October 01, 2013, 01:52:48 AM »
Pretty fun looking around on the map where people play. I can report that there's as of now 3 BF4 players on Greenland, that's 3 more than I thought!  :lol

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #987 on: October 01, 2013, 07:30:51 AM »
I'm still waiting on the BF4 beta link to pop up on my Xbox live marketplace. Was hoping to download it before class, but I don't think that's going to happen. No big deal.

Can't wait to download and play when I get back. :corn

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #988 on: October 01, 2013, 09:23:45 AM »
So i've been playing a bit and enjoying it very much. I run medium/high and it flows pretty good with my 560Ti although I get the occasional frame drops on certain places. First time I saw the building drop I nearly got goosebumps. I was standing on top and you hear these loud thumps, then you know shits is about to get real so you just run and jump, slowly glides down while the building crumbles. Pretty damn cool.

It feels very much like BF3 although you character moves a bit slowly, almost like you feel the weight you are carrying. The sound is absolutly top notch and gun play feels very smooth.

I like the map, just played a match where the enemy team completly owned the C flag (tower) and camped every elevator so you couldn't get up. So my team started to fire at the pillars and eventually the ground started to shake and the building fell down. At that point the match just turned and we could push the enemies back. Very cool moment. Btw the building seems to take more punches then I thought and it took a while before it fell down.

I feel though that the game for some reason feels very much like a beta, on several spots I saw missing textures and I got stuck in the death screen several times and couldn't spawn. Nothing that ruined my experience and i'm sure things will get fixed.

Overal i'm very optimistic and I look forward to follow this game transform into a final product.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #989 on: October 01, 2013, 11:41:21 AM »
Still waiting for the download link to be posted on the Xbox live marketplace, so I'm fairly jealous of everyone who is already playing. From what I hear and understand, Microsoft is in the process of rolling out the beta invites for people with Premium access, so I'll just have to be patient and hope it is put up soon for me. Thank God for being a premium member. It looks like I'll be going premium for when BF4 comes out, as well.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #990 on: October 02, 2013, 07:31:38 AM »
So I have some money on an amazon gift card and was considering the prepurchae of bf4. I see you get the expansion pack but I am wondering if it is known of that pack is part of bf4 premium. I see you can already per purchase premium on amazon so I'm wondering if there is a point to buying bf4 ahead of time. I know I will get the game I just don't know if I'll be ready to play day 1 and I'll definitely get the premium as well so I just want to know if I get something worthy with the per purchase.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #991 on: October 02, 2013, 07:50:21 AM »
So I have some money on an amazon gift card and was considering the prepurchae of bf4. I see you get the expansion pack but I am wondering if it is known of that pack is part of bf4 premium. I see you can already per purchase premium on amazon so I'm wondering if there is a point to buying bf4 ahead of time. I know I will get the game I just don't know if I'll be ready to play day 1 and I'll definitely get the premium as well so I just want to know if I get something worthy with the per purchase.
#BF4 standard

#BF4 Deluxe edition (Includes China Rising and beta access)

#BF4 Premium service (Includes the expansions: China Rising, Second Assault (4 remade BF3 maps), Naval Strike, Dragons Teeth and Final Stand)
+ TWO-WEEK EARLY ACCESS TO ALL FIVE EXPANSION PACKS
+ EXCLUSIVE PERSONALIZATION OPTIONS
+ 12 BONUS BATTLEFIELD 4 BATTLEPACKS
+ SEAMLESSLY TRANSFER PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP FROM XBOX 360 TO XBOX ONE AND PS3 TO PS4

So yes China Rising is part of the deluxe edition so you could save some money and buy the standard version and buy premium later if you like. I haven't bought premium myself yet but I did buy the deluxe edition.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #992 on: October 02, 2013, 09:35:43 PM »
Beta runs pretty poorly for me but i've got the warm and fuzzies again playing with all my old friends. Good stuff.

Also, the portable soflam + RPG is ridiculously overpowered. Been abusing that combo all night on the rooftops :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #993 on: October 03, 2013, 01:00:25 AM »
Yea the roof tops are a camping party but it's so satisfying taking the elevator up and sneak behind players with C4.  Unless they hear the damn elevator beep and you get slaughtered by 5 guys waiting for you at the top.  :lol

Offline Nefarius

« Reply #994 on: October 03, 2013, 08:33:53 AM »
I run medium/high and it flows pretty good with my 560Ti although I get the occasional frame drops on certain places.

So that's why you said it feels sluggish in BattleLog. I'm on a 580 GTX with 3GB VRAM and would only use "high" for sightseeing. For the game to be somewhat playable I set it to "medium" with a few things on "low". But I don't really care anymore, I'll be on a little detour on my way home from work to get a 780. :biggrin:

I haven't really played a lot so far. The map's structure is nice and even though the flags aren't really that far apart it feels pretty big due to the vertical element. The very same thing makes the map a camper/lamer/sniper fest though, which sucks big time. And this obsession with desaturation is getting ridiculous. BF3 was colorful compared to this. With everything gray and dusty the characters are extremely hard to spot in certain areas.

More feedback after playing with upgraded hardware.

Greetings...
Nef

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #995 on: October 03, 2013, 08:53:01 AM »
So is this game going to look/run like crap on my gtx460? Id love a new video card but don't have the cash for it. BF3 had no issues for me on high.

Also, thanks for the help Boom, I'll probably just buy the game when it comes out and I'm ready to play and then get premium maybe for Christmas. I think I'll survive without the first expansion for a month or so which will give me time to play through the single player and then learn the base maps.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #996 on: October 03, 2013, 12:59:52 PM »
I run medium/high and it flows pretty good with my 560Ti although I get the occasional frame drops on certain places.

So that's why you said it feels sluggish in BattleLog. I'm on a 580 GTX with 3GB VRAM and would only use "high" for sightseeing. For the game to be somewhat playable I set it to "medium" with a few things on "low". But I don't really care anymore, I'll be on a little detour on my way home from work to get a 780. :biggrin:

I haven't really played a lot so far. The map's structure is nice and even though the flags aren't really that far apart it feels pretty big due to the vertical element. The very same thing makes the map a camper/lamer/sniper fest though, which sucks big time. And this obsession with desaturation is getting ridiculous. BF3 was colorful compared to this. With everything gray and dusty the characters are extremely hard to spot in certain areas.

More feedback after playing with upgraded hardware.

Greetings...
Nef
I actually meant that your character seems to be moving slower than before, nothing that really had to do with performance but I wasn't 100% sure at that time. Good choice man because this arrived at my place just two days ago:

:biggrin:

I'm actually building a new PC and that was the first component to arrive, to bad I can't install it yet though.  :-\

So is this game going to look/run like crap on my gtx460? Id love a new video card but don't have the cash for it. BF3 had no issues for me on high.

Also, thanks for the help Boom, I'll probably just buy the game when it comes out and I'm ready to play and then get premium maybe for Christmas. I think I'll survive without the first expansion for a month or so which will give me time to play through the single player and then learn the base maps.
No problem. I think you will do just fine with your 460, as long as you don't crank up to much.  :)

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #997 on: October 05, 2013, 10:41:50 AM »
So it's seems like Metro will be filled with water:

I actually look forward to see what they will do with the old maps.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #998 on: October 05, 2013, 10:51:45 AM »
Played the beta for a few minutes last night, and I really liked it, although the textures were really really ugly. I think I'll just wait until I get an Xbox One for this one.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #999 on: October 05, 2013, 10:57:48 AM »

fuck

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1000 on: October 05, 2013, 12:16:41 PM »

fuck
:lol Metro gets alot of flack because of it's linear map design but I find the map really fun when you play 4v4 or 8v8. More then that and it's a legit "fuck" or more precisely "clusterfuck".

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #1001 on: October 05, 2013, 12:39:45 PM »
I quite enjoyed 32 player Rush on Metro during the BF3 beta.

So what's the deal with preorder bonuses? You get the first DLC free if you preorder?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1002 on: October 09, 2013, 04:23:59 AM »
Obliteration mode is now available soldiers!  :hat

I quite enjoyed 32 player Rush on Metro during the BF3 beta.

So what's the deal with preorder bonuses? You get the first DLC free if you preorder?
It depends on what you preorder.

This is the diffrent versions you can get and what those includes:

#BF4 standard

#BF4 Deluxe edition (Includes China Rising DLC and beta access)

#BF4 Premium service (Includes the expansions: China Rising, Second Assault (4 remade BF3 maps), Naval Strike, Dragons Teeth and Final Stand)
+ TWO-WEEK EARLY ACCESS TO ALL FIVE EXPANSION PACKS
+ EXCLUSIVE PERSONALIZATION OPTIONS
+ 12 BONUS BATTLEFIELD 4 BATTLEPACKS
+ SEAMLESSLY TRANSFER PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP FROM XBOX 360 TO XBOX ONE AND PS3 TO PS4

Offline Nefarius

« Reply #1003 on: October 11, 2013, 02:23:03 AM »
So MrBoom's already close to 20 hours, I'm over 21 hours... a few days of beta left, let's see if we'll get another map for the weekend like we did with BF3.
Then it's back to two weeks of BF3 to keep the fingers moving. After that I'll be ready to start collecting all weapons and gadgets and unlocks anew. :biggrin:
Or just let me unlock my AUG (8210 kills on BF3) as soon as possible and I'll be happy.

Greetings...
Nef

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1004 on: October 11, 2013, 03:27:52 AM »
So MrBoom's already close to 20 hours, I'm over 21 hours... a few days of beta left, let's see if we'll get another map for the weekend like we did with BF3.
Then it's back to two weeks of BF3 to keep the fingers moving. After that I'll be ready to start collecting all weapons and gadgets and unlocks anew. :biggrin:
Or just let me unlock my AUG (8210 kills on BF3) as soon as possible and I'll be happy.

Greetings...
Nef
Man two weeks fly by like a nothing. Hadn't realised the beta is almost over. I must say that the beta have had me more excited for the game than I initially thought actually, which is a nice surprise. I'm really looking forward to what they've done to the other maps in the vanilla game and all the new/old weapons, gadgets, new/old modes like how rush will play out on SoS for instance and everything else that ships along with the game. Holy cow...so much to look forward too!

Yea let's hope they treat us with a new map for the weekend!  :metal

Offline Nefarius

« Reply #1005 on: October 15, 2013, 05:23:33 AM »
Well, it's over. It was fun. Had an incredible final night with several MVP rounds in a row. Looking forward to the final product.

It was kinda unacceptable though - even for an older code beta version - to be optimized only for Win8 with Win7 users experiencing lags, stutters, and as little as 40-60% of the framerates they should have had based on their hardware. The fact that they released patches to address this issue (which only made the performance worse on my machine) makes me expect and predict that the problem won't be anywhere near resolved on release.

But then again BF3 also took from beta until the end of the year until it was halfway stable and complete, so I guess we're somewhat used to it. :biggrin:

And I'll spend several hundred hours with the game anyway unlocking every little thing to satisfy my need to collect stuff, so a little tweaking and evolution won't hurt too much. Still it's something that shouldn't happen, at least not in that magnitude.

Greetings...
Nef

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1006 on: October 15, 2013, 07:35:18 AM »
Glad you guys enjoyed. I played some bf3 the past couple days and am now really pumped for bf4. Now if only I could get a better video card

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1007 on: October 15, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »
Look out for the Nvidia 600 series, you can get a good price on those these days. Or of course the new AMD cards have great value for a low price.

Anyway here's a very entertaining organized match by LevelBF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OtKhRf9CWs

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1008 on: October 17, 2013, 03:03:19 AM »

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #1009 on: October 18, 2013, 05:22:46 PM »
That is so awesome.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1010 on: October 23, 2013, 04:21:44 AM »
One week left folks!  :metal

Here's something to get y'all pumped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq7hKqUqSFs#t=19

or try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oHmFeIubD0

Offline efx

« Reply #1011 on: October 23, 2013, 05:09:28 AM »
I'm participating in a 5vs5 at the midnight release thing here in stockholm. I think I continually underestimate just how good people are at it even though I have a million hours logged on every map.
We had a 64 player press even thing yesterday that confirmed that much was true.
If we are giving out prizes it should be the easiest one you can win haha.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1012 on: October 23, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »
I'm participating in a 5vs5 at the midnight release thing here in stockholm. I think I continually underestimate just how good people are at it even though I have a million hours logged on every map.
We had a 64 player press even thing yesterday that confirmed that much was true.
If we are giving out prizes it should be the easiest one you can win haha.
That's awesome. I must say the beta made me excited for the full launch, slightly more than I thought actually.  :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1013 on: October 26, 2013, 04:38:44 PM »
So I splurged and bought the digital deluxe edition for $75 after tax and it is downloading now.  I think the preload is pretty cool so you dont have to download and wait after the release although I wont be playing at midnight of the release.  I got the digital deluxe because it comes with all the vehicle unlocks which for me is nice since after 165 hours of BF3, I was not even close to unlocking everything with the vehicles since Im pretty terrible with them.  Obviously this gives me an advantage, but it gives me a feature of the game I was unable to unlock on my own before.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1014 on: November 01, 2013, 07:15:43 AM »
I'm finally downloading BF4, two days of learning how to build a PC and i'm finally done. Can't express the feeling I had just before I booted the PC, it's pretty hard to mess up but you still can't help thinking about all the diffrent thing's that potentially could go wrong and the money you invest in it to work. There's just alot of things to think about.

Ah well so far it runs like a charm.