Author Topic: The Battlefield 3 Thread v. BE ADVISED, AWESOME IN YOUR AO, OVER  (Read 97438 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: The Battlefield 3 Thread v. BE ADVISED, AWESOME IN YOUR AO, OVER
« Reply #805 on: December 09, 2012, 07:51:25 AM »
Yea it's a fun mode.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #806 on: December 09, 2012, 09:21:25 AM »
I play rush 98% of the time, but I played two games of scavenger and it was kinda okay.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #807 on: December 09, 2012, 09:27:25 AM »
How's rush in AM? Only played a little bit.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TheVoxyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #808 on: December 09, 2012, 10:09:45 AM »
It's pretty good, the mcoms are placed good so I think it's rather balanced for attackers/defenders.

• DTF.org Member

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #810 on: January 02, 2013, 02:48:55 PM »
How?

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/50387551/1/
423? He seems legit so i don't wanna blame him for anything but.....how? :|

I've been lately trying too fix my lousy K/D ratio, being a result of my awful first two month in the game where i struggled to learn the game and everything because BF3 is my first in the series. Let me put it simple: I died ALOT in the beginning therefor i have a high death ratio and that have followed me even when i started to get better at the game. I'm in no interest to reset my stats because i only play for my own enjoyment meaning that i only care for the progress i make and not the stats itself but i do use my stats to see my progress. I love Better Battlelog for precisly that thing.
I mean sure there's alot more than just having good K/D ratio but that's what i'm focusing on at the moment.

Higher stats don't make you a better/skilled player but it's awesome that you can follow every inch of your playtime and judge for yourself what you have to improve upon and that is something i really enjoy.

When i look at his player stats, i mean he got 119,695 kills and 37,742 deaths which makes his K/D ratio 3.17! My K/D ratio now is 0.98 which is better than 0.85 that i had in august but still so damn far away from 3.17! Stuff like that just kills me, her i work my butt off and then players like this shows up! Arrggghhhh!

Yes i'm an avid BF player!  :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #811 on: January 02, 2013, 03:03:24 PM »
How? LOOK AT THAT ROUND TIME!! Fucking 2:06!

My K/D ratio is 1.26. ;)
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #812 on: January 02, 2013, 03:43:56 PM »
How? LOOK AT THAT ROUND TIME!! Fucking 2:06!

My K/D ratio is 1.26. ;)
Yea i know but still....423! Thats insane!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #813 on: January 02, 2013, 03:45:45 PM »
I don't think so, I've gotten my fair shares of 80-90 kill games in those 50-60 minutes long Conquest rounds, and this is on consoles with 24 players only! I can certainly see myself getting 200-300 on PC.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #814 on: January 02, 2013, 04:14:55 PM »
I salute your confidence but i played since day one on PC and my highest score during a match is 133/66 with a run time on 1h 42m and that was a very on sided game. I very rarely see anyone with over 200 kills no matter how long the match time is. It sure can happen but it's not as common as you may think.

Offline Tunnel Vision

« Reply #815 on: January 02, 2013, 07:10:35 PM »
If you own the base game, the premium service is on sale  @ amazon https://goo.gl/JJTnY

I'm still getting used to the new maps & weapons

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #816 on: January 18, 2013, 05:15:09 AM »
Soo i just reset my stats..........and i feel dirty! Dammit why did i do that whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #817 on: January 18, 2013, 07:39:14 AM »
I thought about resetting my stats when I first got premium. I was terrible when I first started (kdr of like .6) but worked really hard over time to get it to 1.01. So I'm happy with doing that but my overall stats aren't impressive.

Offline TheVoxyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #818 on: January 18, 2013, 07:54:04 AM »
My stats:

Not all that great but I'm not very great at shooters to start with :p.

Also:

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #819 on: January 18, 2013, 08:02:05 AM »
I thought about resetting my stats when I first got premium. I was terrible when I first started (kdr of like .6) but worked really hard over time to get it to 1.01. So I'm happy with doing that but my overall stats aren't impressive.
Yea that's exactly what i did too, i have worked my ass off because i was terrible in the beginning and those bad results led to that my ratio went extremly slow up even though my gameplay had become alot better. Last night i just said: fuck it, let's just reset and see what will happen.

To give some perspective i had 24566 kills with a K/D ratio of 1.02 and now i have 80 kills with a K/D ratio of 1.7!  :|  :blush

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #820 on: January 18, 2013, 08:15:40 AM »
Well hopefully you can keep that kdr up but id be sad to see over 24000 kills disapear

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #821 on: January 18, 2013, 08:30:33 AM »
Well the thing is all the statistics in "All Time Statistics" is still the same it's only those over the reset button that seems to change. But yea that felt a little i must admit, when it said 0 kills.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #822 on: January 18, 2013, 09:51:00 AM »
Sup?

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #823 on: January 18, 2013, 10:05:58 AM »
I like the consistency in kills you have on the 5 weapons! :tup Btw the UMP is a beast, it's a new found love for me!  :)

Mines a little more spread out:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:11:22 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline TheVoxyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #824 on: January 18, 2013, 10:09:41 AM »
I have noticed that I do best and have higher k/d when I run around with just a pistol for some reason.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #825 on: January 18, 2013, 10:12:22 AM »
Holy shit! Do you ONLY play on the Russian side?? :lol

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #826 on: January 18, 2013, 10:14:59 AM »
Haha never thought about that actually!  :lol

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #827 on: January 18, 2013, 12:02:39 PM »
I haven't played in quite some time, but:

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #828 on: January 18, 2013, 12:11:28 PM »
Well the thing is all the statistics in "All Time Statistics" is still the same it's only those over the reset button that seems to change. But yea that felt a little i must admit, when it said 0 kills.
Just wanna add that "All Time Statstics" have the real K/D noted and everything else so those four over the Reset button are only cosmetic changes in lack of a better word so the reset button dosen't really change anything anyway. You could call those "at the moment" ratios if you will. If you have Better Battlelog (recommend it to every PC player, don't know if it works with the consoles) the numbers and statistics transferred are based on the input from the "real" statistics.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #829 on: January 23, 2013, 10:40:37 AM »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #830 on: January 23, 2013, 10:46:45 AM »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #831 on: January 29, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Battlerecorder, pro-mod and night mod for BF3.

Pretty cool but the night mod is just freakin awesome. The Frostbite engine has so much potential and it's sad that we didn't see any approved mods for BF3 so i'm hoping DICE have learned their lesson with BF4.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #832 on: January 31, 2013, 08:19:29 AM »
End Game - Capture the Flag:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK5f7az5dIY

Air Superiority trailer for premium members is also available.
 :metal

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #833 on: February 14, 2013, 11:38:31 AM »
If you wanna watch an awesome BF3 showmatch in spectator mode, there's one about to start in 30 min:

https://levelbf.com/live/

LevelBF vs EyeBallers

Edit: Ok, this is awesome they even have a freecam!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:30:16 PM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #834 on: February 16, 2013, 03:49:01 AM »
Operation Riverside:

Sabalan Pipeline:

Kaisar Railroad:

Nebandan Flats:

All maps will have the following modes: Capture the Flag, Air Superiority, Conquest, Rush, Squad Rush, Team Deathmatch, Squad Deathmatch
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:58:31 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #835 on: February 16, 2013, 06:56:04 AM »
Are there mods in Battlefield 3? 

I was always a big fan of the series, but haven't played anything past Battlefield 2 because it looked like it just became a Call of Duty clone. 
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #836 on: February 16, 2013, 08:04:13 AM »
When does End Game come out?
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #837 on: February 16, 2013, 08:30:18 AM »

I was always a big fan of the series, but haven't played anything past Battlefield 2 because it looked like it just became a Call of Duty clone.
No mods or tweaks are allowed. There are some mods circling around that you can use but there's a big risk your gonna get banned from the game.
Here's some cool ones!

There's been alot of complaining in the BF community that DICE have not supported the modding community with the Frostbite 2 engine. Apparently the engine is to complicated at the moment or something like that, i'm not quite sure. Hopefully they have solved it when BF4 comes out.

The "BF3 have become like COD" discussion is a hot topic amongst fans and have been going on for a while. It's all about personal taste in the end but if I may speak for myself a bit I atleast enjoy BF3 alot and for me the game is the best FPS multiplayer game at the moment. I still think that BF3 and COD are two diffrent games no matter what anyone says.

When does End Game come out?
No dates yet other than it will come out in March.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #838 on: February 16, 2013, 11:54:32 AM »

No mods or tweaks are allowed. There are some mods circling around that you can use but there's a big risk your gonna get banned from the game.
Here's some cool ones!

There's been alot of complaining in the BF community that DICE have not supported the modding community with the Frostbite 2 engine. Apparently the engine is to complicated at the moment or something like that, i'm not quite sure. Hopefully they have solved it when BF4 comes out.

That's just dev speak for "we don't want anyone to play the game any other way."

Guess I won't get it then.  I still have Forgotten Hope and Project Reality, so I don't really care.  From the looks of all the gameplay I've seen, the Battlefield series has given up on what made it unique in the first place.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #839 on: February 16, 2013, 12:05:11 PM »
I haven't played any other BF besides BF3, and I don't see it being much like COD besides the very basics of a modern FPS.  What made the older BFs different?